Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nigel is in denial that the show is over after Season 9..
mrduckbear
post Jan 12th 2012, 8:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

I think it's pretty obvious now that the show is cancelled after Season 9 since it's now cutting back to one episode per week. when something is cancelled, that is never a good sign, aka the results show.

When you cram everything into one episode, there's obviously budget cuts.

Even though he writes he's excited about the change and has tons of new ideas but exactly what ideas can you incorporate in a 2 hour format?

either you have to cut back a top 20 to top 16 or cut back the talking to incorporate anything new.

They say this will make the show better but let's face it, it's going back to Season 1 format. when you roll back to it's original format in the first season no less, it's not a good sign for the show after this season is over. There's no more special guests or performers that's for sure.

Once the US show is gone though, it probably doesn't bode well for international countries either..it usually follows the trend of lower viewership..2 English Speaking versions are already gone, UK is not too long to follow but i bet even their 3rd series format is gonna be run short. then sytycd as we know it will be gone crying.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 12th 2012, 8:58 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

poopooface
post Jan 12th 2012, 9:37 PM
Post #2

I hope not.

Out of curiosity, what was the S1 format for eliminations?

--------------------
+Quote Post
jstxanothrxstory
post Jan 12th 2012, 10:41 PM
Post #3

Fav. SYTYCD9: Witney Carson
Fav. SYTYCD10: Nico Greetham
Fav. SYTYCD11: Teddy Coffey

So if the show manages to double its viewers for a ninth season, still think it'd be over? Let's not jump to conclusions before the official word is out. original.gif

QUOTE(poopooface @ Jan 12th 2012, 9:37 PM) *
Out of curiosity, what was the S1 format for eliminations?
There was only one show a week. The judges chose the bottom three and America voted who to save. The guy and the girl with the lowest of number of each votes was announced at the start of the next show (this was all pre-recorded in advance, and just edited into the next show).

--------------------
I ♥ Andrew. ◄◄ Last.fm. Twitter. Lee-DeWyze.net. It Element 4.
IPB Image
S:SJDS: Jon. Reed. Jaclyn. Natalie. ◄◄ DWTS19: Janel/Val. Alfonso/Witney. Lea/Artem.
+Quote Post
cakers
post Jan 13th 2012, 2:15 AM
Post #4

Fav. SYTYCD10: Nico Greetham
Fav. SYTYCDA3: Jessie Hesketh
Fav. All-time SYTYCDer: Billy Bell

I don't think it's as good as dead. At one point, FOX had enough hope for it to move to to a fall spot - which we've learned was a bad idea, but not even for that reason. Season 6 was hurt by the INCREDIBLY long audition format (almost 2 months) and then the gaps from sports events - THAT'S what hindered it (along with the new stage, the absence of Mia and Wade - which people have now gotten used to - and some very so-so performance and results nights).

In being a summer show, there's not TOO much competition, which is a good thing. Cutting it back to 1 night a week will save them money and it may turn out to be a profitable move for them. And wouldn't we rather have a show - albeit truncated from what we're used to - than no show at all?

--------------------
***Officially taking requests for HD Season 9 dances! Tell me here and I'll upload them***
Official SYTYCD Season 8 Video Thread - FULL season, incl whole packages + performances
High-Definition SYTYCD8 Tour Videos - AMAZING tour, completely new and innovative
Official SYTYCD Season 7 Video Thread - FULL season, incl whole packages + performances
High-Definition SYTYCD7 Tour Videos - THE most watched YouTube vids of any SYTYCD tour!
SYTYCD9: I honestly hardly remember anyone
SYTYCD8: Miranda Maleski :'( Ricky Jaime Jess LeProtto
SYTYCD7: Billy Bell Kent Boyd Lauren Froderman
SYTYCD All-Stars: Allison Holker Kathryn McCormick Jaimie Goodwin

My deviantART: Cassidy Knight Photography instagram: cakphoto
+Quote Post
Shephard
post Jan 17th 2012, 5:03 PM
Post #5

Team Athiesm

That would be sad:'( . What would I do in with my free time in the summers without SYTYCD? It feels like all of my shows are in danger of getting cancelled. Let's just hope the best and viewership turns up somehow. The new format might be a blessing in disguise.

--------------------
the young wolf
+Quote Post
elefant1
post Mar 26th 2012, 1:36 AM
Post #6

Cutting down to one show is concerning, but I am hopeful that the show will be around for many more years.

--------------------
+Quote Post
sweet_sensation
post Jun 8th 2012, 10:44 PM
Post #7

Fav. SYTYCD: Chelsie & Caitlynn!

wait what.. so there's gonna be no results show? lame sad.gif

--------------------
SYTYCD SEASON 11 FAVES:
Bridget, Carly, Ricky, Emilo etc

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Skippy
post Jun 9th 2012, 3:58 AM
Post #8

The results show is unnecessary filler and streamlining the show will only help increase casual viewership with each week giving a complete and fully rewarding episode. Sitting through an hour of recap just to see a group dance, 6 solos and some baseless manipulation is stupid and alienates people that just watch the show to see the talent. Results shows have always been unnecessary and I think that moving beyond them is a good thing. Not a sign of failure.

--------------------
IPB Image,IPB Image,IPB Image,IPB Image,IPB Image
SYTYCD9- Alexa, Amber, Daniel, George Cole, (Cyrus)
+Quote Post
cLaYcRaZy919
post Jun 10th 2012, 2:39 AM
Post #9

Look at the shows they canceled the results show to fit in: The Choice? Come on. It is my hope that this won't be the last season; that would be incredibly sad. crying.gif

As a dancer myself, I know how much this show has done for the dance world. I just...idk, I can't imagine it ending any time soon. I'm sure if it did, some other dance show like it would come around. Think of all the choreographers that have become so well known because of this show, and all of the dancers who have major careers now because of SYTYCD. I just really hope this isn't the end.

This post has been edited by cLaYcRaZy919: Jun 10th 2012, 2:40 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
chuky922
post Jun 20th 2012, 9:51 PM
Post #10

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI6: Melinda Doolittle
Fav. sytycd - pasha allison melody

QUOTE(mrduckbear @ Jan 12th 2012, 9:58 PM) *

I think it's pretty obvious now that the show is cancelled after Season 9 since it's now cutting back to one episode per week. when something is cancelled, that is never a good sign, aka the results show.

When you cram everything into one episode, there's obviously budget cuts.

Even though he writes he's excited about the change and has tons of new ideas but exactly what ideas can you incorporate in a 2 hour format?

either you have to cut back a top 20 to top 16 or cut back the talking to incorporate anything new.

They say this will make the show better but let's face it, it's going back to Season 1 format. when you roll back to it's original format in the first season no less, it's not a good sign for the show after this season is over. There's no more special guests or performers that's for sure.

Once the US show is gone though, it probably doesn't bode well for international countries either..it usually follows the trend of lower viewership..2 English Speaking versions are already gone, UK is not too long to follow but i bet even their 3rd series format is gonna be run short. then sytycd as we know it will be gone crying.gif

i doubt it its there number one rated summer show so its not gonna be cut .. ratings is what matters for you to get another season

--------------------
sytycd season 4 top 10 - kourtni marquis courtney william chelsie matt chelsea thayne comfort gev
+Quote Post
cannotsing33
post Jun 20th 2012, 10:03 PM
Post #11

Sure the show has lower ratings than previous seasons but according to TVbythenumbers, SYTYCD is still the highest rated show during Wednesday. Although I don't know if that is enough to keep it on the air.

I think I'm ready to let go of SYTYCD and wouldn't mind a new dancing show that caters to other dance style (Ballroom has DWTS). Maybe an exclusively contemporary dance show? (Even though I wouldn't watch that). Nigel still has American Idol which is as strong as ever. I don't think he will be crying over the cancellation of SYTYCD.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 31st 2014, 12:27 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol