Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> X factor insider spills secrets about Melanie Amaro and others, Merged
jdanton2
post Aug 19th 2015, 4:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI3: LaToya London
Fav. AI4: Nadia Turner
Fav. S5Lisa Tucker S6:Jordin Sparks

saw this at MJ's in regards to Melanie's win from an X Factor insider. shifty.gif unsure.gif

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/x-factor-insider...how-secrets.htm

Very telling is what the insider had to say about Season 1 winner, Melanie Amaro. She was dropped after her first two singles bombed, her finished album shelved “indefinitely” aka forever. There was also that erratic behavior on twitter. What was up with Melanie? The author’s thoughts shed light on the matter.

X-Factor’s first season featured an incredible talent named Melanie Amaro. We really saw her as a new benchmark in singing show talent. As the competition wore on, though, the stress took a huge toll on her. It got to the point where she stopped caring about her health or appearance, showing sudden weight gain over the course of the competition. Before live performances, she’d burst with anxiety, tearfully demanding last-minute changes to her production and song choices. Then she received some terrible news: She had won.

This victory netted her a $5 million recording contract, though we might as well have handed it to her in Toys “R” Us Geoffrey Bucks, for all she cared. Actually recording her own album, which a few months earlier was her dream come true, was suddenly very low on her priority list.

After Melanie’s singles flopped, her label dropped her and shelved her album “indefinitely,” which is industry speak for “Axl Rose will release a Chinese Democracy sequel before she finishes one record.” I don’t think she cared. Her dream became to open up a nail salon, because she figured obnoxious customers and acetone fumes are still easier to deal with than all that. Fame simply wasn’t for her — as it likely isn’t for many singing show hopefuls who dream of gigantic mansions, but not the 130-hour work week required to live in one.

It all makes sense now.

--------------------
Favorite Season 7 Syesha Mercado-Season 8 Anoop Desai- Season 9 Siobhan Magnus-Season 10 Pia Toscano-Season 11 Jessica Sanchez-Season 12 Candice Glover-Season 13 Malaya Watson-Season 14 Tyanna Jones

X Factor Season 1 Melanie Amaro- Season 2 Fifth Harmony
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Aug 19th 2015, 4:21 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

vchristianman
post Aug 19th 2015, 4:42 PM
Post #2

I just found this on Mjsbigblog: This is from an article written by some one who claims to be an X factor uSa insider.
X-Factor’s first season featured an incredible talent named Melanie Amaro. We really saw her as a new benchmark in singing show talent. As the competition wore on, though, the stress took a huge toll on her. It got to the point where she stopped caring about her health or appearance, showing sudden weight gain over the course of the competition. Before live performances, she’d burst with anxiety, tearfully demanding last-minute changes to her production and song choices. Then she received some terrible news: She had won.

This victory netted her a $5 million recording contract, though we might as well have handed it to her in Toys “R” Us Geoffrey Bucks, for all she cared. Actually recording her own album, which a few months earlier was her dream come true, was suddenly very low on her priority list.

After Melanie’s singles flopped, her label dropped her and shelved her album “indefinitely,” which is industry speak for “Axl Rose will release a Chinese Democracy sequel before she finishes one record.” I don’t think she cared. Her dream became to open up a nail salon, because she figured obnoxious customers and acetone fumes are still easier to deal with than all that. Fame simply wasn’t for her — as it likely isn’t for many singing show hopefuls who dream of gigantic mansions, but not the 130-hour work week required to live in one.
The entire article can be found at the link below
http://www.cracked.com/personal-experience...t-tell-you.html

--------------------
+Quote Post
soulkissage
post Aug 20th 2015, 6:59 AM
Post #3

Fav. SYTYCD5: Evan Kasprzak
Fav. SYTYCD7: Billy Bell
Fav. X Factor: Carly Rose Sonenclar

It is interesting to see the cuts in the Don Philips audition.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
annerice
post Aug 20th 2015, 4:42 PM
Post #4

when I read about the creeper I thought about Vino

that's very interesting about Melanie. These people don't have a big support system behind them and then the labels also suck and everything goes down.

--------------------
avie by istersay
+Quote Post
jork
post Aug 23rd 2015, 4:55 PM
Post #5

Yeah, probably Vino.

Also, I did suspect Melanie had personal issues that wouldn't allow her to handle fame. In fact, a large reason many of the contestants fail, other than the fact that they might be out of fashion in the current radio climate, is that many of them just lack drive or the ability to develop relationships with all sorts of people--producers, radio guys, label guys, etc. Tate Stevens was another guy who I thought had very little if any drive to succeed. Thought Jeff Gutt had a certain drive but was just too old/out of fashion. Emblem3's Drew had misplaced drive--didn't want to sell out to the pop world, which disbanded E3 as a whole.

Others--I thought Astro in XFUS1 had insane drive, and the people who went to movies--Astro, Hayley Orrantia (of Lakoda Rayne) are people I think we can hear more of in upcoming years.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, 2015's radio demands that EDM/R&B is the singular genre the world orbits around. Look at the collapse of country radio as it is trending towards hipster bro country and EDM-country. CHR songs pray at the pedestal of DJ Snake, David Guetta, Felix Jaehn, Calvin Harris and Robin Schulz now; every pop singer now wants to be attached to an EDM beat. 5H has branded themselves around trap and techno to some degree, for sure, to splice in with their pop. If you look at country music, supposed traditional types like Scotty McCreery and Danielle Bradbery have caved into bro country and spoken-word type R&B vernacular, respectively. Not to mention, country radio has a major problem in refusing to play female country artists. Look no further than the HAC charts--once an avenue for singer-songwriters to get some radio play, it's now taking the majority of songs within the CHR charts and adapting it as their playlist. Basically, now in 2015, singer-songwriters who would latch onto HAC and traditional country types who would latch onto country radio are being locked out. Radio doesn't care about the singing power or artistry anymore.

The singer songwriters who do succeed--Rachel Platten--come off as potential one-hit wonders. Andy Grammer scores once every three years, seemingly, so he can't be a radio mainstay. Look at country, and they latch themselves onto Luke Bryan, FGL, Sam Hunt, and Blake Shelton, and anyone who sounds like them. It's a harsh environment for Idol types who are so devoted to their musical integrity and artistry they refuse to sell out, or who are bound by religious principle to the point where they can't become fully uninhibited and show their personalities under an EDM beat. Tori Kelly, an AI alum, is loved by radio, but hasn't been able to sell singles relative to radio play because I think she's not fully uninhibited. Nick Fradiani really had a half-baked single because he tried to have it both ways--while he recognized he needed to gear his sound toward radio play, he wanted to stay true to himself--which meant staying true to trends that evaporated by 2010 (like Nickelback, Rob Thomas, etc).

I've always felt XF contestants were more proactive in the social sphere, and as of recent, radio play, because they felt much more uninhibited by Idol contestants--Idol contestants put their vocals in the forefront, but XF contestants balanced on-stage charisma, vibe, attitude and other things. You'll struggle to see a tatted up dude on the Idol stage, much like Vino Alan, or a rapper like Astro/Chris Rene. XF contestants' twitter followers outpaced AI twitter followers for their comparative seasons despite having far less of a TV audience. XF contestants immerse themselves in the current environment and are willing to put the beat on it--Idol types are inhibited by the beat due to church rearings, maintaining of singing/songwriting artistry, etc. In an EDM/R&B world, that's problematic if you want radio play. Basically, there needs to be a sell-out factor involved, but the more recent Idol types can't get over that hurdle.

This post has been edited by jork: Aug 24th 2015, 8:48 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
TPTB Manipulation Blog Zabala sucks
+Quote Post
istersay
post Aug 23rd 2015, 6:07 PM
Post #6

Search and Destroy
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

^yeah, Astro has insane drive yes.gif , the kid is always putting out stuff

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sasafrass452
post Aug 25th 2015, 10:04 AM
Post #7

Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. AI10: Pia Toscano
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller

Ok, I don't know who this "insider" is, but those statements couldn't be farther from the truth. Erratic behaviour? I never saw any. Nail salon? Really? I never heard Melanie give any indication of wanting to do that. Stopped caring about her health? Give me a break.... We all know stress can put on weight. The album was low on her priority list? Puuuhleeeaaassseee.... She went on Ustream a couple of yrs ago & was in tears as she spoke, promising to make music with or without a label. She never gave the details about what happened, but it was obvious.... Sony screwed her over big time. Her album was even available for pre-order, then suddenly yanked. I believe that is when Sony dropped her. They gave up on her, she never gave up on herself. None of that is her fault. If her singles (which I like, btw) didn't catch on, it's because there was basically no promotion & no support from Sony. She never tweeted about her singles until they were released, most likely because Sony wouldn't let her. If they had really gotten behind her, they would've promoted her songs & album like crazy, & put her on a promo tour to let everyone know the music was coming. But instead we got nothing.... Listen to her song Fuel My Fire. The lyrics pretty much tell the tale. But she's not letting what happened stop her.... She's now independant & has an EP on the way. I'm sooo glad she's free from Sony, at least she can now release music on her own terms!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sasafrass452
post Aug 25th 2015, 11:49 AM
Post #8

Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. AI10: Pia Toscano
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller

I saw this pic in that article.... Who is she? Looks familiar, but can't place her.

IPB Image

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Aug 27th 2015, 7:17 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol