Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Megan @ Better than Ezra Foundation benefit, in New Orleans
Legey
post Mar 28th 2010, 11:37 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI7: Brooke White
Fav. AI8: Megan Corkrey
Fav. AI9: Crystal/Didi/Janell/Lilly

Megan and David Cook were @ the Better Than Ezra Foundation benefit, and they sang a couple songs.

From MJs:

Megan Joy also sang onstage with Better Than Ezra. She tweeted: “Mornin guys!! Layover in Dallas with @canchop! Next stop New Orleans!! About to sing!!! Ahhh back on stage…. Feels soooooo good. And uh…. Singing my own songs!? DREAMS COME TRUE.”

She sang 3 songs–First, her ftune with BTE, her self-penned Boy Next Door, and Black Horse and the Cherry Tree.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Mar 28th 2010, 11:37 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

homezfoo
post Mar 28th 2010, 6:24 PM
Post #2

Fav. AI9: Lacey Brown
Fav. Fav. AI8: Megan Joy

w00t.gif !!!!!! w00tbounce.gif OH MY GOD!!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Legey
post Mar 28th 2010, 8:48 PM
Post #3

Ppl uploaded on youtube better videos of David's songs, I hope we get some good videos from Megan's blarg.gif

Review:

yf7184:
I was there last night. (I took those twitvids of Megan’s songs.)

I wasn’t at the bowling so I cannot comment on that.

Before the show, people were checking out the silent auction, and taking advantage of the open bar and buffet. David and Monty were walking around checking out the auction items, and taking pictures with people. Megan was hanging out with girls, whom I am guessing were probably in her bowling team earlier that day.

Tyler Hilton opened the show, then Ryan Cabrera played. Ryan was very good. I’d pay money to see him again. The act right before BTE was a local pop-punk band called “The Vets.” The singer was dressed like Ke$ha complete with an indian headdress. Ugh. That was unfortunate because they were actually GOOD. In between the acts, they live-auctioned a bunch of stuff to benefit the BTE Foundation which is helping the Gulf Coast region rebuild after Katrina. An evening with the Saints on the season opening night (dinner for 2, tix for the 50 yard line, family tent pass, limo ride and party afterwards with the players) went for $3,500. The BTE private concert (they will come to your backyard) went for $32,500. I placed bids on some silent auction items but was handily outbid by local young professionals.

The audience was probably 40 % BTE fans (who know all the lyrics to all the songs) and 60 % local “young professionals” who’s got money to spend on the auction. It was half men and half women.

Coming out of the incredible football season, the whole show had lots of Saints references. David came out when they were auctioning off the Saints-edition golf carts (I forgot how much it went for) to help rally the crowd. EVERYONE on and off stage started singing “Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints” and poor David had no clue. LOL. He said “um. sorry. I’m from Kansas City.”

Finally, BTE came on stage and started their very interactive and entertaining show. After 3 or 4 songs, Kevin Griffin brought Megan Joy out on stage. She sounded GREAT, and she commanded the stage really well. Her voice carried well over the loud guitar and super powerful drums. The crowd LOVED her.

Then BTE did some more songs, a few things were auctioned off, then David came on. He sang Absolutely Still with Kevin and the band. For Avalanche, Monty took over the base from BTE’s bassist. David sounded amazing, but he always does. Then everyone except for David left the stage and he did Living on a Prayer. The entire audience sang along. This was really nice – the crowd is not David’s typical audience. It was 50 % men, lots of older men and women who are there to support the cause rather than to see a rock show. It was an open bar event so there were lots of jolly drunk people.

BTE ended the show with great energy. They really DO put on a great show.

After the show was over, people were still milling around to check on the silent auction and stuff. As my friend and I made our way toward the door, we ran into Monty and David. My friend thanked David for coming to New Orleans for the cause and told him that it really means a lot to us. He spontaneously gave her a hug and told us to drive home safely. What a seriously nice guy. She told him to have a safe trip to Africa, then he said he doesn’t have to drive so he was going to party some more.

And a Pic

This post has been edited by Legey: Mar 28th 2010, 8:53 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
bieusinh92
post Mar 28th 2010, 9:57 PM
Post #4

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AI11: Heejun Han

w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif

here's a closer video from YouTube:

hopefully this user uploads the other 2 songs original.gif

This post has been edited by bieusinh92: Mar 28th 2010, 9:59 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Legey
post Mar 29th 2010, 12:16 AM
Post #5

^ You win at life! Thanks a lot grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Mar 29th 2010, 11:44 AM
Post #6

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI5: Kellie Pickler
Fav. Fav. AI7: Carly Smithson

Are you sure those are the only songs she sang? In the Boy Next Door video, she said "This is another one of my original songs" as if she sang one before that. She sounds great, well from what I can tell off of that video lol

--------------------
IPB Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Legey
post Mar 29th 2010, 12:21 PM
Post #7

^ Yes, she sang...

The 3 songs...

The first Original song (called 'Trouble Me'), Boy Next Door and BHatCT

Today i tweeted her asking the name of the song, and if she will release them on FaceBook/MySpace... A few minutes later she tweeeted this.

And she answered some questions, and then she had to go... If Kevin allows her to post the song, I hope she post it tonight *-*

This post has been edited by Legey: Mar 29th 2010, 12:41 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Mar 30th 2010, 12:18 AM
Post #8

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI5: Kellie Pickler
Fav. Fav. AI7: Carly Smithson

QUOTE(Legey @ Mar 29th 2010, 12:21 PM) *

^ Yes, she sang...

The 3 songs...

The first Original song (called 'Trouble Me'), Boy Next Door and BHatCT
Today i tweeted her asking the name of the song, and if she will release them on FaceBook/MySpace... A few minutes later she tweeeted this.

And she answered some questions, and then she had to go... If Kevin allows her to post the song, I hope she post it tonight *-*

Oh ok, I didn't realize that this was an original. That makes sense then original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Nov 28th 2014, 7:11 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol