Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Auburn Hills Show/After Show Experience!, pictures & videos inside
carriefanforever
post Aug 28th 2009, 3:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI8: Megan Joy and Kris Allen

Before the Show

Alright so we got to the Palace at around 2:30ish and waited outside for the Idols. It was pretty cold at first but then it warmed up a little bit. We were waiting out there for sooo long and security wouldn't let us go by the barricades. We were all standing on the side of the building instead. After being out there for about 2 1/2 hours, we heard a bunch of screaming. I turned around and guess who I see waving from the window? KRIS ALLEN. And then about 5 minutes later, Matt Giraud pops up in the window of the building and starts waving to all of us. I couldn't believe they were actually RIGHT THERE. omg.gif Matt pulled out his camera and started recording all of us. Then he motioned for us to get louder which we of course did. tongue.gif A few minutes after seeing Matt, Megan & Anoop looked out the window & also wove to us. grin.gif heart.gif Then I saw Matt's tweet saying that he would be coming out to see us soon, so I was REALLY excited.

We weren't allowed to get in our seats until 5:30. So at like, 5:20 Matt still wasn't out so me & my mom went inside. We didn't think he'd be coming out, but he did. I'm reallyyy upset that we missed him because he was in my top 3 all season. sad.gif But it's okay, because what happened after the show with a certain other Idol certainly made up for it. whistling.gif

So we got to our seats a little after 5:30 and they were alot better than I expected (upper level, row 5). We went to go get some food and brought it back to our seats. However, I couldn't eat because I was SO nervous. I entered the contest from Megan's official website to win AP passes and since Jill (Megan's mom) was out of town, she wasn't sending emails out to the winners. So to find out if I won, I had to go to will call at 6 pm. So I did. And my name wasn't on the list. I was absolutely crushed. A few Megan fans got in contact with Angie (Megan's cousin) and Garrett (the person who runs her website) and they both said I should have been on the list. So I was really, really upset that I wasn't on there.

I had to try really hard not to cry but there was something that cheered me up a bit. When I turned around, guess who I saw? Matt's DAD (along with other friends & family). I knew it was him right away because I recognized him from the show. But then I noticed his shirt. It was white & in black writing it said "Matt G's Dad" and he was wearing a fedora. HOW CUTE IS THAT?! laughing.gif heart.gif He was taking pictures with a bunch of fans and I reallllyyy wanted to, but I was still upset about the passes so that was the only thing on my mind.

I got back to my seat and decided to just forget about my lost chance at meeting Megan & the rest of the Idols. I reminded myself how lucky I was to be there and that I'd be seeing ALL of them perform LIVE in just a matter of minutes.

The Show

Michael Sarver
I have to say, he was one of the best of the night. In Love With A Girl was a PERFECT song choice to open up the show with. He got everyone pumped up and the crowd really responded well. For a long time I was upset that he made the tour instead of Alexis, but after Wednesday night I can say that he deserved it 100%. Someone also threw a stuffed animal for him on stage which he put on his shoulder while he was singing. laughing.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

Megan Joy
Ahh MEGAN! Of course I loved her, she is my favorite. I've watched every performance of hers on youtube from each show and it is so obvious how much more comfortable she is on stage. I still feel SO bad for her that they made her wear that dress & those heels, but girl knows how to WORK IT. I screamed my face off for her whole set and felt so proud of her. grin.gif During the clapping part of Tears Dry On Their Own she was like "I MEAN IT!" and then it got louder and she was like "That's better!" laughing.gif heart.gif Her hair was also in a side frohawk thing and I really, really liked it. Besides the fact that it's a big EFF YOU to TPTB, she also looked fierce. She was kind of channeling Syesha Mercado with that do.

It goes black during TDOTO because I put my camera in my lap to clap along. laughing.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Her set was hard to take pictures of from where I was sitting because of the lighting. sad.gif

Up Next: Scott & Lil

Scott & Lil
Anoop, Matt, & Top 10-5 Medley
Intermission, Allison, & Danny
Adam & Kris
Don't Stop Believing
After Show @ the barricades

This post has been edited by carriefanforever: Aug 29th 2009, 12:59 AM

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Aug 28th 2009, 3:53 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

hazuki
post Aug 28th 2009, 3:56 PM
Post #2

Stomp, Stomp. I have arrived

Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez
Fav. XFUS3: Ellona Santiago

Awesome review so far!! spaz.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
twitter|tumblr|last.fm|Credit: Jack
AI13:Jess Meuse, Jena Asciutto, Malaya Watson, Austin Wolfe, Kristen O Connor, George Lovett
+Quote Post
carriefanforever
post Aug 28th 2009, 4:26 PM
Post #3

Scott MacIntyre

Scott is TEN times better live than what he was on the show. His voice has gotten alot stronger and he picked really good songs for his set. His banter with the crowd in between songs was hilarious. roll.gif During A Thousand Miles, the whole crowd was singing along (at least from what I could hear) and he got a great response.

His pictures didn't really turn out good. sad.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

Lil Rounds

I always felt like Lil was treated unfairly on the show. You could tell it messed with her confidence alot. But on Wednseday, it was a completely different Lil than what we saw on the show. She owned that stage and she looked so comfortable doing it. I was really, really impressed with her. After her 'No One' performance my mom turned to me & said that was her favorite so far, and Lil wasn't even on her list of favorites.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Up Next: Anoop, Matt, & Top 10-5 Medley

--------------------
+Quote Post
carriefanforever
post Aug 28th 2009, 4:39 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(hazuki @ Aug 28th 2009, 4:56 PM) *

Awesome review so far!! spaz.gif
Thank you! grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
idolfreak05
post Aug 28th 2009, 4:46 PM
Post #5

Fav. AI11: Erika Van Pelt
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Jessica Meuse

can't wait for the rest original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Idols Live! every year except 2010, 2011, 2013,2014!
Idols Live 2012! Pittsburgh,PA
+Quote Post
carriefanforever
post Aug 28th 2009, 5:18 PM
Post #6

Anoop Desai

I still don't think I've recovered from his set. His voice is just so SMOOTH and flawless. The crowd absolutely loved him. He's going to be signed soon, that's for sure. He's too good to be ignored. His set went by wayyy too fast for me. I wanted him to perform for forever. laughing.gif My favorite had to have been My Prerogative, but all 3 songs were perfect. heart.gif He also gave a shoutout to Matt in between sets. grin.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I'd buy tickets to see his solo concert in a heartbeat. heart.gif

Matt Giraud

AHH THE HOMETOWN BOY! The crowd went absolutely nuts for him, it was amazing to be there live. The fact that he's not signed yet is just INSANE. He performs on that stage like he's been doing it for 50 something years. And his piano playing? Unbelievable. I was just in awe the whole time. He definitely made Michigan proud. heart.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Top 10-5 Medley

I LOVE THIS. Everything was great. The Lilegan duet, the dueling pianos, Michael's solo, and of course...Beggin. Whoever decided they should sing that song to close out the first half is BRILLIANT. However, in the middle of the song there were some mic issues. They were singing, but you couldn't hear anything. Other than that, it was perfect.

(still processing)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Up Next: Intermission story, Allison & Danny

--------------------
+Quote Post
aiOR82
post Aug 28th 2009, 5:50 PM
Post #7

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI11: DeAndre Brackensick

awesome pics

--------------------
Zandra~

july 5- how you doin' baby-direct quote from matt giraud to me
sept 5- baby, glad your here-direct from matt giraud to me
lovin' matt giraud<3
+Quote Post
OutlandoGirl
post Aug 28th 2009, 6:18 PM
Post #8

Ahhh...don't leave us hanging. original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
carriefanforever
post Aug 28th 2009, 6:54 PM
Post #9

Intermission

At intermission, Heather (heathurr from the Megan forums here) texted me and said I should go back to will call and see if my AP passes were in. She talked to Angie and just like earlier, she said that I should be on the list. She said that sometimes they come in late, so I might still have a chance. So when I went to will call, I asked if there were any passes waiting for me. They looked in the box where the passes were, and there was nothing for me. Then they showed me the list so I could double check. I looked under "guest of Megan Joy" which is where I would have been, but I wasn't there. So, just like before the show, I was crushed yet again. But then I remembered that Allison was coming up next, so I got really excited again. grin.gif

Allison Iraheta

She was UNREAL. The only problem I had was with So What. She sounded great, but I think the band behind her was too loud so you could barely hear her. But Cry Baby gave me goosebumps. I get chills just watching youtube videos of it & listening to the studio version on my iPod (I'm not even kidding) but when you see it live? Holy fuuuu- Absolutely incredible. I also LOOOVED Barracuda. I wish she had gotten more than 3 songs (and the duet).

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Danny Gokey

Danny sounds alot different live. On the show, it always sounded like he needed to clear his voice (IMO). But live, his vocals were alot more smooth & clear. His dancing during Maria Maria was surprisingly great. laughing.gif My only problem with his set was the order. I think he should have split up the two Rascal Flatts songs to even it up more. Other than that, I was pleasantly surprised. I think his best moment was Maria Maria and that should be the direction he goes musically, not country. But the country songs were good too.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Up Next: Adam & Kris

--------------------
+Quote Post
idolfreak05
post Aug 28th 2009, 7:08 PM
Post #10

Fav. AI11: Erika Van Pelt
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Jessica Meuse

can't wait 4 more w00t.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Idols Live! every year except 2010, 2011, 2013,2014!
Idols Live 2012! Pittsburgh,PA
+Quote Post
carriefanforever
post Aug 28th 2009, 8:45 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(idolfreak05 @ Aug 28th 2009, 8:08 PM) *

can't wait 4 more w00t.gif
Thank you. grin.gif

I'll post my Adam/Kris reviews after I get more replies so I know people are reading this. whistling.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
RockItJoplin
post Aug 28th 2009, 11:49 PM
Post #12

Fav. AI9: Crystal Bowersox
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy

Wowza Lindsay! w00t.gif

--------------------
Black Velvet.
IPB Image
"I know life is just my stage." crystal. avatar: sarahx3
+Quote Post
carriefanforever
post Aug 28th 2009, 11:49 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(RockItJoplin @ Aug 29th 2009, 12:49 AM) *

Wowza Lindsay! w00t.gif
I love you. huggy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
KrAzY4kAt
post Aug 28th 2009, 11:59 PM
Post #14

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. Teams: Cubs Bears Bulls Bhawks

woo great reviews linds!

--------------------

You can't replace Santo, you copy his spirit. You find a way to find the good in everything, every day. You laugh at yourself as heartily as you laugh with others. You suffer without complaint and stand tall in the face of disappointment. You battle.

RIP Ronnie, you will be missed
+Quote Post
heathurr
post Aug 29th 2009, 12:01 AM
Post #15

Fav. AI9: Janell Wheeler

Love your review Lindsay wub.gif huggy.gif
I am sorry that my text was a fail sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Thanks Kevin! AI8: Megan Adam Kris Allison
+Quote Post
carriefanforever
post Aug 29th 2009, 12:20 AM
Post #16

Adam Lambert

What can I say about Adam that hasn't already been said? He was absolutely amazing. I really felt like I was watching a star up there. Whole Lotta Love was such a perfect song to open up with. The Bowie Medley was reallllyyyy entertaining. And Slow Ride, of course, was perfect. I was surprised nothing was thrown on stage during their duet. laughing.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Kris Allen

AHHHHHH. spaz.gif I can't say enough good things about his set. It was freaking PERFECTION. He couldn't have picked better songs. My only problem? IT WAS TOO SHORT. Seriously, I just wanted him to sing forever. haha.gif Bright Lights was my favorite, especially when him & Tim play their guitars together. heart.gif And I also loved how during Ain't No Sunshine the curtain fell. That was so cool. He was such a natural up there. I can't wait until he starts doing solo shows because I know I'll be first in line to see him. His voice just keeps getting stronger and he's just....perfect.

I wish I could have gotten more video from his set, but I barely had any minutes left on my camera & I wanted to save it for DSB. sad.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

This post has been edited by carriefanforever: Aug 29th 2009, 11:49 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
KrAzY4kAt
post Aug 29th 2009, 12:24 AM
Post #17

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. Teams: Cubs Bears Bulls Bhawks

It sounds so fun grin.gif

--------------------

You can't replace Santo, you copy his spirit. You find a way to find the good in everything, every day. You laugh at yourself as heartily as you laugh with others. You suffer without complaint and stand tall in the face of disappointment. You battle.

RIP Ronnie, you will be missed
+Quote Post
carriefanforever
post Aug 29th 2009, 12:27 AM
Post #18

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Up Next: Don't Stop Believing

Why aren't the embedded youtube videos showing up? huh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
DiAnAmItE4LiFe
post Aug 29th 2009, 12:32 AM
Post #19

Fav. AI8: Matt Giraud
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Elise Testone

Ahhh I just read it all and watched all the videos lmao.gif AMAZING! I would comment on like individual stuff but it would be sooo long roll.gif BEGGIN' IS AMAZING.

--------------------

IPB Image
Tumblr l Twitter l #JEAH l Sig: oxidol_2.0 | AI12: Burnell, Candice, Angie, Devin, Amber
+Quote Post
carriefanforever
post Aug 29th 2009, 12:33 AM
Post #20

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Aug 29th 2009, 1:32 AM) *

Ahhh I just read it all and watched all the videos lmao.gif AMAZING! I would comment on like individual stuff but it would be sooo long roll.gif BEGGIN' IS AMAZING.
BUT YOU KNOW I LOVE YOUR LONG POSTS! giggle.gif

Is it just my computer or are the youtube videos not showing up right now?

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 23rd 2014, 3:35 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol