Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

58 Pages V « < 18 19 20 21 22 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jordin to be in Sparkle movie with Whitney Houston
jdanton2
post Feb 27th 2012, 5:05 PM
Post #381

Group: Members

Fav. AI3: LaToya London
Fav. AI4: Nadia Turner
Fav. S5Lisa Tucker S6:Jordin Sparks

there have been rumors before and now another one that they are moving up the date though since the trailer will not be out till April it might not be true . unsure.gif

edit ; actually they might not mean they are moving up the date though just getting it finished faster. unsure.gif

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/27/whitney-hous...e/#.T0v9qPWtaSo

2/27/2012 10:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Whitney's Final Movie Preemptive Strike to Prevent Leak

0220_whitney_EX_01
Whitney Houston's final movie is on lockdown ... over fears that people will leak Whitney's scenes and music ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected to the production tell us ... the people working on "Sparkle" -- starring Whitney and Jordin Sparks -- are working "around the clock" to finish post-production work on the movie as quickly as possible.

We're told the building where the film is being edited is also under tight watch -- with ramped up security in the hopes of preemptively clogging a leak.

So far, no comment from Sony.

This post has been edited by jdanton2: Feb 27th 2012, 5:27 PM

--------------------
Favorite Season 7 Syesha Mercado-Season 8 Anoop Desai- Season 9 Siobhan Magnus-Season 10 Pia Toscano-Season 11 Jessica Sanchez-Season 12 Candice Glover-Season 13 Malaya Watson

X Factor Season 1 Melanie Amaro- Season 2 Fifth Harmony
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 27th 2012, 5:05 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

jdanton2
post Feb 29th 2012, 5:43 PM
Post #382

it seems the Whitney bio pic might not be true. unsure.gif

http://www.eurweb.com/2012/02/clive-davis-...biopic-reports/

Clive Davis Denies Whitney Biopic Reports
February 29, 2012 1 Comment

*Clive Davis has denied reports that he’s producing a biopic on the late Whitney Houston.

It was reported this week that the music mogul was hoping to pay tribute to his protege by making a big-screen adaptation of her life “as soon as possible.”

Rihanna, Jennifer Hudson, Vivica A Fox and Jordin Sparks were said to be in the running to play Houston, while Willow Smith had apparently been approached to portray her as a child.

However, a representative for Davis has since denied that any movie is being developed.

“There is no truth to this,” the spokesperson said, according to WENN. “Clive is not putting together a biopic.”

--------------------
Favorite Season 7 Syesha Mercado-Season 8 Anoop Desai- Season 9 Siobhan Magnus-Season 10 Pia Toscano-Season 11 Jessica Sanchez-Season 12 Candice Glover-Season 13 Malaya Watson

+Quote Post
jordinbsparks
post Feb 29th 2012, 6:30 PM
Post #383

QUOTE(jdanton2 @ Feb 29th 2012, 5:43 PM) *

it seems the Whitney bio pic might not be true. unsure.gif
http://www.eurweb.com/2012/02/clive-davis-...biopic-reports/
Clive Davis Denies Whitney Biopic Reports
February 29, 2012 1 Comment

*Clive Davis has denied reports that he’s producing a biopic on the late Whitney Houston.

It was reported this week that the music mogul was hoping to pay tribute to his protege by making a big-screen adaptation of her life “as soon as possible.”

Rihanna, Jennifer Hudson, Vivica A Fox and Jordin Sparks were said to be in the running to play Houston, while Willow Smith had apparently been approached to portray her as a child.

However, a representative for Davis has since denied that any movie is being developed.

“There is no truth to this,” the spokesperson said, according to WENN. “Clive is not putting together a biopic.”

good,it's a bad idea thumbdown.gif

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Feb 29th 2012, 10:17 PM
Post #384

another good article from B.E.T.

http://www.bet.com/news/celebrities/2012/0...ey-houston.html

The Akils, Debra Martin Chase on Sparkle and Whitney Houston

The husband-and-wife team plus Houston’s producing partner talk with BET.com about the queen of pop’s final movie.

By Ronke Idowu Reeves
Posted: 02/29/2012 05:20 AM EST
Filed Under Salim Akil, Celebrity R.I.P., Film, Aaliyah, Mara Brock Akil, Hollywood, Jordin Sparks, Black Hollywood, Whitney Houston, sparkle

Salim Akil, Film, Celebrity R.I.P., Mara Brock Akil, Aaliyah, Hollywood, Jordin Sparks, Whitney Houston, Black Hollywood

Since Whitney Houston’s sudden and shocking death three weeks ago, her fans have been clamoring for all things — music, videos and movies — related to the pop diva. And producer Debra Martin Chase, writer Mara Brock Akil and director Salim Akil, the creative trio that worked with Houston on her final film project Sparkle, have emerged as partial and de facto gatekeepers of Houston’s legacy. The trio talked to BET.com about the movie’s second long road to the big screen and the pop icon’s unforgettable performance in the film — the story of a family of sisters who encounter heartache on their road to stardom.

“It was all Whitney’s idea. She was like, 'What about remaking Sparkle?' We were both like, 'That is a brilliant idea!'” recalls Chase. “We brought the idea to Warner Bros., because we were developing it for Aaliyah. And, at the time of her unfortunate death, we had a greenlight for the project. So then it sat on the shelf for 12 years," she says. "But a couple of years ago, I had dinner with an executive from Sony who loved Sparkle who was like, ‘Let’s try to finally get this done.’”

After the project was greenlit into a second life, the idea arrived on the desks of husband-and-wife directing and writing team Mara Brock Akil and Salim Akil. But the duo behind such popular TV and film fare as Girlfriends, The Game and Jumping The Broom admit they initially had reservations about tackling such legendary cinematic territory.

“I said 'no' at first,” says Salim about when he was first approached to direct a new version of the 70s classic. “I’m not going to get lynched by Black people. Black people love that [original] Sparkle," he laughs. "But then I started to think about it and I said, ‘A lot of young ladies don’t know the movie.’ It was a chance to introduce this story to a younger generation and hopefully add in some things to make it even more beautiful.”

Equally daunted by the task, wife Mara was also concerned about losing her hip reputation as one of TV’s most popular show creators. “I was like, 'Gosh I can’t.' I’m doing okay right now. People think I’m kind of cool. If I mess this up, I can go back to the back of the line,” she says. “But writing Sparkle was a magical journey for me.”

Over a decade later into the project, with changing times and new young pop stars in vogue, the production also had to find a new leading lady. "There’s magic in moviemaking and when the stars align everything falls into place," says Chase. "And as fabulous as Aaliyah would have been, Jordin Sparks is incredible, she makes the world her own and it’s a brilliant movie debut."

And despite the various challenges of bringing the new Sparkle to the big screen, both Chase and Salim admit what will resonate most among Houston fans is the pop legend's stunning portrayal as the film’s matriarch, Emma.

“People are going to be amazed in the most positive ways about Whitney’s performance, she was on a whole other level," says Chase who, in addition to Sparkle, also produced The Princess Diaries and The Cheetah Girls franchises with Houston. "She loved every minute of making this movie. Whitney was pure joy [on film.]”

Echoing the same sentiment about working with the icon, “It was a wonderful experience all around. Whitney, everybody brought their A-game," says Salim. "That’s what I asked for and that’s what I got. And I think everybody will be really happy.”

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr.JordinSparks
post Mar 1st 2012, 12:00 AM
Post #385

Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez
Fav. XF: Rebecca F & Little Mix

There will definitely be a Whitney biopic someday, maybe not soon but its bound to happen.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Mar 1st 2012, 2:44 PM
Post #386

an interview from Whitney done before she died talks about working with R Kelly who wrote the Jordin and Whitney duet Celebrate for the Sparkle movie .

http://globalgrind.com/entertainment/whitn...-photos-details

Whitney's Loving Tribute To Robert (Kelly)...
Posted 22 hours 31 min ago by BlogXilla for Global Grind Staff
Previous Photo1 / 15Next Photo

Whitney Houston, circa 1991, photographed in 90s fashion, ripped jeans and all. This is a PR photo.

Whitney Houston has new music coming and word on the streets is, it's some of her best stuff yet. The late icon's new movie Sparkle features a few tracks from Whitney, written and produced by R. Kelly himself.

In an exclusive interview with Whitney before she passed, we asked about what it was like working with R. Kelly and she set us straight - it's Robert to Miss Houston!

Check out our exclusive below!

Can you talk a little bit about working with R. Kelly on the soundtrack and developing new material? What do you bring out of each other? What do you like working with him on?

I call him Robert. Let's get that straight. He wrote a song for me about 12, 13 years ago that he’d been trying to get to me for years, which was called “I Look To You." I finally got the song. I heard it back then, but we passed on it. But he kept on it. The timing was correct for that particular song in my life at the time. I traveled up and down that Chicago highway a few times to his house. He is the kind of musician … the kind of person, whom you could stand there and say 'This is how I feel' and he will stand there and write a song within five minutes. He’s that incredible. I have to give him props where props are due. He has an anointing on him that’s powerful. I witnessed it myself. I watched him and we’ve had our share of words and I would win. But he is like my brother … he’s like a brother to me. We talk about life, and things that happen in life, our triumphs and our survival of it. And that makes a good song for anyone to sing, or anyone to write. I am extremely proud and very grateful he is apart of this project.

Looking back on the first time you experienced Sparkle, there must have been themes that resonated within you. Can you describe what those were now that you're knee deep into the material?

It’s crossing the boundaries; it’s crossing the barriers. It's breaking down walls that are left, tearing them down. It’s presenting African Americans in a beautiful light. Everybody on camera is just beautiful. We’re smart, and we’re educated and we’re dealing with a time of civil unrest. It’s the year Dr. King was assassinated. We had drama. All of that feeling was all up in there. Raising children at that time, as a single parent must have been …truly had its tasks. That’s why we put church in it because it is a foundation, in my life I know. I think anybody that was raised in church will understand what I’m talking about, the gospel word. That’s exciting to add more stuff in there, makes it international. Everybody will able to feel it. The songs, the music and Jordin (Sparks) is just spectacular.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jordinbsparks
post Mar 2nd 2012, 3:29 PM
Post #387

Video: Former student acted in Whitney Houston's last film, 'Sparkle'

Former Horned Frog Sarah Henson did not expect that her first film would coincidentally be Whitney Houston’s last.

Henson was cast in a remake of “Sparkle,” a film produced by her father, New York Times best-selling author Bishop T.D. Jakes.

“I don’t think anybody on set really could’ve imagined that would be her last film,” she said. “Everyone from the biggest stars to the people who were helping with the food carts every evening had been touched by her spirit.”

Houston, who also helped produced the film, passed away Feb. 11. “Sparkle” was said to have been intended to launch Houston’s comeback, Henson said.

Despite Houston’s death, Henson said she felt thankful for the experience and the opportunity to work alongside stars like Houston.

“It was such an amazing experience being there with Jordin Sparks, Derek Luke, and of course the late, great, Whitney Houston,” she said.

Henson, who was a broadcast journalism major during her two years at TCU, said she never thought she would have the opportunity to have a role in such a big film.

“I thought that I wanted to be an actress,” she said. “I thought that I would try everything and at least see if I liked it.”

And she did.

Henson said she plays a mean girl in “Sparkle”, who heckles Sparks as she sings on stage for the first time.

In addition to her movie appearance in “Sparkle”, Henson also helps host her father’s televised show, “The Potter’s Touch” and is working on an upcoming book.

Henson said she is grateful for all she has learned at TCU.

“Being there helped me see that with a good education, a good family and motivation, you can literally do anything you put your mind to,” she said. “I’m thankful being a part of that TCU history helped me see that you can be the underdog, but you can still win.”

Henson wasn’t the only one in her family that was a part of TCU history. Her husband, Robert Henson, was a standout linebacker for the university and was drafted by the Washington Redskins after graduating in 2009.

He said he, too, credits TCU for shaping him into the man he is today.

“To put it plain and simple, I think TCU grew me up,” he said. “Held me accountable for what I was doing on and off the field. The university challenged me to be a better person.”

Robert was released from the Redskins last year after suffering a season-ending knee surgery and if he is not picked up by another NFL team, he said he plans to put his criminal justice degree to use.

“Sparkle” is currently in post-production and is scheduled to make its way to the big screen in mid-August.

The remake was said to be tailor-made for Houston and seemed to have parallels to her real life, Henson said.

http://www.tcu360.com/community/2012/03/14...st-film-sparkle

"Henson said she plays a mean girl in “Sparkle”, who heckles Sparks as she sings on stage for the first time."--->the new movie is going to be different from the first,i love it. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Mar 2nd 2012, 4:31 PM
Post #388

Jordin gets heckled in the film? shocked.gif angry.gif . i hope she takes it well. noexpression.gif

next week Whitney songs will be performed by the girls on Idol . so hopefully the Sparkle film will be mentioned as well since Jordin is in it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Mar 2nd 2012, 7:32 PM
Post #389

Whitney will be on the cover of the April Essence Magazine which messages from family and friends including Jordin. flowers.gif

http://www.ontherecordmagazine.com/?p=10239

Photo: Whitney Houston On The Cover Of Essence

whitney houston essence Photo: Whitney Houston On The Cover Of Essence

Essence is honoring to the late and legendary Whitney Houston by putting her on the April issue of the magazine.

Whitney’s sudden passing at the age of 48 both shocked and saddened the world. To commemorate her life, Essence will feature 16 pages worth of pictures and messages from her family and friends like Dionne Warwick, Terry McMillan, Jordin Sparks and Debra Martin Chase.

The cover uses a photo of Whitney from around the time she shot her famous film The Bodyguard in 1990.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Mar 4th 2012, 8:13 AM
Post #390

interesting story about one of the stars of the film Mike Epps . he plays the bad guy in the movie but seemed nice in real life though if you listen to the recording at the link he might not be. unsure.gif it seems his daughter set him up relating her college tuition and might have edited the recording to make him sound worse than it was . by the way a warning the language in the recording is quite vulgar. unsure.gif

http://www.tmz.com/2012/03/03/mike-epps-da...o4#.T1NqHvWtaSp

Mike Epps Sure We Fight But I 'Still Love' My Daughter

Mike Epps wants to clear the air after his daughter accused him of threatening to "f**k her up" -- telling TMZ, "I love my daughter, but sometimes father and daughter have disagreements."

TMZ broke the story ... Mike's 18-year-old daughter Bria filed a police report against him -- claiming he threatened to hurt her because she promised to "air some family drama" to the media.

According to Bria, the argument started after Mike's recent appearance on "The Wendy Williams Show" -- Bria's feelings were hurt because he only gave a shout out to two of his kids ... snubbing the rest, Bria included.

Sources close to Mike claim the argument started over school tuition -- Bria wanted Mike to pay her tuition to her in cash ... Mike insisted on paying the school directly.

But now, Mike wants to let bygones be bygones -- telling TMZ, "It's hard being a dad, especially a dad of a teenager ... I still love her though."

And if that wasn't clear enough, Mike looked right into our camera and said it again -- "I love you Bria."

This post has been edited by jdanton2: Mar 4th 2012, 8:17 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Mar 6th 2012, 4:51 AM
Post #391

a supposed look at the first movie poster . not sure how accurate this is since this is the site that had the article that Jordin said was not true about her upcoming album. i would guess they would include Whitney on them since alot of people would go see the movie because of her recent death. unsure.gif

http://www.dimp-zone.net/2012/03/first-loo...vie-poster.html

IPB Image

Tuesday, March 06, 2012
First Look: "Sparkle" Movie Poster
I've got your first look at a brand spanking new movie poster for the upcoming film "Sparkle" that premiered minutes ago. The movie stars Whitney Houston, Jordin Sparks, Tika Sumpter and more. Unfortunately, Houston isn't alive to see the finished product, but her co-stars and producers said that she was at her best while filming.

The movie is scheduled for an August 17th release, but may see a push up due to the untimely death of Whitney. Behind the scenes interviews have been released showing that Houston was more than ready to return to the spot light. But fans will have to wait to see her in full action. In the meantime, check out the newly released poster after the break.

I guess it's true, the producers are working around the clock to finish up the move.Word has it that the building where post-production is being done at is on lock down with tight security. Reason being is that no one wants the film to get boot-legged or leak anytime before the release of the project. They know that many people are dying to see Whitney take her final bow. I know I am, which is why I'm hoping the project gets released sooner than later. Any who..

This post has been edited by jdanton2: Mar 6th 2012, 4:59 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr.JordinSparks
post Mar 6th 2012, 1:40 PM
Post #392

Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez
Fav. XF: Rebecca F & Little Mix

That is definitely fan made laughing.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
jordinbsparks
post Mar 6th 2012, 3:05 PM
Post #393

QUOTE(Mr.JordinSparks @ Mar 6th 2012, 1:40 PM) *

That is definitely fan made laughing.gif

i think so too. Whitney HAS to be on the real one!

--------------------
+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Mar 6th 2012, 7:21 PM
Post #394

they should have one with the pic of Jordin and Whitney that was in the People article before she died.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kaiser081391
post Mar 6th 2012, 8:56 PM
Post #395

They should put Jordin and Whitney on the movie poster! grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Mar 8th 2012, 6:25 PM
Post #396

it looks like we will be hearing the song Celebrate in the film and soundtrack even though Whitney was not able to finish her part.

https://twitter.com/#!/WHFAN

whmusicfan ‏ @WHFAN
@HarveyMasonjr Mr.Harvey, there are so many speculations, but you are the man! Will we hear "Celebrate" you recorded with Whitney? Thanks!
10:50 AM - 8 Mar 12 via Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/#!/HarveyMasonjr

Harvey Mason, Jr. ‏ @HarveyMasonjr
@WHFAN Yes u will. I finished the song last week and they are preparing it for the film and soundtrack.
12:51 PM - 8 Mar 12 via Twitter for iPhone

This post has been edited by jdanton2: Mar 8th 2012, 6:24 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Mar 12th 2012, 11:22 AM
Post #397

Jordin talking about Whitney yesterday . video at the link as well. thumbsup.gif

http://www.etonline.com/news/119862_Sparks...During_Sparkle/

Sparks Describes Whitney Houston During 'Sparkle'
Disneys Dreamers Academy

By ROBERT PACE
March 12, 2012

Jordin Sparks has found herself in the news lately not for her music but due to her connection with the late Whitney Houston in the upcoming film Sparkle, which concluded filming three months prior to Houston's death.

As a celebrity guest at a Disney’s Dreamers Academy event this past weekend, Sparks reflected in detail about what it was like working with Houston on the set of Sparkle.

The 22-year-old singer recounted the experience as "the best thing ever" to have the privilege to be able to work with an idol like Houston whom she had grown up listening to.

Sparks also revealed that Houston made it her duty to mentor Sparks' during her movie debut just as Kevin Costner had done for her in her first film, The Bodyguard, when Houston was the same age as Sparks was during the filming of Sparkle.

Sparkle is set for release this summer.

This post has been edited by jdanton2: Mar 12th 2012, 11:43 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Mar 13th 2012, 3:11 PM
Post #398

from an interview with Whitney before her death that was just released.

http://www.singersroom.com/news/8052/Whitn...e#ixzz1p1j6IaNq

Whitney Houston Did Not See Sparkle As 'Comeback' Movie

Date: 2/16/2012 8:39:12 AM | Njai Joszor
Filed under: R&B News, Whitney Houston

1 Comments

Whitney Houston Despite the fact that critics and fans might have seen it as a comeback, the late Whitney Houston did not see the anticipated Sparkle remake as one.

In an interview conducted just weeks before her death, released this week, Houston discussed how she considered the movie more of "a gift" than anything else. In saying that, she also strikes down critics who have since said the movie and stress because of it might have led to her death.

"I don't think of it as a comeback. I don't think of it as a pressure," Houston told Coming Soon. "I think of it as a gift God gave me to contribute to a cast of people who are working as hard if not harder than I."

Houston not only portrays the mother of three girls, including Jordin Sparks as Sparkle, but holds an executive producer credit.

"I have two jobs and executive of the soundtrack. I've done it before. In my life it was not that I want to be an entertainer, it's in my family bloodline. I can't help it," said Houston. "It is something that God said this is what you do. To me it's not a comeback, it's innate, it's natural."

Sparkle will open in theaters August 17.

This post has been edited by jdanton2: Mar 13th 2012, 3:12 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
xBecca88x
post Mar 14th 2012, 2:44 AM
Post #399

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. :*:Jordin Sparks:*:

Im so excited, I heard that Jordin is recording songs for a Sparkle album, so we have that and a new Jordin album to look forward to! grin.gif

--------------------
~ Jordin fans subscribe! ~
http://www.youtube.com/user/xJordinSparksFan06x

Skipping a Beat <3 http://youtu.be/SsGQWUlt2So
IPB Image
Maybe we're friends, maybe we're more. Maybe its just my imagination..
+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Mar 14th 2012, 4:01 AM
Post #400

QUOTE(xBecca88x @ Mar 14th 2012, 3:44 AM) *

Im so excited, I heard that Jordin is recording songs for a Sparkle album, so we have that and a new Jordin album to look forward to! grin.gif

Jordin already recorded the songs for the soundtrack. i think they were all done before she shot the movie.

--------------------

+Quote Post

58 Pages V « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 23rd 2014, 5:17 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol