Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> General Discussion about Adam, Can we talk?
madamimadam
post Nov 11th 2014, 10:02 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Following the discussion in the Adam Tweets thread, I realized that there was no good thread to move the posts to in order to unclutter the Adam Tweets thread. So here it is, a brand new thread where we can discuss all things Adam that don't belong anywhere... I mean in a specific thread.

original.gif

I'm locking this thread until I've moved all of the convo here.

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
svca
post Nov 11th 2014, 10:23 PM
Post #2

Group: Members

QUOTE(MicheleDE @ Nov 11th 2014, 7:18 PM) *

I feel like he used us and this "twitter party" as a diversion to his shady NJ tweets.

I feel used. sad.gif

Was he specifically talking about NJ though? I don't remember him actually using his name.

I feel like I missed something, but that's ok.

--------------------
+Quote Post
3ku1
post Nov 11th 2014, 10:25 PM
Post #3

He never mentioned NJ at all. People just presumed he was referring to him. But he was just speaking generally. I doubt he intended to use anyone as an outlet to have a twitter party. If you feel that way, maybe your taking things way too seriously haha, your problem.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Nov 11th 2014, 10:30 PM
Post #4

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(svca @ Nov 11th 2014, 11:23 PM) *

Was he specifically talking about NJ though? I don't remember him actually using his name.

I think I did too.....

I saw a tweet about.....straight boy pop stars singing to LGBT issues....something like that...

Asking if it is progress or pandering......

Is NJ new song about gayness ??? IDK ????

I do sort of agree with Adam and the .....progress or pandering question ????

--------------------
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Nov 11th 2014, 10:36 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(svca @ Nov 11th 2014, 10:23 PM) *

No he didn't say him specifically but the timing was kind of interesting -- he just started following Nick on twitter.

But, I don't think he was using a twitter party to try to deflect away from the question/statement. I think he was online tweeting and just figured he'd do a little twitter party but then didn't find anything that interested him. He's not going to give specifics about the album or his personal life. So, really, what's left to talk about right now. I think he kind of realized that and just figured oh well, that's enough.

Personally, I'm just glad he did something so the whiners can stop complaining that he never 'talks to us' anymore.

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
MicheleDE
post Nov 11th 2014, 10:40 PM
Post #6

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry

QUOTE(svca @ Nov 11th 2014, 10:23 PM) *

He definitely was talking about NJ.

RIGHT BEFORE he tweeted that, he liked this on IG: http://bit.ly/1pOytBW & followed NJ on twitter & this http://bit.ly/1v1IFcr

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Carmi
post Nov 13th 2014, 7:10 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(sherrie @ Nov 13th 2014, 7:54 PM) *

Oh my gosh, Joe is so handsome icecream.gif I wonder how Adam knows him? Yes, I cheked him out and he and Adam are the same age, both look younger. Don't know if he's gay, but he's way to tall for Adam, he's 6'2" and is a dancer and actor.

He's way too tall for Adam for what?

--------------------
+Quote Post
svca
post Nov 13th 2014, 7:41 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(Carmi @ Nov 13th 2014, 4:10 PM) *

He's way too tall for Adam for what?

Adam generally prefers smaller men, like Sauli....boyfriend material wise innocent.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Carmi
post Nov 13th 2014, 8:38 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(svca @ Nov 13th 2014, 8:41 PM) *

Adam generally prefers smaller men, like Sauli....boyfriend material wise innocent.gif

Thanks for your answer. flowers.gif but is that what the original poster meant? A possible boyfriend for him? shocked.gif Holy cow. What a leap from just a simple instagram follow. He follows guys all the time. And some females too. wacko.gif Sometimes I get the feeling that him being so quiet and private about his life is because of stuff like this. He is followed and hunted like a dog. It must be terrible for him really to have his private life speculated about all the time. sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Nov 13th 2014, 8:42 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE(Carmi @ Nov 13th 2014, 8:38 PM) *

Thanks for your answer. flowers.gif but is that what the original poster meant? A possible boyfriend for him? shocked.gif Holy cow. What a leap from just a simple instagram follow. He follows guys all the time. And some females too. wacko.gif Sometimes I get the feeling that him being so quiet and private about his life is because of stuff like this. He is followed and hunted like a dog. It must be terrible for him really to have his private life speculated about all the time. sad.gif

In the world of celebrities, it's always been just par for the course though... And with the advent of social media it has multiplied by 1,000,000,000...

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Carmi
post Nov 13th 2014, 8:44 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Nov 13th 2014, 9:42 PM) *

In the world of celebrities, it's always been just par for the course though... And with the advent of social media it has multiplied by 1,000,000,000...

Yes it has. Still kinda creepy and doesn't excuse the behavior IMO.

--------------------
+Quote Post
svca
post Nov 13th 2014, 9:03 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(Carmi @ Nov 13th 2014, 5:38 PM) *

Whoa, whoa there.....I don't think her comment was that serious, lol.

As Adam himself would say, it's not that serious huggy.gif

ETA: I probably shouldn't speak for the poster, but that's the impression I got from her post blushing.gif

This post has been edited by svca: Nov 13th 2014, 9:04 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Carmi
post Nov 14th 2014, 12:47 PM
Post #13

Do we know how tall he is? devil.gif haha.gif wacko.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Nov 14th 2014, 1:16 PM
Post #14

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

QUOTE(Carmi @ Nov 13th 2014, 8:38 PM) *

Sometimes I get the feeling that him being so quiet and private about his life is because of stuff like this. He is followed and hunted like a dog. It must be terrible for him really to have his private life speculated about all the time. sad.gif

ITA. It's why I loathed the relationship speculation thread. While it's human nature to speculate, it really is none of our business, and I find it sort of disrespectful to him.

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
Sabine
post Nov 14th 2014, 2:16 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(Carmi @ Nov 14th 2014, 3:38 AM) *

QUOTE(Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ Nov 14th 2014, 8:16 PM) *

ITA. It's why I loathed the relationship speculation thread. While it's human nature to speculate, it really is none of our business, and I find it sort of disrespectful to him.

There are pap pics and videos - some of them are intrusive and Adam does not look happy, but they are posted here. Are those not disrespectful?

There is a thread about Adams d*ck and people are posting zoomed pics and drooling over Adams body parts. Is that disrespectful?

Some fans a whining about Melvin and his haircuts and telling him he should shave - is that not disrespectful?

Adam is a popstar and a celebrity - this is a fansite and fans are speculating, making things up, whining and having fun. And when Adam is seen with a cute guy there will be speculation just like with all other stars too.

So where should we draw the line what is disrespectful or not? I have no problems with fans having some fun as long as nobody is hurt and people are not starting to believe in conspiracy theories.

--------------------
+Quote Post
sherrie
post Nov 14th 2014, 2:24 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(Carmi @ Nov 14th 2014, 12:47 PM) *

Do we know how tall he is? devil.gif haha.gif wacko.gif

And that's the attitude that has left this forum with only a handful of posters.

--------------------
+Quote Post
sherrie
post Nov 14th 2014, 2:30 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(Sabine @ Nov 14th 2014, 2:16 PM) *

There are pap pics and videos - some of them are intrusive and Adam does not look happy, but they are posted here. Are those not disrespectful?

There is a thread about Adams d*ck and people are posting zoomed pics and drooling over Adams body parts. Is that disrespectful?

Some fans a whining about Melvin and his haircuts and telling him he should shave - is that not disrespectful?

Adam is a popstar and a celebrity - this is a fansite and fans are speculating, making things up, whining and having fun. And when Adam is seen with a cute guy there will be speculation just like with all other stars too.

So where should we draw the line what is disrespectful or not? I have no problems with fans having some fun as long as nobody is hurt and people are not starting to believe in conspiracy theories.

Well said thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Nov 14th 2014, 2:36 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

MOD HAT ON: WE HAVE A LARGE COMMUNITY MADE UP OF VARIED PERSONALITIES AND WAYS OF EXPRESSING THEMSELVES. IS EVERY POST TO MY TASTE? NO. BUT THEN AGAIN, I'M SURE SOME OF MY POSTS ARE NOT TO SOMEONE ELSE'S LIKING EITHER.

SOME PEOPLE ARE ETERNAL OPTIMISTS

SOME PEOPLE ARE ETERNAL REALISTS

SOME PEOPLE ARE SNARKY (IN A GOOD WAY)

SOME PEOPLE ARE VERY SERIOUS

SOME PEOPLE ARE VERY FUNNY

SOME PEOPLE ARE LUSTFUL

SOME PEOPLE ARE 'HARPERS' (ON ANY GIVEN SUBJECT)

BUT ALL OF 'THESE PEOPLE' LOVE ADAM!!!!! NOBODY'S STYLE IS BETTER THAN SOMEONE ELSE'S... DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS!!!! original.gif

SO WHATEVER DOESN'T SIT WELL IN YOUR 'COLOR WHEEL', JUST SCROLL BY.

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
sandyrk
post Nov 14th 2014, 3:48 PM
Post #19

Group: NX Subscribers

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Nov 14th 2014, 12:36 PM) *

MOD HAT ON: WE HAVE A LARGE COMMUNITY MADE UP OF VARIED PERSONALITIES AND WAYS OF EXPRESSING THEMSELVES. IS EVERY POST TO MY TASTE? NO. BUT THEN AGAIN, I'M SURE SOME OF MY POSTS ARE NOT TO SOMEONE ELSE'S LIKING EITHER.

SOME PEOPLE ARE ETERNAL OPTIMISTS

SOME PEOPLE ARE ETERNAL REALISTS

SOME PEOPLE ARE SNARKY (IN A GOOD WAY)

SOME PEOPLE ARE VERY SERIOUS

SOME PEOPLE ARE VERY FUNNY

SOME PEOPLE ARE LUSTFUL

SOME PEOPLE ARE 'HARPERS' (ON ANY GIVEN SUBJECT)
BUT ALL OF 'THESE PEOPLE' LOVE ADAM!!!!! NOBODY'S STYLE IS BETTER THAN SOMEONE ELSE'S... DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS!!!! original.gif

SO WHATEVER DOESN'T SIT WELL IN YOUR 'COLOR WHEEL', JUST SCROLL BY.

Amen...

--------------------
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Nov 14th 2014, 4:29 PM
Post #20

One of the things I love about this place is how organized it is. We have separate threads for specific topics so we can each read the threads that are of interest to us.

While I understand that some people enjoy speculating about Adam's personal life, if we use this thread to investigate and stalk the guys he tweets about, takes pictures with, follows or 'likes' this thread will just turn into what the relationship speculation thread became....a place where Adam and every one he knows/meets were no longer real human beings but characters in some fanfiction.

Obviously what was said here the other day was really no big deal. But I understand why Carmi questioned it and was uncomfortable with it. Once it starts it may turn into something bigger.

And yes, we can scroll by what doesn't interest us. But, as I said, we have separate threads in order to keep things where they belong. I don't expect to open this thread and read a discussion on whether this guy or that guy would be right for Adam. (and again, I know that didn't really happen....this time).

Just my two cents...

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Nov 21st 2014, 12:47 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol