Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Latest ARIAS Charts, Idol Singles & Albums
Ricky_22
post Jan 10th 2010, 4:17 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. Matt Cardle

11th January 2010

Singles

BLACK BOX - Stan Walker - has dropped to #6 in it's 7th week and remains platinum!
ART OF LOVE - Guy Sebastian Feat. Jordin Sparks - has dropped to #13 in it's 11th week and has no accreditations!
LIKE IT LIKE THAT - Guy Sebastian - has dropped to #25 in it's 22nd week and is still at 2xplatinum!
GOOD DAY - Hayley Warner - has dropped to #29 in it's 4th week and has no accreditations!
LET ME BE ME - Jessica Mauboy - has dropped to 39 in it's 6th week and has no accreditations!

No other idols in the top 50.

Albums

The worlds #1 remains #1
I DREAMED A DREAM - Susan Boyle - remains at #1 in it's 7th week and still holds 8 x Platinum

INTRODUCING - Stan Walker - drops to #8 in it's 4th week and remains platinum!
LIKE IT LIKE THAT - Guy Sebastian - drops to #31 in it's 11th week and remains Gold!
BEEN WAITING - Jessica Mauboy - drops to #34 in it's 56th week and remains platinum!
WONDER - Lisa Mitchell - moves up to #38 in it's 17th week and remains Gold!

No other idols in the top 50

--------------------
I am my own man, and dictated to by no one!
IPB Image
Joseph McElderry's "Don't Stop Believing"
An exhilarating performance!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 10th 2010, 4:17 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Explorer
post Jan 11th 2010, 6:55 AM
Post #2

bet that guy fellas upset his album is a real bummer hasnt moved from gold in all thise weeks and that song with that american idol girl hasnt even hit a gold even with all that promotion its had on the tele his cult has let him down well hell get over it sad that hayley hasnt done better than she has she didnt manage any promotion at all did she and she was so good with her song still maybe her album will do better and i liked seeing lisa moving up the charts when no one has heard anything about her for ages and im thinking waht will go with matt will he record anything big soon he doesnt say much does he though i heard he will be in england most of this year and hell do better there wont he stan will be thinking about his next album already i think and hope it has less competition in the charts ah well the res always next year isnt there maybe well find a susan well we can dream cant we happy 2010 everyone

--------------------
+Quote Post
Prinia
post Jan 13th 2010, 1:45 AM
Post #3

Don't be so stupid as to use the word "cult" !! Guy is a CHRISTIAN, which is why the Catholic church approached him to submit a song for World Youth Day 2008, via Gary Pinto (there IS an interview, so this information is direct from Catholic Gary Pinto, of CDB band) who tries to adhere to those principle - whereas I doubt you have any principles at all.

There was a tweet quite some months ago asking how come Guy Sebastian was so popular, and someone commented that they could depend on him for their life - something we certainly could not say about you!! If we turned our backs you would just as likely stab us!!

And as you are very enthused about Susan (I am a fan too, have her album) I'm sure you'd like to see this info.

Susan Boyle has taken Aussie music industry by storm after her album ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ went on to enjoy the highest seven-day sales ever seen in the country. The ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ star sold almost 165,000 albums last week, breaking the record of Guy Sebastian''s 163,000 sales at Christmas 2004.

which should read Christmas 2003, as by Christmas 2004 the next Idol and runner up were bringing out their big sellers.

and of course Guy's sales were only over-the-counter sales, as digitals weren't counted at that stage. original.gif

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/music/int...ory-291209.html

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grand.stand
post Jan 13th 2010, 4:04 AM
Post #4

Fav. AI11: Phillip Phillips
Fav. Oz Idol: Reece Mastin

I don't think Guy is much of a practicing Christian, he has no humility and is too full of hinself, as are his fans - I heard that his fans have been back checking his sales for the "Angels Brought Me Here' and decided to buy d/l the single over the past couple of years just to surpass Anthonys' "The Prayer" as the highest seller - and I sincerely believe that! But bad luck for him, he couldn't claim the fastest selling, though I don't doubt he'll think of something laughing.gif

Susan Boyle is internationalty famous, and her sales happened in just 7 weeks, almost 8 million copies, the very vast majority in CD form, not d/ls. Of course you have a copy of her album haha.gif
Guy is just local with a little Asian backing because of his asian birth & background, and the advantage of being the first Oz Idol winner, (he hasn't even sold 1.5 million of his combined releases yet over almost 8 years) He has tried hard from day one to be an international star and has failed in all attempts, even though he has done 5 albums and umpteen singles (even with featured artists) he has just kept above Shannon Noll in sales, but not by that much. His last album, and his featured single with Jordin have not sold well here at all, despite plenty of promo!
You can praise him all you want, that's your prerogative wink.gif but he's still just a wannabe, like most Australian artists, until a real star is found, Maybe in 2011 thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by Grand.stand: Jan 13th 2010, 4:07 AM

--------------------
No matter what your stance on One Direction is, there is no denying that they are currently the biggest name in music right now, globally, and have been for the past 4 years, getting more and more successful. Just wait and see what 2015 brings for them, even bigger and better things ;)
+Quote Post
Capricorn Dancer
post Jan 13th 2010, 7:49 AM
Post #5

Fav. AI3: Jennifer Hudson

QUOTE(Grand.stand @ Jan 13th 2010, 4:04 AM) *

I don't think Guy is much of a practicing Christian, he has no humility and is too full of hinself, as are his fans - I heard that his fans have been back checking his sales for the "Angels Brought Me Here' and decided to buy d/l the single over the past couple of years just to surpass Anthonys' "The Prayer" as the highest seller - and I sincerely believe that! But bad luck for him, he couldn't claim the fastest selling, though I don't doubt he'll think of something laughing.gif

Susan Boyle is internationalty famous, and her sales happened in just 7 weeks, almost 8 million copies, the very vast majority in CD form, not d/ls. Of course you have a copy of her album haha.gif
Guy is just local with a little Asian backing because of his asian birth & background, and the advantage of being the first Oz Idol winner, (he hasn't even sold 1.5 million of his combined releases yet over almost 8 years) He has tried hard from day one to be an international star and has failed in all attempts, even though he has done 5 albums and umpteen singles (even with featured artists) he has just kept above Shannon Noll in sales, but not by that much. His last album, and his featured single with Jordin have not sold well here at all, despite plenty of promo!
You can praise him all you want, that's your prerogative wink.gif but he's still just a wannabe, like most Australian artists, until a real star is found, Maybe in 2011 thumbsup.gif

you dont seem to have much respect for australian idols or australian artists rolleyes.gif and since when is selling 1.5 million cds shabby wacko.gif I thought 'Art of Love' was really close to platinium sales while 'Like it Like That is heading towards 3 platinum. You seem to hate Guy Sebastian for some reason, that is obvious, so you should go find a Susan Boyle thread to post on instead of you and your Anthony Callea friends continually putting down other artists here on this forum at every opportunity.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Nessa_sary1
post Jan 13th 2010, 8:49 AM
Post #6

His imaginary Anthony Callea friends, dontcha mean? It's all the same person bleating on the usual anti-Guy venom.

As for ARIA accreditations, everyone (except Ricky, Grand.... whatever that person calls himself at any given moment) knows that ARIA accreditations run behind the real story. For example, other music sites that give the weekly sales figures reported a couple of weeks back that Art of Love was at 63,831 units sold. So I expect that when ARIA starts sending out its detailed sales reports again for 2010, we'll hear that AOL has hit 70,000, so I doubt Sony will bother with the G accreditation, but will just notify ARIA to go straight to the P. tongue.gif

I suppose the resident dipstick here has his nose out of joint because a Guy song was announced as the biggest selling single in the last decade. Oh, and of course Like It Like That was the biggest single by an Australian artist for 2009. original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grand.stand
post Jan 13th 2010, 5:28 PM
Post #7

Ah, I see our neces-sary1 doppleganger is back haha.gif you ppl don't fool anyone with all your bullsh*t.
Fact is, Susan is a true international star, she can sing, and it didn't take the world long to appreciate that fact! as it would with any greatness. Australian idols are alright in their place, but not one of them is really good, and certainly not good enough.

You're both right, I don't care for Guy at all, he over-rates himself and continuously pushes himself into places that he's obviously not accepted or honestly worthy (the international arena for one) doesn't matter much what you may or may not say, the facts are that he's just another Aussie wannabe, who can't! (you may say 'can't blame a guy for trying', that's true, but you'd think he'd get the message after 8 years) even that X-Factor winner Joe whatever original.gif sold more than 700,000 copies in just 3 weeks, that's 10xplatinum, and with population taken into full account that's 3.5xplatinum here. Now those sales are almost 50% of Guys total sales in 8 years - that's just to put things in perspective.
I like Shannon & Anthony singing they're not too bad, (Shannon has released almost as much as Guy, and his sales are about the same, but Anth has only released 2 albums), but certainly not world class by any means.
I think Stan Walker is pretty good also, let's see what he releases next, and how it's received! and Hayley is very entertaining, along with Lisa Mitchel and Matt Corby who're making slow inroads but no major marks. Other idols have just either disappeared or faded, and or taking other paths.

--------------------
No matter what your stance on One Direction is, there is no denying that they are currently the biggest name in music right now, globally, and have been for the past 4 years, getting more and more successful. Just wait and see what 2015 brings for them, even bigger and better things ;)
+Quote Post
Nessa_sary1
post Jan 14th 2010, 4:27 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(Grand.stand @ Jan 13th 2010, 5:28 PM) *

Ah, I see our neces-sary1 doppleganger is back haha.gif you ppl don't fool anyone with all your bullsh*t.
Fact is, Susan is a true international star, she can sing, and it didn't take the world long to appreciate that fact! as it would with any greatness. Australian idols are alright in their place, but not one of them is really good, and certainly not good enough.

You're both right, I don't care for Guy at all, he over-rates himself and continuously pushes himself into places that he's obviously not accepted or honestly worthy (the international arena for one) doesn't matter much what you may or may not say, the facts are that he's just another Aussie wannabe, who can't! (you may say 'can't blame a guy for trying', that's true, but you'd think he'd get the message after 8 years) even that X-Factor winner Joe whatever original.gif sold more than 700,000 copies in just 3 weeks, that's 10xplatinum, and with population taken into full account that's 3.5xplatinum here. Now those sales are almost 50% of Guys total sales in 8 years - that's just to put things in perspective.
I like Shannon & Anthony singing they're not too bad, (Shannon has released almost as much as Guy, and his sales are about the same, but Anth has only released 2 albums), but certainly not world class by any means.
I think Stan Walker is pretty good also, let's see what he releases next, and how it's received! and Hayley is very entertaining, along with Lisa Mitchel and Matt Corby who're making slow inroads but no major marks. Other idols have just either disappeared or faded, and or taking other paths.

Guy continuously pushes and over-rates himself ??? Like when? Like his US appearance in 2004 that he had no choice in? Like his visit to the US in 2009 on the invite of Sony US? - you're supposed to turn up if you get a record company deal, y'know. And I'm sorry to tell ya, but he'll be going back again shortly - yes, when a record company wants to release your music, it's expected the artist is going to turn up and promote it. What utterly stupid crap you come out with. And it's slightly over 6 years since Guy won Idol.

Oh, and Joe who??? Never heard of him.

Re sales, a Sony guy being interviewed on Mix FM Adelaide said Shannon only sold around half as many units as Guy.

I can tell you what Stan releases next. It's an original song from his album. The track is called 'Think Of Me', a fabulous soul track produced by ..... ta dah .... Guy Sebastian. grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grand.stand
post Jan 14th 2010, 8:21 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Nessa_sary1 @ Jan 15th 2010, 7:27 AM) *

Guy continuously pushes and over-rates himself ??? Like when? Like his US appearance in 2004 that he had no choice in? Like his visit to the US in 2009 on the invite of Sony US? - you're supposed to turn up if you get a record company deal, y'know. And I'm sorry to tell ya, but he'll be going back again shortly - yes, when a record company wants to release your music, it's expected the artist is going to turn up and promote it. What utterly stupid crap you come out with. And it's slightly over 6 years since Guy won Idol.

Oh, and Joe who??? Never heard of him.

Re sales, a Sony guy being interviewed on Mix FM Adelaide said Shannon only sold around half as many units as Guy.

I can tell you what Stan releases next. It's an original song from his album. The track is called 'Think Of Me', a fabulous soul track produced by ..... ta dah .... Guy Sebastian. grin.gif

Never heard of Joe huh, well that shows your narrow tracked musical knowledge and expertise, doesn't it, you're too bogged down in the past original.gif but you ppl seem to know the "back-room" musicians who are legends for writing, some composing even, but mainly unknown recording and sales wise!
By your own other halfs who've stated that Shannon has sold more than 1.3 million units, perhaps you shold check with your better halfs laughing.gif
Lets see how Guys release goes in the USA, and hope it gets better sales than his album here, highest position #6 dropping to #31 in 11 weeks and only has Gold still, but if you guys keep steadily buying you might get him to mplatinum thumbsup.gif

Poor Stan, still, as he belongs to the same 'church' what else can you expect. I just knew that Guy fella shouldn't interfere with other artists, look at that 'Art Of Love' with the American idol Jordin, well promoted, terrible sales. Still, Stans new release might put a few extra dollars in Guys bank account, to help him on his path to much wanted wealth, fame and glory, like a true Christian.
P.S., it's not my fault if he gets it!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callean
post Jan 14th 2010, 8:47 PM
Post #10

Group: NX Subscribers

QUOTE(Ricky_22 @ Jan 10th 2010, 5:17 PM) *

11th January 2010

Singles

BLACK BOX - Stan Walker - has dropped to #6 in it's 7th week and remains platinum!
ART OF LOVE - Guy Sebastian Feat. Jordin Sparks - has dropped to #13 in it's 11th week and has no accreditations!
LIKE IT LIKE THAT - Guy Sebastian - has dropped to #25 in it's 22nd week and is still at 2xplatinum!
GOOD DAY - Hayley Warner - has dropped to #29 in it's 4th week and has no accreditations!
LET ME BE ME - Jessica Mauboy - has dropped to 39 in it's 6th week and has no accreditations!

Albums

The worlds #1 remains #1
I DREAMED A DREAM - Susan Boyle - remains at #1 in it's 7th week and still holds 8 x Platinum

LIKE IT LIKE THAT - Guy Sebastian - drops to #31 in it's 11th week and remains Gold!
BEEN WAITING - Jessica Mauboy - drops to #34 in it's 56th week and remains platinum!

Thanks for the update

--------------------
IPB Image
The incomparable Anthony Callea
+Quote Post
Nessa_sary1
post Jan 16th 2010, 6:01 PM
Post #11

Oh, I see. It's really an anti-Idol thing, isn't it? And all you're managing tol show is that Idols make the charts. Well, anyone that cares to find out the truth can, and I'm sure they're having a laugh at the sad fool who is so desperate to pull people down.

Are you the same person as the idiot on youtube who has Guy videos favorited ... just so he can quickly go in, pull up some videos and hurl abuse at him?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Capricorn Dancer
post Jan 17th 2010, 3:22 AM
Post #12

Fav. AI3: Jennifer Hudson

QUOTE(Ricky_22 @ Jan 10th 2010, 4:17 AM) *

11th January 2010

Singles

Albums

The worlds #1 remains #1

updating on this thread as of 17Jan Art of Love has now sold platinum according to Arias woo hoo holding at #14 in 14 week of release heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ricky_22
post Jan 17th 2010, 7:24 AM
Post #13

Fav. Matt Cardle

latest Arias. 17-01-2010
Singles.

BLACK BOX - Stan Walker dropped to #8 in 8th week, remains platinum
ART OF LOVE - Guy Sebastian Feat. Jordin Sparks dropped to #14 in its 12th week but goes platinum? (big surprise after 3 months)
LIKE IT LIKE THAT - Guy Sebastian drops way down to #31 in it's 23rd week and remains 2xplatinum
GOOD DAY - Hayley Warner drops to #33 in it's 5th week, no accreditations
LET ME BE ME - Jessica Mauboy claws up 2 spots to #37 in 7th week, no accreditations

Albums

I DREAMED A DREAM - Susan Boyle still #1 in it's 8th week! haha.gif

INTRODUCING - Stan Walker drops to #13 in it's 5th week, holding on to platinum
LIKE IT LIKE THAT - Guy Sebastian drops to #35 in 12th week, still on Gold!
BEEN WAITING - Jessica Mauboy drops to #38 in it's 57th week and remains platinum!
WONDER - Lisa Mitchell drops to #46 in it's 18th week, remains Gold!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Ricky_22
post Jan 24th 2010, 6:39 AM
Post #14

Fav. Matt Cardle

Latest Arias charts 25/1/10

Singles

BLACK BOX - Stan Walker drops to #10 in it's 9th week, remains platinum
ART OF LOVE - Guy Sebastian Feat. Jordin Sparks ups to #11 in it's 13th week, remains platinum
LIKE IT LIKE THAT - Guy Sebastian drops to #36 in it's 24th week, remains 2xplatinum
(BROKEN - Sam Clark shoots up to #39 in 2nd week, no accreditations)Oz neighbours star.
LET ME BE ME - Jessica Mauboy drops to #40 in 8th week, no accreditations
GOOD DAY - Hayley Warner drops to #41 in it's 6th week, no accreditations

No other idol in the top 50.

Albums

I DREAMED A DREAM - Susan Boyle still at #1 in it's 9th week remains 8xplatinum

INTRODUCING - Stan Walker drops to #19 in it's 6th week remains platinum
LIKE IT LIKE THAT - Guy Sebastian ups to #32 in it's 13th week and remains gold
BEEN WAITING - Jessica Mauboy drops to #40 in it's 58th week and remains platinum
WONDER - Lisa Mitchell holds steady @ # 46 in it's 19th week and remains gold
BRAN NUE DAE - Soundtrack (starring Jessica Mauboy) debuts at # 29 no accreditations.

No other idol in the top 50.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Ricky_22
post Jan 24th 2010, 5:51 PM
Post #15

Fav. Matt Cardle

haha.gif love to see Joe hit our charts, he's gone platinum already (U.K. style) selling almost as many CDs in a couple of months as any of our idols in their careers! wonder if the next talent show here will turn up such a marvelous performer? Don't expect there'll ever be another SuBo, wow, what a true talent, what a diamond!

we live in hopes haha.gif wow, 9 weeks straight at #1 in Australia! close to 9 x Platinum (Oz Style)

That neighbours star sure has done well, (Sam Clarke) never expected anything like that from him (didn't even know he could sing, or for that matter, was even in a band)

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
HairBear
post Jan 25th 2010, 3:27 AM
Post #16

Fav. Oz Idol: Guy Sebastian

in an internationally dominated OZ music chart each week

great to see Australian Idols consistently charting as well original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grand.stand
post Jan 28th 2010, 8:11 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(Ricky_22 @ Jan 25th 2010, 8:51 AM) *

haha.gif love to see Joe hit our charts, he's gone platinum already (U.K. style) selling almost as many CDs in a couple of months as any of our idols in their careers! wonder if the next talent show here will turn up such a marvelous performer? Don't expect there'll ever be another SuBo, wow, what a true talent, what a diamond!

we live in hopes haha.gif wow, 9 weeks straight at #1 in Australia! close to 9 x Platinum (Oz Style)

That neighbours star sure has done well, (Sam Clarke) never expected anything like that from him (didn't even know he could sing, or for that matter, was even in a band)

Susan Boyle is a legend, and it will be almost a miracle if her success is equalled in this decade!

A brilliant 'debut' from Sam Clarke, he's taken a 6 month sabbatical from 'Neighbours' to 'pursue' his musical career. Hope it's not just a one off.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Prinia
post Jan 30th 2010, 12:36 AM
Post #18

QUOTE(Grand.stand @ Jan 28th 2010, 8:11 PM) *

Susan Boyle is a legend, and it will be almost a miracle if her success is equalled in this decade!

A brilliant 'debut' from Sam Clarke, he's taken a 6 month sabbatical from 'Neighbours' to 'pursue' his musical career. Hope it's not just a one off.

I thought this was all about Idols, here? Somehow you always seem to turn it into discussion about anyone else, but. Susan, and Joe are supposed to be on their respective threads and Sam has never, to my knowledge been on an Idol show.

Not like the McClymonts for example original.gif

whose album is soaring!! And one of the girls WAS on the show

-------------

editing in - sneaky peek at Arias brings about

This is the list of songs which dropped out and the position they were at last week.

Falling out of the Top 50:

39 - Broken - Sam Clark (fell out of the Top 100)
41 - Good Day - Hayley Warner
43 - I Know You Want Me - Pitbull
44 - Evacuate the Dancefloor - Cascada
45 - Good Girls Go Bad - Cobra Starship
47 - 3 - Britney Spears
48 - Right Round - Flo Rida
49 - Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas
50 - You Belong With Me - Taylor Swift

This post has been edited by Prinia: Jan 30th 2010, 5:43 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ricky_22
post Feb 1st 2010, 5:44 AM
Post #19

Fav. Matt Cardle

Arias, albums 1st February 2010

Albums

#1 - Yes, you guessed it! the one nobody wants to be compared with, in for the 10th week! SuBo haha.gif

INTRODUCING - Stan Walker drops to #24 in it's 7th week, remains platinum!
WONDER - Lisa Mitchell shoots up to #35 in it's 20th week, remains Gold!
LIKE IT LIKE THAT - Guy Sebastian drops to #38 in it's 14th week, remains Gold!

No other Idol albums in the top 50!

Singles:

BLACK BOX - Stan Walker drops to #11 in it's 10th week, remains platinum!
ART OF LOVE - Guy Sebastian Feat. Jordin Sparks drops to #15 in it's 14th week, remains platinum!
LIKE IT LIKE THAT - Guy Sebastian ups one spot to #35 in it's 25th week, remains 2xplatinum
LET ME BE ME - Jessica Mauboy drops to #44 in it's 9th week, No accreditations

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Explorer
post Feb 6th 2010, 10:35 AM
Post #20

when do the upto date lists come out

--------------------
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Aug 23rd 2014, 4:28 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol