Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

1158 Pages V « < 1156 1157 1158   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official NFL Football Thread, Any football fans here?
ButterflyEffect
post Feb 10th 2014, 9:38 PM
Post #23141

Group: Members

QUOTE(ShortstopVM @ Feb 10th 2014, 10:00 PM) *

If there is one thing that we should take notice of from Sam's announcement yesterday, it's how he told his teammates and coaches at the beginning of the season, but they never leaked it to anyone, letting him come out on his own.

Heck, if I was a NFL GM, I'd consider drafting any of Sam's Mizzou teammates, given how they handled Sam's announcement. yes.gif

I hope this becomes the norm in the NFL. If I were on a roster and had a gay teammate I'd be 100% supportive and would look down on anyone who wasn't. Of course there's a huge difference between myself (someone who grew up to a relatively liberal family in Eastern Canada - which is much like the Northeast USA) and someone who grew up in a conservative family in the deep south. I would hope that coaches and GM's will let it be known to their men that any sort of ridicule would not be tolerated in his locker room.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 10th 2014, 9:38 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

totes4totes
post Feb 10th 2014, 10:03 PM
Post #23142

Fav. SYTYCDA2: Talia Fowler
Fav. SYTYCDC2: Jayme Rae Dailey
Fav. Movie: Star Wars V

It makes me so happy that my Alma Mater created an environment where he felt comfortable to come out. There has been some sh*t with how football players have acted in the past at Mizzou, but this helps to alleviate some of that.

And also just the way that the Mizzou community is rallying behind him. wub.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
OB2 April 19
SYTYCD2013: Tamara Arruti, Jenna Johnson AU4: Yukino
+Quote Post
RWG
post Feb 14th 2014, 9:58 PM
Post #23143

So much for Richie Incognito's promise that the evidence, once it came out, would "barry" his accusers. Having interviewed over 100 Dolphins' players, coaches, and managers, and gone through thousands of texts, Ted Wells described the following in his independent report on the team's locker room:

Article

(I've censored all the not IDF-friendly words even though all of them are direct quotations.)

Incognito and his cronies hurled an unending series of disgusting sexual insults at Martin’s sister and mother. (Former assistant offensive line coach Chris Mosley remembered this going on constantly for a period of two weeks. More about the amazing lapses by him and Turner later.) They tricked Martin into paying $10,000 for missing a group trip to Las Vegas. (Another player, similarly fined, said, “[Censored] no,” never paid, and knew there would be no fallout.) They called Martin racist slurs—“n*gger” and also “liberal mulatto bitch,” “stinky Pakistani,” “shine box,” and “darkness.” (Jerry is black and Pouncey is biracial, which was supposed to make all of this OK, but didn’t.) Incognito also called Martin “my bitch” or “the O-line’s bitch”—once, after he’d come to Martin’s defense in a fight on the field during a scrimmage. How better to send the message that Martin was in fact his bitch—a weak-willed “half-nigger piece of crap” who had no choice but to take all of this abuse.
Incognito and other offensive linemen kept a book of fines, docking players for everything from farting to lateness to wearing ugly shoes. In that book, he fined himself $200 for “breaking Jmart” in the hours after Martin left the team. And then he issued five fines to Martin:

- 100 [censored that starts with a 'P']
- 1,000,000.00 pussy [censored that starts with a 'P']

Sadder yet, it includes the texts Jonathan Martin (whom it documents as having struggled with depression since high school) sent to his mom:

1. "I figured out a major source of my anxiety. I’m a push over, a people pleaser. I avoid confrontation whenever I can, I always want everyone to like me. I let people talk about me, say anything to my face, and I just take it, laugh it off, even when I know they are intentionally trying to disrespect me. I mostly blame the soft schools I went to, which fostered within me a feeling that I’m a huge [censored with a 'P'].

2. "I'm never gonna change. I got punked again today. Like a little bitch. And I never do anything about it."

So naturally, the biggest threat to the fragile ecosystem of an NFL locker room is the prospect of a gay player entering it. We must protect a racist's right to torture his teammates into self-loathing!

This post has been edited by RWG: Feb 14th 2014, 10:05 PM

--------------------
There are an awful lot of bubble reputations floating around that one wouldn't be doing one's job if one didn't itch to prick.

Canadians, sign here to keep Big Oil out of our parks!
+Quote Post
ButterflyEffect
post Feb 25th 2014, 11:04 AM
Post #23144

Any predictions on the top 10 picks in this years draft? I've really been on the fence with the QB's and where they'll land.

1. Houston Texans - Jadeveon Clowney, DE
2. TRADE: St Louis trades pick to Cleveland Browns
Cleveland Browns - Johnny Manziel, QB
3. Jacksonville Jaguars - Teddy Bridgewater, QB
4. St. Louis Rams (from Cleveland) - Greg Robinson, OT
5. Oakland Raiders - Blake Bortles, QB
6. Atlanta Falcons - Khalil Mack, LB
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Sammy Watkins, WR
8. Minnesota Vikings - Anthony Barr, DE/LB
9. Buffalo Bills - Jake Matthews, OT
10. Detroit Lions - Justin Gilbert, CB

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ButterflyEffect
post Feb 26th 2014, 8:03 PM
Post #23145

As for the NY Jets, I actually believe they're only a few pieces away from becoming a dominant team.

Needs:
WR (x2) - Hoping one can be found in free agency (say Emmanuel Sanders) and one in the draft
TE (x1) - Jeff Cumberland is good but probably not #1 material. If the Jets are in the position to draft Eric Ebron in the 1st round I think they should do it.
CB (x1) - This is if Cromartie doesn't restructure his contract to stay with the team.
FS (x1) - Free agency?
SS (x1) - Maybe someone from free agency as well. Both safeties could also be late round draft picks and learn behind free agent signings for a year. (But no Ed Reed please)

How about your guys team needs? I know the Patriots should probably consider drafting a TE somewhere in the draft considering Gronk has serious health issues and they really need a good TE behind him in case something happens again next season.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
kristie
post Mar 12th 2014, 1:09 AM
Post #23146

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI 13: Jena Irene

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ButterflyEffect
post Mar 12th 2014, 2:25 PM
Post #23147

I sure hope Eric Decker doesn't leave NY without signing a contract. I don't care if he's a no.1 or no.2 receiver he's still talented. Plus I'm sure he's sick of hearing about how he's just a "product of Manning" so he'll probably be playing with a pretty big chip on his shoulders next season.

Also (when) Revis is released, for the love of god go anywhere except New England.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ShortstopVM
post Mar 12th 2014, 10:58 PM
Post #23148

Fav. SYTYCD5: Karla Garcia
Fav. SYTYCD7: Lauren Froderman
Fav. MLB: New York Mets

Eric Decker is on his way to That Green Team... IPB Image

--------------------
IPB Image
(Thank you to o0itzAnGiE and to Stacey for the blinkies!)
#ZachingForever | IPB Image I support KARLA always! | IPB Image | LET'S GO METS
+Quote Post
RWG
post Mar 13th 2014, 5:44 PM
Post #23149

lol @ Decker leaving Peyton for the Jets. Sure, you get to be the #1 receiver there, but who is going to be throwing you the ball? $50 million guaranteed at 26 must be nice.

Sad the Seahawks lost Golden Tate to free-agency. I thought he might take the cut to stay. But with the way the team's structured financially, I was prepared for some goodbyes this spring.

--------------------
There are an awful lot of bubble reputations floating around that one wouldn't be doing one's job if one didn't itch to prick.

+Quote Post
kristie
post Mar 23rd 2014, 2:17 AM
Post #23150

QUOTE(ShortstopVM @ Mar 12th 2014, 11:58 PM) *

Eric Decker is on his way to That Green Team... IPB Image

thumbdown.gif thumbdown.gif thumbdown.gif thumbdown.gif thumbdown.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ButterflyEffect
post Mar 23rd 2014, 1:33 PM
Post #23151

QUOTE(RWG @ Mar 13th 2014, 6:44 PM) *

lol @ Decker leaving Peyton for the Jets. Sure, you get to be the #1 receiver there, but who is going to be throwing you the ball? $50 million guaranteed at 26 must be nice.

Looks like Michael Vick will be that guy for as long as he can stay healthy grin.gif This gets me unbelievably happy!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ShortstopVM
post Mar 23rd 2014, 1:53 PM
Post #23152

Fav. SYTYCD5: Karla Garcia
Fav. SYTYCD7: Lauren Froderman
Fav. MLB: New York Mets

QUOTE(ButterflyEffect @ Mar 23rd 2014, 2:33 PM) *
Looks like Michael Vick will be that guy for as long as he can stay healthy grin.gif This gets me unbelievably happy!

I can see why they signed Vick - he does play a style similar to that of Geno. yes.gif

That being said, I don't hate Vick, but I can't be a fan of his now that he plays for the Jets. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
(Thank you to o0itzAnGiE and to Stacey for the blinkies!)
#ZachingForever | IPB Image I support KARLA always! | IPB Image | LET'S GO METS
+Quote Post
Niki
post Apr 20th 2014, 8:44 PM
Post #23153

Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Alex Preston

QUOTE(ShortstopVM @ Mar 23rd 2014, 2:53 PM) *

I can see why they signed Vick - he does play a style similar to that of Geno. yes.gif

That being said, I don't hate Vick, but I can't be a fan of his now that he plays for the Jets. tongue.gif

I hate Vick.. because of what he did to those dogs. crying.gif bloated.gif thumbdown.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
AI13: Alex.Jessica.Caleb.Jena.Sam.Emily.Kristen.Jillian.Kenz.Austin.Spencer. *Sig-Diana*
TV6:Grimmie.Morgan.Megan.Madilyn.D&H.Clarissa.Ria.Jake.Bria.Sam.A&M. // TAR24: D&C.B&R.J&J.M&J.N&N.
S28: Spencer.Sara.Trish.Morgan.LJ.Tasha. // HK: Melanie.Scott.Jessica. // GO Bruins & Red Sox!

+Quote Post
RWG
post Apr 21st 2014, 1:28 AM
Post #23154

QUOTE(Niki @ Apr 20th 2014, 6:44 PM) *

I hate Vick.. because of what he did to those dogs. crying.gif bloated.gif thumbdown.gif

Thank you. Regardless of what amends he's made on the field, the man's a psychopath. Between him, Ray Lewis and Roethlesberger, the NFL's memory seems way too short these days. wacko.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kristie
post Apr 21st 2014, 2:35 AM
Post #23155

QUOTE(Niki @ Apr 20th 2014, 9:44 PM) *

same here. angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
RWG
post Apr 21st 2014, 5:25 PM
Post #23156

The new home of the 49ers:

IPB Image

I like the slow slope of the rafters but the corporate boxes piled on top of each other really dominate the whole feel of it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kristie
post Today, 12:23 AM
Post #23157

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

1158 Pages V « < 1156 1157 1158
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 24th 2014, 6:16 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol