Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> For all the new(ish) Adam fans - Please tell us your story!, How did Adam affect/change your life?
Kodinfire
post Aug 23rd 2010, 2:15 PM
Post #41

Group: Members

I've been a glambert for 2 and half months now, so I do consider myself a newish fan. Prepare for a longish entry. I'm a total diehard fan is an understatement. laughing.gif

Early June I was bored and I was looking for something that was edgy and entertaining. So I went youtubing or youtube window shopping. I heard this name "Adam Lambert" somewhere but I didn't know where I heard it from. So I typed it in and found the FYE music video. I thought it was sexy but it was generic huh.gif so I didn't bother with it for another 2 weeks or so, but I did download the song. I listened to it casually and I thought wow, these lyrics are very frisky, but it had such a powerful and (dominatrix) vibe that I kept listening to it. I couldn't stop listening to it (that's pop music) and I got hooked to the song.

I then wikied Adam Lambert and I found out that he was gay. Which didn't detract me from his work or style at all. If anything, it actually made it more interesting that somebody like him would be able to make it in the mainstream. I haven't been listening to mainstream for several years, mainly because I thought that it was all pretentious corporate crap and people who I feel are more product than artist and thus don't deserve their fame.

Then I looked up Adam Lambert on American Idol, and I saw his Black and White performance + the Judges reactions + the endearing Idol background story, and that was Hook, Line and Sinker for me. haha.gif I was phailing in front of the computer screen because that was the first time I saw him perform live, and he had such amazing stage presence! and his voice hit notes that were INSANE and I LOVED the part where he just runs up to the judge's faces and starts singing that he ain't afraid of anything and He looked so touched by the judges comments crying.gif and I'm so happy to see that somebody who's worked their a** off for the past 8 years finally get their break especially since they're so incredibly talented and superstar material! w00t.gif

... That was the point I stopped making sense and turned into a rambling fangirl incapable of conveying articulate and coherent speech. I could only squee and gush about Adam Lambert. laughing.gif People thought I was going crazy because English is supposed to be my best subject and I'm a straight A student. Thankfully this phase only lasted 2 weeks, or I'm pretty sure my brain would have exploded due to rabidness haha.gif I was pretty nuts. I promise I'm tame and levelheaded now though. thumbsup.gif I never even bothered with with american pop culture, I only cared about Japanese pop culture haha.gif But during that time it was crazy because NEVER have I ever been so obsessed with a celebrity, even more so an AMERICAN MAINSTREAM celebrity. I didn't know it would ever happen to me but it did, so now I can check off the "Severe Celebrity Worship" off of my crazy-things-that-youths-do list.

2 months later, I think I've seen every single Adam Lambert interview, appearance, news article, music vid, photo etc... I think I now know why I was so obsessed with him. I have tons of respect for him. Especially after how gracefully he handled the entire AMA "scandal". He's just someone who gets it and that's very rare these days in pop culture. Most celebs are in the fritz and I don't blame them, considering the ridiculous amount of public scrutiny and insanity they get. It's overwhelming and I now understand why Britney Spears went crazy. I got really pissed off at how much crap Lambert was getting from the entire ABC and AMA "scandal". But I also found it to be hysterical because it was so massively blown out of proportion and the new anchors/tabloids were so dense and didn't notice that.

No I do not wish that Lambert was straight. I see him as a role model, simply because his philosophy and style resonate very well with me.It's very similar to mine, except his is more well thought out, developed and expansive because he's an adult and I'm still a teen. I was also very precocious, showoffy, liked to dress up, liked to pose for photos and liked to perform and sing as an elementary school kid too. But it was something I gave up when I went into junior high because of self-conciousness, body image issues, bad skin with acne etc....(Kinda like Lambert in highschool LOL emotional eater). It was easy for me to make friends and I'm great with leadership and social events, but I felt that I was holding back a lot and selling myself short. Seeing Lambert where he is now gives me a feeling of self empowerment. I feel like I'm a lot more open-minded, less conservative (I was conservative in the first place cuz I was scared of being judged) and articulate after a summer of following Adam Lambert's work, interviews etc... I do things that come naturally to me now and it's liberating I tell ya!

Whew! That was long. Don't even get me started on his voice and performance style, fashion and I how I gleefully enjoy all his work etc... or else this post will never end. This story makes me sound extremely dedicated LOL, but it's true and that's why I posted it here. original.gif

Long Live King Glambert!

This post has been edited by Kodinfire: Aug 23rd 2010, 2:53 PM

--------------------
Anxiously waiting for Adam Lambert's 2nd album. It's going to be all sorts of AMAZING.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Aug 23rd 2010, 2:15 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

ssuussaann
post Aug 23rd 2010, 2:50 PM
Post #42

QUOTE(MeLainii @ May 31st 2010, 8:28 AM) *

so I guess I'am a Skank already because when I do something I love I do it wholeheartedly original.gif

ouw and is there an area for pictures from the user?? or shall we collect them here?? original.gif

I think you're a skank when dirty thoughts creep in...I don't know if doing anything else wholeheartedly cuts it shifty.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
BossLady
post Aug 23rd 2010, 3:13 PM
Post #43

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. Lauryn Hill and IndiaArie rock

QUOTE(Kodinfire @ Aug 23rd 2010, 3:15 PM) *

I've been a glambert for 2 and half months now, so I do consider myself a newish fan. Prepare for a longish entry. I'm a total diehard fan is an understatement. laughing.gif

Early June I was bored and I was looking for something that was edgy and entertaining. So I went youtubing or youtube window shopping. I heard this name "Adam Lambert" somewhere but I didn't know where I heard it from. So I typed it in and found the FYE music video. I thought it was sexy but it was generic huh.gif so I didn't bother with it for another 2 weeks or so, but I did download the song. I listened to it casually and I thought wow, these lyrics are very frisky, but it had such a powerful and (dominatrix) vibe that I kept listening to it. I couldn't stop listening to it (that's pop music) and I got hooked to the song.

I then wikied Adam Lambert and I found out that he was gay. Which didn't detract me from his work or style at all. If anything, it actually made it more interesting that somebody like him would be able to make it in the mainstream. I haven't been listening to mainstream for several years, mainly because I thought that it was all pretentious corporate crap and people who I feel are more product than artist and thus don't deserve their fame.

Then I looked up Adam Lambert on American Idol, and I saw his Black and White performance + the Judges reactions + the endearing Idol background story, and that was Hook, Line and Sinker for me. haha.gif I was phailing in front of the computer screen because that was the first time I saw him perform live, and he had such amazing stage presence! and his voice hit notes that were INSANE and I LOVED the part where he just runs up to the judge's faces and starts singing that he ain't afraid of anything and He looked so touched by the judges comments crying.gif and I'm so happy to see that somebody who's worked their a** off for the past 8 years finally get their break especially since they're so incredibly talented and superstar material! w00t.gif

... That was the point I stopped making sense and turned into a rambling fangirl incapable of conveying articulate and coherent speech. I could only squee and gush about Adam Lambert. laughing.gif People thought I was going crazy because English is supposed to be my best subject and I'm a straight A student. Thankfully this phase only lasted 2 weeks, or I'm pretty sure my brain would have exploded due to rabidness haha.gif I was pretty nuts. I promise I'm tame and levelheaded now though. thumbsup.gif I never even bothered with with american pop culture, I only cared about Japanese pop culture haha.gif But during that time it was crazy because NEVER have I ever been so obsessed with a celebrity, even more so an AMERICAN MAINSTREAM celebrity. I didn't know it would ever happen to me but it did, so now I can check off the "Severe Celebrity Worship" off of my crazy-things-that-youths-do list.

2 months later, I think I've seen every single Adam Lambert interview, appearance, news article, music vid, photo etc... I think I now know why I was so obsessed with him. I have tons of respect for him. Especially after how gracefully he handled the entire AMA "scandal". He's just someone who gets it and that's very rare these days in pop culture. Most celebs are in the fritz and I don't blame them, considering the ridiculous amount of public scrutiny and insanity they get. It's overwhelming and I now understand why Britney Spears went crazy. I got really pissed off at how much crap Lambert was getting from the entire ABC and AMA "scandal". But I also found it to be hysterical because it was so massively blown out of proportion and the new anchors/tabloids were so dense and didn't notice that.

No I do not wish that Lambert was straight. I see him as a role model, simply because his philosophy and style resonate very well with me.It's very similar to mine, except his is more well thought out, developed and expansive because he's an adult and I'm still a teen. I was also very precocious, showoffy, liked to dress up, liked to pose for photos and liked to perform and sing as an elementary school kid too. But it was something I gave up when I went into junior high because of self-conciousness, body image issues, bad skin with acne etc....(Kinda like Lambert in highschool LOL emotional eater). It was easy for me to make friends and I'm great with leadership and social events, but I felt that I was holding back a lot and selling myself short. Seeing Lambert where he is now gives me a feeling of self empowerment. I feel like I'm a lot more open-minded, less conservative (I was conservative in the first place cuz I was scared of being judged) and articulate after a summer of following Adam Lambert's work, interviews etc... I do things that come naturally to me now and it's liberating I tell ya!
Whew! That was long. Don't even get me started on his voice and performance style, fashion and I how I gleefully enjoy all his work etc... or else this post will never end. This story makes me sound extremely dedicated LOL, but it's true and that's why I posted it here. original.gif

Long Live King Glambert!

Aww, I loved reading your story! flowers.gif

--------------------
To be a poor man is hard, but to be a poor race in a land of dollars is the very bottom of hardships. -W.E.B. DuBois

Genius always finds itself a century too early. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bishop G, they told me I should come down cousin, but I flatly refuse I ain't dumb down nothing - Lupe Fiasco "Dumb It Down"

"Until all of us have made it, none of us have made it."- Dr. Rosemary Brown first black woman in Canada elected to public office
+Quote Post
glitterynfierce
post Aug 23rd 2010, 3:39 PM
Post #44

Kodinfire, that was beautifully written! clap.gif I'm so happy Adam has influenced you in such positive ways. huggy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Siggy by Debbie9
+Quote Post
MoreGlam
post Aug 23rd 2010, 4:27 PM
Post #45

QUOTE(Kodinfire @ Aug 23rd 2010, 3:15 PM) *

Long Live King Glambert!

Great story!! shocked.gif How did you manage to catch up on all videos, interviews, TV performances, ect. in only two months??

QUOTE(glitterynfierce @ Aug 23rd 2010, 4:39 PM) *

Kodinfire, that was beautifully written! clap.gif I'm so happy Adam has influenced you in such positive ways. huggy.gif

ITA!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kodinfire
post Aug 23rd 2010, 5:03 PM
Post #46

Thanks for all the responses! It's really sweet original.gif I managed to do so in 2 months cuz of summer vacation haha.gif

--------------------
Anxiously waiting for Adam Lambert's 2nd album. It's going to be all sorts of AMAZING.
+Quote Post
LovelyWolf
post Aug 24th 2010, 9:12 AM
Post #47

QUOTE(BossLady @ Aug 23rd 2010, 11:13 PM) *

Aww, I loved reading your story! flowers.gif
QUOTE(glitterynfierce @ Aug 23rd 2010, 11:39 PM) *

these comments. YES. flowers.gif

are you sure you want to die every other second? cuz that's one of the things that being a glambert is about icecream.gif

This post has been edited by LovelyWolf: Aug 24th 2010, 9:16 AM

--------------------
Adam Lambert: Because I will inevitably edit my posts at least once.
"Life without music would be a mistake.- Friedrich Nietzsche"
"Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul."
Skank #584 | My Blog | Twitter#1 | Twitter#2
Peace, Love, Hope,
Lexxa
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Mar 23rd 2011, 9:34 PM
Post #48

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

I have noticed in the last few months a lot of new members / delurkers at IDF.

We'd love to hear how you found Adam? Where did you hear about him first? When did you see/hear him perform for the first time?

We LOVE that stuff, so step up, peeps!!!!!

grin.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
donnamb
post Mar 23rd 2011, 9:41 PM
Post #49

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Mar 23rd 2011, 10:34 PM) *

I have noticed in the last few months a lot of new members / delurkers at IDF.

We'd love to hear how you found Adam? Where did you hear about him first? When did you see/hear him perform for the first time?

We LOVE that stuff, so step up, peeps!!!!!

grin.gif

what's your guideline for new members/delurkers?

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Mar 23rd 2011, 9:44 PM
Post #50

Group Icon

QUOTE(donnamb @ Mar 23rd 2011, 10:41 PM) *

what's your guideline for new members/delurkers?

Anybody who discovered Adam AFTER AI, I guess....

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Jkrutoo
post Mar 24th 2011, 12:26 PM
Post #51

Ok, I'll do this. Back in January, I was busy being all fangirl over Desmond Harrington. I decided to youtube the IIHY video, because I'd never seen it. I am a huge AI fan, but was only a mild Adam Lambert fan. Gay guys typically do nothing for me, and I was only mildly entertained by his music.

Well. The list of clips that came up when I searched for IIHY all mentioned Tommy Joe Ratliff. I figured this was a boyfriend of Adam's. Then, I clicked one of them and watched a vid. It was a fan vid of the many kisses. I replayed. And again. And again. The vid got serious mileage.

I became an Adam fan by-proxy. Tommy was my focus. Like I said, gay men just didn't do it for me. But over the next few months, Adam's magnetism just grew and grew.....to the point of fascination. I bought his album, listen to it EVERY DAY and I never miss an Adam or Tommy tweet now. And as much as I love Tommy, Adam's much more fascinating, perhaps because's there's more information to consume. So, I'm an official Glambert, to the point where I am now thinking "Desmond who?" wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Mar 24th 2011, 2:00 PM
Post #52

Group Icon

QUOTE(Jkrutoo @ Mar 24th 2011, 1:26 PM) *

Ok, I'll do this. Back in January, I was busy being all fangirl over Desmond Harrington. I decided to youtube the IIHY video, because I'd never seen it. I am a huge AI fan, but was only a mild Adam Lambert fan. Gay guys typically do nothing for me, and I was only mildly entertained by his music.

Well. The list of clips that came up when I searched for IIHY all mentioned Tommy Joe Ratliff. I figured this was a boyfriend of Adam's. Then, I clicked one of them and watched a vid. It was a fan vid of the many kisses. I replayed. And again. And again. The vid got serious mileage.

I became an Adam fan by-proxy. Tommy was my focus. Like I said, gay men just didn't do it for me. But over the next few months, Adam's magnetism just grew and grew.....to the point of fascination. I bought his album, listen to it EVERY DAY and I never miss an Adam or Tommy tweet now. And as much as I love Tommy, Adam's much more fascinating, perhaps because's there's more information to consume. So, I'm an official Glambert, to the point where I am now thinking "Desmond who?" wub.gif

I love your story! Adam will get ya... given half-a-chance!

icecream.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
aviddem
post Mar 24th 2011, 3:13 PM
Post #53

Fav. Idol: ADAM F. LAMBERT

clap.gif Madame clap.gif Excellent idea resurrecting this thread! C'mon newbies, tell us your stories!

I've been around here since the beginning, but I'll tell a story of a new fan I've been working on...

I have a sister who is a devout christian and only listens to christian radio. I gave all my sisters Adam's acoustic EP for Christmas, and this sister kind of wrinkled her nose a bit, and I could tell she was ready to be all judgemental (like some Christians tend to do angry.gif ). She never even opened it and a couple of weeks later she asked if I would mind if she gave it to our cousin who is a fan of Adams. I said sure, that's ok. blarg.gif

A few days later, I sent her a message on Facebook and embedded a youtube of Adam singing "The Prayer" by David Foster. She loved it and actually posted it on her wall, and said she might even open the acoustic CD and give it a listen. (I don't know if she actually has yet, but she did not give it away thumbsup.gif ). Fast forward a few weeks, and she, my mom and I were watching Idol, and this sister loved James Durbin's performance of You Got Another Thing Coming. She was in awe of James' wails, and I told her if you liked that, you're gonna LOVE this. I played Adam singing Born to be Wild on my laptop while she had on my earbuds, and you should have seen her face!!!! She was actually squealing and clapping towards the end, and I kept motioning shhhhh, he's not done yet, listen to that last vocal run.....I GOT HER!!! Rather, Adam got her!

She now wants to see all of Adam's AI performances so I used Madams's Treasure Chest of Links to burn the DVD (thanks Madame!) and she and my mom are going to watch this weekend. After that, I'm going to have her over for dinner and watch the Glam Nation DVD. I fully intend to distract her attention from the TV for the Fever kiss (I know, I know rolleyes.gif ...but baby steps, people!!!).

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Mar 24th 2011, 5:06 PM
Post #54

Group Icon

Good work, Aviddem!!!! One by one... one by one...

huggy.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
randomperson
post Mar 24th 2011, 6:51 PM
Post #55

Hello,

i've been lurking this forum for about a few weeks and this is my first post.

I became a fan (understatement) about lol 3 weeks ago!! I forgot exactly when because the last few weeks has been such a blur.

Now read through the whole thing because the first few sections aren't too pretty.

First, I do not like AI at all. I thought it was all a bunch of people oversinging karaoke and most of it makes my ears bleed. And most of the singers that AI produce sounds generic and lame. So when Adam was on, the clips they show of him on the news was all the part that he screamed and i rolled my eyes and was like "yep, another Idol hype, just a bunch of screams and no substance"

Then after all that was over and he released his first single i didn't like it at all, i'm like "so this is what all the hype was about?? this generic dance song that sounds like anyone could sing it...lame..." though I did DL the song because i thought it was catchy LOL. Same with WWFM, fine song but sounds like alot of stuff on the radio, ignored him ever since (Adam and Glamberts please forgive me!! ;_;)

Regarding his looks, i thought he looked cool and respected him for being different, but never thought he was that attractive, but this is just from short news clips (oh man how wrong was I??)

Then something happened, I forgot exactly what prompted me, but I was browsing through Youtube and somehow stumbled some of his youtube videos, I forgot which it was, was it an interview, IIHY video, unplugged live, i don't know, but I could not stop watching. I stayed up till 3 in the morning watching videos after videos of him! I dled the album and was like "OMG!! why didn't he released these as single?" I listened to it on my headphones all night long and was humming it for the next 3 weeks and still do now. I sing them in my car and almost drove off road a few times cos i was singing along too excited and eyes not paying attention. Here's what I remembered I saw the first few days:

his Iheartradio performances - OMG my mind was BLOWN!! I went from feeling incredibly happy from Fever and cried during Mad world

IIHY video - another OMG! moment. He looked sooo adorable and that second outfit with the hat is TO.DIE.FOR. I want it on me right now!!

All of his AI performances - just one OMG! moment after another. I'm like what's up with all the news and media talking about his screams when he only does it like half the time. When he sang the ballads I want to cry everytime.

His interviews - this is what got me up all night! I can't stop listening to him talk, he's such sooo intelligent and smart and such a good heart. I can't imagine anyone watch him talk and not be charmed by him. And the more I read about his life story, his struggles, and his philosophy, he slowly changed my life. I feel like he's my best friend and now any doubts I have about is gone. I love myself more, I love my family/friends more, and I don't remember ever being SOO happy non-stop. I walk around all day with a smile on face, and I think of him and I get the instant giggles. My coworkers are like "what drug are you on and where can I get some?" LOL, and it made them smile too. and this is all happening within 3 weeks. Yep, hard to imagine huh?

So throughout the last 3 weeks, my life changed somehow, I don't remember how it all started, but it's def. Adam doing it hahaha. He's now occupies most of days and sometimes I get worried that he's consuming so much of me and I'm starting to get a bit obsessive (I now own the deluxe digital album, tour edition of FYE, digital accoustic EP, hard copy of the EP on the way, both remixes EP, 300+ pics of him on my computer, and of course the GNT dvd, oh heck everything lol) btw, i'm still waiting for the accoustic CD and GNT DVD to arrive in the mail, waiting is torture!! But I realized how happy I've been in the past 3 weeks that being a bit obsessive is alright, it's just like finding a new hobby that you love, and Adam is my new hobby! Btw, I totally respect Adam as a HUMAN BEING and I'm happy if he's happy and I wish him the best in his career and personal life. These whole outtacontrol shipping thing I heard about makes me sad, so I guess i'm not THAT obsessive and crazy lol

OH WAIT I'm not done yet! Are you sick of me now? You'll love this actually. So I was watching his Idol perf. on my tv via youtube, and suddenly my mom ran up to my room and was like "WHO IS THAT???" I'm like Adam from Idol, and she's like "oh yeh, I heard about on the news" and she said the reason she ran to my room was because she heard the most beautiful voice coming from my room. We stayed in my room and watch all of his perf. together and his FYE stuff too and now she's addicted to him too. We discussed each performance...mother and daughter bonding time! The next few days she would come up to my room asking to see Adam again. Then she giggled and said she forgot being sad the past few days, Adam has made her so happy. My dad came in and was like 'what's going on? why aren't you in bed" lol he was jealous of this guy and my mom was like "it's okay he's gay!" We all had a good laugh. Btw, my mom been laid off and they're in the middle of fixing up the house so she's been stressed out alot, Adam helped her forget her stress, even for a little bit.

I've been lurking the forums and the blogs too and I'm very happy Adam has such dedicated and fun fans. Add me as one more person who will support him no matter what w00twave.gif

And I was really suprised at first to find out so many of his fans are older folks, I didn't think they would like him, but now I get it, just look at my mom LOL

My cousins love him too. They actually been fans of him since Idol but they never really talked about him much because they didn't think anyone else liked him (so sad) but when I told them I'm now obsessed with him they freaked out and was like "ME TOO!!" now we all like him and have so much fun discussing him, he really bonded us closer together!

The only thing i'm upset about is I missed his actual GNT no.gif crying.gif I'm so dissipointed in myself that it took me so long to realize I love him, I get so jealous of you guys. It seems everyone who went to see him went to at least 3+ shows lol. Oh well, hopefully we're all still around when he goes on tour again, I'll be first in line.

okay i guess i'm done peace out huggy.gif thanks for reading! keep spreading the love guys I'm sure there are plenty others like me and my mom. The thing with Adam is once you like him, you'll LOVE him and you can't unlike him, so his fans I believe will only get bigger not smaller, go Adam!!

Editing this: I love every song of Adam now!! FYE I actually LOOVE the Brad Walsh remix, it replaced the original for me. So much sexier, I felt dirty listening to it. and WWFM I love the acoustic and all his live performances of the song.

This post has been edited by randomperson: Mar 24th 2011, 6:54 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
sherrie
post Mar 24th 2011, 7:07 PM
Post #56

QUOTE(randomperson @ Mar 24th 2011, 6:51 PM) *

Hello,

I became a fan (understatement) about lol 3 weeks ago!! I forgot exactly when because the last few weeks has been such a blur.

Now read through the whole thing because the first few sections aren't too pretty.

First, I do not like AI at all. I thought it was all a bunch of people oversinging karaoke and most of it makes my ears bleed. And most of the singers that AI produce sounds generic and lame. So when Adam was on, the clips they show of him on the news was all the part that he screamed and i rolled my eyes and was like "yep, another Idol hype, just a bunch of screams and no substance"

Then after all that was over and he released his first single i didn't like it at all, i'm like "so this is what all the hype was about?? this generic dance song that sounds like anyone could sing it...lame..." though I did DL the song because i thought it was catchy LOL. Same with WWFM, fine song but sounds like alot of stuff on the radio, ignored him ever since (Adam and Glamberts please forgive me!! ;_;)

Regarding his looks, i thought he looked cool and respected him for being different, but never thought he was that attractive, but this is just from short news clips (oh man how wrong was I??)

Then something happened, I forgot exactly what prompted me, but I was browsing through Youtube and somehow stumbled some of his youtube videos, I forgot which it was, was it an interview, IIHY video, unplugged live, i don't know, but I could not stop watching. I stayed up till 3 in the morning watching videos after videos of him! I dled the album and was like "OMG!! why didn't he released these as single?" I listened to it on my headphones all night long and was humming it for the next 3 weeks and still do now. I sing them in my car and almost drove off road a few times cos i was singing along too excited and eyes not paying attention. Here's what I remembered I saw the first few days:

his Iheartradio performances - OMG my mind was BLOWN!! I went from feeling incredibly happy from Fever and cried during Mad world

IIHY video - another OMG! moment. He looked sooo adorable and that second outfit with the hat is TO.DIE.FOR. I want it on me right now!!

All of his AI performances - just one OMG! moment after another. I'm like what's up with all the news and media talking about his screams when he only does it like half the time. When he sang the ballads I want to cry everytime.

His interviews - this is what got me up all night! I can't stop listening to him talk, he's such sooo intelligent and smart and such a good heart. I can't imagine anyone watch him talk and not be charmed by him. And the more I read about his life story, his struggles, and his philosophy, he slowly changed my life. I feel like he's my best friend and now any doubts I have about is gone. I love myself more, I love my family/friends more, and I don't remember ever being SOO happy non-stop. I walk around all day with a smile on face, and I think of him and I get the instant giggles. My coworkers are like "what drug are you on and where can I get some?" LOL, and it made them smile too. and this is all happening within 3 weeks. Yep, hard to imagine huh?

So throughout the last 3 weeks, my life changed somehow, I don't remember how it all started, but it's def. Adam doing it hahaha. He's now occupies most of days and sometimes I get worried that he's consuming so much of me and I'm starting to get a bit obsessive (I now own the deluxe digital album, tour edition of FYE, digital accoustic EP, hard copy of the EP on the way, both remixes EP, 300+ pics of him on my computer, and of course the GNT dvd, oh heck everything lol) btw, i'm still waiting for the accoustic CD and GNT DVD to arrive in the mail, waiting is torture!! But I realized how happy I've been in the past 3 weeks that being a bit obsessive is alright, it's just like finding a new hobby that you love, and Adam is my new hobby! Btw, I totally respect Adam as a HUMAN BEING and I'm happy if he's happy and I wish him the best in his career and personal life. These whole outtacontrol shipping thing I heard about makes me sad, so I guess i'm not THAT obsessive and crazy lol

OH WAIT I'm not done yet! Are you sick of me now? You'll love this actually. So I was watching his Idol perf. on my tv via youtube, and suddenly my mom ran up to my room and was like "WHO IS THAT???" I'm like Adam from Idol, and she's like "oh yeh, I heard about on the news" and she said the reason she ran to my room was because she heard the most beautiful voice coming from my room. We stayed in my room and watch all of his perf. together and his FYE stuff too and now she's addicted to him too. We discussed each performance...mother and daughter bonding time! The next few days she would come up to my room asking to see Adam again. Then she giggled and said she forgot being sad the past few days, Adam has made her so happy. My dad came in and was like 'what's going on? why aren't you in bed" lol he was jealous of this guy and my mom was like "it's okay he's gay!" We all had a good laugh. Btw, my mom been laid off and they're in the middle of fixing up the house so she's been stressed out alot, Adam helped her forget her stress, even for a little bit.

I've been lurking the forums and the blogs too and I'm very happy Adam has such dedicated and fun fans. Add me as one more person who will support him no matter what w00twave.gif

And I was really suprised at first to find out so many of his fans are older folks, I didn't think they would like him, but now I get it, just look at my mom LOL

My cousins love him too. They actually been fans of him since Idol but they never really talked about him much because they didn't think anyone else liked him (so sad) but when I told them I'm now obsessed with him they freaked out and was like "ME TOO!!" now we all like him and have so much fun discussing him, he really bonded us closer together!

The only thing i'm upset about is I missed his actual GNT no.gif crying.gif I'm so dissipointed in myself that it took me so long to realize I love him, I get so jealous of you guys. It seems everyone who went to see him went to at least 3+ shows lol. Oh well, hopefully we're all still around when he goes on tour again, I'll be first in line.

okay i guess i'm done peace out huggy.gif thanks for reading! keep spreading the love guys I'm sure there are plenty others like me and my mom. The thing with Adam is once you like him, you'll LOVE him and you can't unlike him, so his fans I believe will only get bigger not smaller, go Adam!!

Editing this: I love every song of Adam now!! FYE I actually LOOVE the Brad Walsh remix, it replaced the original for me. So much sexier, I felt dirty listening to it. and WWFM I love the acoustic and all his live performances of the song.

Great story and I think what you said about the screaming performance clips is what the general public thinks of when they think of Adam....but as you discovered there is so much more to him. heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Mar 24th 2011, 7:16 PM
Post #57

Group Icon

Dear dear dear Randomperson! You brought tears of joy to my eyes reading your discovery voyage!

Adam's fans hail from all backgrounds, race, age and have their love of Adam to bond them together. You are now part of a worldwide devote happy Glamily.... and your mom too... and maybe your dad soon!

Don't fret about having missed the GNT. The DVD is awesome... but not quite up to seeing it live... but the thing is that as amazing as the journey has been so far, it has only just begun... So you are in the right place at the right time.

Welcome to our midst. Best buckle up! We're in for a wild ride with Adam as the driver!!!!

huggy.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
islandgirljams
post Mar 24th 2011, 8:41 PM
Post #58

QUOTE(randomperson @ Mar 24th 2011, 5:51 PM) *

Hello,

OMG, you just brought tears to my eyes and a hugeeeeee smile to my face.
Your reaction is just exactly what i always think, that given a chance to really listen to Adam, not just his amazing voice, but his gentle, intelligent soul - nobody would be immune.

Welcome hon !! huggy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tiki'srose
post Mar 26th 2011, 10:49 AM
Post #59

First I would like to say...Welcome to all the Newbies. huggy.gif

Your stories are very personal and wonderful to read. So glad that you decided to delurk and join us. grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tiki'srose
post Mar 26th 2011, 10:57 AM
Post #60

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Mar 23rd 2011, 10:44 PM) *

Anybody who discovered Adam AFTER AI, I guess....

Madam I think it should also include anyone who fell in love with Adam on AI too as I am sure there are many lurkers still out there who have followed this board more or less from the beginning, but are still unsure about de-lurking and coming on board. original.gif

It took me over a year to get my confidence up enough to delurk, and I am so glad that I did. I have enjoyed every minute of being here, so lurkers don't be afraid to delurk just take the plunge like I did and join this Glamily family. grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Nov 1st 2014, 9:02 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol