Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

35 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Official Work Out/Exercise/Diet Thread, Tips, comments, and questions all related to bettering your health!
Steven
post Feb 20th 2013, 5:25 PM
Post #1

Plant your hope with good seeds
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. AI11: Hollie Cavanagh
Fav. Team: The Yankees

This thread is for everyone who is in the process of working out, dieting, or exercising. Use this thread for moral support, sharing tips, or even just chatting about your routine. tongue.gif Share before or afters if you're really brave. tongue.gif Even share eating tips and such... Use your mind this is a health thread!

After being a smoker for about 8 years, I quit for almost a month now! I began working out again. Also, I used to work out back in the day, but I haven't done so in years, but I've recently began to do so again. I'm using a bowflex and dietary supplements everyday as well as vitamins. I've probably tripled my amount of protein intake, by eating foods with much higher proteins, such as more chicken breast, that stuff has like 31gs of protein per ounce. wub.gif

I've also been using the following protein shakes after my work outs.

IPB Image

I wasn't too crazy about the taste, so after this container I went for Whey Double Chocolate.

IPB Image

Also hoping to get back into boxing as well. Haven't done that in years either.

--------------------
Teams: Yankees, Devils, Giants || Music: A7X, Mumford & Sons, Springsteen, Bruno Mars, Drake || Budlime IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
IPB Image Icons: Yankees, Hunger Games, French Fries, Jennifer Lawrence, Pokemon || AI12: Angie, Kree, Amber, JanelleIPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kayli
post Feb 20th 2013, 5:33 PM
Post #2

Group: Members

I need to join this thread! I'm really skinny, but I need to start working out so I can get some tone and definition or something. My booty be all flat lol. sad.gif haha.gif

--------------------

And you be the reason
I'll be the rhyme
We've both got way too much ahead
To worry 'bout what we've left behind
+Quote Post
Steven
post Feb 20th 2013, 5:36 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE(Kayli @ Feb 20th 2013, 5:33 PM) *

I need to join this thread! I'm really skinny, but I need to start working out so I can get some tone and definition or something. My booty be all flat lol. sad.gif haha.gif

I know how you feel. I'm trying to get my six pack back, and I haven't seen it in like 4 years. pinch.gif It just disappeared due to not working out and not eating right. I'm aiming for major definition, but I'm the worst eater in the world. I need to find more things I will actually eat that are good for me.

--------------------
Teams: Yankees, Devils, Giants || Music: A7X, Mumford & Sons, Springsteen, Bruno Mars, Drake || Budlime IPB Image
IPB Image Icons: Yankees, Hunger Games, French Fries, Jennifer Lawrence, Pokemon || AI12: Angie, Kree, Amber, JanelleIPB Image
+Quote Post
Drew
post Feb 20th 2013, 7:47 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen

This thread needs to be my home. I'm honestly going to start going to the gym after work and just doing something physical. My job is physical, but it just isn't cutting it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
let it be
post Feb 21st 2013, 7:09 AM
Post #5

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI3: Diana DeGarmo

Ugh I was so motivated for a while and the past month or so I just stopped caring. And it sucks. I know pretty much what I need to eat and what I need to do for exercise I just get so bored doing just the elliptical and can't run because of shin splints. I started doing Insanity but my hip started acting up (I have an issue with it that will likely require surgery in the future but I'm trying to avoid that at all costs right now).

So my question is, what do you all like to do for cardio exercise?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
masterscorpio77
post Feb 21st 2013, 8:50 AM
Post #6

Fav. Native Artist:Crystal Shawanda

I love to walk. Some like running, but I'm not much of a runner. I like to walk the section where I live. Depending on my overall mood it can be 4 miles a day or 2. I don't overdue it a whole bunch. Living in the country it is nice to walk and enjoy the views. Occasionally there is a dog that is not on their chain, but they usually just bark anyway. Although I've been chased on my bike before.......lol

Man's best friend my left foot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Steven
post Feb 21st 2013, 11:56 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE(Drew @ Feb 20th 2013, 7:47 PM) *

This thread needs to be my home. I'm honestly going to start going to the gym after work and just doing something physical. My job is physical, but it just isn't cutting it.

I usually always do my workouts right after work. yes.gif

QUOTE(let it be @ Feb 21st 2013, 7:09 AM) *

Ugh I was so motivated for a while and the past month or so I just stopped caring. And it sucks. I know pretty much what I need to eat and what I need to do for exercise I just get so bored doing just the elliptical and can't run because of shin splints. I started doing Insanity but my hip started acting up (I have an issue with it that will likely require surgery in the future but I'm trying to avoid that at all costs right now).

So my question is, what do you all like to do for cardio exercise?

I just seen a picture on Instagram saying "70% of people quit their workout plan after starting; but not you; not this time." So don't feel alone in quitting. I've quit so many times, but I'm not quitting this time. I've always wanted to try Insanity. If none of those are working for you then maybe there is another exercise that can work for you and not affect your hip?

QUOTE(masterscorpio77 @ Feb 21st 2013, 8:50 AM) *

I love to walk. Some like running, but I'm not much of a runner. I like to walk the section where I live. Depending on my overall mood it can be 4 miles a day or 2. I don't overdue it a whole bunch. Living in the country it is nice to walk and enjoy the views. Occasionally there is a dog that is not on their chain, but they usually just bark anyway. Although I've been chased on my bike before.......lol
Man's best friend my left foot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to start running again, but it's just too cold outside. I would like to do more cardio though. yes.gif So I'm just sticking to my indoor exercises at the moment, at least until we have a warm day here.

Bike riding is a must this summer. yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazuki
post Feb 21st 2013, 1:24 PM
Post #8

Stomp, Stomp. I have arrived

Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez
Fav. AI15: Sonika Vaid

I'm starting to do lifting yes.gif. I don't know if I'm seeing any difference in my arms, but Its only been less then a week. Although I've been seeing more confidence in myself. Also wanna try to do Insanity Workout. I heard it really works.

I'm also attempting to finish eating this Cesar salad. So much chicken.

This post has been edited by hazuki: Feb 21st 2013, 1:27 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
twitter|tumblr|last.fm|Credit: Jack
AI15:Sonika. Jenn. Adam. Trent
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Steven
post Feb 21st 2013, 1:39 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE(hazuki @ Feb 21st 2013, 1:24 PM) *

I'm starting to do lifting yes.gif. I don't know if I'm seeing any difference in my arms, but Its only been less then a week. Although I've been seeing more confidence in myself. Also wanna try to do Insanity Workout. I heard it really works.

I'm also attempting to finish eating this Cesar salad. So much chicken.

You wont see anything in a week.. Maybe in like 3 weeks you'll see a difference in yourself, but others wont be able to notice yet. I'm going to do Insanity before the summer starts, it just looks so insane not to try. haha.gif Parts of it are supposed to be like the hardest cardio workout ever, though. cold.gif

I'm having a piece of frozen pizza. fear.gif It only has 45 calories from fat, which isn't too bad... I'll just make sure I do my crunches and stuff later on.

--------------------
+Quote Post
~AngelBabi~
post Feb 21st 2013, 1:56 PM
Post #10

Fav. CI3: Melissa O'Neil
Fav. Show: One Tree Hill ♥

I started doing the elliptical for half an hour a day but after two weeks it got really boring so I stopped. I also need to start eating better.

--------------------
IPB Image
05/12/08 RIP Courtney ♥ Thanks istersay for the set
+Quote Post
Steven
post Feb 21st 2013, 4:50 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE(~AngelBabi~ @ Feb 21st 2013, 1:56 PM) *

I started doing the elliptical for half an hour a day but after two weeks it got really boring so I stopped. I also need to start eating better.

Workouts can get boring. sleeping.gif But you just gotta stay motivated.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Drew
post Feb 21st 2013, 5:14 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE(~AngelBabi~ @ Feb 21st 2013, 1:56 PM) *

I love that. It's harder than it looks though after about twenty minutes, you're like shocked.gif noexpression.gif My butt feels so good after that. Omg, tmi. giggle.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazuki
post Feb 21st 2013, 5:29 PM
Post #13

Stomp, Stomp. I have arrived

Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez
Fav. AI15: Sonika Vaid

QUOTE(Steven @ Feb 21st 2013, 1:39 PM) *

You wont see anything in a week.. Maybe in like 3 weeks you'll see a difference in yourself, but others wont be able to notice yet. I'm going to do Insanity before the summer starts, it just looks so insane not to try. haha.gif Parts of it are supposed to be like the hardest cardio workout ever, though. cold.gif

I'm having a piece of frozen pizza. fear.gif It only has 45 calories from fat, which isn't too bad... I'll just make sure I do my crunches and stuff later on.

Yeah, If I had a job I would defiantly get it. But alas, I'm trying to save up. Maybe I'll get DDP yoga. Some sort of Workout program

lmao, fatass. fear.gif. Haha I kid. Cesar salad was good today though I didnt finish all of it, their was barley any left. Ate all the chicken anyways. yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
twitter|tumblr|last.fm|Credit: Jack
AI15:Sonika. Jenn. Adam. Trent
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Steven
post Feb 21st 2013, 5:45 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE(hazuki @ Feb 21st 2013, 5:29 PM) *

lmao, fatass. fear.gif. Haha I kid. Cesar salad was good today though I didnt finish all of it, their was barley any left. Ate all the chicken anyways. yes.gif

I'm just eating whatever has a lot of protein. Protein is crazy high in chicken breast, or chicken in general. yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Smoochy
post Feb 21st 2013, 6:03 PM
Post #15

Anyone have any good recommendation for easy to prepare healthy meals besides salads? I love salad, but I can make it with no issues.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Drew
post Feb 21st 2013, 6:07 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE(Smoochy @ Feb 21st 2013, 6:03 PM) *

Anyone have any good recommendation for easy to prepare healthy meals besides salads? I love salad, but I can make it with no issues.

It's tough sometimes. I'm going to invest some time in figuring out how to cook healthy meals to take to work. Also, many times ...my family has dinner at like 9:30-10:00 on a weeknight. They say you should have your final meal of the day at least three hours before you go to bed. I swear that contributes to my issue. blushing.gif

I've just been deciding to eat less, cut the alcohol to one day a week, drink more water, and just do something physical for at least 45 minutes a day.

--------------------
+Quote Post
~AngelBabi~
post Feb 21st 2013, 6:22 PM
Post #17

Fav. CI3: Melissa O'Neil
Fav. Show: One Tree Hill ♥

I also hated the elliptical because I'm so short that it was killing my back just trying to read the handles laughing.gif I'm moving next weekend and I'll be living by the river so once it warms up I'll be able to get outside and be more active.

--------------------
IPB Image
05/12/08 RIP Courtney ♥ Thanks istersay for the set
+Quote Post
AmberTamblynFan
post Feb 21st 2013, 6:25 PM
Post #18

Fav. AI10: Casey Abrams
Fav. Movie: The Breakfast Club

Even though I love junk food, I think I am getting better at eating healthy.

My problem is exercising. I like going for walks, but lately here it's been in the minus 30s degrees Celcius, which is freezing! Once I get a job I plan on joining a gym.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Steven
post Feb 21st 2013, 7:41 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE(Smoochy @ Feb 21st 2013, 6:03 PM) *

I just boil some raviolis with some sauce. laughing.gif They don't have many calories and have low amounts of calories from fat. It really isn't too difficult to make. tongue.gif

But without cooking, if I want something to fill me up, I'll just have some fat free/low fat cheese or a yogurt.

QUOTE(~AngelBabi~ @ Feb 21st 2013, 6:22 PM) *

I also hated the elliptical because I'm so short that it was killing my back just trying to read the handles laughing.gif I'm moving next weekend and I'll be living by the river so once it warms up I'll be able to get outside and be more active.

UGH I wish I could go swimming. It's like the best exercise every. wub.gif

QUOTE(AmberTamblynFan @ Feb 21st 2013, 6:25 PM) *

Even though I love junk food, I think I am getting better at eating healthy.

My problem is exercising. I like going for walks, but lately here it's been in the minus 30s degrees Celcius, which is freezing! Once I get a job I plan on joining a gym.

I haven't had a piece of cake in like a week and a half. I miss it. sad.gif

Like I said, that's my problem. It's way too gold to go out and walk/run. I had a gym membership, but it was so far away from my house. I signed up because it was a nice private gym and was very cheap... 200 for the whole year, but there was no parking, and just too far away. It would take me like a half hour of driving to get to the gym and another back, and that doesn't count 20 minutes or more looking for parking. sleeping.gif So I eventually just stopped going...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Drew
post Feb 21st 2013, 7:51 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

^ Talk to me! crying.gif ph34rwave.gif laughing.gif

Or ...not.

This post has been edited by Drew: Feb 24th 2013, 4:41 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

35 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Feb 8th 2016, 8:26 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol