Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

821 Pages V « < 819 820 821   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> American Idol/The Voice/X Factor/RPDR Discussion, New season starts January 7, 2015
bebeg
post Apr 1st 2015, 10:09 PM
Post #16401

Group: Members

Great night on Idol. For many reasons.....really good performances (Quentin, Jax, Clark), the results were perfect and Kelly. Love Kelly - her songs (At Last was wow!), her sense of humor. She really just doesn't give a crap and it's really refreshing.

Only negative - Harry is really getting obnoxious with his 'superiority' about music. Yes, I love that he understands music and wants to share that knowledge. But his constant talking down to the artists and the audience has become really rude. There's a better way to impart your wisdom than making everyone else feel less than you.

I continue to be crazy about Quentin. Everything about him - voice, look, performance. When Harry basically told him he needs to stop thinking so much about the look/performance and focus more on the singing we were screaming at the tv to shut up. His look and the staging along with his vocals are all part of what makes Quentin Quentin. It's okay if as an artist you don't want or need to do all the 'stuff' but it's obviously what Quentin wants to do and he does it so well.

My niece said 'he's the first contestant since Adam who seems to care about the look -his look, the look of the stage, the effect, the mood, the performance'.

Really really enjoyed tonight's show!!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Apr 1st 2015, 10:09 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

donnamb
post Apr 1st 2015, 10:17 PM
Post #16402

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

If I was on The Voice, Quentin wouldn't turn my chair on this performance. I did turn my head for the critique and could see the outre outfit (again), and can understand why Harry would say it's time to pay attention to the music performance. IMHO Adam's outfits and staging were secondary to his song choice and performance.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Apr 1st 2015, 10:26 PM
Post #16403

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

RAYVON & CLARK. UNGH! Tonight, to me, they were the BEST.

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. \ Banner by istersay
+Quote Post
crocked
post Apr 1st 2015, 10:52 PM
Post #16404

QUOTE(bebeg @ Apr 1st 2015, 10:09 PM) *

Great night on Idol. For many reasons.....really good performances (Quentin, Jax, Clark), the results were perfect and Kelly. Love Kelly - her songs (At Last was wow!), her sense of humor. She really just doesn't give a crap and it's really refreshing.

Only negative - Harry is really getting obnoxious with his 'superiority' about music. Yes, I love that he understands music and wants to share that knowledge. But his constant talking down to the artists and the audience has become really rude. There's a better way to impart your wisdom than making everyone else feel less than you.

I continue to be crazy about Quentin. Everything about him - voice, look, performance. When Harry basically told him he needs to stop thinking so much about the look/performance and focus more on the singing we were screaming at the tv to shut up. His look and the staging along with his vocals are all part of what makes Quentin Quentin. It's okay if as an artist you don't want or need to do all the 'stuff' but it's obviously what Quentin wants to do and he does it so well.

My niece said 'he's the first contestant since Adam who seems to care about the look -his look, the look of the stage, the effect, the mood, the performance'.

Really really enjoyed tonight's show!!

We are on the same page with Quentin. He is original and feels the lyrics. About pitches, I remember that P2 has that problem and his range is narrow, but he made it and has platinum sales to boot. I think 70% of the listerners are like me who can not know the right pitch, but as long as the song is pleasant to the ear, then it is ok.

As for Joey, well, like Quentin, they have their own style. Both are polarizing I think. I hope they make it to the top 5. At first, I hoped they will be on the top 10. Now I think they have a good chance of making it to the top 5... since the fetus is eliminated. I wonder to whom will his fans divert to. I do not think they dig Quentin's music, and more likely they will vote for the cuteness part. So now, we have 5 boys and 3 girls.

I do not understand Harry... for me he is not consistent.

--------------------
+Quote Post
misswood
post Apr 2nd 2015, 12:18 AM
Post #16405

The zygote has left the building! w00t.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
3ku1
post Apr 2nd 2015, 12:20 AM
Post #16406

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller

I still like Jax the best haha but thats just me. I think she well win.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Apr 2nd 2015, 9:23 AM
Post #16407

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

I don't. I don't see a girl winning. I'm thinking that Quentin could very well win the entire thing.

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. \ Banner by istersay
+Quote Post
sealuv
post Apr 2nd 2015, 10:15 AM
Post #16408

QUOTE(Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ Apr 1st 2015, 9:26 PM) *

RAYVON & CLARK. UNGH! Tonight, to me, they were the BEST.

thought so too......i'm not a Clark fan ....physically he just doesn't do it for me ....small minded ik...but for me physicality is part of the whole thing......but he killed it last night!.....as to Rayvon...he poured his soul out on that song and for Harry to say he didn't see/hear the "gravy"...idiot!........like many of you...am sick of Harry's tackless superiority ....he may know his stuff.......but he sure doesn't know how to pass it on in a positive manner to create confidence in these contestants....i really liked him in the beginning ....but now...just tired of the Harry Show....

My fav five ....Joey.... Jax....Quentin....Tyanna.....Rayvon....not into Nick....Quaasim is hit & miss...

the five who will probably make it are (and should)..... Clark, Jax, Joey, Tyanna...and hopefully Quentin.....

also thinking adam will be on around this time...Ghost Town will be released the week of the final five, i believe.......

--------------------
2015 IS GONNA BE ..... NUTS...MAC..'ADAM'..IA NUTS!
+Quote Post
MicheleDE
post Apr 2nd 2015, 12:22 PM
Post #16409

Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry

I'm also tired of Harry's superiority and making others (contestants and audience) fell less than - he sure can be an idiot sometimes. There are times I really like him and find him funny, other times (like recently) he is just an ass.

I think they've been doing better with not focusing on JLo during the performances as much, until last night, I think it may have been Clark? but they stayed on her a tad too long during the actual performance. That really irks me, the focus of the 1.5 minute performance should 100% be on the contestant. If they want a judge's reaction, put it in the pip (picture-in-picture) box.

I thought Kelly was outstanding, and idk what took them so long to have her as mentor, but she was fantastic. I love her humor, too. She's so down to earth and likable. I loved her razzing Harry, too. She does tend to talk a lot lol. Her performances were exquisite! Ugh! At Last! Amaaaazzzing!!!! She is QUEEN!

My favorite performances were: Jax (she did great, I love her style! but I think that train on her dress distracted her, if it weren't for that, I think she would've been a little more focused when she got off the piano), Joey (that jazzy rendition was so good! Harry can shut up), Tyanna was good, too, Quentin (he really does need to work more on his vocals, but I love his style, staging etc is all part of the performance), and then Clark (he really doesn't move me at all - last week he did, but not this week. He knows what to do with his voice, but he doesn't emote most of the time. I think he's really cute, but I have to FEEL IT!).

Yay Daniel is gone! That was absolutely atrocious and the worst Top 10 performance in Idol history! If Simon was there, he would not have been kind, regardless of his age. And the fact that he was just happy to be on TV, and not for doing a good job singing, states volumes. You need to want to be an artist/singer, etc. and do your best at working towards that goal, not want to be on tv, be a star, be famous just for the sake of it. You need to be like Tyanna, Jax, etc. who you KNOW love to sing and live for it.

Rayvon did great, but I remember how last week he basically rolled his eyes at Boy George's advice and didn't do it, and I did not like his attitude or performance. It's one thing to know what you want and how you want to do it, but you need to be gracious and open-minded as well. Listen to advice as it is offered (by experts, no less!) and don't shrug it off. That's just stupid, imo.

I really like Qaasim, but his vocals just are not there, and they never were. He's more likely to miss notes more than hit them. His performance is what he's good at - vocals are and have never been his strong point. Sad, I think he's a likable guy, and people would probably go to his shows to see him perform, even without good vocals. Probably, idk. But there are lots of artists that don't have great vocals and people go to see them perform. I wouldn't - I need the vocals.

We are so spoiled. Adam has the best vocals, the best performance, and the best looks, a unique style, sweet personality, gracious attitude - he is just amazing in all these ways. There just aren't any more like him! We've been saying this all along, and obviously there hasn't been another who can hold a candle to him. wub.gif

I think he'll probably have a guest spot to sing his new single "Ghost Town" when it comes out!!! IPB Image

Going home:
I think Qaasim will be going home next week. Or Nick (who I forgot to rate, he's just forgettable most of the time, although he did well last week, I think he's capable of so much more).

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

821 Pages V « < 819 820 821
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Sep 4th 2015, 8:12 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol