Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

31 Pages V « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jennifer Hudson Fan Thread ~ Supporter Thread, She's Living In The Spotlight
idolfan21
post Aug 25th 2008, 9:06 PM
Post #321

Group: Members

Barack Obama asks Jennifer Hudson to sing the National Anthem:

"Barack Obama has asked "American Idol" contestant and Oscar-winning "Dreamgrls" actress Jennifer Hudson to sing at the Democratic National Convention in Denver.

According to "Access Hollywood," Obama asked Hudson to sing the National Anthem on Thursday night when he formally accepts the party's nomination.

Wow. That's pretty big. It's bound to be a moving moment for everyone there and a huge moment in American history. I'm keeping Kleenex on hand.

Congrats, Jennifer!

On top of this, her debut album, "Jennifer Hudson," comes out Sept. 30.

And her new film, "The Secret Life of Bees," opposite Queen Latifah, Alicia Keys and Dakota Fanning, is in theaters Oct. 17."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag...k-obama-as.html

Good on Jennifer!

This post has been edited by idolfan21: Aug 25th 2008, 9:07 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Aug 25th 2008, 9:06 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

mastriod2000
post Aug 25th 2008, 10:06 PM
Post #322

Thanks for the update. Thats going to be something to see. And I'm glad everyone is liking this thread original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mastriod2000
post Aug 26th 2008, 8:04 PM
Post #323

"Imagine"
(Imagine Album by John Lennon, 1971)
American Idol Season 3-Group 1 February 10, 2004

My Comments
Ah the first time our girl Jenn actually performed on the live Idol stage. Back in season 3 there were groups of 4 with 8 contestants and Jennifer was in the first group Along with season winner and runner up Fantasia & Diana. So we got some good performances that night and Jennifer's was one of them. Jennifer chose the song "Imagine" by John Lennon. For me this would be just and odd choice for her because while it may be a good choice for some Idols with more petite voices (David A., please don't cut my head off)But this song just does not show what Jennifer is capable of. While the judges did like it and I did to I find it one of my least favorite performances from her. When I saw her in that White Leather coat I expected my girl Jenn to come out and tear the stage up but instead I think she played it too safe this round. A group where Jenn should have not played safe at all. With Diana's energetic performance at the beginning of the show and Fantasia's wow factor that closed the show Jenn was left overshadowed and voters went for the two performances that had them on their feet. Jenn does have good control of this song and her tone sounds great but for me it really didn't do anything for her to show America what she can do. Luckily she got chosen for Wildcard and pulled and amazing classic Whitney Houston which suit her to a tee. So our girl later on learned how to pick songs thats showed her range. I'll chalk this song choice as just a honest mistake on Jenn's part.

This post has been edited by mastriod2000: Aug 26th 2008, 8:09 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mastriod2000
post Aug 28th 2008, 5:05 PM
Post #324

J-Hud Sings The National Anthem at the DNC Today
IPB Image
Thats right our girl Jennifer Hudson was asked by presidential nominee Sen. Barack Obama himself to sing the Star Spangled Banner this evening at the closing ceremonies of the Democratic National Convention. source

"His reps called and said we'd love for you to sing the anthem on Thursday," Hudson's rep tells PEOPLE. "She's thrilled and excited. It's a tremendous honor."

My Comments
This honor has been bestowed on many established singers to sing the national anthem at events such as the Super Bowl or the World Series or any political or sports event that supports the American Dream. Probably the most famous rendition of the National Anthem was sung at the Super Bowl XXV in 1991 by R/B Legend Whitney Houston. She recorded a single for her rendition and it peaked at #20 on the Billboard 100 charts. It was then re-released after the 9/11 attacks with all profits going towards the firefighters and victims of the attacks. It peaked at number six on the Hot 100 and was certified platinum by the RIAA.

Following that Jennifer has a lot to prove and I feel she will do a great job. I find that this will not be the first time Jennifer Hudson has sung this song for an event. Jennifer gave her rendition at the Dodgers Stadium honoring Jackie Robinson Day

This was my first time seeing this and I was blown away even though in some parts the fireworks they were shooting drowned her out a little bit. But after hearing this I know she will do well this eveningand I can't wait to hear her. Here's hoping this Hudson's rendition will go down in history with Houston's.

note*-You can catch the this moment at the DNC Live Coverage which can be found on CNN or CSPAN. Or you can also catch live coverage on the DNC main website here. She is set to appear sometime between the hours of 3:00pm-5:00pm local MT time. To find your timezone you can use this so you won't miss it. If you miss it you will be posted on the DNC website or I will post it once I get the video of the performance

--------------------
+Quote Post
luv4llnnt1
post Aug 28th 2008, 6:58 PM
Post #325

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/28/j...t_n_122243.html

--------------------
+Quote Post
mastriod2000
post Aug 28th 2008, 7:32 PM
Post #326

Thanks for the video original.gif I'll give my feedback on it in a bit

--------------------
+Quote Post
dhealy2003
post Aug 28th 2008, 11:03 PM
Post #327

Fav. AI3: Jennifer Hudson
Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. AI8: Matt Giraud

I really liked "Imagine," although I agree that it wasn't one of my main faves from her. I loved the gospelesque version she did. It was beautiful, just like everything she sang. grin.gif She got my votes that night.

--------------------
AI1: Kelly, Tamyra, RJ; AI2: Kimberley L, Kimberly C, Trenyce, Ruben; AI3: Jennifer, Fantasia, George, Latoya, Leah; AI4: Vonzell, Nikko, Nadia, Bo B, Carrie; AI5: Elliott, Paris, Katharine, Mandisa, Chris, Taylor; AI6: Melinda, Blake, Stephanie, Phil, Chris, Jordin, Lakisha; AI7: David C, Carly, Syesha, Michael, Jason C, David A, David H, Chikezie, Amanda; AI8: Matt G, Allison, Megan, Adam, Kris, Danny, Anoop, Alexis, Jorge; AI9: Casey, Crystal, Michael; AI10: Haley, Pia, Casey, Stefano, Jacob, James, Naima; AI11: Joshua, DeAndre, Elise, Jessica, Colton, Phillip; AI12: Candice, Angie, Kree, Amber, Devin, Burnell, Janelle; AI13: Jena, Alex, Caleb, Majesty, Jessica
+Quote Post
mastriod2000
post Aug 29th 2008, 10:24 AM
Post #328

QUOTE(dhealy2003 @ Aug 29th 2008, 12:03 AM) *

I really liked "Imagine," although I agree that it wasn't one of my main faves from her. I loved the gospelesque version she did. It was beautiful, just like everything she sang. grin.gif She got my votes that night.

thanks dhealy for replying. Yeah Imagine would have to be one of my least favorite's from Jenn as well. It also didn't help being in the same group with Diana and Fantasia because they honestly stole the show from everyone else that night. From this performance I didn't get a sense of who Jennifer was or what she could do. While a great singer and rendition this song didn't do well for her as it would or has done for other idol finalist. It does show she has versatility in music as I was not at all expecting her to pick a song like that. She has such a big Whitney/Jennifer Holiday type of voice that a soft spoken song like "Imagine" won't really show what she can do.

I may have skipped Jenn on the voting that night because Fantasia really won me over that night, but glad she got picked for Wild Card

This post has been edited by mastriod2000: Aug 29th 2008, 10:25 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
idolfan21
post Aug 29th 2008, 1:22 PM
Post #329

Jennifer killed that rendition of the National Anthem! Good on her! So proud.

--------------------
+Quote Post
siren
post Aug 30th 2008, 10:38 AM
Post #330

Jennifer did a wonderful job on the National Anthem. She has a very powerful voice.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Megan
post Aug 30th 2008, 11:05 AM
Post #331

Group: Blend Artists

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry

She did a great job singing the National Anthem.

--------------------
Request from me at O.O.C Designs | Credit: MeIPB Image
8.1: Met Kris, Anoop, Danny, Matt, Michael, Megan, and Scott in Charlotte
+Quote Post
mastriod2000
post Aug 30th 2008, 10:19 PM
Post #332

"The Star Spangled Banner"
Democratic National Convention, August 28, 2008

My Comments
This day was definitely a Day that American's will remember because August 28, 2008 was the day when the very first African American was nominated for a Major Political Party. Barack Obama really made history that day and our girl Jennifer Hudson was there to set the All American tone by singing the National Anthem. Our girl was handpicked by the presidential candidate himself which was an honor in itself. I mean Obama could have easily picked someone like Beyonce, Aretha, or even Whitney. But it goes to show he sees something in Jennifer that I think a lot of people miss about her these days that she is a upcoming legend herself. This was a moment for Jennifer to shine and she did. Now I caught this LIVE, and let me tell you I was blown away. You get a sense of realness of emotion when hearing one of your favorite singers sing live and I got that from this performance. You can tell she poured it all into this performance. Going into the part of "And our flag was still there" when she held that note she gave me goosebumps. For me a very innovative performance from Jennifer. Obama made a great choice by choosing her to sing on a very historic day. If Jennifer was nervous which a few have said I really couldn't tell. I mean who wouldn't be nervous singing in front of an estimated audience 85,000. More than any audience on Idol. But a performance like this you don't care about the negatives because the message Jennifer portrayed got across to those people there and at home that American is a place you want to be. Way to go Jennifer you did your country proud

*small note the Nielson ratings for Obama's speech brought in a estimated 38 million viewers. More than the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics in Beijing, The 2008 Academy Awards, and The American Idol Finale.
source

This post has been edited by mastriod2000: Aug 30th 2008, 10:21 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
xxCrossedxx
post Aug 31st 2008, 1:59 AM
Post #333

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Josh and Jessica

u can buy her recorded version of the national anthem on itunes original.gif!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
mastriod2000
post Sep 3rd 2008, 6:11 PM
Post #334

"Baby I Love You"
(Aretha Arrives Album, 1967)
American Idol Season 3-Top 12 Soul Night March 16,2004

My Comments
Top 12 night season 3 gave us some pretty great performances and some good performances and some bad ones. This performance I would say goes under the good category that night. Jennifer channeled The Queen herself Aretha and did "Baby I Love You". For me I was thought Fantasia would be the first to crank out an Aretha song that night but she went with Stevie though. Jennifer can definitely handle any Aretha song with ease but I feel this one was not giving us what we wanted from Jennifer. Again our girl has a big voice and while it was good the song was a little too small for Jennifer. I think Aretha's "Ain't No Way" "Something He Can Feel" or "Hooked On Your Love" would have been better choices for her. BILY for me didn't make the impact that Jennifer needed to become a front-runner like what Fantasia and Latoya had did earlier on in the competition. She just barely made it the next night being in the bottom 2 with Leah (who was a train wreak). Honestly that performance didn't even deserve for her to be in the bottom 3 that night as she was not bad at all. Either it was Simon's comments of her over-singing the song that got her in the bottom or the audience at home just was not connecting with Jennifer yet. I did

--------------------
+Quote Post
dhealy2003
post Sep 3rd 2008, 6:20 PM
Post #335

QUOTE(mastriod2000 @ Sep 3rd 2008, 6:11 PM) *

"Baby I Love You"
(Aretha Arrives Album, 1967)
American Idol Season 3-Top 12 Soul Night March 16,2004

My Comments
Top 12 night season 3 gave us some pretty great performances and some good performances and some bad ones. This performance I would say goes under the good category that night. Jennifer channeled The Queen herself Aretha and did "Baby I Love You". For me I was thought Fantasia would be the first to crank out an Aretha song that night but she went with Stevie though. Jennifer can definitely handle any Aretha song with ease but I feel this one was not giving us what we wanted from Jennifer. Again our girl has a big voice and while it was good the song was a little too small for Jennifer. I think Aretha's "Ain't No Way" "Something He Can Feel" or "Hooked On Your Love" would have been better choices for her. BILY for me didn't make the impact that Jennifer needed to become a front-runner like what Fantasia and Latoya had did earlier on in the competition. She just barely made it the next night being in the bottom 2 with Leah (who was a train wreak). Honestly that performance didn't even deserve for her to be in the bottom 3 that night as she was not bad at all. Either it was Simon's comments of her over-singing the song that got her in the bottom or the audience at home just was not connecting with Jennifer yet. I did

I did too. I certainly voted for Jennifer, and it was quite discouraging when she was in the bottom two. I quite enjoyed this performance, and I don't think she got near the credit she deserved.

--------------------
AI1: Kelly, Tamyra, RJ; AI2: Kimberley L, Kimberly C, Trenyce, Ruben; AI3: Jennifer, Fantasia, George, Latoya, Leah; AI4: Vonzell, Nikko, Nadia, Bo B, Carrie; AI5: Elliott, Paris, Katharine, Mandisa, Chris, Taylor; AI6: Melinda, Blake, Stephanie, Phil, Chris, Jordin, Lakisha; AI7: David C, Carly, Syesha, Michael, Jason C, David A, David H, Chikezie, Amanda; AI8: Matt G, Allison, Megan, Adam, Kris, Danny, Anoop, Alexis, Jorge; AI9: Casey, Crystal, Michael; AI10: Haley, Pia, Casey, Stefano, Jacob, James, Naima; AI11: Joshua, DeAndre, Elise, Jessica, Colton, Phillip; AI12: Candice, Angie, Kree, Amber, Devin, Burnell, Janelle; AI13: Jena, Alex, Caleb, Majesty, Jessica
+Quote Post
mastriod2000
post Sep 3rd 2008, 6:28 PM
Post #336

Yeah my votes got split that night for Jennifer and Fantasia. The bottom 3 was Jenn Amy and Leah. Even though I liked Camile over all she should have definitely been in her place instead with her weak version of SOAPM. The thing with Camile though I thought she was a good singer but she just needed to get over her nerves and that never happened with her because her audition was good. But anyway Jenn should have not been in the bottom at all that night.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mastriod2000
post Sep 11th 2008, 1:21 PM
Post #337

Props Are Due For Jennifer:Spotlight Single Lands #3 spot on
Hot R&B Hip-Hop Charts
IPB Image
IPB Image

J-Hud At #3

My Comments:Like I said Props are due for Jennifer Hudson. Her First single Spotlight off of her upcoming self titled album has reached #3 on the Billboard Hot R&B Hip-Hop Charts today. For Jennifer it is her first Top 5 single in her career and I'm sure there are many more to come. I know a lot of people doubted Jennifer saying "Spotlight' wouldn't gain momentum but I mean this just proves all those Haters wrong. Hopefully next Thursday when the charts are updated we can see her at #1 with her first single. Jennifer has come a long way and her singles deserves the spot that it's in right now. She is truly in the Spotlight.

Jennifer's September TV Appearances
Jennifer takes over the airways all month long with a series of TV Appearances. Check them out:

* September 19 - Good Morning America (ABC)
* September 26 - Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno (NBC)
* September 29 - Good Morning America (ABC)
* September 29 - The View (ABC)
* September 30 - Early Show (CBS)

Don't forget Jennifer's Album comes out September 30th of this month so make sure you go by a copy. Also Fans if you want to stay with Jennifer and hear the latest new about Jennifer's Album you can sign up for her email mailing list on her Myspace which includes previews of more songs from the album. I just received a snippet of the song "Pocketbook" and It's hot so if you want to hear it sign up for the mailing list and get it sent to you.

Jennifer's Myspace

This post has been edited by mastriod2000: Sep 11th 2008, 1:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
idolfan21
post Sep 13th 2008, 7:30 PM
Post #338

According to Amazon.com, the following is the tracklisting for Jennifer Hudson:

1. Spotlight
2. If This Isn't Love
3. Pocketbook featuring Ludacris
4. Giving Myself
5. What's Wrong (Go Away) featuring T-Pain
6. My Heart
7. You Pulled Me Through
8. I'm His Only Woman featuring Fantasia
9. Can't Stop The Rain
10. We Gon' Fight
11. Invisible
12. And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going (Highlights Version) Dreamgirls (Motion Picture Soundtrack)
13. Jesus Promised Me A Home Over There

Originally, "I'm His Only Woman" was featuring Jazmine Sullivan (http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/08/jennifer-hudson.html?xid=rss-popwatch-20080815-Jennifer%20Hudson).
If this is final, I won't be mad. A J-Hud/Fantasia collabo would blow up the charts. A new era of "The Boy Is Mine" is just what we need.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mastriod2000
post Sep 13th 2008, 9:19 PM
Post #339

I thought it would be with Jazmine Sullivan because she said it in a interview. I don't mind having Fantasia but I just think a Jazmine would have been a better choice. But the diva's going at it again will be interesting. Thanks for the info original.gif

edit:They are now saying the tracklist is fake. There are some songs that were confirmed that are not included. And Jennifer herself recored I'm His Only Women with Jasmine so I wouldn't trust this tracklist just yet.

This post has been edited by mastriod2000: Sep 13th 2008, 9:25 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
dhealy2003
post Sep 13th 2008, 9:36 PM
Post #340

QUOTE(idolfan21 @ Sep 13th 2008, 7:30 PM) *

8. I'm His Only Woman featuring Fantasia

heart.gif shocked.gif w00t.gif bounce.gif omg.gif w00tbounce.gif clap.gif teeheebounce.gif spaz.gif bobo.gif wub.gif drool.gif kalanpirate.gif

QUOTE(mastriod2000 @ Sep 13th 2008, 9:19 PM) *

edit:They are now saying the tracklist is fake. There are some songs that were confirmed that are not included. And Jennifer herself recored I'm His Only Women with Jasmine so I wouldn't trust this tracklist just yet.

crying.gif ermm.gif getlost.gif pinch.gif shocked.gif mad.gif bye2.gif fear2.gif argh.gif broken_heart.gif censored.gif no.gif thumbdown.gif sad.gif kalancry.gif

Wow. You sure changed my emotions quickly. sad.gif

This post has been edited by dhealy2003: Sep 13th 2008, 9:37 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

31 Pages V « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 18th 2014, 8:12 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol