Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Graduation confirmed for season 3, THe kids will be leaving the cast after season 3.
Lackey
post Jun 17th 2011, 10:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. Singer: Allison Iraheta

It looks like it's official that the glee club will be graduating at the end of this season.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/06/glee-boss-co...raduation-plan/

There’s no dodging the issue — all of the Glee characters who were juniors this past season will graduate from McKinley High in May 2012, with their portrayers (presumably) leaving the show.

Speaking on Ryan Seacrest’s radio show Friday morning, Glee creator Ryan Murphy held firm to his previously revealed transition plan, saying that for original characters such as Rachel, Finn, Quinn and Puck, “This next [season] will be their senior year, and then that [they] will graduate.”

“We didn’t want to have a show where they were in high school for eight years,” he explained. “We really wanted to be true to that experience.”

To proactively fill the void (Murphy said he’s loath to use the words “eliminating or replacing”), brand-new, younger characters will be woven into McKinley’s ranks over the coming season — a few in the fall, and a couple more at midseason. Only one of the newbies, however, will be the product of the Glee Project reality show now airing on Oxygen.

“There’s a couple rumors floating around, that half the cast is go to be replaced by the winner of The Glee Project, which is not true,” Murphy told Seacrest. Rather, only the singular winner of that reality competition will join Glee, for at least seven episodes.

Murphy notes that while his original young cast will leave “sort of an indelible mark,” he is looking forward to the challenge of introducing America to a new wave of relatively unknown talents poised to generate fresh buzz (and, who knows, maybe land in a controversial Rolling Stone layout). Besides, not everyone is leaving; Murphy envisions Matthew Morrison and Jane Lynch as “the male and female lynchpins of the series” even as young’uns come and go.

But, he says, Glee “is a celebration of youth and talent and … finding those young unknown people and giving them an opportunity to break into the business and become stars is a really fun and exciting thing, and is the spirit of the series.”

I wonder if Sam and Sunshine will stick around for season 4, since they were new additions?

--------------------
Idol 10: Haley, James, Casey
Idol 11: JESSICA, Skylar, Hollie, Elise, DeAndre, Phillip
IPB Image

Check out my movie review blog!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jun 17th 2011, 10:30 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Abybaby
post Jun 18th 2011, 5:16 AM
Post #2

So these mean that they will stick to Mckinley and not the original main cast... this means bye bye Rachel bye2.gif

This post has been edited by Abybaby: Jun 18th 2011, 5:16 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
thedancer
post Jun 18th 2011, 8:52 AM
Post #3

Fav. SYTYCD2: Travis Wall
Fav. SYTYCD8: Melanie Moore
Fav. SYTYCDC4: Lindsay Leuschner

QUOTE(Lackey @ Jun 17th 2011, 11:30 PM) *

It looks like it's official that the glee club will be graduating at the end of this season.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/06/glee-boss-co...raduation-plan/

There’s no dodging the issue — all of the Glee characters who were juniors this past season will graduate from McKinley High in May 2012, with their portrayers (presumably) leaving the show.

Speaking on Ryan Seacrest’s radio show Friday morning, Glee creator Ryan Murphy held firm to his previously revealed transition plan, saying that for original characters such as Rachel, Finn, Quinn and Puck, “This next [season] will be their senior year, and then that [they] will graduate.”

“We didn’t want to have a show where they were in high school for eight years,” he explained. “We really wanted to be true to that experience.”

To proactively fill the void (Murphy said he’s loath to use the words “eliminating or replacing”), brand-new, younger characters will be woven into McKinley’s ranks over the coming season — a few in the fall, and a couple more at midseason. Only one of the newbies, however, will be the product of the Glee Project reality show now airing on Oxygen.

“There’s a couple rumors floating around, that half the cast is go to be replaced by the winner of The Glee Project, which is not true,” Murphy told Seacrest. Rather, only the singular winner of that reality competition will join Glee, for at least seven episodes.

Murphy notes that while his original young cast will leave “sort of an indelible mark,” he is looking forward to the challenge of introducing America to a new wave of relatively unknown talents poised to generate fresh buzz (and, who knows, maybe land in a controversial Rolling Stone layout). Besides, not everyone is leaving; Murphy envisions Matthew Morrison and Jane Lynch as “the male and female lynchpins of the series” even as young’uns come and go.

But, he says, Glee “is a celebration of youth and talent and … finding those young unknown people and giving them an opportunity to break into the business and become stars is a really fun and exciting thing, and is the spirit of the series.”

I wonder if Sam and Sunshine will stick around for season 4, since they were new additions?

Its kind of bittersweet....
Bitter cause we have to say bye to the original cast, who will probably always be the best wub.gif
Sweet cause we have the chance to fall in love with a whole new cast.
Also sweet cause we will still have Will and Sue heart.gif haha.gif
And hopefully keeping a few oldies.... I would be very happy if Sam and Sunshine stayed. Sam will probably because his character is younger than the rest. I'm not sure how old Sunshine is though.

--------------------

BLOG: FILM IN WORDS

SYTYCD: RICKY UBEDA AND JESSICA RICHENS
+Quote Post
AmberTamblynFan
post Jun 18th 2011, 9:12 AM
Post #4

Fav. AI10: Casey Abrams
Fav. Movie: The Breakfast Club

Honestly, I don't know if I'll watch the show after the original cast is gone.

Even though I still like the music more than I like the show, I don't know if I'll want to watch the show when Chris, Lea, Darren, Kevin etc aren't on it.

This post has been edited by AmberTamblynFan: Jun 19th 2011, 9:45 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
thedancer
post Jun 18th 2011, 10:36 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(AmberTamblynFan @ Jun 18th 2011, 10:12 AM) *

Honestly, I don't know if I'll watch the show after the original cast is gone.

Even though I still like the music more than I like the show, I don't know if I'll want to watch the show when Chris, Lea, Mark etc aren't on it.

I'll still watch it
It will definitely go downhill though.. at least a little sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jordan-N-Torifan
post Jun 18th 2011, 11:06 AM
Post #6

Fav. AI7: Michael Johns
Fav. AI11: Hollie Cavanagh

I wish they'd just end the show after season 3. It won't be the same without the original cast. closedeyes.gif

--------------------

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
RIP Cory Monteith. | My Disney Tumblr.
+Quote Post
Abybaby
post Jun 18th 2011, 11:45 AM
Post #7

yeh... i kinda prefer to stick to Rachel's story to broadway stardom... Glee will never be the same w/o her crying.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
*Diana
post Jun 18th 2011, 11:58 AM
Post #8

Glee without Rachel? crying.gif crying.gif crying.gif crying.gif crying.gif crying.gif crying.gif crying.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
May 19, 2009 - March 20, 2015
+Quote Post
My Destiny
post Jun 18th 2011, 12:06 PM
Post #9

Fav. AI10: Team Waffle

I will cry my eyes out that episode crying.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
Carrie. Lauren. Kat. Pia. Kelly. Haley. Kellie. Brooke. Jordin Scotty. Lee. DavidC. Kris. Alex. CaseyA. ChrisR.
|credit: kaykaycountry|
+Quote Post
i heart you x3
post Jun 18th 2011, 12:29 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(Jordan-N-Torifan @ Jun 18th 2011, 11:06 AM) *

I wish they'd just end the show after season 3. It won't be the same without the original cast. closedeyes.gif

This. At this rate, it should have ended in season 2 but I'm probably the only one who thinks that. And I think Sam will leave too.. considering he's a junior as well. Sunshine didn't have a big role and I heard Charice wants to start focusing on her music career again as well.

This post has been edited by i heart you x3: Jun 18th 2011, 12:30 PM

--------------------
"don't you worry your pretty little mind. people throw rocks at things that shine & life
makes love look hard. the stakes are high, the water's rough, but this love is ours."
twitter.|personal tumblr.|pinterest.
+Quote Post
MissXulia
post Jun 18th 2011, 1:40 PM
Post #11

jhgjdsfglsdlfdgl I've been aware of this for a while, I just...don't wanna think about that. brokenheart.gif I love the original cast TOO MUCH and Idk what I'll do when they leave. sad.gif I don't really know if I'll watch, it'll just be too weird. sad.gif crying.gif

--------------------
tumblr | last.fm | SYTYCD Lists
IPB Image
tvus7: luke wade. taylor p. reagan james. matt mcandrew. taylor jw.
xfuk11: fleur east. only the young. jay james. jack walton. andrea faustini.
+Quote Post
post Jun 18th 2011, 1:47 PM
Post #12

Rest In Peace Dad

Fav. AI12: Kree Harrison
Fav. AI13: Sam Woolf
Fav. Australian: Michael Johns

I thought Finn/Quinn/Puck and Rachel were in different grades? unsure.gif Like I always assumed Finn, Quinn and Puck were in 12th grade and and Rachel was 11th grade.

--------------------
REST IN PEACE x MICHAEL JOHNS x 10/20/78 - 08/01/14 / REST IN PEACE x SIMONE BATTLE x 06/17/89 - 09/05/14IPB ImageFOREVER IN MY HEART x I LOVE YOU ALWAYS x REST IN PEACE DAD x 3/22/69 - 7/11/12
+Quote Post
thedancer
post Jun 18th 2011, 3:31 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(i heart you x3 @ Jun 18th 2011, 1:29 PM) *

This. At this rate, it should have ended in season 2 but I'm probably the only one who thinks that. And I think Sam will leave too.. considering he's a junior as well. Sunshine didn't have a big role and I heard Charice wants to start focusing on her music career again as well.

Good for her.
I really loved her on Glee, but to be honest, she is way too talented for a tv show.

The only thing I hate about Glee is the fact that they use soooo much autotune. I'm pretty sure the majority of that cast doesn't need to be that autotuned, especially Charice.

--------------------

+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Jun 19th 2011, 1:56 AM
Post #14

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI5: Kellie Pickler
Fav. Fav. AI7: Carly Smithson

I'll miss Rachel a lot, mainly because I love Lea Michele and her voice yes.gif But who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and once she leaves Glee she'll start working on an album grin.gif I feel like that's gonna be the MAJOR void on the show that they have to fill. Having a lead female vocalist as strong as Lea Michele. One of my friends said that they could potentially bring Sunshine back over to McKinley. Which I could see, but idk for sure. I don't see it happening

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
thedancer
post Jun 19th 2011, 8:07 AM
Post #15

QUOTE(aifanatic100 @ Jun 19th 2011, 2:56 AM) *

I'll miss Rachel a lot, mainly because I love Lea Michele and her voice yes.gif But who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and once she leaves Glee she'll start working on an album grin.gif I feel like that's gonna be the MAJOR void on the show that they have to fill. Having a lead female vocalist as strong as Lea Michele. One of my friends said that they could potentially bring Sunshine back over to McKinley. Which I could see, but idk for sure. I don't see it happening

Maybe Rachel could come back as an assistant teacher?

--------------------

+Quote Post
kelpshake
post Jun 20th 2011, 4:53 AM
Post #16

Fav. Idol: Angie Miller

no.gif noexpression.gif

--------------------
Miller. Agron. One Direction.
IPB Image
twitter | thanks Deon!
+Quote Post
brownies
post Jun 20th 2011, 5:20 AM
Post #17

Fav. AI11: Elise Testone

They are graduating but I think not all of them? Because I never knew that they were all on the same grade. fear2.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
cannotsing33
post Jun 20th 2011, 10:09 AM
Post #18

Most successful prime time television shows goes way beyond 3 seasons. It will be very interesting to see the ratings for Glee after season 3. If it drops, then the show is screwed. pinch.gif I hope they keep following Rachel, she is really the main character of the show.

--------------------
+Quote Post
pnkrngrwnnb
post Jun 20th 2011, 10:18 AM
Post #19

Fav. Fandom: Channel Awesome

I said it before and I'll say it again, I'd love for them to follow a character or two to college. Preferably Rachel and/or Kurt. I'm thinking Julliard. happy.gif

This post has been edited by *Christy*: Jun 20th 2011, 8:44 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
thedancer
post Jun 20th 2011, 3:24 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(*Christy* @ Jun 20th 2011, 11:18 AM) *

I said it before and I'll say it again, I'd love for them to follow a character or two or college. Preferably Rachel and/or Kurt. I'm thinking Julliard. happy.gif

Both of them will probably end up going to Julliard.
I would be very happy if that happened original.gif

And Brittney has to end up going too. For dance maybe. Just cause she is the funniest haha.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Dec 22nd 2014, 7:45 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol