Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

3 Pages V < 1 2 3   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> On My Way Episode Discussion, The Winter Finale
totes4totes
post Feb 22nd 2012, 4:15 PM
Post #41

Group: Members

Fav. SYTYCDA2: Talia Fowler
Fav. SYTYCDC2: Jayme Rae Dailey
Fav. Movie: Star Wars V

QUOTE(druth8x @ Feb 22nd 2012, 1:42 PM) *

Really they filmed that much extra material? And, Barbra Streisland actually has an underground mall? So, that's why the GLEE kids announced it? And wait what scenes were filmed there? I don't see any "mall" like scenes in this episode. Most of it was at the theater and all the audience knew of these performances. Unless they filmed 6 different Regional's.

I say 6 but I am pretty sure that they filmed a dummy episode for every real episode with dummy look a like actors. Also, all these are filmed in an underground location. I made a guess at Barbra Streisand's underground mall (which she really does have) because they alluded to it in Glee. I am pretty sure though that all the actors are kept locked up with only the bare essentials for survival at the island from Lost. Only RIB know how to get on and off the island. Thus ensuring that their secrets are safe for another episode/season of Glee.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
OB2 April 19
SYTYCD2013: Tamara Arruti, Jenna Johnson AU4: Yukino
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 22nd 2012, 4:15 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

MissXulia
post Feb 22nd 2012, 6:26 PM
Post #42

I still have to rewatch it and gather my overall thoughts about this episode, but I'll say one thing -- I love Kurt, and always have. His storyline has been fantastic and Chris Colfer is a great actor. But I don't agree with what he said, that Quinn couldn't possibly understand Karofksy's pain. Sure, she dealt with what she went through in a bad way, but she DID go through a lot. It's not anyone's place to tell another person that they don't understand suffering. Like Will said on the auditorium scene, everyone has a different sore spot. As much as I like Glee despite its overall inconsistencies, that kinda left a bad taste in my mouth.

--------------------
last.fm tumblr | Set by [x] [x]
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Feb 22nd 2012, 6:43 PM
Post #43

huh? kept locked away uhm no. They go to award shows. One of them, Darren Criss, went on tour with a Broadway play and the schedule was messed with b/c of that.

All in an unerground location. What's with all the spoilers and videos of real school shoots then?

Yeah Kurt was criticizing "Q" for the same thing he was doing to her. Double standard much?

I went through several suicide attempts, I'm still contemplating it to this day. I would never say that teen pregnancy was not as deep. Puck scoffing Mr. Schue for being suicidal over cheating/ dad find out is also very real an should not be taken lightly.

We are all different while some are trivial for one are not for another and vice versa. It doesn't make the trivial to you less real.

--------------------
+Quote Post
noise
post Feb 23rd 2012, 2:24 AM
Post #44

As I get why Kurt's comment was out of line, Quinn's comment was just as offensive. Im sure that a lot of people would react the way Kurt did, after hearing someone who he had been ignoring (whether it'd be a close friend, or not) just tried to kill themselves for being bullied about being gay, I can see why he would say something like that. Imagine just finding out your friend tried to kill themselves and someone said, "Thats so selfish!" Kurt was obviously in a bad place at the time, Im surprised he reacted so well, actually. I think it would be the kind of thing that Kurt would apologize for later on (although that most likely wont be able to happen now).

Also, not trying to start any fights here, but I don't understand why people are saying Glee is getting too dramatic. Glee is about kids in a high school, if its supposed to be somewhat realistic it has to include some issues that high school kids deal with everyday, or else everyone would be complaining about that. And, Im sorry, but did I miss something? Glee was always dramatic. In the first few episodes we have a pregnant teenager, cheating couples, a gay boy coming out to his father, and a wife who is faking a pregnancy. Is that not all considered drama? Plus, Glee always tackled the issue of bullying. Regardless of how well they displayed it, I think it was always their number one thing to push, so I don't see why a boy who is bullied for being gay attempting suicide is much different. No matter how dramatic Glee gets, they always have the drama and sadness mixed with humour. This episode was heartbreaking, and yet throughout it I was still laughing my ass off. I just don't understand some people, I don't think anything will make them happy.

--------------------
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Feb 23rd 2012, 2:43 AM
Post #45

I agree Kurt handled Quinn's hurtful comments very well.

Yes Glee has always been Drama way over comedy IMO.

--------------------
+Quote Post
brownies
post Feb 23rd 2012, 6:45 AM
Post #46

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Elise Testone

Kurt to me is annoying and preachy. thumbdown.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
Spencer Lloyd | Sam Woolf | Jess Meuse | Majesty Rose | Alex Preston
Ethan Harris | Briston Maroney | Casey Thrasher
+Quote Post
minime
post Feb 23rd 2012, 8:49 AM
Post #47

QUOTE(noise @ Feb 23rd 2012, 2:24 AM) *

Also, not trying to start any fights here, but I don't understand why people are saying Glee is getting too dramatic. Glee is about kids in a high school, if its supposed to be somewhat realistic it has to include some issues that high school kids deal with everyday, or else everyone would be complaining about that. And, Im sorry, but did I miss something? Glee was always dramatic. In the first few episodes we have a pregnant teenager, cheating couples, a gay boy coming out to his father, and a wife who is faking a pregnancy. Is that not all considered drama? Plus, Glee always tackled the issue of bullying. Regardless of how well they displayed it, I think it was always their number one thing to push, so I don't see why a boy who is bullied for being gay attempting suicide is much different. No matter how dramatic Glee gets, they always have the drama and sadness mixed with humour. This episode was heartbreaking, and yet throughout it I was still laughing my ass off. I just don't understand some people, I don't think anything will make them happy.

I think I'm the only one that said that it was too dramatic in this thread so I guess I'll explain my point of view.

While I agree that Glee as always been dramatic nothing was as intense as this week for me. In season 1, I always thought that Glee didn't take itself too seriously, so even if there was some drama they always manage to usually finish the episode on a good note*my memory can be fuzzy on this though). I mean Quinn's biggest problem at some point was being scared of getting stretch marks. Season 2 is when things started to change with the gay bullying and IMO they didn't quite handle it well with sending Kurt to Dalton where everything was magic. I understand why they wanted to talk about the topic because it is really important but they brushed it aside to me by sending Kurt to Dalton. Now this week felt really real by showing Karofsky. This scene could have happened off screen and we could have heard about it and the story would still have been there. But they choose to show it to us. The writers wanted to shock the viewers. And that scene to me was hard to watch because I did have problem with suicidal thoughts before. That's why I felt it was too dramatic. When I first started watching Glee I never thought we'll get a scene like that down the road. I thought they would go there during season 2 where Kurt could have thought about it and it would have made sense. This one just came out of left field. Some people loved the shock value, I didn't. And my biggest problem like I said, is that they are not equal with the seriousness of their storyline. Santana's outing was a-ok for everybody! It was for her own good that Finn outed her rolleyes.gif . But for Karofsky we get this?

I don't think it's a bad thing for glee to be serious but they need to find a good balance and stop favoring the guys. I would probably stop watching if they tackle this kind of stuff each week though, because I like feel good tv shows. They had a good dose of drama and comedy in season 1. I wish they could go back like that. Especially with the dark humour. They are missing this so much right now. And I personally like Kurt a lot more when he was sassy.

QUOTE(totes4totes @ Feb 22nd 2012, 4:15 PM) *

I say 6 but I am pretty sure that they filmed a dummy episode for every real episode with dummy look a like actors. Also, all these are filmed in an underground location. I made a guess at Barbra Streisand's underground mall (which she really does have) because they alluded to it in Glee. I am pretty sure though that all the actors are kept locked up with only the bare essentials for survival at the island from Lost. Only RIB know how to get on and off the island. Thus ensuring that their secrets are safe for another episode/season of Glee.

lmao.gif

This post has been edited by minime: Feb 23rd 2012, 9:52 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
totes4totes
post Feb 23rd 2012, 11:43 AM
Post #48

Fav. SYTYCDA2: Talia Fowler
Fav. SYTYCDC2: Jayme Rae Dailey
Fav. Movie: Star Wars V

Came to the realization right now (don't know why it took so long) but Glee is just Degrassi with music. And set in the US.

QUOTE(minime @ Feb 23rd 2012, 7:49 AM) *

And my biggest problem like I said, is that they are not equal with the seriousness of their storyline. Santana's outing was a-ok for everybody! It was for her own good that Finn outed her rolleyes.gif . But for Karofsky we get this?

That pissed me off too.

This post has been edited by totes4totes: Feb 23rd 2012, 11:42 AM

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
OB2 April 19
SYTYCD2013: Tamara Arruti, Jenna Johnson AU4: Yukino
+Quote Post
jstxanothrxstory
post Feb 23rd 2012, 2:24 PM
Post #49

QUOTE(totes4totes @ Feb 23rd 2012, 11:43 AM) *
Came to the realization right now (don't know why it took so long) but Glee is just Degrassi with music. And set in the US.
omg Degrassi is far superior even though I stopped watching it years ago. At least they had storylines that lasted throughout the 45234523 seasons.

--------------------
I Andrew. Last.fm. Lee-DeWyze.net. Twitter.
IPB Image
AI: Jess. Caleb. Sam. Alex. Jena. SYTYCDA: Jay. Zoey. Sam. Eden.
+Quote Post
i heart you x3
post Feb 23rd 2012, 3:11 PM
Post #50

What happened to the scene where Quinn says "I'm not going to let you ruin your life by marrying Finn Hudson?"

--------------------
"don't you worry your pretty little mind. people throw rocks at things that shine & life
makes love look hard. the stakes are high, the water's rough, but this love is ours."
twitter.|personal tumblr.|pinterest.
+Quote Post
pnkrngrwnnb
post Feb 23rd 2012, 3:41 PM
Post #51

Fav. Fandom: Channel Awesome

QUOTE(totes4totes @ Feb 23rd 2012, 12:43 PM) *

Yeah and it's not even GOOD Degrassi. (That is to say, the classic, old-school, REALISTIC Degrassi)
There's so much hype, drama for the sake of drama, pettiness and cynicism. The show needs a dose of good old-fashioned fun, some realism (While keeping in mind, reality can be fairly bright and happy with a bit of faith, hope and love) and MUSIC. It needs to be about the music again.

QUOTE(i heart you x3 @ Feb 23rd 2012, 4:11 PM) *

What happened to the scene where Quinn says "I'm not going to let you ruin your life by marrying Finn Hudson?"

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering now too. ermm.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
minime
post Feb 23rd 2012, 3:38 PM
Post #52

QUOTE(i heart you x3 @ Feb 23rd 2012, 3:11 PM) *

It got cut for time. Apparently it's suppose to come out online at some point because the Faberry fans were pretty loud about it on twitter(they trended #DontCutFaberry happy.gif ).

--------------------
+Quote Post
FunkyFrankie
post Feb 27th 2012, 12:54 AM
Post #53

How funky do you want it?
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller

Oh wow @ this whole episode. omg.gif I expected a car crash just by how that scene was going but I didn't want to believe it, I kept thinking that OR, they get married and Quinn is the one that comes crashing in on it. Either way, it was an intense ending.

I LOVED the whole regionals show. New Directions and the Warblers were fantastic. and those were amazing songs.

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
you're always better off with a really good lie.
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Mar 14th 2012, 7:26 AM
Post #54

I thought we got that scene. Or has she said that so many times I got confused?

--------------------
+Quote Post
boogieshooz
post Apr 26th 2012, 9:39 AM
Post #55

Fav. SYTYCDC4: Melissa Mitro
Fav. SYTYCD6: Jakob Karr
Fav. SYTYCDNL: Lorenzo Bottazzi

QUOTE(totes4totes @ Feb 22nd 2012, 4:15 PM) *

roll.gif this whole conversation is cracking me up.

--------------------
IPB Image
SYTYCDAU#PASH
+Quote Post
kathydavid
post Apr 26th 2012, 2:54 PM
Post #56

Stronger was really great. I don't know how it keeps happening, but each new episode manages to top the songs from the last one. It's one of the things I like the most about this show.

--------------------
BB Chez FTW! IPB Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 17th 2014, 4:32 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol