Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

12 Pages V « < 10 11 12   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Matt Corby Fan Thread, The IDF Matt Attack!
Callean
post Jul 7th 2010, 12:18 AM
Post #221

Group: NX Subscribers

I used to like Matt, now I don't know? the quality of the audio of his recordings is rather poor.

--------------------
IPB Image
The incomparable Anthony Callea
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jul 7th 2010, 12:18 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

DrWhom
post Jul 24th 2010, 7:34 PM
Post #222

Group: Members

Anyone else that was wondering what ever happened to Matt after Idol, this story brings us up to dat.

Link here - Story about Matt Corby

Corby determined not to sit idly by
20/Jul/2010
By Emilia Vranjes
Former Australian Idol runner-up Matt Corby is determined to leave his TV past behind him.
MATT Corby is a young man going places, yet it seems some people are intent on holding him back.
The 19-year-old former Australian Idol runner-up – pipped at the post by Natalie Gauci in 2007 – has just returned from London where he signed a worldwide publishing deal with BMG and was picked up by the Communion label, run by Ben Lovett of barnstorming indie-folk quartet Mumford and Sons.
But while Londoners in the musical know have embraced this young talent from Cronulla, some Aussie punters aren’t as supportive.
“In Geelong the other day I had a guy in the crowd just harassing me the whole gig,” he said.
“He obviously just didn’t like what I did when I was younger.”
Corby is alluding to his Idol experience, which he is determined to move on from.
And he needn’t look far for inspiration, with good friend and fellow former Idol contestant Lisa Mitchell achieving critical adoration as a self-made artist.
“We both went through the same x#*@ and she gives me a little glimmer of hope,” he said.
While his career has come good with the recent release of folk anthem My False – recorded with Evermore’s Dann Hume – Corby endured his fair share of hard knocks overseas.
One week after arriving in London, his manager set off for New York, leaving him without contacts or gigs.
“I put my name down for open mic nights,” he said.
Then one night changed everything.
“I put on a show in an old abandoned cafe in Notting Hill and two guys came up to me afterwards, including Ben from Mumford and Sons, and were excited about me coming on board,” he said.
While the golden beaches of Cronulla will always be home for this keen surfer, it is likely London will continue to drive his music career, with his first full-length due for release in February.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Prinia
post Aug 3rd 2010, 2:35 AM
Post #223

Matt's EP is ALWAYS going well in POP iTunes in Australia. great to see

--------------------
+Quote Post
Prinia
post Jan 2nd 2011, 7:00 PM
Post #224

Have to add that @Undercover has announced that the Matt Corby interviews have received the most plays

http://www.undercover.fm/videos/317-matt-c...over-interviews

Undercover are certainly going well these days, and their polish now is unmistakable.

great sites to add to Twitter are @Undercover and @AudioTech original.gif

many back issues and info. are available

ALSO have to add that Matt Corby's EP is continually in the POP genre of Australian iTunes. A very good seller indeed.

This post has been edited by Prinia: Jan 2nd 2011, 7:01 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
maeincmajor
post Apr 5th 2011, 2:48 AM
Post #225

Fav. Judge: Kara DioGuardi
Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. XF: Aiden Grimshaw

w00twave.gif

Favourite idol ever, to be honest.
Just 'cause he is the anti-idol, in its reality tv counterpart sense.

--------------------
Nothing Compares to Aiden // AIDEN GRIMSHAW IS 21st CENTURY FIT! // Like a cannonball. Pautty!
IPB Image
+Quote Post
DrWhom
post Dec 4th 2011, 10:13 PM
Post #226

Matt Corby has a new single "Into the Flame" which has entered the ARIA singles charts at #46 this week.
I think it has been out on youtube for about a year but has now made it to the charts. Don't know the story beyond that.

Youtube - Matt Corby - Into the flame

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Prinia
post Dec 10th 2011, 12:12 AM
Post #227

QUOTE(DrWhom @ Dec 4th 2011, 10:13 PM) *

Matt Corby has a new single "Into the Flame" which has entered the ARIA singles charts at #46 this week.
I think it has been out on youtube for about a year but has now made it to the charts. Don't know the story beyond that.

Youtube - Matt Corby - Into the flame

I believe......... shocked.gif grin.gif that TripleJ are getting behind it! Wonders will never cease! (That area is of the opinion that reality show people have no place in the industry, and so never play them. ALSO, those who get played on TripleJ are the actual award winners on ARIA).

That's great news, and I've noticed it climbing up on iTunes. Certainly, his EP is always there

--------------------
+Quote Post
Prinia
post Jan 30th 2012, 11:03 PM
Post #228

On Australian iTunes, Matt's single "Brother" is climbing really well, currently at No. 6, while his EP album "Into the Flame" is at the top of Albums

As I've often said before, his previous album has rarely been out of Pop charts on iTunes, and I notice he's adding to his venues grin.gif

For those who do catch this really talented musician, rolleyes.gif also notice his eyelashes. I remember catching sight of them at a signing some years ago and was most impressed tongue.gif haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Drew
post Mar 21st 2012, 4:51 PM
Post #229

His set is going to be streamed live tonight. I CAN'T WAIT. spaz.gif

This post has been edited by Drew: Mar 21st 2012, 6:46 PM

--------------------
thevoiceus: bria. christina. tess. delvin. kristen. josh. sisaundra. kat.
thevoiceuk: christina marie. jamie. georgia. sophie. sally. bizzi. rachael. lee.
xfactoruk: sam. luke. tamera. lorna. kingsland road. nicholas.
+Quote Post
Maverick
post Mar 23rd 2012, 6:33 AM
Post #230

Fav. cómame

QUOTE(Drew @ Mar 22nd 2012, 5:51 AM) *

His set is going to be streamed live tonight. I CAN'T WAIT. spaz.gif

So how did it go?

--------------------
My user name reflects my personality absolutely, i am not a team worker and i say what i want, i'm not here to please anyone but myself - I won't reply to personal attacks nor will i start any - my opinions are my own and concern the artists/judges/hosts and etc: not other posters.

besos y cariños para todos .... _ .... _ .... _ .... _ .... _ _ .... _ .... _ .... _ .... _ .... muérdame
+Quote Post
taperjean_girl
post Mar 27th 2012, 4:28 AM
Post #231

God I love Matt Corby wub.gif ....He is up there with Haley reinhart and Fantasia as my favourite idols of all time anywhere

Not sure if this has been posted yet but it's Matt doing a cover of The Black keys Lonely Boy. It is one of the best covers Ive ever heard...reminds me of why I was so addicted to him grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Prinia
post Sep 4th 2012, 1:38 PM
Post #232

QUOTE(taperjean_girl @ Mar 27th 2012, 4:28 AM) *

God I love Matt Corby wub.gif ....He is up there with Haley reinhart and Fantasia as my favourite idols of all time anywhere

Not sure if this has been posted yet but it's Matt doing a cover of The Black keys Lonely Boy. It is one of the best covers Ive ever heard...reminds me of why I was so addicted to him grin.gif

thanks for that. I've been lucky enough to catch him twice over the years. Such a lovely guy too. So many awesome singers AND lovely guys originate from churches. His eyes are SO gorgeous, unbelievable.

--------------------
+Quote Post

12 Pages V « < 10 11 12
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 19th 2014, 10:27 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol