Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

10 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 10 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adam singing with ?, Rumored Collabs
sunrise123
post Feb 20th 2012, 3:32 PM
Post #141

Group: Members

BBC Radio1 (who have always scorned Adam) have already reported this:

Adam Lambert to perform with Queen at Sonisphere
Page last updated at 20:05 GMT, Monday, 20 February 2012
Adam Lambert is set to perform with Queen at the 2012 Sonisphere festival.

Lambert, who came second in the 2009 series of American Idol, will headline the Saturday evening with guitarist Brian May and drummer Roger Taylor.

Evanescence, Marilyn Manson, Cypress Hill, The Blackout and Faith No More have also been added to the line-up.

Kiss will headline the Friday evening at the festival, which takes place at Knebworth Park, Stevenage on 6-8 July.

Lambert last performed with Queen at the MTV Europe Music Awards in November.

Fans and critics reacted positively to the collaboration, which sparked rumours of more joint projects in the future.

Queen's former lead singer Freddie Mercury died in 1991.

'Worthy challenge'
Brian May said: "Judging by my incoming mail, this decision will make a lot of people very happy. It's a worthy challenge for us, and I'm sure Adam would meet with Freddie's approval."

Lambert added: "I'm completely in awe of the Queen phenomenon. The thought of sharing the stage for a full set is so beautifully surreal.

"I'm honoured to be able to pay my respects to Freddie's memory. He's a personal hero of mine and I am deeply grateful for the chance to sing such powerful music for fans of this legendary band."

Queen's final concert with Mercury was in Knebworth in 1986.

Other acts added to the Sonisphere line-up include The Darkness, Incubus, Refused, Ghost, Flogging Molly and musical comedian Tim Minchin.

bounce.gif bounce.gif bounce.gif bounce.gif bounce.gif bounce.gif

And this was the Headline:

NOT
Queen with AL or Queen featuring AL !!!!! but ADAM LAMBERT to perform ....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post has been edited by sunrise123: Feb 20th 2012, 3:44 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 20th 2012, 3:32 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

bebeg
post Feb 20th 2012, 3:40 PM
Post #142

IPB Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
sherrie
post Feb 20th 2012, 3:36 PM
Post #143

QUOTE(inverse @ Feb 20th 2012, 3:28 PM) *

is that his largest live in-person audience to date? (excluding TV viewership)

For some reason, I remember the Balloon Festival in Canada having a large crowd, maybe somewhere near this amount?

--------------------
+Quote Post
KYAA
post Feb 20th 2012, 3:42 PM
Post #144

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. Judge: Simon Cowell
Fav. Artist: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(sherrie @ Feb 20th 2012, 3:36 PM) *

For some reason, I remember the Balloon Festival in Canada having a large crowd, maybe somewhere near this amount?

What about Maxidrom ?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Mallun
post Feb 20th 2012, 3:52 PM
Post #145

QUOTE(inverse @ Feb 20th 2012, 3:28 PM) *

is that his largest live in-person audience to date? (excluding TV viewership)

Well, last year, 190,000 people attended the festival the three days combined. I guess the numbers should be somehow the same this year as well. So maybe there's around 65,000 people per day?

This post has been edited by Mallun: Feb 20th 2012, 3:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
inverse
post Feb 20th 2012, 3:54 PM
Post #146

QUOTE(sunrise123 @ Feb 20th 2012, 4:32 PM) *

And this was the Headline:

NOT
Queen with AL or Queen featuring AL !!!!! but ADAM LAMBERT to perform ....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wouldn't make too big of a deal about the fact that Adam was ~mentioned first~ in this particular headline. that's just opening a potential can of worms and will give people outside the fandom reason to dislike Adam's fans. makes us sound big-headed.

Queen is the big name in this case. Adam has the honor to stand beside them on stage. that is the testament to Adam's talent and 'star power'. not the arrangement of names in a headline.

sorry, it just worries me that potential/future Adam fans might be turned off by a fandom that dares to insinuate that Adam is doing QUEEN a favor. it reflects poorly on Adam (unfortunately).

flowers.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
jnmk
post Feb 20th 2012, 3:56 PM
Post #147

ALF members get exclusive access to tickets before they go on sale to the public!

PRESALE TICKETS FOR ADAM LAMBERT FAN CLUB MEMBERS STARTS TODAY AT 8PM GMT
http://www.adamlambertfans.com/news/63291

IPB Image

--------------------

IPB Image
+Quote Post
marlock276
post Feb 20th 2012, 3:58 PM
Post #148

QUOTE(inverse @ Feb 20th 2012, 4:54 PM) *

i wouldn't make too big of a deal about the fact that Adam was ~mentioned first~ in this particular headline. that's just opening a potential can of worms and will give people outside the fandom reason to dislike Adam's fans. makes us sound big-headed.

Queen is the big name in this case. Adam has the honor to stand beside them on stage. that is the testament to Adam's talent and 'star power'. not the arrangement of names in a headline.

sorry, it just worries me that potential/future Adam fans might be turned off by a fandom that dares to insinuate that Adam is doing QUEEN a favor. it reflects poorly on Adam (unfortunately).

flowers.gif

ITA!

--------------------
"Adam Lambert...the modern edgy artist with an old rock soul."~~Eddie Trunk, American music historian, radio personality, talk show host, and author
+Quote Post
sunrise123
post Feb 20th 2012, 4:07 PM
Post #149

QUOTE(inverse @ Feb 20th 2012, 3:54 PM) *

flowers.gif

I certainly wasn't insinuating that Adam is doing Queen a favour[u]. I was just trying to point out that it is EXTRAORDINARY for a UK radio station - PARTICULARLY RADIO 1 - to give Adam any nod WHATSOEVER!!!

Most people in the UK have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHO HE IS AT ALL. - Mostly because Radio 1 have given him NO SUPPORT at all, so it's fantastic that he has got such a great mention and we should all be very happy about that. There will be huge numbers of people griping that he isn't 1% as good as Freddie, Adam is just a tribute, covers singer - so we should MAKE THE MOST OF GOOD PUBLICITY.

I just picked up[ on the last 7 mins of Zane Lowe show on Radio1 ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT Adam and Sonishere. Zane is ULTRA COOL - basically asking who Adam was and what he did as he knew nothing about him - guy was saying glam - like MCR. Zane said that if he was good enough for Queen he must be good and how much respect other current musicians had for Brian May and Roger Taylor.

Also - who outside this thread will have any idea about my pathetic opinion!!!!!!! I just wanted to share something POSITIVE with my friends here.

--------------------
+Quote Post
inverse
post Feb 20th 2012, 4:33 PM
Post #150

^totally understand. it's all good. i understand your excitement.

you'd be surprised, though, how quickly and easily a couple of comments can spread throughout the web-o-sphere and be twisted into something dumb. things like that can so easily be misunderstood by 'outsiders'. it's like wildfire. happens all the time. i just felt the need to head it off at the pass in however small a capacity i can.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
marlock276
post Feb 20th 2012, 5:10 PM
Post #151

QUOTE(inverse @ Feb 20th 2012, 5:33 PM) *

^totally understand. it's all good. i understand your excitement.

you'd be surprised, though, how quickly and easily a couple of comments can spread throughout the web-o-sphere and be twisted into something dumb. things like that can so easily be misunderstood by 'outsiders'. it's like wildfire. happens all the time. i just felt the need to head it off at the pass in however small a capacity i can.

Sunrise, I know you were just sharing some positivity, and what cool news it is! I also understand where inverse is coming from. The haters will take ANY little crumb that would make Adam and/or his fans look bad and run with it.

--------------------
"Adam Lambert...the modern edgy artist with an old rock soul."~~Eddie Trunk, American music historian, radio personality, talk show host, and author
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 20th 2012, 6:08 PM
Post #152

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

Wonder if any site will stream the event.

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
jussayin
post Feb 23rd 2012, 5:47 PM
Post #153

Looky here......

“It was amazing to perform with [Queen] at the EMAs. Really, I am so honoured to be allowed to do that. It is something I’ve not even dared dream about, but we haven’t made any deals. Nobody can replace Freddie Mercury and I would never dare try. He was one of a kind. But it would be amazing to TOUR with his songs and we’ll probably try to do something about that in the future. But right now I want to make my own music”.

http://adaminradioland.wordpress.com/2012/...gazine-poplick/

[I assume this is the thread for non-Sonisphere Adam and Queen speculation. Being as there is no "Adam and Queen" thread. original.gif ]

--------------------
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Feb 23rd 2012, 6:04 PM
Post #154

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(jussayin @ Feb 23rd 2012, 5:47 PM) *

Looky here......
“It was amazing to perform with [Queen] at the EMAs. Really, I am so honoured to be allowed to do that. It is something I’ve not even dared dream about, but we haven’t made any deals. Nobody can replace Freddie Mercury and I would never dare try. He was one of a kind. But it would be amazing to TOUR with his songs and we’ll probably try to do something about that in the future. But right now I want to make my own music”.

http://adaminradioland.wordpress.com/2012/...gazine-poplick/
[I assume this is the thread for non-Sonisphere Adam and Queen speculation. Being as there is no "Adam and Queen" thread. original.gif ]

I am wishing for a few more Adam/Queen gigs !!!! Hoping Sonisphere is the tip of the Adam/Queen iceberg !!

--------------------
+Quote Post
jussayin
post Feb 23rd 2012, 6:30 PM
Post #155

QUOTE(Love2Lurk @ Feb 24th 2012, 12:04 PM) *

I am wishing for a few more Adam/Queen gigs !!!! Hoping Sonisphere is the tip of the Adam/Queen iceberg !!

At the very least, there will be "one or two" warm-up concerts in Moscow, according to Roger Taylor. And Adam's denials about the Olympics have been less than convincing. fear.gif

j/s

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 23rd 2012, 9:03 PM
Post #156

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

I can't wait to see Adam perform as ADAM. His OWN songs.

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Feb 23rd 2012, 9:26 PM
Post #157

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ Feb 23rd 2012, 9:03 PM) *

I can't wait to see Adam perform as ADAM. His OWN songs.

I have a feeling there are more festival type Adam events they haven't announced.....

There was a tweet from Tommy earlier ; that he was learning to play new Adam songs....

Sooo ...I think there are more Adam solo events coming soon-ish haha.gif

I would still like to see a few Adam/Queen events in the US.......I'm sure there won't be very many of them...

--------------------
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Feb 23rd 2012, 11:07 PM
Post #158

QUOTE(Love2Lurk @ Feb 23rd 2012, 9:26 PM) *

I have a feeling there are more festival type Adam events they haven't announced.....

There was a tweet from Tommy earlier ; that he was learning to play new Adam songs....

Sooo ...I think there are more Adam solo events coming soon-ish haha.gif
I would still like to see a few Adam/Queen events in the US.......I'm sure there won't be very many of them...

Tommy's tweet wasn't about him learning new songs. He re-tweeted someone else's tweet.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Feb 23rd 2012, 11:27 PM
Post #159

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(bebeg @ Feb 23rd 2012, 11:07 PM) *

Tommy's tweet wasn't about him learning new songs. He re-tweeted someone else's tweet.

A bass player...wasn't it ????

--------------------
+Quote Post
jussayin
post Feb 27th 2012, 2:58 PM
Post #160

citygirl36 "a series of shows"? "we r touring with"? http://www.music-news.com/ShowNews.asp?nIt...rII9GYg.twitter

j/s

This post has been edited by jussayin: Feb 27th 2012, 2:58 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Sep 20th 2014, 9:00 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol