Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SYTYCD 2011 Tour Reviews
warblerbert
post Sep 20th 2011, 10:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. SYTYCD6: Jakob Karr
Fav. SYTYCD4: Joshua Allen
Fav. Dancers: Jess LeProt. Danny T.

It looks like this tour is shaping up to be one of the most interesting and unique tours yet. If you've been to the show and don't want to start your own thread, please share that experience with us here. What do you like about the changes this year? Which numbers and dancers had you mesmerized? What crazy things happened on your stop that didn't happen anywhere else? Those of us who may not be able to go would love to see through your eyes!

Also, if you find reviews from blogs, new media, etc. , feel free to link those here, too. We want to know it all! thumbsup.gif

Personally, I hope this would remain positive, focusing on your favorites rather than putting down dancers who may not be your cup of tea. (Everybody has an off night...even these 12 gorgeous dancers). But that's just me. happy.gif

Okay, go!

--------------------
SYTYCD-US: 1 Ashle' Jamile Melody Kamilah 2 Benji Natalie Heidi Musa Travis 3 Danny Sara Lacey Pasha 4 Joshua Katee Gev 5 Jeanine Janette 6 Jakob Ryan Ellenore Kathryn 7 Alex Billy Lauren 8 Jess Miranda Ricky Wadi Clarice
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Sep 20th 2011, 10:49 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

jstxanothrxstory
post Sep 21st 2011, 12:02 AM
Post #2

I'm not going to the tour for another couple weeks, but I love the concept of having different routines fade into each other. It looks like a really cool experience.

--------------------
I ♥ Andrew. ◄◄ Last.fm. Twitter. Lee-DeWyze.net. It Element 4.
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
REST IN PEACE MICHAEL JOHNS. 1978-2014.
+Quote Post
dancergrl94
post Sep 21st 2011, 2:17 PM
Post #3

i went to the duluth show last night, and i loved it original.gif
honestly, i expected to be a little let down since last year's tour was phenomenal but this year's was just as good in my opinion

personally, i loved the dances flowing into each other
they fit really nicely for the most part and so many dances got to be performed!

all the girls are gorgeous in person, especially caitlyn
and as good as i thought melanie was on tv....wow is all i can say after last night. she totally deserved the standing ovation for TEOTH and her solo

as far as the guys, they all really impressed me. ricky was supurb in his contemporary pieces, mitchell grew on me for sure (wasn't a fan during the show), tadd is so much fun and is such a performer, nick finally got to show just how talented he is, and jess just captured my attention constantly...even during the group numbers i was always drawn to him

favorite routines:TTOTH, the tap duet...and nick's solo: the tapping is flawless in person by both him and jess, the circus routine, Viva la Vida, and the group broadway

oh and the new finale was so much fun! they defenitly pumped up the party.

none of the routines disappointed; really good setlist

unfortuantely, meet and greet got cancelled last night due to the storm but the show made up for it.
defenitly reccomend buying a ticket if you don't have one.

--------------------
+Quote Post
sdiva1982
post Sep 21st 2011, 2:45 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(dancergrl94 @ Sep 21st 2011, 3:17 PM) *

i went to the duluth show last night, and i loved it original.gif
honestly, i expected to be a little let down since last year's tour was phenomenal but this year's was just as good in my opinion

personally, i loved the dances flowing into each other
they fit really nicely for the most part and so many dances got to be performed!

all the girls are gorgeous in person, especially caitlyn
and as good as i thought melanie was on tv....wow is all i can say after last night. she totally deserved the standing ovation for TEOTH and her solo

as far as the guys, they all really impressed me. ricky was supurb in his contemporary pieces, mitchell grew on me for sure (wasn't a fan during the show), tadd is so much fun and is such a performer, nick finally got to show just how talented he is, and jess just captured my attention constantly...even during the group numbers i was always drawn to him

favorite routines:TTOTH, the tap duet...and nick's solo: the tapping is flawless in person by both him and jess, the circus routine, Viva la Vida, and the group broadway

oh and the new finale was so much fun! they defenitly pumped up the party.

none of the routines disappointed; really good setlist
unfortuantely, meet and greet got cancelled last night due to the storm but the show made up for it.
defenitly reccomend buying a ticket if you don't have one.

Please tell us about merchandise. Do you have pictures?

--------------------
+Quote Post
dancergrl94
post Sep 21st 2011, 6:46 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(sdiva1982 @ Sep 21st 2011, 3:45 PM) *

Please tell us about merchandise. Do you have pictures?

merch is fairly similar to last year
official tour shirts with a group picture on front and tour dates on back
regular tees (pink and purple i think) with group picture
black leggings that say SYTYCD on the hip
pink track shorts that say SYTYCD on the hip and something on the back
a purple cinch backpack that says SYTYCD Tour 2011 (what i bought)
a black sweatshirt
pictures
posters
light up stick

and probarly other stuff too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
sdiva1982
post Sep 21st 2011, 6:59 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(dancergrl94 @ Sep 21st 2011, 7:46 PM) *

merch is fairly similar to last year
official tour shirts with a group picture on front and tour dates on back
regular tees (pink and purple i think) with group picture
black leggings that say SYTYCD on the hip
pink track shorts that say SYTYCD on the hip and something on the back
a purple cinch backpack that says SYTYCD Tour 2011 (what i bought)
a black sweatshirt
pictures
posters
light up stick
and probarly other stuff too.

Thank You!

--------------------
+Quote Post
warblerbert
post Sep 25th 2011, 2:58 PM
Post #7

Fav. SYTYCD6: Jakob Karr
Fav. SYTYCD4: Joshua Allen
Fav. Dancers: Jess LeProt. Danny T.

This is a review of the Fairfax show. The writer doesn't go into much depth, but there are some little tidbits and some nice photos, too. The one of Jordan with the El Fuego skirt is awesome.

Fairfax review

IPB Image

--------------------
SYTYCD-US: 1 Ashle' Jamile Melody Kamilah 2 Benji Natalie Heidi Musa Travis 3 Danny Sara Lacey Pasha 4 Joshua Katee Gev 5 Jeanine Janette 6 Jakob Ryan Ellenore Kathryn 7 Alex Billy Lauren 8 Jess Miranda Ricky Wadi Clarice
+Quote Post
luckiibeckii
post Oct 3rd 2011, 10:04 PM
Post #8

Just got home from my show at Nassau Coliseum. tickets were a late graduation gift from an aunt, andf they were AWESOME seats. way better then my seats last time i went on tour in season 4 at the same venue. I could clearly see the dancers, and the audience seemed smaller as well so it felt very intimate.

All the performances went by in a blur, but the standouts to me were of course anything Marko and Melanie did together INCLUDING the Choreographer/Dancer Love Story routine which MARKO performed with her, which threw me for an absolute loop and tizzy lol I about fangirled in my seat when I realized it.

Also this crazy paint number they did in paint spattered pants, which was probably developed just for the tour. really beautiful and gave me chills, as an artist it was like the combining of my medium with the one I will never be able to replicate...dance. (Trust me when I tell you I absolutely suck, and watching SYTYCD is my one outlet to this beautifulness)

Also there was a dance where a large red flower came down and 3 couples danced around it, sasha melanie and im guessing catlynn? Absolutely beautiful music and dancing, I really want to find that song, but lord knows, i can't even remember the lyrics.

The dancing was amazing, my audience made all the right sounds at the right times lol and I did my fair share of screaming! I was smiling/laughing/cheering/tearing up the entire time.

With that said, my high came crashing down when I was told the M&G was canceled due to the weather, when IT HAD STOPPED RAINING OUTSIDE. I was absolutely crushed, but the show was amazing, and I now know to wait until the DAY OF a tour date to buy my tickets. I don't even want to tell you how much my aunt probably shelled out for our tickets and today, floor seats were going for a fraction of that. Its quite unfair. no.gif

otherwise a nice night, wish I hadn't been so destroyed by not having a M&G. I quite believe I've been spoiled because of my amazing experience meeting the Season 4 dancers during their show afterparty when I didn't have a pass. xP I kind of expected that to happen again, and of course, it didn't.

--------------------
+Quote Post
nesquick
post Oct 4th 2011, 3:41 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(luckiibeckii @ Oct 4th 2011, 4:04 AM) *

All the performances went by in a blur, but the standouts to me were of course anything Marko and Melanie did together INCLUDING the Choreographer/Dancer Love Story routine which MARKO performed with her

fear.gif Are you sure it was Marko? Melanie had always danced with Jess on this piece. Marko danced with Missy before the Love story routine.

--------------------
+Quote Post
KayJDance
post Oct 4th 2011, 7:04 PM
Post #10

Fav. SYTYCD4: Chelsie Hightower
Fav. SYTYCD7: Lauren Froderman
Fav. Loves:ChelsieKay & Caitlynn <3

QUOTE(luckiibeckii @ Oct 3rd 2011, 11:04 PM) *

Also there was a dance where a large red flower came down and 3 couples danced around it, sasha melanie and im guessing caitlynn? Absolutely beautiful music and dancing, I really want to find that song, but lord knows, i can't even remember the lyrics.

Yes that is Caitlynn in it and the song is "Grown Unknown" by Lia Ices!!! thumbsup.gif I fell in love with it myself and knew I had to get it as well!!! whistling.gif

--------------------

Hey I'm Kalyn!IPB Image||IPB Image||SYTYCD Tour: 9/17||IPB Image|| Twitter||Team Caitlynn Lawson
Mandie is my twinflame, Marissa is my triplet, and Clovers rule the world forever!

Lawson Hightower McCormick Froderman Holker Galiano
+Quote Post
luckiibeckii
post Oct 4th 2011, 8:54 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(nesquick @ Oct 4th 2011, 4:41 AM) *

fear.gif Are you sure it was Marko? Melanie had always danced with Jess on this piece. Marko danced with Missy before the Love story routine.

I am pretty sure. I assumed it was Tadd from the start but I noticed he wasn't as dark, and it definitely wasn't Jess, the guy was significantly taller then Melanie (marko taller. lol) . Also, Tadd was in the performance directly afterwards. And I really can't remember who performed before them, but I'm also pretty sure it wasn't someone and Marko. It could have been tho, because this routine happened during one of those -3-in-one-routine deals they did, with little to no costume changes in between. Plus it looked like Marko. I mean, I was wearing my contacts, which are a bit weaker then my glasses prescription and I was also sitting a fair distance away but even so, It was definitely Marko's face I saw.

AND YES! THANK YOU FOR THE SONG INFO!!! heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
EllaMental
post Oct 4th 2011, 9:21 PM
Post #12

I am pretty sure. I assumed it was Tadd from the start but I noticed he wasn't as dark, and it definitely wasn't Jess, the guy was significantly taller then Melanie (marko taller. lol) . Also, Tadd was in the performance directly afterwards. And I really can't remember who performed before them, but I'm also pretty sure it wasn't someone and Marko. It could have been tho, because this routine happened during one of those -3-in-one-routine deals they did, with little to no costume changes in between. Plus it looked like Marko. I mean, I was wearing my contacts, which are a bit weaker then my glasses prescription and I was also sitting a fair distance away but even so, It was definitely Marko's face I saw.

It was Jess. He has been dancing that piece in Tadd's place, probably because Tadd was added into something more in line with his specialty (the Coming Home hip-hop). Nick was "sort of" dancing the Italiano piece with Missy, but now that Marko is back and can handle it, he took the part back over again. Nick never danced the full piece. It was more of a Missy solo with Nick handling the photo-shoot. original.gif

Here is video of Marko and Missy dancing in the Nassau show, where you can clearly see Jess and Melanie bringing out the mirror, just as they have done in all the prior tour stops, while Marko and Missy are finishing. I can see the confusion. wink.gif Even this uploader was mixed up, but someone in the comments tried to set him straight. Nick is much taller than Missy; this dancer is close to her same height, plus the first male dancer has black hair (Marko), not brown (Nick). Missy and Marko roll the chaise lounge off the stage as Melanie and Jess prepare.

Also, once you take out the hair factor, Tadd isn't much taller than Jess. Sometimes in the "Another One Bites the Dust" piece, the only way I can tell them apart is Tadd's fuller hairdo.

luckiibeckii, here's a closer video of the Broadway Jazz from earlier on the tour:

This post has been edited by EllaMental: Oct 4th 2011, 11:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Sep 20th 2014, 9:02 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol