Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V < 1 2   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is Adam being held to a higher standard than the others?, I think so and it's ticking me off!
exclusiveee
post Mar 1st 2009, 10:59 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

Fav. AI6: Blake Lewis
Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

i don't want to diss Von or anything but how can someone be a fan of that singing & his strange facial expressions during performances but then say Adam's vocals suck and that he is too dramatic.. this is one of the manyyyy things i can't understand this year.. and it just proves that these people have double standards and just simply don't know what the hell they're talking about so i just disregard it all thumbdown.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Mar 1st 2009, 10:59 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

kabuki
post Mar 1st 2009, 11:35 PM
Post #22

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI8: Allison Iraheta

QUOTE(exclusiveee @ Mar 1st 2009, 11:59 PM) *

i don't want to diss Von or anything but how can someone be a fan of that singing & his strange facial expressions during performances but then say Adam's vocals suck and that he is too dramatic.. this is one of the manyyyy things i can't understand this year.. and it just proves that these people have double standards and just simply don't know what the hell they're talking about so i just disregard it all thumbdown.gif

That makes me think of how someone called Adam the second coming of Sam Harris. I grew up in Japan, so I had no idea who Sam Harris was until I read that comment and followed the link, but I immediately thought of Von when I saw that, and not just because of the song choice. (Von has one of the better voices this season, I think, but buddy, take a deep breath. That last effort in Hollywood didn't impress me; he forced normal too much, if that makes sense. I wish him well this week.) Anyway, I do understand how Adam's expressions might be seen as theatrical by some (because that's what he's been trained to be, and he's now trying to train himself not to be (or so he implied by trying to listen to Kara's advice). It shows a lot of self-awareness that he is working on that right from the get go, right from the second performance of his first song. But his singing isn't theatrical. "Satisfaction" was certainly a throwback to the glam/golden days of rock, but that's a completely different ballpark from doing, I dunno... "Oklahoma!" haha.gif I honestly think people slap the "theatrical" label on him because he's a bigger presence than we're used to representing that Idol stage on our TV sets, and the largest portion of his musical experience thus far seems to have been in musical theater. It's the easiest label for anything big and bold from him. Of course, if he goes soft and quiet now, they'll cry "he's a poser!" rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Lamb Skank #287 || Honorary Skanks: Brian May. Slash. Robbie Williams. Billie Joe Armstrong. Babies on YouTube.
IPB Image
Also Honorary Lamb Skanks: Simon Cowell- He's somebody who should be selling records all over the world. He's that good.
Rob Sheffield- Give this man the word "wild," "burns" or "feelin'," and he will hand it back to you full of puncture wounds.
+Quote Post
MandaFromTampa
post Mar 1st 2009, 11:59 PM
Post #23

Fav. AI5: Ace Young
Fav. AI6: Blake Lewis
Fav. Idol Ever: Blake Lewis

I know, I don't get it either

And I don't understand when people say they don't understand him. It's like what is there to understand about him. He's a god damned good singer and he's a sexy beast. Enough said

And then he says that he whines too much which I don't understand because I kind of like how he sounds, he sounds like a rock star when he sings. Yeah like since when does everyone have to sing like everyone else on the show. Like really? Come on?.. Like everyone is going to sound the same?!

It's like they expect him to be David Cook or Kelly Clarkson 2.0 and what they are getting is only himself.

--------------------
IPB Image
8.21.08&11.17.08&1.31.09-Best Days EVER|"Our Relationship"WNA
Thanks Debbie9 for the avatar and Thanks Melissa for the siggy!
+Quote Post
confessa
post Mar 2nd 2009, 2:41 AM
Post #24

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta

Who needs soul? I want entertainment on AI and I certainly got that from Adam. wink.gif

--------------------
ღ Adam M. L. | Allison I. | David. A ღ Twitter ღ I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad ღ Finest selection
IPB Image
Signature by Kenny |IconIPB Image| IPB ImageKiss from a Rose ღ Pumpkin Pie ღ
+Quote Post
aliens-united
post Mar 2nd 2009, 6:17 AM
Post #25

Fav. AI9: Katie Stevens
Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. Artist:David Archuleta

QUOTE(popstitute @ Mar 2nd 2009, 12:59 AM) *

Agreed with everything in this post... i just feel like going "okay people, just admit you've got a weird irrational hate for Adam for some reason, or maybe he's just not your cup of tea and that's okay, but stop making up stuff".
lol exactly, wtf satisfaction is a performance song not a deep, emotional song. Adam understood this and that's why he performed the way he did. His almost-crotch grabs are enough emotional connection for me, bwahaha.

yes.gif devil.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Sig by BeckylovesDavid. Cheng fangirl <3
+Quote Post
ladidum
post Mar 2nd 2009, 10:46 AM
Post #26

QUOTE(kabuki @ Mar 1st 2009, 11:35 PM) *

I honestly think people slap the "theatrical" label on him because he's a bigger presence than we're used to representing that Idol stage on our TV sets, and the largest portion of his musical experience thus far seems to have been in musical theater.

yeah!!! i so agree with that! it's true that he has a bigger presence than what people are used to thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
confessa
post Mar 2nd 2009, 10:07 PM
Post #27

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta

Stage presence. OMG, when I watched Adam perform Satisfaction, the stage presence blew me away more than the song (this is no insult to his singing wink.gif )

--------------------
ღ Adam M. L. | Allison I. | David. A ღ Twitter ღ I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad ღ Finest selection
IPB Image
Signature by Kenny |IconIPB Image| IPB ImageKiss from a Rose ღ Pumpkin Pie ღ
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Dec 20th 2014, 9:36 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol