Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

10490 Pages V « < 10318 10319 10320 10321 10322 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official Baseball Thread, Dude, we went FISHING. In CABO.
SpamGoddess
post Feb 26th 2012, 2:22 AM
Post #206381

Bet ya wish you hadn't asked for one now eh? yep
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. Sports Team: Atlanta Braves

Also joined the Fantasy League!

--------------------
[v.One True Love] :That's how I roll: [12.18.06/04.22.07/01.30.09/8.15.13] :Tumblr | Twitter:
IPB Image
[RIP, Gary. The RE misses you. ♥] :May the odds be ever in your favor:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 26th 2012, 2:22 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

carriefanforever
post Feb 26th 2012, 12:08 PM
Post #206382

Group: Members

Fav. AI8: Megan Joy and Kris Allen

One week from today I'll be watching live baseball. bye2.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
Jordan-N-Torifan
post Feb 26th 2012, 3:21 PM
Post #206383

Fav. AI7: Michael Johns
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Hollie Cavanagh

QUOTE(carriefanforever @ Feb 26th 2012, 11:08 AM) *

One week from today I'll be watching live baseball. bye2.gif

Jealous!

--------------------

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
RIP Cory Monteith. | My Disney Tumblr.
+Quote Post
RWG
post Feb 26th 2012, 4:08 PM
Post #206384

I'm going to join the fantasy league. I just need to remember my Yahoo ID.

Well-written article on Jose Molina and the Tampa Bay Rays:

PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. Jose Molina needed some time to himself. After a dozen seasons as a backup catcher, Molina is the new starter for the Tampa Bay Rays, and this was the morning of his first formal session with pitchers. His equipment had to fit just right, and he could not be interrupted.

Molina unzipped a large bag with wheels and removed a fresh chest protector and shinguards. With a pair of scissors, a roll of white athletic tape and a lighter, he began his alterations. As meticulous as a tailor, Molina snipped and sliced, using the flame to harden the edges of his straps, to prevent fraying.

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/26/sports/b...mp;ref=baseball

I wish there were a way we could have kept Jose around. Reliable catcher, timely hitter, solid team guy. Strikes me as the kind of guy a team needs down the bench for a lengthy playoff run.

--------------------
There are an awful lot of bubble reputations floating around that one wouldn't be doing one's job if one didn't itch to prick.

Canadians, sign here to keep Big Oil out of our parks!
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
DiAnAmItE4LiFe
post Feb 26th 2012, 6:13 PM
Post #206385

Fav. AI8: Matt Giraud
Fav. AI11: Elise Testone

Joined the fantasy league! Maybe I'll have better luck this year. giggle.gif

I didn't REALLY want to mention this, but I just feel like venting because I'm so shocked. I'm not gonna mention any names, so it should be okay. This guy at my church who I've always really liked has apparently been having an affair with the music director's wife. I would say they're both in their mid-late 20s. But I just can't believe it. If you knew them, you probably wouldn't either. I don't know the girl that well, but I remember being at band rehearsal several years ago and her husband was telling us that he proposed to her. She seems really sweet and they have a little girl that's probably only about 2. And I know the guy really well. I took a few guitar lessons from him back in high school and we always talk about the Braves and stuff. I actually saw him at one of the caravan things too... not sure if Sarah remembers him saying hey to me but yeah. I believe he was the music director for the youth or something like that. But he was fired. I just can't believe this coming from EITHER of them. Like, this is some scandalous stuff. I'm really sad about it but mostly just shocked still.

--------------------

IPB Image
Tumblr l Twitter l #JEAH l Sig: oxidol_2.0 | AI12: Burnell, Candice, Angie, Devin, Amber
+Quote Post
Jordan-N-Torifan
post Feb 26th 2012, 8:58 PM
Post #206386

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Feb 26th 2012, 5:13 PM) *

I didn't REALLY want to mention this, but I just feel like venting because I'm so shocked. I'm not gonna mention any names, so it should be okay. This guy at my church who I've always really liked has apparently been having an affair with the music director's wife. I would say they're both in their mid-late 20s. But I just can't believe it. If you knew them, you probably wouldn't either. I don't know the girl that well, but I remember being at band rehearsal several years ago and her husband was telling us that he proposed to her. She seems really sweet and they have a little girl that's probably only about 2. And I know the guy really well. I took a few guitar lessons from him back in high school and we always talk about the Braves and stuff. I actually saw him at one of the caravan things too... not sure if Sarah remembers him saying hey to me but yeah. I believe he was the music director for the youth or something like that. But he was fired. I just can't believe this coming from EITHER of them. Like, this is some scandalous stuff. I'm really sad about it but mostly just shocked still.

Wow. sad.gif I just don't understand how anyone could cheat. no.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jordan-N-Torifan
post Feb 26th 2012, 9:51 PM
Post #206387

RYANNNNN.
IPB Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
DiAnAmItE4LiFe
post Feb 26th 2012, 10:39 PM
Post #206388

QUOTE(Jordan-N-Torifan @ Feb 26th 2012, 8:58 PM) *

Wow. sad.gif I just don't understand how anyone could cheat. no.gif

Me neither, it doesn't make sense to me. And ESPECIALLY them. You think you know a person...

Apparently he's deleted/deactivated his Facebook/Twitter. Kinda worried about him, actually. I'm not sure about the girl because I wasn't friends with her on FB or anything.

--------------------

IPB Image
Tumblr l Twitter l #JEAH l Sig: oxidol_2.0 | AI12: Burnell, Candice, Angie, Devin, Amber
+Quote Post
carriefanforever
post Feb 27th 2012, 10:13 AM
Post #206389

I'm sorry, but how can anyone hate him? Because he dances on the mound? Great article.
Lakeland, Fla. -- When it's said of Jose Valverde that he brings it, more than velocity is brought.

Wherever he goes, there's noise.

What a good time the Tigers' closer has being the embodiment that he is, albeit large embodiment, of a player who has fun on the job.

As well as off the job.

"My boat, my ranch, I want noise everywhere," Valverde said Sunday outside the Tigers' clubhouse at Marchant Stadium. "To be so serious, you'd get old quickly. I don't want to be old."

So that bellowing you hear on the practice diamonds? Valverde's.

The kidding the media take about it being time for them to leave the clubhouse, as in, "Haven't you anything better to do? Media, go home." Valverde's.

You've seen his theatrics on the mound, or even on his way to the mound. You know he struts and jumps, points and pumps.

Other ballclubs have taken offense at times. But there seems to be less offense taken as the saves go by. They know Valverde means no harm.

Plus, by now, they know him. And to know him is to know his personality.

And to know his personality is to know there is nothing low key about Papa Grande, nothing quiet, nothing even close to quiet except for the way he speaks about his affection for his family, including his mother.

"The best mother I have," he once said of her his way of simply saying, "My Mom's the best Mom."

Good son that he is, Valverde, 33, once used an off-day to fly all the way to Miami from Detroit to take his mother out for dinner after having a game scheduled on Mother's Day.

He's a caring person when it comes to family, a serious person when it comes to facing hitters.

However ..."Have you seen the crazy pitcher?" Haven Fielder, one of Prince Fielder's sons, asked an onlooker on Sunday while the Tigers worked out.

The crazy pitcher?

Two guesses weren't needed as to which pitcher he meant, because even Valverde can't deny his reputation has preceded him about as far as it can.

Is it crazy, though, that he likes to flick the clubhouse lights on and off? Not to the Tigers it isn't. It's become normal.

"Valverde," said Alex Avila, not even having to look to see who was doing it.

Is it crazy that when manager Jim Leyland called Valverde into his office to say hello to visiting Tony La Russa, the closer grabbed his equipment bag as if he'd been traded?

"Bye, guys," he said to nearby teammates. "I've been traded to the Yankees."

There were two reasons his teammates didn't take such talk seriously, though.

The first was the source.

On the mound, Valverde is to be taken seriously. He earned 49 saves in 49 save situations last year for the Tigers. You better believe he's taken seriously.

Off the mound? No chance.

The second reason eyebrows weren't raised when Valverde started saying good-bye was the certainty that after the season he had last year, he is staying put.

Nobody knows what Valverde's encore is going to be this season, but the Tigers are eager to find out.

So the pitcher who goes through "Y-M-C-A" gyrations while stretching before workouts at spring training is the truer Valverde than the pitcher feigning farewell about being traded.

And the pitcher who makes the most noise off the field is merely himself on it especially at spring training.

[sie=4]"He loves to play, loves to pitch," Leyland said. "He has one of those personalities that makes you happy."[/size]

But makes you jump, too.

Because Valverde also has been known to creep up behind people reporters included and yell "boo."

What player would do such a thing? No need to ask.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SpamGoddess
post Feb 27th 2012, 11:24 AM
Post #206390

Bet ya wish you hadn't asked for one now eh? yep
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. Sports Team: Atlanta Braves

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Feb 26th 2012, 6:13 PM) *

omg whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. shocked.gif That's insane, and always incredibly shocking. Especially when it's a church environment? haha.gif Do you know how it was found out (sry, I'm nosy)? And I do remember him (I guess? haha.gif ) saying hi to you at one of the Caravans!

--------------------
[v.One True Love] :That's how I roll: [12.18.06/04.22.07/01.30.09/8.15.13] :Tumblr | Twitter:
IPB Image
[RIP, Gary. The RE misses you. ♥] :May the odds be ever in your favor:
+Quote Post
LuvGrowsWhereMorganGoes
post Feb 27th 2012, 4:39 PM
Post #206391

That's Tawny Burke to you!

Fav. AI1: R.J. Helton
Fav. AI6: Chris Sligh
Fav. AI7: David Archuleta

5 days til fanfest spaz.gif
8 days the the Marlins/UM game spaz.gif

--------------------
Braves-Marlins-Rays- Heat- Dolphins
+Quote Post
LuvGrowsWhereMorganGoes
post Feb 27th 2012, 5:11 PM
Post #206392

[quote name='RWG' date='Feb 23rd 2012, 1:45 AM' post='24761823']
JP Arencibia gets a tougher go than most baseball players in Toronto do. On the radio, Bob McCown says he needs to eclipse what he did last year (his rookie year, for crying out loud) offensively and continue to improve defensively to avoid being traded. We have a catching stud in AAA, but still. Tough crowd.

Whom do people consider the best active managers? I'd say Mike Scioscia, Charlie Manuel, Joe Maddon, Ron Gardenhire, and Jim Leyland. All but Manuel and Leyland should be around a while. I also liked Bruce Bochy's "the hottest guys going right now bat--period" approach during the Giants' 2011 World Series win. You'd think that would be the rational way to coach in every sport, but it's not.[/quote]

sad.gif Not fair to JP!

I agree with those minus Manuel, not because he coaches the Phillies but I feel like he has been lucky based on the players he has had on his roster.

BTW, I love reading your posts, you put a lot of thought into them happy.gif

[quote name='Jordan-N-Torifan' date='Feb 23rd 2012, 5:18 PM' post='24763256']
HE WON!!!!!!!! spaz.gif spaz.gif spaz.gif spaz.gif spaz.gif
[/quote]
[quote name='Jordan-N-Torifan' date='Feb 23rd 2012, 6:31 PM' post='24763393']
LaTroy Hawkins retweeted this. roll.gif
[/quote]

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! spaz.gif

haha.gif

[quote name='carriefanforever' date='Feb 23rd 2012, 7:33 PM' post='24763547'
Love that he knows what's up with the Brewers/Tigers![/quote]

What about the Braves? crying.gif tongue.gif but I heart.gif you guys grin.gif

[quote name='carriefanforever' date='Feb 23rd 2012, 8:23 PM' post='24763808']
Arguing with a guy on Twitter about Braun right now. He's telling me to wait and see his numbers this year. And I said yeah, they'll be just as consistently high that they've been his whole career? Lol just stop.
[/quote]

EXACTLY angry.gif

[quote name='carriefanforever' date='Feb 24th 2012, 9:49 AM' post='24766107']
I follow this girl on Twitter and she's a Tigers fan. ALL she does is talk about how much she hates Brandon Inge. She'll find any little thing and criticize him for it. It drives me crazy. noexpression.gif
[/quote]

Dude, he is one of the most sincere, sweet and awesome guys in mlb.

[quote name='carriefanforever' date='Feb 24th 2012, 10:00 AM' post='24766123']
Justin Morneau said if this season doesn't work out because of injuries, he's going to retire. That is so ridiculously sad. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
[/quote]

crying.gif I hope he can stay healthy.

--------------------
+Quote Post
LuvGrowsWhereMorganGoes
post Feb 27th 2012, 5:11 PM
Post #206393

[quote name='RWG' date='Feb 23rd 2012, 1:45 AM' post='24761823']
JP Arencibia gets a tougher go than most baseball players in Toronto do. On the radio, Bob McCown says he needs to eclipse what he did last year (his rookie year, for crying out loud) offensively and continue to improve defensively to avoid being traded. We have a catching stud in AAA, but still. Tough crowd.

Whom do people consider the best active managers? I'd say Mike Scioscia, Charlie Manuel, Joe Maddon, Ron Gardenhire, and Jim Leyland. All but Manuel and Leyland should be around a while. I also liked Bruce Bochy's "the hottest guys going right now bat--period" approach during the Giants' 2011 World Series win. You'd think that would be the rational way to coach in every sport, but it's not.[/quote]

sad.gif Not fair to JP!

I agree with those minus Manuel, not because he coaches the Phillies but I feel like he has been lucky based on the players he has had on his roster.

BTW, I love reading your posts, you put a lot of thought into them happy.gif

[quote name='Jordan-N-Torifan' date='Feb 23rd 2012, 5:18 PM' post='24763256']
HE WON!!!!!!!! spaz.gif spaz.gif spaz.gif spaz.gif spaz.gif
[/quote]
[quote name='Jordan-N-Torifan' date='Feb 23rd 2012, 6:31 PM' post='24763393']
LaTroy Hawkins retweeted this. roll.gif
[/quote]

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! spaz.gif

haha.gif

[quote name='carriefanforever' date='Feb 23rd 2012, 7:33 PM' post='24763547'
Love that he knows what's up with the Brewers/Tigers![/quote]

What about the Braves? crying.gif tongue.gif but I heart.gif you guys grin.gif

[quote name='carriefanforever' date='Feb 23rd 2012, 8:23 PM' post='24763808']
Arguing with a guy on Twitter about Braun right now. He's telling me to wait and see his numbers this year. And I said yeah, they'll be just as consistently high that they've been his whole career? Lol just stop.
[/quote]

EXACTLY angry.gif

[quote name='carriefanforever' date='Feb 24th 2012, 9:49 AM' post='24766107']
I follow this girl on Twitter and she's a Tigers fan. ALL she does is talk about how much she hates Brandon Inge. She'll find any little thing and criticize him for it. It drives me crazy. noexpression.gif
[/quote]

Dude, he is one of the most sincere, sweet and awesome guys in mlb.

[quote name='carriefanforever' date='Feb 24th 2012, 10:00 AM' post='24766123']
Justin Morneau said if this season doesn't work out because of injuries, he's going to retire. That is so ridiculously sad. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
[/quote]

crying.gif I hope he can stay healthy.

--------------------
+Quote Post
LuvGrowsWhereMorganGoes
post Feb 27th 2012, 5:20 PM
Post #206394

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Feb 26th 2012, 6:13 PM) *

Good luck! stuart.gif

shocked.gif Insane and yes, shocking.

QUOTE(carriefanforever @ Feb 27th 2012, 10:13 AM) *

I'm sorry, but how can anyone hate him? Because he dances on the mound? Great article.

He is an oddball but he's fun!

QUOTE(RWG @ Feb 26th 2012, 4:08 PM) *

I'm going to join the fantasy league. I just need to remember my Yahoo ID.

Well-written article on Jose Molina and the Tampa Bay Rays:
I wish there were a way we could have kept Jose around. Reliable catcher, timely hitter, solid team guy. Strikes me as the kind of guy a team needs down the bench for a lengthy playoff run.

I heart.gif how they give a chance to players others would have given up on or never put as everyday starters.. CARLOS PENA grin.gif that worked out amazingly well for the Rays.

--------------------
+Quote Post
carriefanforever
post Feb 27th 2012, 5:27 PM
Post #206395

Jason Varitek is going to announce his retirement on Thursday. I feel like there's been of ton of retirements lately!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jordan-N-Torifan
post Feb 27th 2012, 6:32 PM
Post #206396

If we could resign Greinke...omg.gif
Greinke is having so much fun in Milwaukee, participating in draft, scouting and actually pitching for good team. Gotta believe he'll stay.

shocked.gif
Let's make this clear for people who want to blame MLB for Braun leak. Somebody his side talked to during process betrayed them. The Commissioner's office knows who did it; the players union knows who did; and Braun's people know who did it. That was the leak.

#Brewers Braun launches 6 Homers in first on-field BP of Spring Training. 4 over the extended fence in left #GettingOutTheFurstration

This post has been edited by Jordan-N-Torifan: Feb 27th 2012, 6:40 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
ShortstopVM
post Feb 27th 2012, 9:29 PM
Post #206397

Fav. SYTYCD5: Karla Garcia
Fav. SYTYCD7: Lauren Froderman
Fav. MLB: New York Mets

QUOTE(carriefanforever @ Feb 27th 2012, 5:27 PM) *
Jason Varitek is going to announce his retirement on Thursday. I feel like there's been of ton of retirements lately!

I'm scared that Joel Zumaya might consider retirement, especially after he suffered yet another season-ending injury... no.gif He had a sick fastball back in the day. omg.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
(Thank you to o0itzAnGiE and to Stacey for the blinkies!)
#ZachingForever | IPB Image I support KARLA always! | IPB Image | LET'S GO METS
+Quote Post
DiAnAmItE4LiFe
post Feb 28th 2012, 2:51 AM
Post #206398

Leaving for spring training in 3 days, since it's technically Tuesday! That's so crazy. I'm not in baseball mode yet, but I'm sure I will be soon. haha.gif

QUOTE(SpamGoddess @ Feb 27th 2012, 11:24 AM) *

omg whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. shocked.gif That's insane, and always incredibly shocking. Especially when it's a church environment? haha.gif Do you know how it was found out (sry, I'm nosy)? And I do remember him (I guess? haha.gif ) saying hi to you at one of the Caravans!

I know, I still can't believe it. I mean, literally one of the last people you would expect. I HAVE LOST FAITH IN HUMANITY. And actually I don't. For some reason I've felt uncomfortable asking, but I feel like my mom may know a little more than I do. The teacher she works with is married to the guy in charge of the whole youth program, so she might know a lot too. I may feel like asking soon, idk. But yeah, it was the caravan here! That's the last time I saw him. Wait actually no, I did see him for a few seconds at church about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I think that's the last time I went. fear.gif And I usually say hey to him, but didn't that day for some reason.

QUOTE(carriefanforever @ Feb 27th 2012, 5:27 PM) *

Wow, I feel like there's been a lot too.

QUOTE(ShortstopVM @ Feb 27th 2012, 9:29 PM) *

I'm scared that Joel Zumaya might consider retirement, especially after he suffered yet another season-ending injury... no.gif He had a sick fastball back in the day. omg.gif

Me too. sad.gif It's so sad what's happened to his career.

--------------------

IPB Image
+Quote Post
carriefanforever
post Feb 28th 2012, 7:01 AM
Post #206399

QUOTE(ShortstopVM @ Feb 27th 2012, 9:29 PM) *

I can't even begin to talk about how heartbroken I am for him. It isn't fair. He had SUCH a promising career as a relief pitcher, he just couldn't avoid injuries. And they were always big injuries too, not just minor stuff.

--------------------
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Feb 28th 2012, 9:58 AM
Post #206400

QUOTE(carriefanforever @ Feb 27th 2012, 4:27 PM) *

Both the Yankees and Redsox catchers call it quits the same year. I find that like it was preplanned a few years ago. We all know that both teams a few years ago knew their staple catchers were getting old and needed to retire soon. So, both teams at the same time go out looking and grooming talent. Even testing them out on the field. Both teams find talent available and are ready to change the guard behind the plate.

That is unless I'm mistaken. Cause I know Victor was here for a year or 2 also recently but left. So, who is the Red Sox catcher, some young fresh talent who has a couple years under his belt?

--------------------
+Quote Post

10490 Pages V « < 10318 10319 10320 10321 10322 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 23rd 2014, 9:31 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol