Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

135 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Megan's SYTYCD Lists, Lists and such
totes4totes
post Nov 17th 2010, 10:41 PM
Post #161

Group: Members

Fav. SYTYCDA2: Talia Fowler
Fav. SYTYCDC2: Jayme Rae Dailey
Fav. Movie: Star Wars V

QUOTE(CatsRock41098 @ Nov 17th 2010, 2:31 PM) *

Yay for me getting almost every single one of your pop jazzes right.

5. I love this. I thought Caitlin was great, actually. And I wish Brian Friedman would come back. He's a genius.
4. This was pretty good. I thought Lauren wasn't all that connected to Ade or the dance, but it was good.
3. I loved this. Jeanine and Brandon are beasts.
2. This was so great.
1. This wasn't my favorite. I liked the creep factor in it, but I didn't think there would be a lot of dancing. But I knew this would be your number 1.

Haha, yeah. Pop jazzes were pretty easy.

5. BFRIED SHOULD TOTES COME BACK. As a choreographer and a judge (because they should also bring back rotating panel)
4. I think she was connected to the dance. But I don't necessarily think her character required her to be connected to Ade
3. They are beasts. No other two could have done it that season.
2. Yes.
1. I think you and I have different definitions of dancing. And it was my number one for a multitude of reasons. But to this day I think it is one of my favorite overall routines.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right. Jonas 1998 - 2014
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Nov 17th 2010, 10:41 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

totes4totes
post Nov 17th 2010, 11:12 PM
Post #162

Top 5 Lyrical Jazzes

IPB Image
5. "It Must Have Been Love"
Choreographer: Mandy Moore
Dancers: Russell Ferguson and Mollee Gray
This was nice. Pretty bland. Danced by Russell who had more stage presence than pretty bland Mollee. It makes the list because there are quite few lyrical jazzes. And it's pretty.

IPB Image
4. "Angel Standing By"
Choreographer: Sonya Tayeh
Dancers: Russell Ferguson and Ashleigh Di Lello
This was essentially Russell's dance with some Ashleigh in it. I mean really, the choreography totally eclipses her and focuses on him. There is some really interesting movement on Russell's part that I really enjoy. But there are literally sections where Ashleigh kind of just stands around while Russell is doing something awesome.

IPB Image
3. "Time Flies"
Dancers: Jakob Karr and Ashleigh Di Lello
I really like this. I think both dancers did well, and the routine is quite pretty. I already said some about this so I will refrain from reiterating.

IPB Image
2. "Alone"
Dancers: Will Wingfield and Jessica King
So I think this is one of Mandy Moore's best pieces. Not at the apex (which would probably be Sweet Dreams) but pretty high. I think it helps that both Will and Jessica were capable dancers who were able to elevate the choreography. It also helps that Will is shirtless (also he is now in The LXD so my crush on him has been completely renewed with new fire) because he is totes attractive.

IPB Image
1. "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room"
Choreographer: Wade Robson
Dancers: Joshua Allen and Katee Shean
First off I hate the song. I hate JMay and I hate the song. But the routine itself is beautiful. Joshua and Katee had really good chemistry so whatever dance they were in just tended to be elevated because of that, add in the factor of excellent Wade Robson choreography and I was sold pretty much after my first view. This was also the best dance of the week (it's funny how a lot of finale's have crap choreography).

--------------------
+Quote Post
totes4totes
post Nov 17th 2010, 11:22 PM
Post #163

Ranking the Afro-Jazzes

IPB Image
4. "The Drum"
Choreographer: Sean Cheesman
Dancers: Billy Bell and Jose Ruiz
This was okay. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't all that great. I think Billy was all kinds of awesome but Jose was lacking. I do think that both needed to dance with a lot more powerful and Jose needed more confidence and bravado.

IPB Image
3. "The Path"
Choreographer: Shean Cheesman!
Dancers: AdeChike Torbert and Lauren Gottlieb
I liked this a lot. I think it was danced well and the choreography was pretty good. It wasn't as good as it could have been but I still like it a lot.

IPB Image
2. "Norweg"
Choreographer: Sean Cheeman!!!
Dancers: Robert Roldan and Courtney Galiano
This was good. And the one time I think Robert wasn't outdanced by his partner (All-Star or not). I had high hopes for him after he danced this and he really failed to meet them. But this was really good, both Courtney and Robert got the spirit of the routine and performed it well.

IPB Image
1. "Frog Dance"
Choreographer: SEAN CHEESMAN!!!!!!
Dancers: Russell Ferguson and Noelle Marsh
Russell did better than Noelle but otherwise this was a fantastic piece. I think season 6 was unusually good for jazz and unusually not as good for contemporary and this piece goes into my argument. I love the choreography and I love both dancers. I think Noelle really danced this one with genuine emotion (I think as a default of her age and lack of experience she tended to put on a competition/pageant face).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lana3927
post Nov 18th 2010, 5:08 PM
Post #164

Pop Jazz: For some reason I'm not a big fan of this genre but I love your top two. heart.gif

Lyrical Jazz:
5. I actually like this a lot. I was expecting to hate it too haha.gif
4. I like this one too.
3. wub.gif One of my favorite pices from season six. Sonya can be realllly good choreographing this style.
2. Will. heart.gif I loved this. the choreography was really cool and they did do a really good job with it.
1. Yeah, it was definitely the best of the night, probably the only truely "finale-worthy" piece.

Afro-Jazz:
4. Meh.
3. This was okay, but I think the main problem for me was that AdeChike needed to loosen up a bit more. it was like he was almost there, but not quite.
2. I love this one! They surprised me a lot in this.
1. I agree with your top two. grin.gif Russell was pretty much made for this style and Noelle did really well, too.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
SYTYCD8: Miranda. Nick. Marko. Tadd. Ricky. Jess. Clarice.
SYTYCDCA4:Lindsay. Christian. AdamL. Jordan. Melissa. Carlena. Matt. Kevin
+Quote Post
CatsRock41098
post Nov 18th 2010, 7:14 PM
Post #165

Fav. SYTYCD5: Kayla Radomski
Fav. SYTYCD6: Kathryn McCormick
Fav. SYTYCD8: Caitlynn Lawson

There haven't been a lot of lyrical jazzes on the show. The only other ones I can think of are Caitlin and Jason and the on by Mia season 1 that both Ashle and Artem and Destini and Blake danced. What did you think of Caitlin and Jason's? I actually liked that one.

Lyrical jazz

5. I liked this. I thought it was really good.
4. I actually did think Ashleigh got to do some in this. Yes, Russell did more, but Ashleigh did a lot, too.
3. I never really liked this all that much, but it was pretty good.
2. This was awesome. I hated that they always gave Jessica such a rough time. She was great in this.
1. I actually like the song. And I love this.

Afro jazz

4. I thought Billy was fantastic in this, which is why I like it better than Adechike's.
3. I thought this was bland.
2. This was really good.
1. I really really liked this. But I thought a lot of the contemporaries that season were great.

--------------------
+Quote Post
totes4totes
post Nov 20th 2010, 3:15 AM
Post #166

First, as I started writing this, I started to switch up the order a bit than I had originally ranked.

Top 10 Jazz Routines

IPB Image
10. "Hide U"
Choreographer: Sean Cheesman
Dancers: Lauren Froderman and Ade Obayomi
This dance is just crazy cool. The choreography is incredibly intricate (the hand section comes to mind) and the lift was obviously difficult. But both Lauren and Ade pulled it off flawlessly (except for a slight bump with the lift, which I basically ignored because the hand section came right after). This is probably one of my favorite Sean Cheesman pieces who always comes up with something interesting. And I am really glad we got to see him do something besides Afro Jazz this season.

IPB Image
9. "Body Language"
Dancers: Pasha Kovalev and Sara Von Gillern
I think when Mandy Moore just wants to have fun and uses her more retro style of jazz her choreography tends to be better. Like there are three (or 4) routines of hers that I just really enjoy and think are a lot of fun. And this is one of them. I love the suspenders, I love Sara and Pasha, I love the movement and intricacies of the entire routine, and I like the non-serious tone. Pasha and Sara both pull this off very well, and they embody the characters given.

IPB Image
8. "Sweet Dreams"
Dancers: Neil Haskell and Sabra Johnson
Let me first start by saying that this, in my opinion, is the best routine of the season for both of these dancers. I think it helps that they were both better at performing than at technique because they were at similar levels for both. Anyway, sometimes Mandy lets a prop hinder her but in this routine the table was used effectively. Overall this was just a really good routine, I just liked 7 dances more than this.

IPB Image
7. "Boogie Shoes"
Dancers: Billy Bell and Lauren Froderman
Like I said previously, Mandy Moore is best when she decides to go retro and just have fun with it. And I will say that I love both the costumes and the song for this routine. And both dancers are really just getting into the groove and having fun with this routine. And that is so obvious when you watch it.

IPB Image
6. "Felt Mountain"
Dancers: Kupono Aweau and Ashley Valerio
Shock, surprise, I love this routine. That was said sarcastically by the way, because clearly, since this is a Wade routine, I love it. I think that sometimes you get so tired of watching just another jazz or contemporary or hip-hop about two people in love but for some reason there is conflict and it just has to be resolved in the two minutes of dancing that it is nice to just see "crash test dummy love." Anyway the choreo is awesome and both Kupono (whose only range was quirky contemp/jazz) and Ashley sold it.

IPB Image
5. "So Deep"
Dancers: Legacy Perez and Kathryn McCormick
I love this routine. I just think that it is some really cool choreography, set to a really cool song, danced really well. There really isn't much more to say.

IPB Image
4. "Koyal"
Dancers: Lacey Schwimmer and Sabra Johnson
This was such a beautiful and brilliant routine. And it happens to quite possibly be one of the greatest oversights of SYTYCD judging history. I think that the judges didn't get the routine (or didn't want to get it) and decided to flagellate it for that. Or they wanted a "sexy" or "cutesy" routine from the girls but instead they got this wonderfully mature piece. But everything just works. The way Sabra's moves are more timid and rough when compared to Lacey's to reflect the young fox character. The way the chemistry between the two just works at expressing the characters. And the expressions that they give throughout. The choreography is Wade so of course I think it is wonderful and brilliant.

IPB Image
3. "The Garden"
Dancers: Mark Kanemura and Courtney Galiano
I think that this is the routine that essentially started the Sonya Tayeh "brand" on SYTYCD. When I first saw it, the routine just instantly captivated me. I loved the song (and downloaded the entire album) and the choreography was just weird. It was different and cool. Like Sonya was hopped on shrooms and just went with it (not saying that she was, but sometimes Sonya choreography is what I imagine what would happen if somebody had a bad trip and decided to make a routine from it). In the competition, neither Mark nor Courtney had the best technical skills, but they compensated by having excellent performance skills. And I think this routine just works with their limited technique and their skill in performance because this is just excellent. Second favorite routine of season 4 fo sho.

IPB Image
2. "Ruby Blue"
Dancers: Brandon Bryant and Janette Manrara
This beat out "The Garden" by a smidge. For realz. I love this routine. It had two of my favorite dancers (and probably the most versatile and capable dancers of the season) and my favorite choreographer. It was just excellent.

IPB Image
1. "The Chairman's Waltz"
Dancers: Hok Konishi and Jaimie Goodwin
This is my favorite dance from SYTYCD from any incarnation ever. It is the one dance that I just think is perfect. The choreography is stunning and fits perfectly for both Hok and Jaimie. And this is the one time in the competition I really enjoyed/loved Jaimie and understood what her potential was. I had always loved Hok...Anyway, I think Hok as the bird and Jaimie as the flower just worked for the both of them and I don't think any other couple or pair of dancers could pull this off quite as well or as perfectly as these two.

Next are Argentine Tangos:
5. Season 3
4. Season 4
3. Season 4
2. Season 6
1. Season 5

And then Krump:
5. Season 7
4. Season 4
3. Season 3
2. Season 4
1. Season 3

--------------------
+Quote Post
totes4totes
post Nov 20th 2010, 3:21 AM
Post #167

QUOTE(CatsRock41098 @ Nov 18th 2010, 6:14 PM) *

There haven't been a lot of lyrical jazzes on the show. The only other ones I can think of are Caitlin and Jason and the on by Mia season 1 that both Ashle and Artem and Destini and Blake danced. What did you think of Caitlin and Jason's? I actually liked that one.

Lyrical jazz

4. I actually did think Ashleigh got to do some in this. Yes, Russell did more, but Ashleigh did a lot, too.
3. I never really liked this all that much, but it was pretty good.
2. This was awesome. I hated that they always gave Jessica such a rough time. She was great in this.

Afro jazz

4. I thought Billy was fantastic in this, which is why I like it better than Adechike's.
3. I thought this was bland.
2. This was really good.
1. I really really liked this. But I thought a lot of the contemporaries that season were great.

For Caitlin and Jason's I thought it had similar issues as the Mollee/Russell one: pretty but bland choreography with a lack of connection between the dancers.

4. Ashleigh did some, but the focus was on Russell.
3. As an Ashleigh fan I wasn't as fond of it, but as a Jakob fan I thought it was superb
2. Jessica was treated awfully because she was the scapegoat for Will's inability to connect with the audience. I happen to love this routine because of Jessica.

4. I don't know that Billy got the vibe enough. But he was good.
3. Eh. There are only 4. The lower two are almost indistinguishable in quality. I just happened to like AdeChike's a little more because AdeChike and Lauren were better combined than Jose and Billy.
2. I think this is the one time I wholeheartedly thought Robert deserved to stay into the next week.
1. The contemporaries were good, and the jazz was really good, but the hip-hop was really bad.

--------------------
+Quote Post
LuckWisher
post Nov 20th 2010, 3:21 AM
Post #168

10. LOVE THIS
09. that was okay
08. one of my fav routines
07. fun
06. i didn't get this
05. heart.gif
04. finally someone who likes this routine!
03. ♥♥♥♥♥♥
02. thats soo funn
01. LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!

tnago:
5. Sara and Danny
4.Mark and Chelsie
3. Joshua and Chelsie
2. Ryan and Ellenore
1. Janette and Brandon

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
TEAM BALLROOM <3
+Quote Post
Lana3927
post Nov 20th 2010, 5:01 PM
Post #169

10. I enjoyed this a lot. That hand section was so fierce!
9. wub.gif I love this dance so much. It was definitley one of Mandy's best and most memorable routines.
8. This is possibly my favorite out of the jazzes, and definitely one of my all-time favorite dances.
7. Such a "feel-good" routine. It was fun to watch, because like you said, they just had so much fun themselves.
6. This was a really cool routine. It took me a while to get in to it, but I love it now. Also, that dog still bewilders me...
5. I think I liked this.
4. I completely "got" the piece and thought the story came through perfectly. Also, the music went with everything perfectly. Definitely underrated.
3. Love this. I agree, this is where Sonya really made her mark on the SYTYCD stage.
2. This was really good, but I just like some of the others on this list more. Word to them being two of the most versatile dancers though. there wasn't anything that they really couldn't do.
1. This really is as close to perfection as any dance has come and Jaimie and Hok executed their parts so well.

AT's
5. Danny/Sara
4. Josh/Chelsie
3. Jessica/Will
2. Ellenore/Ryan? that's the only one I remember lol
1. Brandon/Janette

Krump
5. Billy/Twitch
4. Comfort/Chris?
3. Lauren/Dominic
2. Kherington/Twitch
1. Sara/Jesus

--------------------
+Quote Post
CatsRock41098
post Nov 20th 2010, 11:03 PM
Post #170

10. I love this routine! It's my favorite jazz season 7.
9. This was cute and all and I love the jazz hands. But like I always say, there wasn't a lot of technique.
8. This is Mandy's best routine ever. It's so good. And the performance was amazing.
7. I didn't like the costumes, but this was really cute.
6. I should have known you would have practically all of Wade's routines on your list. This is a really good Wade routine. It was quirky and had a lot of dancing.
5. I love this! This was probably my favorite season 6 jazz and Kathryn is fantastic.
4. I love this. This is the perfect mix of technique, character, and quirk.
3. I love this! Sonya is the best choreographer in my opinion.
2. Okay, you know how I feel about this, but I do love the character and quirk. Just wish it took more technique (I think what they did takes skill, not technique).
1. This is, I have to say, the best Wade jazz ever, and one of the best jazzes ever. Jaimie is so good. And Hok's moves were cool, too.

I'm surprised you didn't have Night of the Dancing Flame on here.

Argentine Tangos

5. Sara and Danny
4. Chelsie and Mark
3. Chelsie and Joshua
2. Ellenore and Ryan
1. Janette and Brandon

Krump

5. Billy and Comfort
As for the rest, I know Kherington and Twitch and Lauren and Dominic are there, I just don't know which ones they are because I'm don't know all the krumps.

--------------------
+Quote Post
totes4totes
post Nov 21st 2010, 12:35 AM
Post #171

QUOTE(LuckWisher @ Nov 20th 2010, 2:21 AM) *

06. i didn't get this
04. finally someone who likes this routine!
01. LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!

6. I am not sure that a lot of people did. But I liked it a lot and thought it was interesting.
4. I LOVE THIS ROUTINE. 4-2 were all about tied.
1. It's my favorite SYTYCD routine

QUOTE(Lana3927 @ Nov 20th 2010, 4:01 PM) *

9. wub.gif I love this dance so much. It was definitley one of Mandy's best and most memorable routines.
8. This is possibly my favorite out of the jazzes, and definitely one of my all-time favorite dances.
7. Such a "feel-good" routine. It was fun to watch, because like you said, they just had so much fun themselves.
6. This was a really cool routine. It took me a while to get in to it, but I love it now. Also, that dog still bewilders me...
4. I completely "got" the piece and thought the story came through perfectly. Also, the music went with everything perfectly. Definitely underrated.
2. This was really good, but I just like some of the others on this list more. Word to them being two of the most versatile dancers though. there wasn't anything that they really couldn't do.
1. This really is as close to perfection as any dance has come and Jaimie and Hok executed their parts so well.

9. Fo sho. Pasha and Sara are just a lot of fun.
8. I like it a lot. I just liked 7 others more...
7. I think it is the only dance to make me, with no dancing skill, get up and want to dance.
6. I thought the dog was oddly cute.
4. SO UNDERRATED. It's not even funny how much people dislike it.
3. They were my favorite pairing of the competition. Defs the two most versatile.
1. I thought that it was so perfectly tailored to Jaimie and Hok. They had a pretty mild run, but this was the highlight of the season.

QUOTE(CatsRock41098 @ Nov 20th 2010, 10:03 PM) *

7. I didn't like the costumes, but this was really cute.
6. I should have known you would have practically all of Wade's routines on your list. This is a really good Wade routine. It was quirky and had a lot of dancing.
5. I love this! This was probably my favorite season 6 jazz and Kathryn is fantastic.
3. I love this! Sonya is the best choreographer in my opinion.
1. This is, I have to say, the best Wade jazz ever, and one of the best jazzes ever. Jaimie is so good. And Hok's moves were cool, too.

I'm surprised you didn't have Night of the Dancing Flame on here.

7. It's funny that you didn't. Because this was the one time this season where I was just like "Wow the costumes really work for the number"
6. Yup. I am a huge Wade fan
5. Defs my favorite season 6 jazz.
3. I think that Sonya when given time can be excellent. But she (and other choreographers have the same problem) can do so much where it feels like it is just a retread (I am thinking all of season 5).
1. This is my favorite routine ever.

And I don't really like Night of the Dancing Flame. I think it is Wade's worst (and that it probably would have been better with the character roles switched).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lana3927
post Nov 21st 2010, 6:11 PM
Post #172

QUOTE(totes4totes @ Nov 21st 2010, 12:35 AM) *

9. Fo sho. Pasha and Sara are just a lot of fun.
8. I like it a lot. I just liked 7 others more...
7. I think it is the only dance to make me, with no dancing skill, get up and want to dance.
6. I thought the dog was oddly cute.
4. SO UNDERRATED. It's not even funny how much people dislike it.
3. They were my favorite pairing of the competition. Defs the two most versatile.
1. I thought that it was so perfectly tailored to Jaimie and Hok. They had a pretty mild run, but this was the highlight of the season.

9. They were such an unlikely pairing but the ended up complementing each other so well.
8. I understand yes.gif
7. laughing.gif It does make you want to get up and dance.
6. haha.gif It was the gliding around that got me.
4. Word. I don't get the hate at all.
3. yes.gif
1. Yeah. They had some really questionable choreography and some not so great dances so I'm glad they got on that everyone still talks about.

--------------------
+Quote Post
totes4totes
post Nov 22nd 2010, 4:24 PM
Post #173

Top 5 Argentine Tangos

IPB Image
Honorable Mention: "Oblivion"
Choreographers: Miriam Larici & Leonardo Barrionuevo
Dancers: Pasha Kovalev and Lauren Froderman
This just misses making the list proper. I think they had some intense chemistry and choreography. And their technique is good. Pasha is an excellent partner, and this is definitely one of the best ballrooms in what was a season lacking good ballroom routines.

IPB Image
5. "Whatever Lola Wants"
Choreographer: Alex Da Silva
Dancers: Danny Tidwell and Sara Von Gillern
Danny is, quite possibly, the most brilliant contemporary/ballet dancer to have been on SYTYCD. So it's funny, that in my opinion all of his best dances were Ballroom routines. And he danced it with Sara, who happens to be one of the most versatile female dancers to have been on the show, another one of my favorites. This is the strictest Argentine Tango, and Danny gets to do some ballet moves. But he is that good, and had earlier proved to do ballroom well, so I don't mind.

IPB Image
4. "A Los Amigos"
Choreographer: Dmitry Chaplin
Dancers: Joshua Allen and Chelsie Hightower
Argentine Tangos on the show have always been better than their standard counterpart. Oftentimes, I think Ballroom dancers are just praised on their excellent partnering skills, but typically they also have the ability to generate chemistry with pretty much anyone. This dance has excellent technique and fantastic chemistry (which is a must). Chelsie is stunningly fantastic, and Joshua is an excellent partner for her (and he is rather good himself).

IPB Image
3. "Mi Confesion"
Choreographer: Alex Da Silva
Dancers: Mark Kanemura and Chelsie Hightower
Mark is one of those dancers with an incredible transformative ability. He is part of what sold this routine for me. Chelsie is expectedly good, but I did not expect Mark to get into the character so easily. When Alex Da Silva choreographs salsa routines, he tends to make them way too tricky (as in there are many tricks) thankfully he tones that down when choreographing Argentine Tangos, because a big factor in the Argentine Tango is the chemistry, which can be hard to demonstrate when it is obvious each dancer is just preparing for tricks. Mark and Chelsie have excellent chemistry and technique. This is probably my favorite "Marksie" routine.

IPB Image
2. "Violentango"
Choreographer: Miriam Larici & Leonardo Barrionuevo
Dancers: Ryan Di Lello and Ellenore Scott
I've already talked about this dance. And there isn't much more to be said. The choreography is fantastic, their chemistry is fantastic, their technique is fantastic, overall the routine is just fantastic.

IPB Image
1. "Libertango"
Choreographer: Miriam Larici & Leonardo Barrionuevo
Dancers: Brandon Bryant and Janette Manrara
So before Season 5, Alex Da Silva was arrested, and we got the best trade up to ever occur as a result. Miriam and Leonardo became our new Argentine Tango choreographers, and everything they have touched has been magic. I've mentioned before that Brandon and Janette were easily the most versatile couple (and quite possibly the best dancers of the season). Take everything I have said about every tango that I have listed before this and apply it here. And then crank it up by like two notches. This is just a really good, crisp, clean, intense tango danced by the two most capable dancers of the season with excellent mind-boggling chemistry and technique.

--------------------
+Quote Post
CatsRock41098
post Nov 22nd 2010, 7:15 PM
Post #174

Honorable Mention-This was great, but there weren't as many of those kicks that argentine tangos have. But still, Lauren's great.
5. Sara was fantastic in this. It was annoying that Danny got to do pirouttes. The pretzel lift sequence was amazing.
4. Chelsie is so great.
3. Once again, Chelsie is great.
2. This was great, espeically since Ellenore got her skirt caught in her heel.
1. I agree. This is the best argentine tango ever on the show and one of the best ballrooms of all time.

What about Allison and Ivan's argentine tango? Or are you not doing seasons 1 and 2 for this?

--------------------
+Quote Post
totes4totes
post Nov 22nd 2010, 7:56 PM
Post #175

QUOTE(CatsRock41098 @ Nov 22nd 2010, 6:15 PM) *

What about Allison and Ivan's argentine tango? Or are you not doing seasons 1 and 2 for this?

Seasons 1 and 2 I've only seen once and parts of. So once I go through it all in order, I will probably update a lot of these lists. Except hip-hop, because I have watched all hip-hop from seasons 1 and 2

--------------------
+Quote Post
LuckWisher
post Nov 23rd 2010, 8:57 AM
Post #176

thie only thing I got wrong are the Chelsie tangos... but I really think that Joshuas tango was better ^^ Anyways I think Allivan's tangos are really good...You should go and watch them

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
TEAM BALLROOM <3
+Quote Post
totes4totes
post Nov 23rd 2010, 1:43 PM
Post #177

QUOTE(LuckWisher @ Nov 23rd 2010, 7:57 AM) *

thie only thing I got wrong are the Chelsie tangos... but I really think that Joshuas tango was better ^^ Anyways I think Allivan's tangos are really good...You should go and watch them

Haha, when I finally get around to watching them, I will probably have to expand the list to 10. The one I've seen I have really liked. So I need to get around to doing that.

Thank goodness for having an entire week off in honor of Thanksgiving.

--------------------
+Quote Post
totes4totes
post Nov 24th 2010, 12:08 AM
Post #178

Ranking the Krumps

Originally I was going to do top 5, but there have only been 7 krumps. So I will rank them all.

IPB Image
7. "Lost Boiz Anthem"
Dancers: Ryan Di Lello and Ellenore Scott
Choreographer: Lil C
Okay, so since the only real thing I have to say about this dance is that it's awful (they are off beat, and the choreography is bad), I am going to talk a little bit about krump on SYTYCD. It is consistently the worst style that is performed on the show. Or it has been since season 4. The problem with Krump is that it doesn't come off really all that well on TV. It has this aggression and an "in your face" kind of vibe that can't ever really be captured. And it really isn't supposed to be choreographed (like Russell's improvisation when his shoe fell off worked so well, because krump isn't choreographed and can and should be improvised). Anyway, you can do the moves, and you can do them right but if you can't catch the aggression the dance fails. And Lil' C doesn't water down krump at all when he choreographs. Which sucks for all the non-Krump dancers on SYTYCD.

IPB Image
6. "So U Think U Can Krump"
Dancers: Billy Bell and Comfort Fedoke
This dance convinced me 100% that the producers (NIGEL) hated Billy. WHY ELSE GIVE HIM KRUMP? Anyway the ONLY reason this ranks above Ellenore and Ryan (who were both very marginally better than Billy) is that Comfort is a beast. 4 realz. In fact I think I would enjoy seeing a Comfort/Russell/tWitch Krump combination. Because that would blow my freaking mind (they are really the only three dancers to have ever really danced krump to what it is supposed to be).

IPB Image
5. "I Get Money"
Dancers: Dominic Sandoval and Lauren Gottlieb
So originally I had this higher. But since I decided to rerank all the Krumps I moved it lower. Lauren was better than Dominic. Her moves were cleaner, sharper, harder, and more precise than Dom's who seemed sluggish and heavy. Though he had more swagger than Lauren by just a bit but she was just better (and I am not a Lauren fan). Overall this wasn't very good.

IPB Image
4. "Come and Get Me"
Dancers: Chris Jarosz and Comfort Fedoke
I expected Billy to at least be as good as Chris considering Chris wasn't as good as Billy and far more bland. But Chris wasn't disastrously awful as I expected him to be. He wasn't good. But he was on the low end of serviceable as long as you only looked at Comfort. Who is beasting in this once again. She dances down but still dances about 10 notches above Chris.

IPB Image
3. "Clap Back"
Dancers: Travis Wall and Martha Nichols
Okay so both are pretty decent in this routine. They both breach the good line. It isn't as good as it could have been, but for Top 18 week doing Krump it is pretty good. I mean neither is dreadfully awful (as it is with most of the others) and neither falls apart in the last 30 seconds (krump is pretty rigorous), neither outshines the other (although Martha is noticeably better). So yeah.

IPB Image
2. "2 Buck 4 TV"
Dancers: tWitch Boss and Kherington Payne
The best rule when watching a Krump on SYTYCD is to not look at the non-hip-hop partner at all. Like never. Because tWitch in this routine is doing the best krump that has been on the show. Kherington is doing one of the worst. It's because of tWitch that this routine gets second, and it is because of Kherington it didn't get first. tWitch legitimately has everything that is needed, and right from the start Kherington is just falling apart. She gets off beat and in the last 30 seconds she gives up. So just look at tWitch because he is murdering this routine.

IPB Image
1. "It's Okay (One Blood)"
Dancers: Jesus Solorio and Sara Von Gillern
First, how did Jesus get eliminated after this routine. I am appalled. Second, neither is as good as tWitch or Comfort, but are better than any other contestant that has danced the style. And collectively this is the best krump routine. Both are clean and precise with their movements; and they are capturing, to an extent, the controlled chaos needed for krump. This is really the only Krump routine on the US version that I like a lot. So yeah.

Next up are ranking the Top 20 from Season 5. Because I am now doing catch-up on season 2 I am rewriting the lists I haven't posted (mainly the ballroom ones, because seasons 1 and 2 had some good ballroom).

So hints:
20. Kitschy
19. Leg
18. Better in other styles
17. Quirky
16. Haiti

--------------------
+Quote Post
Mackadal
post Nov 25th 2010, 11:14 AM
Post #179

Fav. Ils Dansent:Nicholas

QUOTE(totes4totes @ Nov 24th 2010, 12:08 AM) *

So hints:
20. Kitschy
19. Leg
18. Better in other styles
17. Quirky
16. Haiti

20. No idea.
19. Jeanine? unsure.gif
18.Jonathan (so true)
17.Kupono
16. crying.gif I thought we were dancer soulmates! He was my season favourite!

--------------------
IPB Image
SYTYCD9: George,Dareian,Amelia,Cyrus,Will,Chehon,Janelle
+Quote Post
totes4totes
post Nov 25th 2010, 11:30 AM
Post #180

QUOTE(Mackadal @ Nov 25th 2010, 10:14 AM) *

16. crying.gif I thought we were dancer soulmates! He was my season favourite!

sad.gif In terms of ranking dancers I had to rank him that low because of his broadway. In terms of liking dancers he is way higher than some of the others I have higher.

Season 5 was hard because I liked so many dancers that didn't go very far.

--------------------
+Quote Post

135 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Dec 22nd 2014, 2:05 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol