Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alice's Top 80 Routines EVER!, Because contestants are too mainstream :*
HeckYeahSYTYCD
post Dec 26th 2011, 1:58 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

Fav. SYTYCD3: Danny Tidwell
Fav. SYTYCDC4: Melissa Mitro
Fav. SYTYCD10: Aaron Turner

80. LACEY SCHWIMMER & KAMERON BINK | "DANCING" | CONTEMPORARY
US SEASON 3 | MIA MICHAELS

Random fact, but this is the first contemporary routine I ever saw haha.gif And at first, I didn't get it. I hated it in fact. But when I finally became used to the style, I came back to this routine and really appreciated it for what it was heart.gif

79. JEANINE MASON & PHILLIP CHBEEB | "MAD" | LYRICAL HIP-HOP
US SEASON 5 | NAPPYTABS

Surprisingly the only appearance from Jeanine in this list, this proves that NappyTabs lyrical hip-hops aren't always hideous.

78. CARLY COOPER SMITH & KIERAN MCMAHON | "FURIOUS ANGELS" | CONTEMPORARY
AU SEASON 3 | SARAH BOULTER

IPB Image
NO YOUTUBE VIDEO!! Watch here - http://www.megavideo.com/?d=439MOX2L

Probably the most unlikely couple to pull a routine like this off, but they did x1000. Sarah is very hit and miss, but when she gets it right, she gets it so right.

77. MARKO GERMAR & LAUREN FRODERMAN | "SHIRK" | CONTEMPORARY
US SEASON 8 | TESSANDRA CHAVEZ

I was not expecting Tessandra to pull something like this out of the bag omg.gif She more than validated her place on the show with this. *cue Megan commenting on nothing but Marko being shirtless*

76. JORDAN CLARK & SHANE SIMPSON | "WAKE UP ALONE" | CONTEMPORARY
CA SEASON 4 | NICO ARCHAMBAULT & WYNN HOLMES

I don't remember this routine being all that well-loved after the show first aired, which is a shame. Jordan was absolutely glorious in this and this is when I knew that she was one of my favourite dancers ever.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
SYTYCDAU4: Jordan. Patric. Ashleigh. Joel. Michael. Blond. Jay.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Dec 26th 2011, 1:58 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Zak9369
post Dec 26th 2011, 2:17 PM
Post #22

DANCING - I love this routine. They danced it well but it was their passion and chemistry that really sold the piece. The show is really hurting without Mia to choreograph partner routines.

MAD - It's a really good routine but I highly doubt I would ever include it in one of my own Top Routines list, nor would I consider it Jeanine's best performance.

SHIRK - I would actually have this a lot higher. It was very refreshing and new choreography, which Lauren and Marko breathed a lot of maturity into. I certainly didn't expect yet another Marko contemporary to steal the finale, never mind the season.

WAKE UP ALONE - This routine is irrelevant to me.

--------------------
+Quote Post
sytycdfan123
post Dec 26th 2011, 2:31 PM
Post #23

Fav. SYTYCD7: Lauren Froderman
Fav. SYTYCD9: Witney Carson

Lacey and Kameron- Feel the exact same way, this was also the first contemporary routine I ever saw and I did not like the style at all, it seemed way too boring and uninteresting but I love the style now and I love this routine. I am also currently re-watching season 3 and Lacey really is winning me over.

Jeanine and Phillip- Only one Jeanine routine shocked.gif , Anyway love this, routines like this reminds me that NappyTabs are capable of choreographing great routines.

Carly and Kieran- Really liked this, they completely surprised me.

Marko and Lauren- Lauren is in this which automatically makes it a flawless routine.

Jordan and Shane- This is decent, kind of expected better choreography from Nico though.

--------------------
IPB Image
Cody/Witney, Charlie/Sharna, Amy/Derek, Candace/Mark, James/Peta, Meryl/Maks Credit:Jess
+Quote Post
poopooface
post Dec 26th 2011, 3:07 PM
Post #24

One of my all-time favorite routines from a season I haven't watched. Mia is a genius. I've always assumed that this is one of those classics that everyone loved so I'm surprised to see it so lo.

Only one Jeanine routine and at 79? wut? And damn, NappyTabs can't get no love around here.

Not bad. Interesting stuff, thought a little too much running and spinning for my taste. I think 80 and 79 are better. stuart.gif

A tour de force from all involved. I liked it but I can't get behind it 100% like everybody else. Mostly because the choreo is so busy and so, to me, the routine represents the show's overall direction of favoring busy choreo over simple but brilliant stuff (like your #80) to its detriment (this routine aside).

Not bad. I don't get the hype around her from this routine but I didn't watch the season so I'm not an expert.

This post has been edited by poopooface: Dec 26th 2011, 3:08 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jess
post Dec 26th 2011, 3:41 PM
Post #25

Group: Blend Artists

Fav. SYTYCD7: Robert Roldan
Fav. SYTYCD8: Melanie Moore
Fav. AI13: Caleb Johnson

"Dancing" has faded for me over the years. ph34rwave.gif It's still good though. One of the classics from US3.

"Mad" is good, but I prefer "Love Lockdown". kiss.gif

"Furious Angels" is one of the best of AU3! I think I ranked it #2 or #3 on my season list.

"Shirk" was amazing. One of my favorites from both dancers.

I remember liking "Wake Up Alone". I need to watch the season again though.

--------------------
IPB Image
ai13: caleb. jena. jess. alex. | sytycdau4: lauren. michael. renelle. jay.
+Quote Post
*Wallace
post Dec 26th 2011, 5:03 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez
Fav. AI12: Candice Glover
Fav. AI13: Dexter Roberts

Oooh I love this dance. SOO good. wub.gif Only time I ever really loved Kameron in a dance and Lacey was fantastic of course.

Only one Jeanine appearance? crying.gif I DO NOT APPROVE. crying.gif Anyway, I love this and thought this was fantastic. heart.gif Although Imma echo Jess and say I prefer "Love Lockdown."

I really liked this routine a lot. They did a great job with this but didn't LOVE it.

Absolutely gorgeous and loved this sooo very much! wub.gif

I really liked this but forgot about it a few weeks later. Both danced this really well but not that memorable.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Imageai13: emily. malaya. caleb. kristen. dexter. jessica. jena. | dwts18: meryl/maks. charlie/sharna. amy/derek. danica/val. james/peta. cody/witney. candace/mark. | tar24: brendon/rachel. caroline/jennifer. dave/connor. | sur28: tasha. spencer. woo. morgan. | bbc2: neda. adel. ika. jon. heather. | sytycdau4: patric. ashleigh. jay. michael. renelle. lauren. eden. zoey. | credit: Elliott for the av.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Erestor
post Dec 26th 2011, 5:06 PM
Post #27

This routine is just stunning. One of my favorite Mia choreos for sure. One of my faves of S3 too.

Eh I wasn't too crazy about it. I preferred "Love Lockdown".

Loved this. omg.gif One of my faves of the season. Just SO good. I love me some dark and intense Contemps. heart.gif It's their best routine imo.

FLOVE this routine! wub.gif There was just something really special about it that grabbed my attention. And the fact that LoFro was a f*cking perfection in it helps too.

Eh this was alright. I barely even remember it. It's my least favorite Contemps of all Jordan's.

--------------------
bbcan2: neda adel heather jon anick ika. surv28: jefra kass spencer lj morgan trish.
+Quote Post
HeckYeahSYTYCD
post Dec 26th 2011, 8:47 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(Zak9369 @ Dec 26th 2011, 7:17 PM) *

DANCING - I love this routine. They danced it well but it was their passion and chemistry that really sold the piece. The show is really hurting without Mia to choreograph partner routines.

MAD - It's a really good routine but I highly doubt I would ever include it in one of my own Top Routines list, nor would I consider it Jeanine's best performance.

SHIRK - I would actually have this a lot higher. It was very refreshing and new choreography, which Lauren and Marko breathed a lot of maturity into. I certainly didn't expect yet another Marko contemporary to steal the finale, never mind the season.

WAKE UP ALONE - This routine is irrelevant to me.

Eh I somewhat agree. If we could bring back pre season 7 Mia, then great, but the stuff she's done since then (bar ELTSDIM and the top 3 girls routine in CA4) has been really disappointing IMO sad.gif

I don't know if it's her best, I just know it's my favourite. Honestly, I didn't really enjoy all that many of her routines fear.gif

Agreed yes.gif

sad.gif

QUOTE(sytycdfan123 @ Dec 26th 2011, 7:31 PM) *

Lacey and Kameron- Feel the exact same way, this was also the first contemporary routine I ever saw and I did not like the style at all, it seemed way too boring and uninteresting but I love the style now and I love this routine. I am also currently re-watching season 3 and Lacey really is winning me over.

Jeanine and Phillip- Only one Jeanine routine shocked.gif , Anyway love this, routines like this reminds me that NappyTabs are capable of choreographing great routines.

Carly and Kieran- Really liked this, they completely surprised me.

Marko and Lauren- Lauren is in this which automatically makes it a flawless routine.

Jordan and Shane- This is decent, kind of expected better choreography from Nico though.

I never found it boring, I actually felt the choreography was really ugly. Lacey seems like your type, so I'm not surprised haha.gif

I know shocked.gif Shame they don't choreograph good routines more often...

yes.gif

rolleyes.gif haha.gif

I think it's great choreography, although not his best shifty.gif

QUOTE(poopooface @ Dec 26th 2011, 8:07 PM) *

One of my all-time favorite routines from a season I haven't watched. Mia is a genius. I've always assumed that this is one of those classics that everyone loved so I'm surprised to see it so lo.

Only one Jeanine routine and at 79? wut? And damn, NappyTabs can't get no love around here.

Not bad. Interesting stuff, thought a little too much running and spinning for my taste. I think 80 and 79 are better. stuart.gif

A tour de force from all involved. I liked it but I can't get behind it 100% like everybody else. Mostly because the choreo is so busy and so, to me, the routine represents the show's overall direction of favoring busy choreo over simple but brilliant stuff (like your #80) to its detriment (this routine aside).

Not bad. I don't get the hype around her from this routine but I didn't watch the season so I'm not an expert.

80. It's not low when you really think how many routines are performed each season and that I've taken 18 seasons into account here! That's probably close to 2000 routines!! I could easily have done a top 150 routines list and still loved every single one!

79. It upsets me that I can't put more of her routines on here. The Four Sections was very close to making it though!

78. Fair point!

77. I'm not a huge fan of busy routines myself, but I think intricate is a better word to describe this.

76. Is there hype around here for this? unsure.gif If there is, I'll be very happy, but the general consensus on this is that it's bland sad.gif

QUOTE(Jess @ Dec 26th 2011, 8:41 PM) *

"Dancing" has faded for me over the years. ph34rwave.gif It's still good though. One of the classics from US3.

"Mad" is good, but I prefer "Love Lockdown". kiss.gif

"Furious Angels" is one of the best of AU3! I think I ranked it #2 or #3 on my season list.

"Shirk" was amazing. One of my favorites from both dancers.

I remember liking "Wake Up Alone". I need to watch the season again though.

It faded for me a couple of times as well (mainly thanks to me overwatching it), but after a break, I'm back on it now!

I find Love Lockdown really overrated if I'm honest fear.gif

It wouldn't be quite so high for me, but it is one of the best for sure!!

Same!

original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Funny_Sunshine
post Dec 26th 2011, 8:56 PM
Post #29

Fav. SYTYCD4: Mark Kanemura
Fav. SYTYCDA2: Talia Fowler
Fav. SYTYCD10: Paul Karmiryan

Dancing - I didn't remember it, but it's a really good routine.

Mad - I really like that routine. In fact, I love most of NappyTabs routines fear.gif .

Furious Angels - I really liked that routine grin.gif .

Shirk - It was really good, but not memorable enough for me.

Wake Up Alone - I wasn't a big fan of it.

--------------------

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

SYTYCD S10: Amy, Hayley, Paul, Makenzie, Fik-Shun, Brittany, Alan, Alexis, Mariah, Carlos...
+Quote Post
HeckYeahSYTYCD
post Dec 26th 2011, 8:57 PM
Post #30

QUOTE(*Wallace @ Dec 26th 2011, 10:03 PM) *

Oooh I love this dance. SOO good. wub.gif Only time I ever really loved Kameron in a dance and Lacey was fantastic of course.

Only one Jeanine appearance? crying.gif I DO NOT APPROVE. crying.gif Anyway, I love this and thought this was fantastic. heart.gif Although Imma echo Jess and say I prefer "Love Lockdown."

I really liked this routine a lot. They did a great job with this but didn't LOVE it.

Absolutely gorgeous and loved this sooo very much! wub.gif

I really liked this but forgot about it a few weeks later. Both danced this really well but not that memorable.

80. Kameron was fine in this I guess. Probably his best performance... The poor guy was pretty much doomed to be forgotten with no pre-live show pimping and an exuberant partner like Lacey haha.gif

79. If this were a solos list, she'd be all over my top 20, but they were her shining point for me. Her routines were a little... eh for the most part brokenheart.gif

78. Well at least you like it grin.gif

77. Yay! w00t.gif

76. That's what most people seem to think sad.gif I don't know why I love it so much really, although I think it's th e music. I'm not much of an Amy Winehouse fan, but her voice gives contemporary routines such an amazing feel. I hope to see more dances with her music next year.

QUOTE(Erestor @ Dec 26th 2011, 10:06 PM) *

This routine is just stunning. One of my favorite Mia choreos for sure. One of my faves of S3 too.

Eh I wasn't too crazy about it. I preferred "Love Lockdown".

Loved this. omg.gif One of my faves of the season. Just SO good. I love me some dark and intense Contemps. heart.gif It's their best routine imo.

FLOVE this routine! wub.gif There was just something really special about it that grabbed my attention. And the fact that LoFro was a f*cking perfection in it helps too.

Eh this was alright. I barely even remember it. It's my least favorite Contemps of all Jordan's.

80. Samesies grin.gif Looking at my list now, it's actually my favourite of her couple dances! Although there are a few of group numbers I prefer!

79. I don't get that routine's appeal fear.gif

78. Agreed!!

77. I agree, although of course I wouldn't be quite so effusive about LoHo myself!! haha.gif

76. sad.gif Everyone seems to be on the same page with this one...

Clues for #75-71: sorcerer.gif
75. Contemporary, US8
74. Contemporary, US8, Dee Caspary
73. Hip-Hop (inc. lyrical), AU2
72. Contemporary, AU2
71. Contemporary, AU2

I'd give more choreographers' names, but they'd just give it away completely pinch.gif shifty.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
sytycdfan123
post Dec 26th 2011, 9:11 PM
Post #31

Fav. SYTYCD7: Lauren Froderman
Fav. SYTYCD9: Witney Carson

QUOTE(HeckYeahSYTYCD @ Dec 26th 2011, 9:47 PM) *

I never found it boring, I actually felt the choreography was really ugly. Lacey seems like your type, so I'm not surprised haha.gif

I Know! Lacey may now be one of my favorite dancers of all time which really surprised me since I didn't care about her in season 3.

As for the clues:

75. Contemporary, US8- Melanie and Neil's
74. Contemporary, US8, Dee Caspary Ricky and Jaimie's
73. Hip-Hop (inc. lyrical), AU2 Talia and BJ's? I know you love Talia so maybe this is on here happy.gif
72. Contemporary, AU2 One of Penny and Charlie's? unsure.gif
71. Contemporary, AU2 Talia and Charlie's?

--------------------
IPB Image
Cody/Witney, Charlie/Sharna, Amy/Derek, Candace/Mark, James/Peta, Meryl/Maks Credit:Jess
+Quote Post
buffmetube
post Dec 26th 2011, 9:12 PM
Post #32

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

YAY!!!! w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif I will follow/catch-up as soon as I am not working on my redux. Which is like never. wacko.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
SYTYCD AU4: Patric. Nadiah. Sam. Jordan. Eden. Michael. Yukino. Jay
+Quote Post
stardoll9
post Dec 27th 2011, 3:44 AM
Post #33

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. XFAU4: Samantha Jade

Can I follow??? sad.gif

--------------------
My New Lists SYTYCD :: DWTS :: TBL :: XFAU :: AGT
IPB Image
XFAU5
:: Third D3gree. JTR. Taylor. Cat. Joelle. Jiordan. Jai. Dami.
+Quote Post
Densu
post Dec 27th 2011, 3:54 AM
Post #34

Fav. Person: Naya Rivera

80. DANCING - I would've placed this much higher. WHAT A SHOCK. giggle.gif

79. MAD - I loved it.

78. FURIOUS ANGELS - I didn't like it at first, but it eventually grew on me. Probably their best dance together.

77. SHIRK - It was like a breath of fresh air. heart.gif Fantastic.

76. WAKE UP ALONE - I find this routine boring. And you know I'm self-proclaimed Jordan's biggest fan on this board.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
HeckYeahSYTYCD
post Dec 27th 2011, 8:23 AM
Post #35

QUOTE(Funny_Sunshine @ Dec 27th 2011, 1:56 AM) *

Dancing - I didn't remember it, but it's a really good routine.

Mad - I really like that routine. In fact, I love most of NappyTabs routines fear.gif .

Furious Angels - I really liked that routine grin.gif .

Shirk - It was really good, but not memorable enough for me.

Wake Up Alone - I wasn't a big fan of it.

It is a good one yes.gif

Everyone's got to have a fan, even NappyTabs original.gif

Yay!

Aww shame sad.gif

Most people aren't sad.gif

QUOTE(sytycdfan123 @ Dec 27th 2011, 2:11 AM) *

75. Contemporary, US8- Melanie and Neil's
74. Contemporary, US8, Dee Caspary Ricky and Jaimie's
73. Hip-Hop (inc. lyrical), AU2 Talia and BJ's? I know you love Talia so maybe this is on here happy.gif
72. Contemporary, AU2 One of Penny and Charlie's? unsure.gif
71. Contemporary, AU2 Talia and Charlie's?

shifty.gif Good guesses!

QUOTE(buffmetube @ Dec 27th 2011, 2:12 AM) *

YAY!!!! w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif I will follow/catch-up as soon as I am not working on my redux. Which is like never. wacko.gif

w00t.gif Looking forward to your comments happy.gif

QUOTE(stardoll9 @ Dec 27th 2011, 8:44 AM) *

Can I follow??? sad.gif

Of course w00t.gif

QUOTE(Densu @ Dec 27th 2011, 8:54 AM) *

80. DANCING - I would've placed this much higher. WHAT A SHOCK. giggle.gif

79. MAD - I loved it.

78. FURIOUS ANGELS - I didn't like it at first, but it eventually grew on me. Probably their best dance together.

77. SHIRK - It was like a breath of fresh air. heart.gif Fantastic.

76. WAKE UP ALONE - I find this routine boring. And you know I'm self-proclaimed Jordan's biggest fan on this board.

haha.gif Thought as much!

w00t.gif

Glad it grew on you happy.gif

yes.gif

Aww, I thought if anyone on this board liked this routine as much as I did, it would be you sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SyracuseMug
post Dec 27th 2011, 9:50 AM
Post #36

Fav. SYTYCD3: Jaimie Goodwin
Fav. SYTYCD5: Janette Manrara
Fav. SYTYCD PO6: Ania Tarnowska

QUOTE(HeckYeahSYTYCD @ Dec 27th 2011, 8:23 AM) *

Aww, I thought if anyone on this board liked this routine as much as I did, it would be you sad.gif

I liked it. flowers.gif I even had it on my list. original.gif At least, I'm pretty sure I did. laughing.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
boogieshooz
post Dec 27th 2011, 12:24 PM
Post #37

Fav. SYTYCD6: Jakob Karr
Fav. SYTYCDNL: Lorenzo Bottazzi

heart.gif "Shirk"

--------------------
IPB Image
SYTYCDAU#PASH
+Quote Post
totes4totes
post Dec 27th 2011, 12:36 PM
Post #38

Fav. SYTYCDC2: Jayme Rae Dailey
Fav. Movie: Star Wars V

Dancing. I think I would have this higher because it has a lot of sentimental value for me. But I am not sure because I haven't made my list yet.
Mad. This is some of the best choreography that TabbyNaps has ever done. Not that that is saying much, but still. Phillip's popping really elevates the routine and Jeanine impressively holds her own against him.
Furious Angels. It is shocking how well these two came together to do a routine like this. And I think Sarah Boulter has way more hits than she does misses.
Shirk. OH GOD MARKO IS SHIRTLESS. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL ROUTINE.
Wake Up Alone. I like this a lot, but it isn't something I would consider a favorite.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
OB2 April 19
SYTYCD2013: Tamara Arruti, Jenna Johnson AU4: Yukino
+Quote Post
buffmetube
post Dec 27th 2011, 2:13 PM
Post #39

DANCING - Amazing.

MAD LOVE - Meh.

SHIRK - Marko danced like 100 Contemporaries, and this was my least fave.

WAKE UP ALONE - This was okay but it didn't really grab me.

--------------------
IPB Image
SYTYCD AU4: Patric. Nadiah. Sam. Jordan. Eden. Michael. Yukino. Jay
+Quote Post
totes4totes
post Dec 27th 2011, 2:14 PM
Post #40

Fav. SYTYCDC2: Jayme Rae Dailey
Fav. Movie: Star Wars V

QUOTE(buffmetube @ Dec 27th 2011, 1:13 PM) *

SHIRK - Marko danced like 100 Contemporaries, and this was my least fave.

It was automatically amazing because HE DID NOT HAVE A SHIRT.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
OB2 April 19
SYTYCD2013: Tamara Arruti, Jenna Johnson AU4: Yukino
+Quote Post

9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 24th 2014, 1:22 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol