Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

182 Pages V « < 178 179 180 181 182 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lewis' lists 2.0, Starting anew!
Harkins
post Feb 23rd 2014, 5:07 PM
Post #3581

Group: NX Subscribers

SYTYCD AU4
Ranking the Top 10 Guys: Post-Showcase

So I like all the guys at least a little bit, so this is super difficult to rank. I'm sure my rankings next week will depend purely on who does well next week because I don't really have anything all that bad to say about any of them.

#10: Chris
IPB Image

Sorry dude, you seem really nice and you're really quite attractive, but on a night with great guys, you completely disappeared. I like what I did see though so all hope is not lost.

#09: Stephen
IPB Image

So I really liked Stephen at first, then that solo happened and he plummeted down my rankings. Like Chris he was by no means bad tonight, but he just didn't stand out what so ever in a field of incredible guys. So. Yeah.

#08: Sam
IPB Image

Sorry Sam fans, I just cannot get into him. He's a strong dancer (and super ripped), but he's just not for me. Yeah. that's pretty much all I have to say about him at this point in time. The fact that I know he is going to win bums me out as well.

#07: Jordan
IPB Image

Jordan is one person I like but I don't really know why haha.gif He must have been featured in Top 100 but I don't know what in unsure.gif Anyways, he was alright in his piece tonight, it's kinda unfortunate that he was in a routine with two girls doing pointe work but still, he impressed me enough, and I'm excited to see how he gets on in the next few weeks.

#06: Blonde
IPB Image

I was really stuck on the next two even though they are about as different as they could possibly be. Anyways I know this doesn't need to be said, but Blonde is truly a world-class bboy and I love watching him perform, but what surprised me the most from the showcase is how well he did in the sync sections of both his routines, like he really surprised me and while I don't have the highest hopes for him from what we saw of his ballroom I'm more than willing to watch him try.

#05: Michael
IPB Image

I just really like watching Michael dance. Whether in his solo or his showcase his movement just really captivates and he's clearly a creative guy. It was shame his showcase was so trick heavy, but the athleticism and muscality he showed in it made up for me not noticing him in the boys number. I'm very excited for him and Nadiah next week!

#04: Jay
IPB Image
So I was kinda underwhelmed by Jay based on the showcase. After getting so much airtime during Top 100, he really didn't catch my attention at all and this ranking is purely based on what I'd seen from him before. Well that and he's positively adorable.

#03: Joel
IPB Image

Joel straight up murdered the boys number. Like totally demolished it, I was watching him the whole time. It's a shame that to me he kinda fell flat in the urban group. I think it's very very apparent he's one of the strongest dancers and performers this year though and I cannot wait to see more of him

#02: Patric
IPB Image

Patric could be one of the most attractive SYTYCD contestants ever in my opinion. So of course we should all be very thankful to Tiana for letting him be super sexy and drawing mucho attention to the crotch area. I mean that whole routine was amazing and he slayed it. Adding to that the fact that was amazing in the guys number as well, I think it's very fair to say Patric won the showcase hands down. Like I already absolutely adore him and like Michael I just really love watching him perform, regardless of how many clothes he's wearing.

#01: Thabang
IPB Image

It annoys me so much that I always fall for fodder. Every. Single. Time. I mean when Thabang can dance as incredibly as did in the ballroom number and get critiqued for it I've got no hope. I am very glad he's partnered with Maddie because based on his instagram he's got some Contemporary trainingm and I think they'll be amazing together. He really is the Alan of this season. I mean he even did his final solo to Mas Que Nada, how I meant to resist? Anyways imma be super pissed when he bottoms next week and even more so when he bottoms every week after tat till he leaves, but I will enjoy him while it lasts.

CODE
[b]#10: Chris[/b]
[b]#09: Stephen[/b]
[b]#08: Sam[/b]
[b]#07: Jordan[/b]
[b]#06: Blonde[/b]
[b]#05: Michael[/b]
[b]#04: Jay[/b]
[b]#03: Joel[/b]
[b]#02: Patric[/b]
[b]#01: Thabang[/b]

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 23rd 2014, 5:07 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

HeckYeahSYTYCD
post Feb 23rd 2014, 5:32 PM
Post #3582

Group: Members

Fav. SYTYCD3: Danny Tidwell
Fav. SYTYCDC4: Melissa Mitro
Fav. SYTYCD10: Aaron Turner

QUOTE(Harkins @ Feb 23rd 2014, 9:39 PM) *

Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.... your sig suggests maybe not.

If you switched Jordan and Thabang, we'd have the exact same ranking (except maybe I'd switch Michael and Jay, but maybe not.... And maybe Chris and Stephen too, but they're much of a muchness right now) unsure.gif It may fall apart a bit on the girls, but I'll admit my opinions on them are unpopular as hizell.

#10: Chris Eh. He seems like a super nice and fun guy and he's crazy hot. He'll have a super successful dance career as a back up dancer or something, but as a stand alone dancer on a show like this? I'm not convinced.
#09: Stephen I don't remember ever seeing him before that solo unsure.gif But yeah, that solo was baaad. And I know he was trying to do the tango thing for his Grandfather, which would have been amazing if he'd pulled it off, but he didn't.
#08: Sam I'm very open to being converted by him (and I think that's very likely to happen), but as of now, I think he's a pile of meh. I think hi contemporary technique is great (although Michael and maybe Jordan are better) but he lacks even a shread of uniqueness to his movement. Like he just does the moves, nothing more, if that makes sense. I don't necessarily agree that he's going to win, but at this point in time he has a very good chance, but I still think there are a good few people who can take it from him.
#07: Jordan LOVE. He was featured in the contemporary round, and was briefly shown in hip-hop too bleh.gif He'd caught my eyes in the previews and I was delighted when they showed him. I connected with him instantly, thanks to him having a similar backstory to me and he blew me away in the contemporary round. And I'm really excited about him in this competition.
#06: Blonde He's a crazy good bboy and I agree, he was great at the choreography too. I think he's going to be a surprisingly good contestant, I thought he did pretty great in the ballroom after a bit of a disaster in the contemporary, but I do worry about his partnering.
#05: Michael He's an incredibly beautiful dancer. I worry there won't be room for both him and Sam in the later stages of the competition and I know which one will win out sad.gif
#04: Jay If I actually made myself watch him in the showcase routines, he was great, but I did struggle to watch him over Joel, who was outshining everyone. I really really like him though, I think he'll do well in this competition. But I think that about a lot of the guys, so who knows?
#03: Joel I think he did an incredible final solo and was definitely strongest in the top 10 guys number and the urban. You think he fell flat? sad.gif Or is that just a gripe about the choreography? Because I thought it was a phenomenal number and he was the best thing in it.
#02: Patric Oh my god so attractive. And so SO good. He's such a strong hip hop dancer and I think he's going to be very versatile. His final solo was incredible.
#01: Thabang I really like him as well. He seems like such a sweet and funny guy and he's a solid ballroom dancer. I do think he'll be fodder, unfortunately (although he is like my 7th favourite guy, so I guess I'd cut him early too, but I'd still take him over all but 3 of the girls), but then again, as one of only 2 ballroomers, maybe that will help him stand out? unsure.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
SYTYCDAU4: Jordan. Patric. Ashleigh. Joel. Michael. Blond. Jay.
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Feb 23rd 2014, 5:44 PM
Post #3583

QUOTE(HeckYeahSYTYCD @ Feb 23rd 2014, 10:32 PM) *

It may fall apart a bit on the girls, but I'll admit my opinions on them are unpopular as hizell.

I don't really have much of an opinion of most of them as of yet but we'll see! I'll reply to you sometime in the next few days happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Erestor
post Feb 23rd 2014, 5:46 PM
Post #3584

#10: Chris Yeah he seems super nice and I also have a hard time not trying to laugh when someone tells me not to, but yeah.. that's about it. tongue.gif He's pretty forgettable.
#09: Stephen He seems like a versatile dancer with solid training but that solo was really a wtf moment.
#08: Sam He's very talented but if he wins it will be such a predictable outcome. He's already giving me Robbie vibes and that's not good.
#07: Jordan He seems like an all-around great dancer and I liked him in everything I've seen from him so far. Favorite guy right now.
#06: Blonde He's awesome at what he does and puts a lot of personality into his dancing as well which is good, but I will wait to see how he does in other styles before I call myself a fan.
#05: Michael He's totally a type of a male dancer I like, his quality of movement is just incredible. Hope he can make it far because I can see him growing on me even more as the competition goes on.
#04: Jay I love his personality and style. He seems very down to earth and the fact he describes himself as a tap/urban dancer makes him unique. Hope he can be versatile.
#03: Joel He's good at what he does but he doesn't stand out for me at all. We'll see how he does with partner work.
#02: Patric He's definitely a force to be reckoned with on the guys side and he killed that Hip Hop number. I can see him making it very far.
#01: Thabang I don't really care for him right now, but I did think he was a lot better in the Ballroom routine than Kathaleen. I'm not sure what to think about his partnership with Maddie yet, but if they can work things out and be the Amandulo (Amanda and Romulo from ASB1) of the season, then I'm fine with that.

This post has been edited by Erestor: Feb 23rd 2014, 5:46 PM

--------------------
bbcan2: neda adel heather jon anick ika. surv28: jefra kass spencer lj morgan trish.
+Quote Post
HeckYeahSYTYCD
post Feb 23rd 2014, 5:48 PM
Post #3585

Fav. SYTYCD3: Danny Tidwell
Fav. SYTYCDC4: Melissa Mitro
Fav. SYTYCD10: Aaron Turner

QUOTE(Harkins @ Feb 23rd 2014, 10:44 PM) *

I don't really have much of an opinion of most of them as of yet but we'll see! I'll reply to you sometime in the next few days happy.gif

I have a lot of opinions, but almost all of them lead to the outcome of meh haha.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
SYTYCDAU4: Jordan. Patric. Ashleigh. Joel. Michael. Blond. Jay.
+Quote Post
zyanazur
post Feb 23rd 2014, 6:16 PM
Post #3586

Fav. SYTYCD5: Brandon Bryant
Fav. SYTYCDC3: Denys Drozdyuk
Fav. YCDPL3: Marcin Mroziński

#10: Chris: He reminds me of Adam from CA4, well-built masculine commercial jazz dancer. Perhaps he will shine during the next few weeks? But yes, while he appears everywhere in the pre-live footages he was a complete non-identity before I rewatched them. He just kinda blends in.
#09: Stephen: He always stands out to me because of his neon-blond hair. Can't say I care much about him right now.
#08: Sam: That innocent farm boy act is eye roll-inducing. Apart from that great dancer, for now his incredible control about his movements and musicality puts him above Michael for me.
#07: Jordan: I can only speak for myself but the first time he catched my attention was when he was coupled with Kathaleen during the HipHop round. Perhaps I was swayed by the dynamic camera work but I thought he showed a lot of potential during that wink.gif
#06: Blonde: He's one of the best bboys I've seen on any sytycd version so I would root for him based alond on that but your analysis is spot on. We will see how he fares in Ballroom but if there is as little as there was last season this probably won't factor in much (much to your dismay, I presume tongue.gif )
#05: Michael: I'm still on the fence about him. He comes off as very young when he dances, great lines and impressive tricks but slightly uninspired which is also why I wasn't quite sold on him during his routine with Sam. Perhaps that will change when he is partnered with a performer like Nadiah?
#04: Jay: My favorite part of him is still that tap battle during Vegas. Somehow I can never quite remember what he did before so I can understand your sentiment towards him.
#03: Joel: It would have been hard to ignore him when he was front and center in the beginning of the group routine tongue.gif But unlike you I also thought he did a great job in the other showcase number as well by playing the geek role believably and even his tapping wasn't half bad.
#02: Patric: Couldn't care less about how much clothing he wears but agreed, I simply love seeing him perform with how much character he brings in whenever he dances thumbsup.gif
#01: Thabang: You sure are optimistic, aren't you? haha.gif As long as he survives next week I feel he should be safe by being coupled with Maddie presuming people vote for couples starting next week. And if not then people better start recognizing his talent because he's done great so far in everything as I can tell yes.gif

--------------------
SYTYCDAU4 ♂ :: Michael • Patric • Blond • Joel

IPB Image

SYTYCDAU4 ♀ :: Renelle • Nadiah • Yukino • Eden
+Quote Post
leee
post Mar 1st 2014, 6:02 PM
Post #3587

Fav. SYTYCD5: Janette Manrara
Fav. Murder Police: Lester Freamon

http://instagram.com/p/k_V0nWo2f0/

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Mar 2nd 2014, 7:33 AM
Post #3588

Fyi, I wanted to do a girls ranking post-showcase, but I'm watching the top 20 show now, and I'll be doing a top 18 ranking after so just for comparison

10. Zoey
9. Renelle
8. Kathaleen
7. Maddie
6. Sally
5. Eden
4. Ashleigh
3. Yukino
2. Nadiah
1. Lauren

--------------------
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Mar 7th 2014, 5:22 PM
Post #3589

I'm feeling an itch to list something tonight. Might do another top of a certain genre lists. SPOILERS: It won't be a standard

--------------------
+Quote Post
buffmetube
post Mar 7th 2014, 8:14 PM
Post #3590

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

LOL you were so right about your Thabang assessment of him being fodder.

--------------------
IPB Image
SYTYCD AU4: Patric. Nadiah. Sam. Jordan. Eden. Michael. Yukino. Jay
+Quote Post
sublymonal
post Mar 9th 2014, 11:19 AM
Post #3591

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI8: Michael Sarver
Fav. AI9: Lee DeWyze

Lewisssss. Could you be a darling and update the routines lists on the Reloaded Intro post so I can pick my five routines? whistling.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Mar 9th 2014, 11:47 AM
Post #3592

I'll do so tonight. Maybe.

--------------------
+Quote Post
totes4totes
post Mar 9th 2014, 12:28 PM
Post #3593

Fav. SYTYCDA2: Talia Fowler
Fav. SYTYCDC2: Jayme Rae Dailey
Fav. Movie: Star Wars V

QUOTE(sublymonal @ Mar 9th 2014, 11:19 AM) *

Lewisssss. Could you be a darling and update the routines lists on the Reloaded Intro post so I can pick my five routines? whistling.gif

I can help you:
Top 20: Jazz w/Elissa ""River" - Alexandre Desplat (Safe)
Top 18: Hip-hop w/Elissa "Bandz A Make Her Dance" - Juicy J ft. Lil' Wayne (Top Routine)
Top 16: Paso Doble w/Elissa "Samson and Delilah" - Shirley Manson (Bottom 3)
Top 14: Contemporary w/Elissa "Puppet Master" - Marissa Nadler (Top Routine)
Top 12: Lyrical Hip-hop w/Elissa "Pink Matter" - Frank Ocean ft. Andre 3000 (Bottom 3)
Top 12: Lyrical Jazz w/Elissa "Myth" - Beach House (Bottom 3)
Top 10: Argentine Tango w/Christina "Tango del Atardecer" by Lola Schrifrin & Carlos Saura (Safe)
Top 09: Latin/Jazz Fusion w/Artem "Tango para percusiσn" - Lalo Schifrin (Safe)
Top 08: Dancehall w/ Lucinda "Pon De Replay" - Rihanna (Eliminated)
Top 08: Bollywood w/Cruz "Salaam Bombay" - A.J. Rahman (Eliminated)

Not saying that Jay had a lot of great routines that should probably easily fill up your top 5...I am just saying.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
OB2 April 19
SYTYCD2013: Tamara Arruti, Jenna Johnson AU4: Yukino
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Mar 18th 2014, 7:37 PM
Post #3594

Totally over AU4 so the sig had to go. Haven't watch last week's episode and I have intention of watching it this week.

--------------------
+Quote Post
leee
post Mar 18th 2014, 11:07 PM
Post #3595

Fav. SYTYCD5: Janette Manrara
Fav. Murder Police: Lester Freamon

Best signature.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Mar 25th 2014, 5:43 AM
Post #3596

IPB Image
ALAN AND JACK SITTING NEXT TO EACH OTHER ON THE WAY TO TRAIN FOR THE SHOW THEYRE IN TOGETHER #fanboying

--------------------
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Mar 30th 2014, 9:58 PM
Post #3597

Carrying on my MTV The Challenge: Rivals II conversations from DC Real Champions Battle.

My two fave guy teams left are going into elimination together sad.gif That will leave one team I like and 3 teams of absolute assholes. Seriously awful voting.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Mar 30th 2014, 10:09 PM
Post #3598

Frank is the most disgusting person ever.

--------------------
+Quote Post
DiamondxPrincess
post Mar 30th 2014, 10:32 PM
Post #3599

QUOTE(Harkins @ Mar 30th 2014, 11:09 PM) *

Frank is the most disgusting person ever.

if you think this is bad wait until you watch battle of the seasons. bloated.gif

--------------------

PD IS MY BFFF
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Mar 30th 2014, 10:33 PM
Post #3600

QUOTE(DiamondxPrincess @ Mar 31st 2014, 4:32 AM) *

if you think this is bad wait until you watch battle of the seasons. bloated.gif

I'm already so hooked it won't be long. It's 4am here and I'm only on episode 8 but I want to finish it tonight so bad. So bad.

--------------------
+Quote Post

182 Pages V « < 178 179 180 181 182 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 23rd 2014, 9:03 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol