Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chris Daughtry in Singapore, July 27th 2008., Very long overdue review with pics- LONG!
natalietan
post Sep 20th 2008, 1:34 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry

Saved it to microsoft word a long time ago, only now then I remembered that I haven't posted this anywhere!

(The beginning talks about meeting 5 members of USA swimming, if you want, skip that part smile.gif )

-----
10.5 months later, I get to see the band live again. This doesn't get old and it can't get any better!!!!!!

Left my house relatively early and reached the concert venue at noon, whereby the tents were not even up! With time to kill and an empty tomb, I always find a way to pass the time. Made a trek downtown to get some food, and when I was on the bus, I saw a few men wearing team USA shirts walking around and taking pictures across the street. I struck gold, they were members of USA swimming! Eventually, I got off the bus and ran up to them outside St Regis, the new hotel beside Tanglin Shopping Center that has bentleys used to pick up guests. I only managed to correctly recognize Eric Shanteau. Mark Gangloff and Ricky Berens plus one of the coaches, Kris Kubic was there. Talked to them for a little bit, then got a picture with the 3 men and signatures too! I hugged Eric and told him to get well soon and go for the gold. Mark was amazing too, I had posted on his blog saying I hoped to meet him in Singapore, and I did! Ricky, he was rather shy and I love his smile! Kris asked me about Singapore life and I told him quite a bit about our culture (thanks, Dr Jan for intercultural communications class last semester, I applied what I learnt!), and wrote a few words in mandarin for him. Spoke abit about what I'm studying and my work experience as an assistant teacher in a speech and drama school 2 years back. The swimmers were really down to earth, and surprisingly, nobody recognized them! I asked if anyone had came up to them to take pictures and they replied, no! Okay, now I have the distinction on this. Took them to Forum, and then walked on the way in the direction of treetops, where there was a road that we had to wait forever to cross! And here it was, I saw 2 girls from team USA- Rebecca Soni and Elizabeth Beisel. Asked a passerby to take a photo for me, and I got autographs too. Kris said the guys had to go back to the hotel but he told me something that I'm not supposed to disclose here due to protect the team's interests etc.

After that, I decided to head back to the concert venue, and met Hanming there. It was 2:45 by then, and nobody was around so we went hotel scouting in the City Hall area. The band wasn't staying at Conrad though. Hungry and tired, we do takeaway at Macdonalds and drag ourselves all the way back to the concert venue, where I sense that soundcheck was going on- loud music and lots of pauses in between. I venture in the direction of the Substation and flip the covers and guess who I see! CHRISTOPHER ADAM DAUGHTRY on his guitar. I took a few shots of him and flashed my sign that said "Chris (1 year later), I am still not over you! Not sure if he noticed it or not, but nevermind.

I head to wait outside backstage (which faces the main road) and Josh Paul is in the tent. OH MY GOD. The man who gave me the biggest love of all last year, he was the first (and last) member of the band I hugged during the signing session last year... whereby everyone in the crowd went "aaaaaaaaaw." Last because everyone had gone into customs with the exception of him, and when he walked right by me, I managed to get a photo with him coupled with a hug. I called out to him saying that I had a present for him, security told me that they would give it to him, so I said it's a personal gift, and guess what! Josh Paul walks over to me! "Josh, do you remember me?" He replies "Yes! Hi, how are you!" [/size=4]and I hand over the photo that I took with him encased in a frame to him. I ask if I can take a picture with him and security wasn't too happy (they were nasty and were like no, he's in a rush and has to rest) but Josh obliges and one of them takes my camera to snap it. Oops. My hair was tied up and I look like crap, but that's all I get. Should have let it down! I get a hug from Josh Paul, and say thanks again. Awwwwww. (I don't exactly remember what else Josh Paul said to me cause I was soaking in the moment and hyperventilating. When I turn around, I see 3 fans holding out cd's and ipods in hope of getting an autograph, but they didn't stand a chance. Then security makes everyone back off and they form a human fence to safely get the whole band on the bus, dreams crushed on getting pictures with them. I go over to the right side of the bus where Brian is seated and start waving/blowing kisses to him and he waves back! Then the bus speeds off to the hotel (only after the show then I found out where they stayed thanks to Joseph of Jack and Rai's band- one of the opening acts.)

Seems like there's good karma between me and Josh Paul. Twice as good! I swear I ain't washing that tshirt ever. And I haven't hugged anyone ever since then. (that was back on the very day of the concert... lol!)

I decide to start an impromptu line. Acquainted myself with Jason and his wife, Donna who I stuck with for the night together with Hanming. At around 6, security ordered us to line up in 3 rows at the barricades to get our bags checked and wrist tags. Waited till 6:45 then they let us get through, and I was the first one who got done and ran all the way straight to the front of the stage, where I could choose to stand anywhere, and of course, I took front and center, right splat infront of where Christopher Adam Daughtry would be standing.

The crowd started filling in and my, it was packed!!!!!! A local radio personality got the crowd warmed up and the great experiment (whatever the band is) started off the night playing 5 songs, I had no idea about anything they played, then Jack and Rai came on with Mel and Joseph. They played a mix of covers and songs from their new album. Their sound has been great, which is why I keep going back to the bars they play at. It was close to 9 when they ended and I thought Chris was going to come on, but there was strikeforce- a percussion band. Towards the end of Jack and Rai's set, I noticed Josh Paul standing at the bottom of left stage (on my right). Camera was too slow in getting a picture of him, screw. I need to change my camera soon, it's an old hag.

Finally, at 9:30pm, the band finally came on...... this time, it was Josh Paul running up to the stage first, then the rest of the band. Kicking things off with You Don't Belong (only a handful of people knew the words to the song- if at all), and of course, don't count me in the category of those that don't know cause I've been watching videos of their unreleased new songs non stop. How amazing can this get? Head bobbing in the air, waving and screaming. I live for this! After the opening number, What I Want followed. Chris got the crowd to go "Aaaaaaaaaaaaahaa". Breakdown next. When the band played Used To, he said to the crowd, "You guys know this song, sing along to it!" That one got me going real good- I was swaying my head back and forth and felt like I was bouncing in the air. "Like how it used to be, you used to lean on me.........."

Didn't expect Over You to be the 5th song- It came a little too fast in my opinion cause it's a great song to sing along with and should be reserved for the end where the fans can get more pumped up about it, but nonetheless, the crowd was responsive and sang. Midway through the song, Chris told the crowd "if you don't know the words, make something up and nobody will know the difference." He then asked how many of us knew the words and everyone screamed.

It was definetely after Long Way that I screamed "Chris I want your babies" then he responded. Chris said "Who says they want my babies?!" The crowd gave a very puzzled response to that... In Singapore, it seems to me that the fans have only been screaming "We love you", "Rock on" and thanks for the memories... etc. Nothing too crazy. I knew I had to pull something off in order to catch his attention!

The band got the crowd sappy with "What About Now", it was quite cute to see people not scream for once. Emotional, maybe? After "Feels Like Tonight", the band got off the stage, and everyone started chanting for more. They came back again, and Chris asked what song we wanted to hear. I actually wanted Gone, but was beaten out by the whole crowd by the thousands- all of them wanted Home, which is known as Singapore's most favorite song by Chris Daughtry and the band.

The final song (There and Back Again) was the bomb............ Chris asked us to scream non stop ferociously and at the end, he drank from a water bottle, then sprayed the crowd with it, repeating the cycle. Amazing.

I happen to run into Joseph, the drummer of Jack and Rai's band and he asks me if I've met the band yet and I was like only Josh Paul, and he tells me the hotel they were staying at (not to be disclosed either). I head over there with my friend plus Charlene, and we wait there for 2.5 hours, past midnight to no avail...unfortunately.

Nonetheless, this was still a mind blowing night!

Pics- http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=...mp;id=638880133

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=...mp;id=638880133

(Add me on facebook if you want to, I have pics from last year's concert there! original.gif )

Teasers:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

This post has been edited by natalietan: Sep 20th 2008, 11:08 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Sep 20th 2008, 1:34 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

JPL Fan 4ever
post Sep 20th 2008, 10:46 AM
Post #2

Fav. AI7: Michael Johns
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen

Sounds awesome Im glad you had a great time. Thanks for sharing. And your pictures are awesome!!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
natalietan
post Sep 20th 2008, 11:10 AM
Post #3

Thanks! original.gif

I've still got an official review to post up that I wrote for a free entertainment magazine (which can be picked up at starbucks etc), just too lazy to take a picture of it. Lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
JPL Fan 4ever
post Sep 20th 2008, 2:14 PM
Post #4

Fav. AI7: Michael Johns
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen

Thats so cool that it was in a magazine!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
natalietan
post Sep 20th 2008, 11:44 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(JPL Fan 4ever @ Sep 20th 2008, 2:14 PM) *

Thats so cool that it was in a magazine!

Lol, not the one I posted up... heh. I wrote a separate review, which is media friendly and not as long winded... original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Nov 28th 2014, 6:03 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol