Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V < 1 2   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rock radio news
ClaireClassy
post Jan 22nd 2012, 9:59 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

It looks like they are getting organized next door. And most importantly, it looks like everyone is willing to work together and cooperate - the most important part. Good for them. I hope they have more success than this fandom did with making things happen for their favorite Idol. yes.gif

http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=681217

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 22nd 2012, 9:59 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

stooch
post Jan 22nd 2012, 11:24 PM
Post #22

QUOTE(ClaireClassy @ Jan 22nd 2012, 9:52 PM) *

I'm all ears for ideas re: the best way to do this. There are a couple places that could be "headquarters." I think the Radio_JamesDurbin facebook page might be easiest for giving directions but like I said, all ears.

Oh crap - New York touch down.

Back to this. You can PM me. The lists are ready and I know you have lists too. It needs to be publicized. I doubt there will be any promo push after the Superbowl but a final push at the end would be a nice way to move on - on a higher note that shows WindUp how dedicated our little fandom is, rather than a whimper. That was the LMB push motivation too - to show all parties what a united fan base is capable of producing. LMB charted so something worked - or maybe it was just a coincidence. But LMB has gone to overnights and the spin numbers are decreasing now. It is sitting at #50 on HAC (kworb) so I doubt we will see it on the HAC charts this week, or maybe just at the beginning of the week. The irony is that 3 new stations picked it up last week so somebody at WindUp is doing their job for radio airplay. Mediabase still shows it at 39 and the bullet is still up on the 7-day rolling reports - so go figure. They send out their emails on Mondays, or is it Tuesdays. I'm on their mailing list for HAC but I don't remember how I got on it. Last weeks email with the charts showed LMB at #38, but when the chart came out the next day it was sitting at #40.

Dallas and Portland have me mystified. Each station had a packed house for their radio shows. Portland had not had so many people vying for tickets for one of their shows before. And yet, 99% of the spins they are giving LMB, even after that show, are overnights. And Dallas does give evening spins and a tiny fraction during the day. And the PD was totally impressed with the reception James received, even had a dinner party for him and Dina, but where are the spins? Well, I've seen this with Idols before, but the song usually got enough spins to make top 25 on the HAC chart.

Stooch, radio requests often result in evening spins - no big deal there. Drive time is reserved for songs on their playlists. Did any of the stations end up adding Stand Up to their station rotations?

OK, like I said. I'm all ears.

PS - Does anyone know what station in Philly is hosting James' show tomorrow? Atlantic City is Tuesday the 24th. Then he has the two shows back to back in Libertyville and Milwaukee at the end of the month. Then?????? - prep for a tour????

OK well chat tomorrow, right now my eyes are killing me wacko.gif and I'll sleep on some of my ideas and talk about them and maybe bring in some other for input also cool.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
jjeem
post Jan 23rd 2012, 12:19 AM
Post #23

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI10: James Durbin
Fav. AI8: KRIS ALLEN

QUOTE(Naira @ Jan 22nd 2012, 1:21 AM) *

Rock 101 streaming rock radio station just played... Love In Ruins...
Does it mean anything? Is LIR the new single now? unsure.gif

I hope so. This is one of the stronger songs in the album. It has a good flow to it.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
durnet
post Jan 24th 2012, 10:29 AM
Post #24

I didn't know where to post this but this had me ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.mixphiladelphia.com/pages/logan...article=9655285

--------------------
Fave Contestants: James Durbin (AI10), Juliet Simms (TV2), Dilana (Rock Star: Supernova) Fave Artists: 2Pac, Alanis Morissette, Amy Winehouse, Beck, BjŲrk, Busta Rhymes, Dido, Ellie Goulding, Emeli Sandť, Enya, Frank Ocean, Jack White, Janelle MonŠe, Jessie Ware, Jewel, Lenny Kravitz, Lana Del Rey, Lily Allen, M.I.A., Michael Jackson, The Notorious B.I.G., Rob Zombie, Sarah McLachlan, Shaggy, Shakira, Snoop Dogg, Tracy Chapman, The Weekend Fave Groups: Air, Basement Jaxx, Beastie Boys, The Chemical Brothers, Cypress Hill, Daft Punk, Enigma, Faithless, The Fugees, Gorillaz, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Massive Attack, OutKast, The Prodigy, Wu-Tang Clan Fave Bands: Alice in Chains, The Black Keys, Dream Theater, Florence + The Machine, Foo Fighters, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Halestorm, The Heavy, Incubus, Metallica, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Pantera, Pearl Jam, Portishead, Queensrˇche, R.E.M., Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, System of a Down, Tool, U2
+Quote Post
Naira
post Jan 24th 2012, 1:29 PM
Post #25

ETA: Got it to work. Wow! He sounded EXACTLY like Steven haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif

James is so much fun. I'm really appreciating that aspect of his personality since The Bing Lounge show. wub.gif

This post has been edited by Naira: Jan 24th 2012, 1:44 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
stooch
post Jan 24th 2012, 4:14 PM
Post #26

Here's stream radio Station's for Active Rock

http://excel.office.live.com/x/ExcelView.a...+RADIO+STATIONS

Still more to come thumbsup.gif cool.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Naira
post Jan 24th 2012, 5:53 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(stooch @ Jan 24th 2012, 4:14 PM) *

Here's stream radio Station's for Active Rock

http://excel.office.live.com/x/ExcelView.a...+RADIO+STATIONS

Still more to come thumbsup.gif cool.gif

Awesome!

clap.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif plane.gif

Do we hit them all?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
stooch
post Jan 24th 2012, 6:12 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(Naira @ Jan 24th 2012, 5:53 PM) *

Awesome!

clap.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif plane.gif

Do we hit them all?

I would get everyone who want's to take part to target specific stations instead of everyone going all over the place thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ClaireClassy
post Jan 24th 2012, 6:34 PM
Post #29

QUOTE(stooch @ Jan 24th 2012, 3:12 PM) *

I would get everyone who want's to take part to target specific stations instead of everyone going all over the place thumbsup.gif

I will take instructions from you and I will repeat them where necessary. : )

--------------------
+Quote Post
ClaireClassy
post Jan 24th 2012, 6:40 PM
Post #30

LMAO at these Nickelback responses to their haters on twitter:

http://loudwire.com/nickelback-take-on-hat...st-twitter-war/

--------------------
+Quote Post
Naira
post Jan 24th 2012, 7:07 PM
Post #31

QUOTE(ClaireClassy @ Jan 24th 2012, 6:40 PM) *

LMAO at these Nickelback responses to their haters on twitter:

http://loudwire.com/nickelback-take-on-hat...st-twitter-war/

haha.gif Why do people hate on them so much? I get it they don't like them, but the hate is so strong, I'm like huh? unsure.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
stooch
post Jan 24th 2012, 8:01 PM
Post #32

QUOTE(Naira @ Jan 24th 2012, 7:07 PM) *

haha.gif Why do people hate on them so much? I get it they don't like them, but the hate is so strong, I'm like huh? unsure.gif

I don't understand the need to tell them. If you don't like them don't listen. But I do see the same thing happen with James fear2.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
stooch
post Jan 24th 2012, 8:19 PM
Post #33

QUOTE(ClaireClassy @ Jan 24th 2012, 6:34 PM) *

I will take instructions from you and I will repeat them where necessary. : )

I will listen to anything you think also, because there are probably about 20 of us who will actually do something unsure.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Naira
post Jan 24th 2012, 9:12 PM
Post #34

QUOTE(stooch @ Jan 24th 2012, 8:01 PM) *

I don't understand the need to tell them. If you don't like them don't listen. But I do see the same thing happen with James fear2.gif

yes.gif

QUOTE(stooch @ Jan 24th 2012, 8:19 PM) *

I will listen to anything you think also, because there are probably about 20 of us who will actually do something unsure.gif

20? That many? shock.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ClaireClassy
post Jan 24th 2012, 9:27 PM
Post #35

QUOTE(stooch @ Jan 24th 2012, 5:19 PM) *

Are there folks from that "other place" that will participate? I haven't seen much yet on BD. Maybe I should PM.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 25th 2014, 11:25 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol