Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I want to do American Idol/X-Factor, I'd love some feedback!
aifanatic100
post Mar 27th 2011, 5:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI5: Kellie Pickler
Fav. Fav. AI7: Carly Smithson

I tried out for American Idol in season 9 and didn't make it, tried out online for season 10 and never heard anything back.

I've considered trying out for X-Factor, but now the audition date is getting so close that I most likely won't be doing it this year. But there is definitely potential for me to do it in future seasons (because I'm sure it'll have more than one). I'd also like to try out again for Idol if it continues after this season yes.gif But my biggest issue is song choice, I can never decide what to sing for auditions sad.gif I think that was the downfall of my Idol audition to be honest.

I post videos on youtube of myself singing (and sometimes playing guitar). Here's my newest video, covering "I'm The Only One" by Melissa Etheridge (yes, it is a male cover, and no I'm not gay, I just like singing songs by female vocalists a lot of the time. Just getting that out there now). I'd love to know what you guys think!

And if you want to see more, my youtube channel is: http://www.youtube.com/DWSMusic93

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Mar 27th 2011, 5:23 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

BettyGirl29
post Apr 12th 2011, 12:46 PM
Post #2

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. AI7: David Cook

Aw no one commented yet? Then I will! flowers.gif

You're pretty good! Have you done any vocal training? I don't mean that in a negative way...I really do think you are talented, and i think voice lessons would help you get better. =) Keep trying out, and I think you could make it one day! You've got more guts than I do...I won't even sing in the shower, haha.gif

Nice job! huggy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
JORDAN_FAN
post Apr 16th 2011, 10:19 AM
Post #3

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AJ:JordanMcCoy AI3:JohnStevens

^^I agree. yes.gif

Great job! I auditioned in S9 also and S10 online. huggy.gif Where did you audition for S9?

--------------------
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Apr 16th 2011, 6:51 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(BettyGirl29 @ Apr 12th 2011, 1:46 PM) *

Aw no one commented yet? Then I will! flowers.gif

You're pretty good! Have you done any vocal training? I don't mean that in a negative way...I really do think you are talented, and i think voice lessons would help you get better. =) Keep trying out, and I think you could make it one day! You've got more guts than I do...I won't even sing in the shower, haha.gif

Nice job! huggy.gif

Thank you! grin.gif I was really excited to see a couple replies haha.gif I haven't done any professional vocal training. I am in choir, so occasionally I have some one on one time with my instructor, but I've never had any type of paid lessons or contemporary work for that matter, everything for choir is very classical oriented ya know? I'm definitely going to keep trying out, I regret not trying out for X Factor this year, just because it's one of those "what if I had?" scenarios, but I know they'll have a season 2 so I'm not too worried about it haha.gif

QUOTE(JORDAN_FAN @ Apr 16th 2011, 11:19 AM) *

^^I agree. yes.gif

Great job! I auditioned in S9 also and S10 online. huggy.gif Where did you audition for S9?

Thanks original.gif I auditioned in Orlando for Season 9. Where did you go?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
BettyGirl29
post May 2nd 2011, 4:18 PM
Post #5

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. AI7: David Cook

QUOTE(aifanatic100 @ Apr 16th 2011, 7:51 PM) *

Thank you! grin.gif I was really excited to see a couple replies haha.gif I haven't done any professional vocal training. I am in choir, so occasionally I have some one on one time with my instructor, but I've never had any type of paid lessons or contemporary work for that matter, everything for choir is very classical oriented ya know? I'm definitely going to keep trying out, I regret not trying out for X Factor this year, just because it's one of those "what if I had?" scenarios, but I know they'll have a season 2 so I'm not too worried about it haha.gif

heart.gif huggy.gif Keep at it!!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post May 30th 2011, 8:57 PM
Post #6

New video posted, this one was mostly for fun haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
AIFan100
post May 31st 2011, 11:18 PM
Post #7

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. food: Liverwurst

Tough song to sing, but you pulled it off. yes.gif

--------------------
QUOTE(SillyGooseMeat @ May 23rd 2011, 12:02 AM) *

it doesn't matter who wins to be honest.. they [Scotty and Lauren] are both the three H's... Hot,Humble, and Halarious.. oh and also sexy.. No doubt in my mind they will be the best finale in AI history.. I will be voting for both of them all 4 hours to drastically increase the overall vote totals..
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post May 31st 2011, 11:37 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(AIFan100 @ Jun 1st 2011, 12:18 AM) *

Tough song to sing, but you pulled it off. yes.gif

Thanks so much! grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Jun 14th 2011, 4:40 PM
Post #9

Just an update for anyone who's interested. I auditioned for X Factor on youtube, and I'm registered to try out for "The Voice" next season grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
katharinekatkat
post Jun 15th 2011, 6:26 PM
Post #10

Fav. AI 10: Haley Reinhart

Wow, you have a very unique tone! shocked.gif I love that you seem to have a REALLY great sense of pitch...you seem to be one of those singers who don't even have to think of the notes...you just hit them! yes.gif I also love that you have a lot of power behind your vocals...and a lot of emotion/passion. thumbsup.gif

If I could give you one piece of advise that could propel you to the next level, it would be that you need to incorporate a few more subtleties to your vocals. Your the type of singer I would consider "rough around the edges". This just means that you start and end a note rather abruptly...and the struggle is to try to smoothen them out. Add some kind of subtle run or simply just end your notes a bit more gradually...and it makes a TON of difference! yes.gif Add little "special" moments (vocally) to your performances instead of simply singing the melody cleanly...it makes the songs more your own...and it adds so much to a performance. heart.gif

Also, I'd like for you to try and push yourself a little bit range-wise...I'd love for you to just try and hit some high notes...notes that are out of your comfort zone...try it by yourself before recording...and then post something here with some difficult notes! flowers.gif I've come to find singers often don't know their own talent...you really have to challenge yourself to make yourself better!

Overall, you definitely have potential...and you are a very good singer. flowers.gif Just have to work on some of the things I mentioned in this post...and you'll become great! huggy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Jun 15th 2011, 6:43 PM
Post #11

Thanks for such an elaborate critique! grin.gif It was nice to get some real constructive feedback from somebody. I definitely get what you are saying. I'll definitely try to consider those pointers in the future. yes.gif Thanks!

I have a question. I'm auditioning for The Voice in a couple months, do you think I have a decent chance? It relies solely on The Voice, performance and image have nothing to do with the first audition. And also, do you have any artist or song suggestions that you think would be good for me? I'm working on trying to find the song now so I can polish it yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
katharinekatkat
post Jun 15th 2011, 10:00 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(aifanatic100 @ Jun 15th 2011, 7:43 PM) *

Thanks for such an elaborate critique! grin.gif It was nice to get some real constructive feedback from somebody. I definitely get what you are saying. I'll definitely try to consider those pointers in the future. yes.gif Thanks!

I have a question. I'm auditioning for The Voice in a couple months, do you think I have a decent chance? It relies solely on The Voice, performance and image have nothing to do with the first audition. And also, do you have any artist or song suggestions that you think would be good for me? I'm working on trying to find the song now so I can polish it yes.gif

I think you should try something a bit more classical (not really "classical", but you'll see what I mean by the songs I'll suggest)...just because that'll really showcase the strong points that you have vocally and it'll really force you to find the subtleties in your voice! Hmmm let's see...maybe something like "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me" or "You Raise Me Up" or "Solitaire" or "Bridge Over Troubled Water". flowers.gif

I see you kind've in the Clay Aiken sorta way for some reason. laughing.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Jun 15th 2011, 10:38 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(katharinekatkat @ Jun 15th 2011, 11:00 PM) *

I think you should try something a bit more classical (not really "classical", but you'll see what I mean by the songs I'll suggest)...just because that'll really showcase the strong points that you have vocally and it'll really force you to find the subtleties in your voice! Hmmm let's see...maybe something like "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me" or "You Raise Me Up" or "Solitaire" or "Bridge Over Troubled Water". flowers.gif

I see you kind've in the Clay Aiken sorta way for some reason. laughing.gif

Interesting...haha.gif I've never seen the Clay Aiken thing before, or gotten it from other people for that matter. But I can kind of see where you're coming from with those songs. I was in choir at my school, so I am used to singing those more classical types of pieces when called for, so that could potentially work yes.gif I'm hesitant to use one in an audition though because it doesn't represent who I am musically though. I don't want to really portray myself as this ballad guy like Clay or David Archuleta or someone like that from the get-go ya know?

Idk, one part of me says yes I need to do something like that to impress vocally, but another part of me is saying no I need to show them who I want to be as an artist. Audition selections are super difficult for me haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
katharinekatkat
post Jun 15th 2011, 11:06 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(aifanatic100 @ Jun 15th 2011, 11:38 PM) *

Interesting...haha.gif I've never seen the Clay Aiken thing before, or gotten it from other people for that matter. But I can kind of see where you're coming from with those songs. I was in choir at my school, so I am used to singing those more classical types of pieces when called for, so that could potentially work yes.gif I'm hesitant to use one in an audition though because it doesn't represent who I am musically though. I don't want to really portray myself as this ballad guy like Clay or David Archuleta or someone like that from the get-go ya know?

Idk, one part of me says yes I need to do something like that to impress vocally, but another part of me is saying no I need to show them who I want to be as an artist. Audition selections are super difficult for me haha.gif

Well, my opinion is only there so you can decide whether or not to use it. tongue.gif But honestly, you want to showcase yourself VOCALLY to the best of your abilities for an audition...and your voice just suits those kinda songs IMO. flowers.gif

Do you watch The Voice? If you do....I'd compare you to Jeff...I find you to have the same type of voice! huggy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Jun 15th 2011, 11:16 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(katharinekatkat @ Jun 16th 2011, 12:06 AM) *

Well, my opinion is only there so you can decide whether or not to use it. tongue.gif But honestly, you want to showcase yourself VOCALLY to the best of your abilities for an audition...and your voice just suits those kinda songs IMO. flowers.gif

Do you watch The Voice? If you do....I'd compare you to Jeff...I find you to have the same type of voice! huggy.gif

Yeah I do watch The Voice and I can see where you'd make that connection. I feel like our vocal tones are pretty different, as his voice is higher than mine, but I can definitely see where you'd make the connection stylistically yes.gif Thanks for the pointers. Would you mind if I PMd you for opinions in the future?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
katharinekatkat
post Jun 16th 2011, 12:08 AM
Post #16

QUOTE(aifanatic100 @ Jun 16th 2011, 12:16 AM) *

Yeah I do watch The Voice and I can see where you'd make that connection. I feel like our vocal tones are pretty different, as his voice is higher than mine, but I can definitely see where you'd make the connection stylistically yes.gif Thanks for the pointers. Would you mind if I PMd you for opinions in the future?

Yah..different tones...but similar styles in singing. flowers.gif And sure, no problem! huggy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Jun 16th 2011, 12:16 AM
Post #17

QUOTE(katharinekatkat @ Jun 16th 2011, 1:08 AM) *

Yah..different tones...but similar styles in singing. flowers.gif And sure, no problem! huggy.gif

Sweet. Thanks so much! Maybe I'll test out one of those choices and post it on youtube sometime yes.gif I'll let you know if I do

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
hayden98
post Jun 28th 2011, 11:20 AM
Post #18

I think you pretty good yes.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
Sig: Elliott. AI 13: Jena, Sam, Caleb, Jess, Malaya, Majesty, MK, Emily, Kristen
Hollywood Contestants Thread Jess Meuse Curse Thread
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Jun 29th 2011, 4:06 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(hayden98 @ Jun 28th 2011, 12:20 PM) *

I think you pretty good yes.gif

Thanks original.gif I randomly clicked in this thread, looking for something to entertain myself, and then I saw a reply haha.gif Thanks for checking out the videos! Do you have any recommendations of songs that you think would suit my voice that I should consider for auditions?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
hayden98
post Jul 8th 2011, 7:03 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(aifanatic100 @ Jun 29th 2011, 5:06 PM) *

Thanks original.gif I randomly clicked in this thread, looking for something to entertain myself, and then I saw a reply haha.gif Thanks for checking out the videos! Do you have any recommendations of songs that you think would suit my voice that I should consider for auditions?

I'd be interested in seeing what you could do with "Get Ready", so if you'd like to maybe you could sing that next original.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
Sig: Elliott. AI 13: Jena, Sam, Caleb, Jess, Malaya, Majesty, MK, Emily, Kristen
Hollywood Contestants Thread Jess Meuse Curse Thread
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 21st 2014, 4:37 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol