Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

568 Pages V « < 70 71 72 73 74 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> updated voting/requesting guide: let's get busy!, Merged
Craig Bennett
post Mar 3rd 2012, 2:27 PM
Post #1421

Group: Members

QUOTE(NCMom @ Mar 3rd 2012, 12:16 AM) *

I just can't stand "countrywide". Something about it grates on my nerves. I wish they would have given him an award SEVERAL years ago when he started, for something. I'm not saying he is not talented, to each his own but not my taste. Hate me if you will, I don't like Aldean either. My daughter thinks I am crazy...I don't hate young people and their music either, I just don't want to hear it and I am SICK of all of the POP songs on country stations that they shove down our throats.

Maybe I need to go to bed or take a pill or something....I am not usually this bad. Is it a full moon?

shifty.gif fear.gif Just got to say it one more time: WRONG CATEGORY.

thumbsup.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Mar 3rd 2012, 2:27 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

grace2000
post Mar 4th 2012, 12:51 PM
Post #1422

QUOTE(Ottawa1946 @ Mar 1st 2012, 9:25 AM) *

Yes, I am from Ottawa, Canada. This forum is the best. I am completely crazy about Scotty. Is this normal for a 65 yrs old grand-mother. By the way, my daughter thinks I am totaly out of my mind.

I'm a tad bit older than you and a grandmother and completely over the top about Scotty...and my daughter reacts the same way and my son just smiles...think they're getting used to it by now. Even hubby asks me how's the Scotty voting going. So if you're not normal, there's a bunch of us not normal right along with you. And yes join twitter...easiest way to stay up with everything Scotty!

P.S. TOC let me vote once only from an ip address! In fact yesterday voted at home on desk top, went to daughters and voted on laptop, then went to son's and voted on laptop again and was told "Thanks we've already counted your vote!" It didn't do that to me on GAC Top 20 so I should be ok for the real ACM vote. I think TOC is just crazy and is only trying to get internet traffic to their site...the voting page is no longer being featured...you have to use their site search option to find it if you didn't use one of the links published at another site(like twitter or fans of scotty).

OK Enough rambling. Welcome to the world of Scottymania!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ottawa1946
post Mar 4th 2012, 1:27 PM
Post #1423

Group: NX Subscribers

Fav. AI: Scotty McCreery

QUOTE(grace2000 @ Mar 4th 2012, 12:51 PM) *

I'm a tad bit older than you and a grandmother and completely over the top about Scotty...and my daughter reacts the same way and my son just smiles...think they're getting used to it by now. Even hubby asks me how's the Scotty voting going. So if you're not normal, there's a bunch of us not normal right along with you. And yes join twitter...easiest way to stay up with everything Scotty!

P.S. TOC let me vote once only from an ip address! In fact yesterday voted at home on desk top, went to daughters and voted on laptop, then went to son's and voted on laptop again and was told "Thanks we've already counted your vote!" It didn't do that to me on GAC Top 20 so I should be ok for the real ACM vote. I think TOC is just crazy and is only trying to get internet traffic to their site...the voting page is no longer being featured...you have to use their site search option to find it if you didn't use one of the links published at another site(like twitter or fans of scotty).

OK Enough rambling. Welcome to the world of Scottymania!!!

I actually have joined Twitter so I am constantly going from Twitter to IDF to Fans of Scotty for news. I tell you, I am as up-to-date as anybody could be.

Now, I am waiting to see if Scotty will be joining Brad in Ottawa in August. If so, I don't care how much the tickets are, I am buying VIP (It is an outside event, lasts 3 days and is called Capital Hoedown). Hopefully no danger of snow at that time of year.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Mamalety1949
post Mar 4th 2012, 1:52 PM
Post #1424

Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery
Fav. Scotty McCreery

QUOTE(Ottawa1946 @ Mar 4th 2012, 1:27 PM) *

I actually have joined Twitter so I am constantly going from Twitter to IDF to Fans of Scotty for news. I tell you, I am as up-to-date as anybody could be.

Now, I am waiting to see if Scotty will be joining Brad in Ottawa in August. If so, I don't care how much the tickets are, I am buying VIP (It is an outside event, lasts 3 days and is called Capital Hoedown). Hopefully no danger of snow at that time of year.

Capital Hoedown sounds like fun........I might just make a trip to Ottawa grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
SCOTTY IS PURE COUNTRY BECAUSE COUNTRY IS DOWN TO EARTH FOR THE EARTH
+Quote Post
mism
post Mar 4th 2012, 6:02 PM
Post #1425

QUOTE(summerthyme @ Mar 1st 2012, 8:57 AM) *

Scotty McCreery ‏ @ScottyMcCreery
“@itahCM: hello original.gif we are almost there tasteofcountry.com/acm-award-new-… continue voting for @ScottyMcCreery” >> thank ya!

I saw some comments about this poll in the Twitter thread, but I was unaware of the discussion in this thread until yesterday. Perhaps if this had a thread of its own, Scotty would get more votes. I'm willing to do it, but I haven't followed this as closely as many of you.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mm99
post Mar 4th 2012, 6:11 PM
Post #1426

Fav. Team McCreery145 MC113 SM345

QUOTE(mism @ Mar 4th 2012, 3:02 PM) *

I saw some comments about this poll in the Twitter thread, but I was unaware of the discussion in this thread until yesterday. Perhaps if this had a thread of its own, Scotty would get more votes. I'm willing to do it, but I haven't followed this as closely as many of you.

That would be wonderful.

However, that said, I did some Canadian math today. Went to the university and changed Scotty's percentage by one percent. Doing the CM on the number of computers used in this little experiment, I realized that this poll has had, including about 2000 votes which I consider robo-votes before the poll changed, in all about 10,000 votes, 5400 for BG, 3600 for scotty and the rest for HH When we consider how many HUNDREDs of THOUSANDs of votes are gonna come through when the voting really starts, this poll is totally useless in showing who is going to win. Again, if we look at the facebook and twitter fans who WILL vote once the real thing happens, well, if fan voting counts for anything in the end, we know who will win. And like Windmills says, I don't think most of industry is really against Scotty. Maybe a couple of radio people. But the way I see it, using Canadian Math, Scotty will win, and a couple of disgruntled people will cry foul and say, But Brantley DESERVED it.

And we will all be crying with happiness. Not sadness. canadianwave.gif

This post has been edited by mm99: Mar 4th 2012, 6:13 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Mamalety1949
post Mar 4th 2012, 6:16 PM
Post #1427

Fav. Scotty McCreery

QUOTE(mm99 @ Mar 4th 2012, 6:11 PM) *

That would be wonderful.

However, that said, I did some Canadian math today. Went to the university and changed Scotty's percentage by one percent. Doing the CM on the number of computers used in this little experiment, I realized that this poll has had, including about 2000 votes which I consider robo-votes before the poll changed, in all about 10,000 votes, 5400 for BG, 3600 for scotty and the rest for HH When we consider how many HUNDREDs of THOUSANDs of votes are gonna come through when the voting really starts, this poll is totally useless in showing who is going to win. Again, if we look at the facebook and twitter fans who WILL vote once the real thing happens, well, if fan voting counts for anything in the end, we know who will win. And like Windmills says, I don't think most of industry is really against Scotty. Maybe a couple of radio people. But the way I see it, using Canadian Math, Scotty will win, and a couple of disgruntled people will cry foul and say, But Brantley DESERVED it.

mm99, you make me love Canadian math wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
SCOTTY IS PURE COUNTRY BECAUSE COUNTRY IS DOWN TO EARTH FOR THE EARTH
+Quote Post
sinycalone
post Mar 4th 2012, 6:15 PM
Post #1428

"Too dumb for New York, too ugly for LA".

That was the title of one of Waylon's albums...and it does seem to apply in this case.

BG is a wannabe rocker, not a country singer. (And I'm tired of the argument: well, country music has to evolve, bringing in pop and rock will make it more popular. If I wanted to listen to rock and pop, I'd go to stations that offer those genres. When Willie, Waylon, Coe, etc. were considered outlaws, it wasn't because they wanted country music to lose its roots -- they just wanted to introduce some drums and less countrypolitan stuff. They wanted fewer pop music influences. Same thing when Alan, Randy, Clint, etc. came along...they just wanted the more traditional music to be the primary focus in country.)

The argument that he's paid his dues, has been around a while, and should get recognition is stupid -- as many have already pointed out. He therefore is not new.

This post has been edited by sinycalone: Mar 4th 2012, 6:17 PM

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

BEACON THEATER, NEW YORK
+Quote Post
amc
post Mar 4th 2012, 6:17 PM
Post #1429

Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. AI13: Dexter and Sam

Perhaps TOC can explain why the FB comment section is conveniently broken so mainly only a ton of old posts supporting BG are front and center. I've tried to leave a comment for three days now.

--------------------
IPB Image
Buy Scotty McCreery Top 10 RADIO HIT See You Tonight and new single FEELIN' IT!
+Quote Post
mism
post Mar 4th 2012, 6:27 PM
Post #1430

I wasn't even aware of this poll when all the "stuff" happened and if someone knows some "magic" I realize that there's not much we can do about it. That's my logical side talking. original.gif My participation in polls is pretty random but when I see what appears to be obvious manipulation, my logical side gets squashed and I want to push back.

I'll let my logical side win this one.

--------------------
+Quote Post
amc
post Mar 5th 2012, 1:08 PM
Post #1431

Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. AI13: Dexter and Sam

It's in the twitter thread, but might as well put it here too. This one's going to be tough!

http://www.q102.com/pages/country-music-bracket/index.html

--------------------
IPB Image
Buy Scotty McCreery Top 10 RADIO HIT See You Tonight and new single FEELIN' IT!
+Quote Post
mm99
post Mar 5th 2012, 2:15 PM
Post #1432

QUOTE(amc @ Mar 5th 2012, 10:08 AM) *

It's in the twitter thread, but might as well put it here too. This one's going to be tough!

http://www.q102.com/pages/country-music-bracket/index.html

Looks like we can vote as much as we want. Prepare to lose, though. It's not a very fair pairing.

ETA: HA, almost tied! Scotty fans are the MAN!

This post has been edited by mm99: Mar 5th 2012, 2:35 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Lexien
post Mar 5th 2012, 2:55 PM
Post #1433

QUOTE(mm99 @ Mar 5th 2012, 2:15 PM) *

Looks like we can vote as much as we want. Prepare to lose, though. It's not a very fair pairing.

Wow. Good for Scotty fans!! Now...I'm just thrilled Scotty is in the Contender section:)))

--------------------
+Quote Post
mm99
post Mar 5th 2012, 3:05 PM
Post #1434

QUOTE(Lexien @ Mar 5th 2012, 11:55 AM) *

Wow. Good for Scotty fans!! Now...I'm just thrilled Scotty is in the Contender section:)))

Scotty is now winning. And this morning it was 80% for Taylor. If he can beat Taylor here, he can do anything. But let us not get COMPLACENT! (read ACMs...)

This post has been edited by mm99: Mar 5th 2012, 3:07 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
missa87
post Mar 5th 2012, 5:10 PM
Post #1435

QUOTE(Lexien @ Mar 5th 2012, 2:55 PM) *

Just to be up there with some of the names who are in this poll is amazing iin and of itself...even Faith Hill only made an honorable mention

This post has been edited by missa87: Mar 5th 2012, 5:03 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mm99
post Mar 5th 2012, 5:31 PM
Post #1436

QUOTE(missa87 @ Mar 5th 2012, 2:10 PM) *

Just to be up there with some of the names who are in this poll is amazing iin and of itself...even Faith Hill only made an honorable mention

And Brantley and Hunter didn't even get that!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
drdeb
post Mar 5th 2012, 5:33 PM
Post #1437

QUOTE(mm99 @ Mar 4th 2012, 6:11 PM) *

That would be wonderful.

I like both your reasoning and your Canadian Math! thumbsup.gif

[NOTE: I'm waiting to bring out my big guns (cough-computer labs-cough) for the actual ACM voting!!]

--------------------
+Quote Post
mm99
post Mar 5th 2012, 6:04 PM
Post #1438

QUOTE(drdeb @ Mar 5th 2012, 2:33 PM) *

I like both your reasoning and your Canadian Math! thumbsup.gif

[NOTE: I'm waiting to bring out my big guns (cough-computer labs-cough) for the actual ACM voting!!]

Yes, I do miss my labs sooooo much. I won't be able to do as much as I used to, though, although who knows, in a couple of weeks, who knows!?

QUOTE(mm99 @ Mar 5th 2012, 11:15 AM) *

Considering this is a pop/rock station, the votes for all the candidates are interesting. It's like people are saying, we are sick and tired of this faux country. We Want Real Country. This could be the beginning of a real revolt.

This post has been edited by mm99: Mar 5th 2012, 6:04 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
JeanR
post Mar 5th 2012, 6:24 PM
Post #1439

QUOTE(buttons66 @ Mar 2nd 2012, 9:57 PM) *

Pure 12-Pack Countdown From Week of March 2, 2012
Rank Video Artist Watch
12 "Alone With You" Jake Owen
11 "You Gonna Fly" Keith Urban
10 "Tough" Kellie Pickler
09 "So You Don't Have to Love Me Anymore" Alan Jackson
08 "The Trouble With Girls" Scotty McCreery
07 "For You" Keith Urban
06 "Remind Me" Brad Paisley with Carrie Underwood
05 "Let's Don't Call It a Night" Casey James
04 "Like My Mother Does" Lauren Alaina
03 "What If" Jason Cassidy
02 "Georgia Peaches" Lauren Alaina
01 "I Love You This Big" Scotty McCreery
heart.gif We are back in the top 12 w00twave.gif
Scotty NOT in the top 20 CMT....... fear2.gif

Scotty #1 TTWG................Top 20 GAC heart.gif
Week 3/2/12

There is something really wrong or messed up with voting on CMT - how does TTWG not show up on Top 20 and how does ILYTB take #1 and LA's song #2, leaving TTWG at #8. I know most Scotty fans vote for both TTWG and ILYTB at the same time and that they also vote for the Top 20 at the same time as well. Too bad they can't be fair about the fan voting...I mean why do they even bother to try to get fans to think they are. We are NOT stupid!!

This post has been edited by JeanR: Mar 5th 2012, 6:24 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
arw1950
post Mar 5th 2012, 7:09 PM
Post #1440

Fav. Team McCreery#151

QUOTE(JeanR @ Mar 5th 2012, 6:24 PM) *

There is something really wrong or messed up with voting on CMT - how does TTWG not show up on Top 20 and how does ILYTB take #1 and LA's song #2, leaving TTWG at #8. I know most Scotty fans vote for both TTWG and ILYTB at the same time and that they also vote for the Top 20 at the same time as well. Too bad they can't be fair about the fan voting...I mean why do they even bother to try to get fans to think they are. We are NOT stupid!!

i know something is fishy ! i vote for both but i usually vote for ttwg first and then ILTB ! As far as voting on cmt top 20 fan votes do not matter .

Welcome to the forum!

--------------------
+Quote Post

568 Pages V « < 70 71 72 73 74 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 23rd 2014, 3:00 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol