Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Next Album Discussion, Everything until release
summerthyme
post Jan 5th 2015, 2:39 PM
Post #1

Group: NX Subscribers

I think it's time to start a thread to discuss the next album with this article today.
There will be co-writes, interviews about it. Talk about what you want to see. Anything and everything goes about the new album until it's time to be relased, then we will have a new thread.

@indbier: Scotty McCreery Trades Pop for Classic Country on New LP: For his next album, Scotty McCreery is ready to take. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/sco...new-lp-20150105

SCOTTY MCCREERY TRADES POP FOR CLASSIC COUNTRY ON NEW LP

"We just had the meeting with the label and the album is a go," McCreery tells Rolling Stone Country. "And I'm going to make a country music record. That's what I had to try to convey to the label and they were all for it. The stuff I grew up with was that kind of music I want to have some depth and portray a different side."

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 5th 2015, 2:39 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

flgrandma43
post Jan 5th 2015, 2:55 PM
Post #2

Group: Members

QUOTE(summerthyme @ Jan 5th 2015, 1:39 PM) *

I think it's time to start a thread to discuss the next album with this article today.
There will be co-writes, interviews about it. Talk about what you want to see. Anything and everything goes about the new album until it's time to be relased, then we will have a new thread.

@indbier: Scotty McCreery Trades Pop for Classic Country on New LP: For his next album, Scotty McCreery is ready to take. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/sco..._medium=twitter

SCOTTY MCCREERY TRADES POP FOR CLASSIC COUNTRY ON NEW LP

"We just had the meeting with the label and the album is a go," McCreery tells Rolling Stone Country. "And I'm going to make a country music record. That's what I had to try to convey to the label and they were all for it. The stuff I grew up with was that kind of music I want to have some depth and portray a different side."

As I read through this article, I could almost visualize Scotty sitting there trying to exlain how he feels about his music. I am so proud of him for standing up for what he loves and, as much as I want to see him get that #1 radio hit, I mostly just want him to be happy and proud of his music. I am so excited about this new album, now. I have a feeling we are going to be blown away (again)!!! wub.gif wub.gif

Thanks, summerthyme, for starting this thread and bringing this article over here for us to enjoy. original.gif

This post has been edited by flgrandma43: Jan 5th 2015, 2:58 PM

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
summerthyme
post Jan 5th 2015, 3:07 PM
Post #3

^ You're welcome, we start one when we get any news to start one with. I wasn't expecting this before he even started to record, but that's awesome to get the buzz going already!

--------------------
+Quote Post
GrandmaDot
post Jan 5th 2015, 3:13 PM
Post #4

Brought my thoughts over from the other thread.

After posting the rolling stone article, I started to think more about it. I cannot wait to hear more of what Scotty writes. I love what he sees in country music. I believe he is the future of country music! And Scotty you are not starting at zero. You have a huge supportive fan base that can't wait to hear your next album. Your very best music is that which will come from your heart and soul - the way you feel it should be done. I cannot wait for the world to witnesses that which you envision. When that happens winning American Idol will seem like a baby step compared to what will open up before you! I truly believe this will happen for you with God's blessing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jonathan
post Jan 5th 2015, 3:50 PM
Post #5

Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI14 Riley Bria

Oh this sounds amazing! Scotty was born for writing and recording his own traditional Country music! I can't wait to hear this album. I love the line about not catering to radio but making music for the music! If more artists had the guts Scotty does then radio would be pleasant to listen to again! Excited! w00t.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
summerthyme
post Jan 5th 2015, 3:52 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(Jonathan @ Jan 5th 2015, 2:50 PM) *

Oh this sounds amazing! Scotty was born for writing and recording his own traditional Country music! I can't wait to hear this album. I love the line about not catering to radio but making music for the music! If more artists had the guts Scotty does then radio would be pleasant to listen to again! Excited! w00t.gif

This was an interesting statement:

"Honestly, we're starting at ground zero."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jonathan
post Jan 5th 2015, 3:55 PM
Post #7

Fav. AI14 Riley Bria

QUOTE(summerthyme @ Jan 5th 2015, 3:52 PM) *

He just meant he's starting his own vision from the ground up. Pretty much forget what we've heard on the first 2 albums cause it doesn't indicate what the new album will sound like. I don't think he meant radio, but his own sound. That is the artist in him talking. If singers sang the same album over and over it'd be boring. The artists who've lasted for decades are the ones who have reinvented themselves over and over.

--------------------
+Quote Post
summerthyme
post Jan 5th 2015, 3:58 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(Jonathan @ Jan 5th 2015, 2:55 PM) *

He just meant he's starting his own vision from the ground up. Pretty much forget what we've heard on the first 2 albums cause it doesn't indicate what the new album will sound like. I don't think he meant radio, but his own sound. That is the artist in him talking. If singers sang the same album over and over it'd be boring. The artists who've lasted for decades are the ones who have reinvented themselves over and over.

Pretty exciting, can't wait to see what Scotty 3.0 is going to give us. wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Bleuwolf
post Jan 5th 2015, 3:59 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(GrandmaDot @ Jan 5th 2015, 4:13 PM) *

Brought my thoughts over from the other thread.

After posting the rolling stone article, I started to think more about it. I cannot wait to hear more of what Scotty writes. I love what he sees in country music. I believe he is the future of country music! And Scotty you are not starting at zero. You have a huge supportive fan base that can't wait to hear your next album. Your very best music is that which will come from your heart and soul - the way you feel it should be done. I cannot wait for the world to witnesses that which you envision. When that happens winning American Idol will seem like a baby step compared to what will open up before you! I truly believe this will happen for you with God's blessing.

Bringing my response over from the other thread also

What a wonderful post, Dot. It will be with great anticipation that we wait on this album. Scotty definitely knows where he wants to go with his music and it is refreshing to see him work to stay true to himself. flowers.gif

--------------------

--------------------
+Quote Post
summerthyme
post Jan 5th 2015, 4:02 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(Bleuwolf @ Jan 5th 2015, 2:59 PM) *

Bringing my response over from the other thread also

What a wonderful post, Dot. It will be with great anticipation that we wait on this album. Scotty definitely knows where he wants to go with his music and it is refreshing to see him work to stay true to himself. flowers.gif
--------------------

Ditto both your comments! bye1.gif

I'm trying to wrap my head around this. I didn't expect this today. haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
GrandmaDot
post Jan 5th 2015, 4:14 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(summerthyme @ Jan 5th 2015, 3:52 PM) *

Interesting but understandable. The instant name recognition of Idol has faded. His cowrite SYT did not get the nod to number one it so deserved, bro country is dying, and the upbeat radio friendly feelin it did not get to #1 as we hoped. Scotty has grown up from the boy on Idol. This maturation is going to bring us incredible music with Scotty showing his "old soul". In todays market this is a risk, which is what I think your quotation alludes to, but will gain Scotty respect as a songwriter. As he delivers his work using his incredible story telling golden voice., the future of country music will be heard. Legends make their niche doing things their way and it sounds like that is the road Scotty has chosen. I couldn't be happier!

--------------------
+Quote Post
summerthyme
post Jan 5th 2015, 4:29 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(GrandmaDot @ Jan 5th 2015, 3:14 PM) *

Interesting but understandable. The instant name recognition of Idol has faded. His cowrite SYT did not get the nod to number one it so deserved, bro country is dying, and the upbeat radio friendly feelin it did not get to #1 as we hoped. Scotty has grown up from the boy on Idol. This maturation is going to bring us incredible music with Scotty showing his "old soul". In todays market this is a risk, which is what I think your quotation alludes to, but will gain Scotty respect as a songwriter. As he delivers his work using his incredible story telling golden voice., the future of country music will be heard. Legends make their niche doing things their way and it sounds like that is the road Scotty has chosen. I couldn't be happier!

Yes, there is a risk. But he's played the game, so to speak, and it sounds as if he's concluded it's time to do what he really loves and what is in his heart and soul. I applaud his genuineness and bravery to do this! It's not for the faint of heart, but it is what a person of conviction, maturity and character like Scotty can and will do. wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
drdeb
post Jan 5th 2015, 4:41 PM
Post #13

I too am VERY happy that Scotty plans to 'keep it country' for his next album. Btw, I'm pretty sure that Scotty's "ground zero" comment refers to where he stands currently re songs for his new album NOT where he stands via his career!! thumbsup.gif
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/sco...new-lp-20150105

This post has been edited by drdeb: Jan 5th 2015, 4:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
DMJ2259
post Jan 5th 2015, 4:51 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(drdeb @ Jan 5th 2015, 4:41 PM) *

I too am VERY happy that Scotty plans to 'keep it country' for his next album. Btw, I'm pretty sure that Scotty's "ground zero" comment refers to where he stands currently re songs for his new album NOT where he stands via his career!! thumbsup.gif

That is one of the best pics of Scotty!

As far as the album, I'm sure I'll love it. Guessing we will see what radio does.

This post has been edited by DMJ2259: Jan 5th 2015, 4:52 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ptebwwong
post Jan 5th 2015, 4:58 PM
Post #15

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

From the article, my interpretation is that he wants to make mostly a country album. Since he says "he'll play the game a little," there probably will be a couple of songs as a compromise to the label (Ex. radio).

I love that Scotty is making a country record & doing what he wants. It is a risk, but I do think it'll pay off. Country music is still about the songwriting & by Scotty writing & releasing more of his own music I think he will continue to gain more respect by his peers/industry people & fans.

--------------------
+Quote Post
sinycalone
post Jan 5th 2015, 5:19 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(drdeb @ Jan 5th 2015, 4:41 PM) *

That's how I read Scotty's comments, too...he has nothing selected yet, etc.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

BEACON THEATER, NEW YORK
+Quote Post
nana/sami
post Jan 5th 2015, 5:27 PM
Post #17

Most, if not all, of us were blown away by CAD... Then came CWS and we were awe struck by the versility of his voice 😊... Then came SYT and we were amazed at the growth and change from CAD. I cannot wait to hear this album.... A window into his soul and his beautiful voice singing what he does the best!!!!
Of course one of the things we love about Scotty is his character and ability to know what is best for him and standing his ground!

I think time will tell if this is risky or genius!!! From what I hear from the biggest in country music right now the pendulum is swinging back and I believe Scotty is going to ride it right to the top 😃😃😃😃

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
mary_beaton
post Jan 5th 2015, 5:41 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(GrandmaDot @ Jan 5th 2015, 3:14 PM) *

THIS!!

I'm happy to see that he's about the music and being true to himself. It speaks to his integrity and authenticity. I think there's a lot of respect in the industry for singer/songwriters. It will be fun to see what he records. wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jonathan
post Jan 5th 2015, 5:42 PM
Post #19

Fav. AI14 Riley Bria

QUOTE(nana/sami @ Jan 5th 2015, 5:27 PM) *

Most, if not all, of us were blown away by CAD... Then came CWS and we were awe struck by the versility of his voice 😊... Then came SYT and we were amazed at the growth and change from CAD. I cannot wait to hear this album.... A window into his soul and his beautiful voice singing what he does the best!!!!
Of course one of the things we love about Scotty is his character and ability to know what is best for him and standing his ground!

I think time will tell if this is risky or genius!!! From what I hear from the biggest in country music right now the pendulum is swinging back and I believe Scotty is going to ride it right to the top 😃😃😃😃

I remember Jerrod Niemen said in an article last year that he came to Nashville to record Traditional Country, but then he conformed his sound to the Pop-Rap-Country-whatever you call it that he did on "Drink to That" and "Donkey" in order to get mainstream hits. Well that ended up biting him in the ass-no pun intended...

And then we have Scotty who after proving he can do contemporary Country with 2 top 10 hits, he is going back to his gut, the more traditional sound he came to town to make.

This is just one example. In the end it shows Scotty is the real artist. Someone who has guts and does what he wants trusting his fans will approve and if those in the industry doesn't like it, they can cry all they want but he won't budge. That's what Cash, Garth, Reba, and so many of the greats did. Scotty is right there with them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jailbelle
post Jan 5th 2015, 5:45 PM
Post #20

Fav. AI9: Casey James

This is fantastic news! grin.gif Can't wait. Wonder if the 'new direction' is why FTFY is not being released this time? If so, then I'm good. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Mar 4th 2015, 9:37 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol