Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

1254 Pages V « < 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Off Topic Thread
countrynineteen
post Feb 11th 2016, 9:17 PM
Post #24681

Group: Members

QUOTE(tfortexas @ Feb 11th 2016, 9:12 PM) *

I noticed Scotty taking to a Scott at the Facebook AI Q & A.

I saw that too. Hmm...

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 11th 2016, 9:17 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

ptebwwong
post Feb 11th 2016, 9:18 PM
Post #24682

Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery
Fav. AI15: Trent Harmon

QUOTE(tfortexas @ Feb 11th 2016, 9:12 PM) *

I noticed Scotty taking to a Scott at the Facebook AI Q & A.

I assumed that was Scott Stem, his publicist.

--------------------
+Quote Post
tfortexas
post Feb 11th 2016, 9:24 PM
Post #24683

QUOTE(ptebwwong @ Feb 11th 2016, 8:18 PM) *

I assumed that was Scott Stem, his publicist.

Oh could be. Logical.

--------------------
+Quote Post
tfortexas
post Feb 12th 2016, 2:00 AM
Post #24684

QUOTE(ptebwwong @ Feb 11th 2016, 7:30 PM) *

I wonder if the music being pulled isn't common. It's possible the relationship has gotten bad between them.

That doesn't make sense. Don't they (artist and label and writer) get money for views? So why would they pull the video? Unless there is a legal reason for it like plagiarism or something. Maybe they didn't have legal clearance to use the song.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ptebwwong
post Feb 12th 2016, 3:23 AM
Post #24685

QUOTE(tfortexas @ Feb 12th 2016, 2:00 AM) *

That doesn't make sense. Don't they (artist and label and writer) get money for views? So why would they pull the video? Unless there is a legal reason for it like plagiarism or something. Maybe they didn't have legal clearance to use the song.

Big Machine & Borchetta is one of the labels that dislikes streaming. He doesn't think streaming is worth much to an artist & doesn't think it's a stable market. Here's an article about his opinions:

http://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/scot...ad-in-a-decade/

Taylor Swift pulled her music from Spotify. So did Tim McGraw, Reba, FGL, etc. which are all on Big Machine. Since they feel this way about streaming, the label doesn't certify singles/albums based on streaming. They only base on sales. There are a lot of singles by artists like Taylor, Brantley, etc. on their label that would be certified higher based on their streams, but they don't do it.

Over at Pulse, besides the reasoning they're getting dropped some are thinking they are getting rid of the single & starting over. While I can see them starting over & going back to singing stuff like on their debut album, it's not like people forget the single ever existed. It was out there & was a Top 30 hit. Also, it's not like artists haven't done a single people would like to forget (Ex. "Donkey" by Jerrod Niemann, "Brown Chicken, Brown Cow" by Trace Adkins, etc.). None of them were pulled.

This post has been edited by ptebwwong: Feb 12th 2016, 4:25 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TorySC
post Feb 12th 2016, 8:25 AM
Post #24686

QUOTE(Lizziemat @ Feb 11th 2016, 2:22 PM) *

http://www.musicrow.com/2016/02/exclusive-...ll-their-story/

Interesting to read how real promo works.....hopeful Scotty can get some much needed promo now...

Thank you for posting! My wish is for Scotty to finally have a team with A+ CLASS (like him)behind him!

QUOTE(mary_beaton @ Feb 10th 2016, 12:53 PM) *

Trent posted this message on FB. It looks really promising for The Farm and all those affected by the CSX attempted land grab.

Trent Lassiter
4 hrs Selma, NC

Fight For The Farm Update, 2/10:

This thing isn't 100% over but I think we're as close as we're going to get to 100% anytime soon. We've spoken with SEVERAL officials from the top of the top all the way down and everyone is assuring us that it's not happening here anymore. With the letter that we posted last night to a landowner, along with the assurance from several people, we are feeling very confident that this fight is over. We can't say that 100% until we hear the official word from CSX but from what we've learned about them, that may never happen.

Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since CSX knocked on our door. The vast majority of our work was done in the first 2 weeks of this fight. We had lots of phone calls and face to face meetings during those 2 weeks. I just want to say thanks to everyone who took their time to meet with us and help get us to where we are now. Some of these people have spoken out and others haven't said a word on social media but they did quite a bit behind the scenes for our fight and we thank all of you.

To the over 9,100 people (wow) who have liked our Fight For The Farm Facebook page, ya'll are awesome! Public opinion was our only option to help turn this thing around and that would've never happened without the hundreds of shares and posts on social media. I've heard from people not only from around NC but from all over the United States! This just shows the power that social media has in the world we live in today.

Our community has grown closer now than we've ever been. When I say our community, I don't mean just the landowners that were being displaced but the 3-5 mile radius around us. We've all stuck together and it's pretty cool to see what a bunch of "country folks" can do when they work together.

You've heard the expression, you never know what you have until it's gone. Well I learned how true that is these last few weeks. On the morning of January 14th, I thought I was losing my whole life. The house where I grew up, my family farm, my business (The Farm), and potentially the other business I'm involved in (Springhill Outfitters).....all taken from us. I've always loved this area that I call home (that's why I started this fight) but the love and appreciation I have for this area now is more than ever!

To our friends, family, community, Facebook followers, politicians, and other supporters all around the country who have helped us fight.....THANK YOU! ‪#‎FightForTheFarm‬

Thanks for posting this Mary flowers.gif ! Eminent Domain devil.gif devil.gif and out of control!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jonathan
post Feb 12th 2016, 8:00 PM
Post #24687

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. Fav XFactor: One Direction

The Band Perry has been dropped. They also re-enlisted "Live Forever" on Itunes under their name, not the record labels. Thats interesting. Maybe the label gave them the rights as part of their parting agreement. They will be having a discussion on their FB page tonight at 8:30 EST with their fans about the whole situation.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Craig Bennett
post Feb 12th 2016, 8:58 PM
Post #24688

QUOTE(Jonathan @ Feb 12th 2016, 8:00 PM) *

The Band Perry has been dropped. They also re-enlisted "Live Forever" on Itunes under their name, not the record labels. Thats interesting. Maybe the label gave them the rights as part of their parting agreement. They will be having a discussion on their FB page tonight at 8:30 EST with their fans about the whole situation.

Wow! Just say no to Scotty and ANY possibility of Borchetta...IMO of course. It absolutely stuns me that labels force songs and direction on the artists, and then when the songs fail to produce, all the blame is put on the artists. And albums are delayed. And artists get dropped by the labels. Goodness what a dirty business.

--------------------
+Quote Post
tfortexas
post Feb 12th 2016, 9:13 PM
Post #24689

QUOTE(Craig Bennett @ Feb 12th 2016, 7:58 PM) *

Wow! Just say no to Scotty and ANY possibility of Borchetta...IMO of course. It absolutely stuns me that labels force songs and direction on the artists, and then when the songs fail to produce, all the blame is put on the artists. And albums are delayed. And artists get dropped by the labels. Goodness what a dirty business.

It's the label's was of forcing the artist out. They then have an excuse.

QUOTE(Jonathan @ Feb 12th 2016, 7:00 PM) *

Let us know what is said please Jonathan.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jonathan
post Feb 12th 2016, 9:22 PM
Post #24690

QUOTE(tfortexas @ Feb 12th 2016, 9:13 PM) *

It's the label's was of forcing the artist out. They then have an excuse.
Let us know what is said please Jonathan.

I watched it. All they said was that there is news coming out very soon and assured fans they are staying together and moving forward with their music. They also said it was a "technical issue" regarding what happened with "Live Forever" and that is will be back up on all places it was removed from. The news of course is that they are off Big Machine but apparently they weren't allowed to say those words yet and the "technical issue" they said was just a lie to cover it up. This whole thing seems dirty.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jonathan
post Feb 12th 2016, 9:27 PM
Post #24691

QUOTE(Craig Bennett @ Feb 12th 2016, 8:58 PM) *

I totally agree. Scotty I believe would be best on a smaller label like what Kellie Pickler is on (Black River Entertainment). She has total creative freedom and releases the real Country she wants to. The only downside is it will be even harder for Scotty to get radio play the way he wants. Major labels are dirty and screw over their artists most of the time. Small labels are cleaner but the artists rarely get the radio spins required to even get in the top 40. Nashville has become much dirtier than New York or LA's music business. It wasn't that way for most of Country music's life, just in the last 20 years, and especially this decade, it's crashed and gone to the pits of business hell fast, dragging many great artists down with it.

This post has been edited by Jonathan: Feb 12th 2016, 9:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ptebwwong
post Feb 12th 2016, 11:39 PM
Post #24692

I'm beginning to think The Band Perry's transition to pop & choreographed dancing was their idea & they don't believe it's a bad decision. I'm seeing others online thinking the same thing. I say this because "Live Forever" apparently wasn't the only song they've been planning that's very pop. At concerts, all the new music is pop oriented w/dancing. I think the label liked "Live Forever." However, since they're a label & a business they realized that TBP's decision to change their music wasn't a good one in terms of sales, airplay, etc. I think they tried to steer them away from the new music. But TBP didn't listen to go back to the country music they did before. The relationship became bad.

I say this because Borchetta recently had an interview where he said sometimes artists are too stubborn even when they're presented with data that doesn't back their opinions. Then the label has to make a decision whether to sever the relationship or not. In this case, it seems like TBP was the example in the interview.

I don't like Borchetta. But in this case it seemed like he realized the original error in releasing TBP's recent single. TBP just didn't want to change their new direction of music even when it wasn't working.

This post has been edited by ptebwwong: Feb 12th 2016, 11:58 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
tfortexas
post Feb 13th 2016, 12:29 AM
Post #24693

QUOTE(ptebwwong @ Feb 12th 2016, 10:39 PM) *

I'm beginning to think The Band Perry's transition to pop & choreographed dancing was their idea & they don't believe it's a bad decision. I'm seeing others online thinking the same thing. I say this because "Live Forever" apparently wasn't the only song they've been planning that's very pop. At concerts, all the new music is pop oriented w/dancing. I think the label liked "Live Forever." However, since they're a label & a business they realized that TBP's decision to change their music wasn't a good one in terms of sales, airplay, etc. I think they tried to steer them away from the new music. But TBP didn't listen to go back to the country music they did before. The relationship became bad.

I say this because Borchetta recently had an interview where he said sometimes artists are too stubborn even when they're presented with data that doesn't back their opinions. Then the label has to make a decision whether to sever the relationship or not. In this case, it seems like TBP was the example in the interview.

I don't like Borchetta. But in this case it seemed like he realized the original error in releasing TBP's recent single. TBP just didn't want to change their new direction of music even when it wasn't working.

That makes sense.

--------------------
+Quote Post
tfortexas
post Feb 13th 2016, 7:51 PM
Post #24694

Saw some tweets from blackish wanting Scotty to cancel.

--------------------
+Quote Post
GrandmaDot
post Feb 13th 2016, 8:09 PM
Post #24695

QUOTE(tfortexas @ Feb 13th 2016, 7:51 PM) *

Looking for concert tweets I have seen many. Apparently one person posts three versions of an activist tweet and then the others just copy and paste those three. I am remembering Judy's advice from last year - ignore!

--------------------
+Quote Post
drdeb
post Feb 14th 2016, 5:43 PM
Post #24696

QUOTE(tfortexas @ Feb 13th 2016, 7:51 PM) *

I've def been putting my 'block' option to good use today! original.gif

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
buttons66
post Feb 14th 2016, 7:09 PM
Post #24697

QUOTE(drdeb @ Feb 14th 2016, 5:43 PM) *

I've def been putting my 'block' option to good use today! original.gif

The last 2 days that block and mute button have and will work overtime til the concert is over..remember last year they picked up the pace unmercifully as the concerts get closer!! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
sinycalone
post Feb 14th 2016, 8:55 PM
Post #24698

Group: NX Subscribers

Regarding, TBP....I don't find it difficult to believe they are the ones pushing to go further into pop, not the label. They were morphing into a pop/rock act when they were opening for Brad, IMO.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

BEACON THEATER, NEW YORK
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ARgran23
post Feb 14th 2016, 9:40 PM
Post #24699

QUOTE(sinycalone @ Feb 14th 2016, 7:55 PM) *

Regarding, TBP....I don't find it difficult to believe they are the ones pushing to go further into pop, not the label. They were morphing into a pop/rock act when they were opening for Brad, IMO.

I agree. We saw them once with Brad and found nothing country about them. Just very loud. Neither my husband nor I were impressed.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ptebwwong
post Feb 15th 2016, 3:57 AM
Post #24700

QUOTE(sinycalone @ Feb 14th 2016, 8:55 PM) *

All signs are pointing that it's their idea to be a pop act. This has started coming out on Pulse, Saving Country Music, & other sites. When their music was pulled from online streaming/retailers, fans started questioning TBP "What was going on?" on their Facebook & Twitter accounts. People were also commenting that they should go back to country music. Whoever is in charge of the account has deleted posts about the situation & posts telling them to go back to country music. The posts praising their new direction to pop is still there. Fans have also been blocked.

I've liked some of their early music, but haven't liked much since then. This is a really unprofessional way to act. These fans just want some answers & for TBP or whomever is in charge of their social media to block their own fans is a bad attitude to be using. If they want to start doing pop music that's fine, but if they expect some of their past fans to follow them based on the way they've been treated recently it is not a good sign they'll follow them into this pop direction.

This post has been edited by ptebwwong: Feb 15th 2016, 3:59 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

1254 Pages V « < 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 30th 2016, 1:52 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol