Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

18 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RENT: Take Me or Leave Me, Show starts on Pg. 14!
raygun101093
post Dec 29th 2011, 2:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI6: Melinda Doolittle
Fav. AI7: Asia'h Epperson
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

IPB Image

Welcome to RENT: Take Me or Leave Me! This is an interactive redux to choose the eight main characters for the next Broadway cast of RENT. This is a little different than most interactive reduxes, so please bear with me and read EVERYTHING. I tried to set it up the best I could. flowers.gif

IPB Image

In 2010, Wayne Brady nabbed the part of Collins in Neil Patrick Harris’s Hollywood Bowl Cast of RENT. He’s best known for appearing on Whose Line Is It Anyway?, and hosting shows like Don’t Forget The Lyrics and Let’s Make A Deal. Now, he’s ecstatic to be hosting RENT: Take Me Or Leave Me!

IPB Image

You may sign up as a judge/mentor, however, this has some responsibilities.

1. You must file through the suggestions for your group and choose the top eight for your two groups.
2. You must send in comments for your judge on the live shows.
3. You must make the final decision for eliminations in your groups based on the bottom 2.

Anthony Rapp - aifanatic100
Anwar Robinson - DHSdude10
Tracie Thoms - druth8x
Tamyra Gray - IdolDiva

Anthony Rapp is best known for originating the role of Mark in the 1996 Broadway cast of RENT. Now, he's ready to put these contestants through the rigor, as he will be mentoring the aspiring Marks and Rogers.

Anwar Robinson is best known for placing seventh in American Idol's fourth season, but he also played Collins in a national touring company. Now, he's ready to mentor the actors vying for Collins and Benny.

Tracie Thoms is probably the most qualified person to mentor the Maureens and Joannes, as she played Joanne in the film version of RENT, as well as in the Hollywood Bowl Cast and several other productions of the show. She is also well-known for playing Detective Kat Miller in the CBS television show Cold Case.

Tamyra Gray placed fourth on American Idol's premiere season, and had a successful run as Mimi during 2007-2008. Now she's ready to take on RENT: Take Me Or Leave Me, as she'll be mentoring the contestants up for the roles of Mimi and Angel.

IPB Image

ANGEL DUMOTT SCHUNARD
Description: A young drag queen, street percussionist with AIDS. He is Collins's love interest.
Previous Actors: Wilson Jermaine Heredia / Justin Johnston / Telly Leung / Michael Rodriguez
Songs: Today 4 U / I’ll Cover You

BENJAMIN "BENNY" COFFIN III
Description: Landlord of Mark, Roger and Mimi's apartment building and ex-roommate of Mark, Collins, Roger, and Maureen. Now married to Alison Grey of the Westport Greys, a very wealthy family involved in real estate, and he is considered a yuppie scum and a sell-out by his ex-roommates. He is also Mimi's ex-lover, although he considers himself her ex-boyfriend.
Previous Actors: Taye Diggs / Rodney Hicks / Collin Pennie / Ephraim Sykes
Songs: Tune Up #2 / You’ll See

TOM COLLINS
Description: A gay anarchist with AIDS. He is described by Mark as a "computer genius, teacher, and vagabond anarchist who ran naked through the Parthenon." Collins dreams of opening a restaurant in Santa Fe, where the problems in New York will not affect him and his friends. He was formerly a roommate of Roger, Mark, Benny, and Maureen, then just Roger and Mark, until he moves in with Angel.
Previous Actors: Wayne Brady / Nicholas Christopher / Jesse L. Martin / Michael McElroy / Anwar Robinson
Songs: Santa Fe / I’ll Cover You

JOANNE JEFFERSON
Description: An Ivy League-educated public interest lawyer and a lesbian. Joanne is the woman for whom Maureen left Mark. Joanne has very important parents (one is undergoing confirmation to be a judge, the other is a government official.)
Previous Actresses: Frenchie Davis / Corbin Reid / Tracie Thoms / Fredi Walker
Songs: Tango: Maureen / Take Me Or Leave Me

MARK COHEN
Description: A struggling Jewish documentary filmmaker and the narrator of the show. He is Roger's and Collins's roommate until Collins moves out; he is also Maureen's ex-boyfriend.
Previous Actors: Skylar Astin / Adam Chanler-Berat / Adam Kantor / Anthony Rapp
Songs: Rent / Tango: Maureen

MAUREEN JOHNSON
Description: A lesbian performance artist who is Mark's ex-girlfriend and Joanne's current girlfriend. She is very flirtatious and often cheated on Mark.
Previous Actresses: Annaleigh Ashford / Eden Espinosa / Idina Menzel / Nicole Scherzinger
Songs: Over The Moon / Take Me Or Leave Me

MIMI MÁRQUEZ
Description: A club dancer and drug addict. She lives downstairs from Mark and Roger, and is Roger's love interest that, like him, has HIV. She is also Benny's ex-lover.
Previous Actresses: Rosario Dawson / Arianda Fernandez / Renee Elise Goldsberry / Tamyra Gray / Vanessa Hudgens / Daphne Rubin-Vega
Songs: Out Tonight / Without You

ROGER DAVIS
Description: A once successful but now struggling musician who is HIV positive and an ex-junkie. He hopes to write one last meaningful song before he dies. He is having a hard time coping with the fact that he, along with many others around him, knowing that they are going to die. His girlfriend, April, killed herself after finding out they had HIV. He is roommates with Mark.
Previous Actors: Will Chase / Adam Pascal / Will Shingledecker / Aaron Tveit
Songs: One Song Glory / Light My Candle

IPB Image

IPB Image

1. Kris Allen (topspinace09)
2. Ricky Braddy
3. Colton Dixon (IdolDiva)
4. Anthony Fedorov
5. Neil Haskell (*Wallace)
6. Blake Lewis
7. Robbie Rosen
8. Jim Verraros

IPB Image

1. Ashley Parker Angel
2. David Cook (NYChica)
3. Chris Daughtry
4. James Durbin
5. Casey James
6. Matthew Metzger (IdolDiva)
7. Toby Rand
8. Ace Young

IPB Image

1. Brandon Bryant
2. Marcus Canty
3. Justin Guarini (NYChica)
4. Todrick Hall (aifanatic100)
5. Stefano Langone (topspinace09)
6. Marque Lynche (IdolDiva)
7. Brandon Rogers
8. Nikko Smith (*Wallace)

IPB Image

1. Chikezie
2. Matt Giraud
3. George Huff (aifanatic100)
4. Ju'Not Joyner (IdolDiva)
5. Jacob Lusk
6. Michael Lynche
7. Gedeon McKinney
8. Elliott Yamin (*Wallace)

IPB Image

1. Melinda Doolittle (KrAdIsonSox)
2. Jennifer Hudson (*Wallace)
3. LaKisha Jones
4. Kimberley Locke
5. LaToya London
6. Mandisa (aifanatic100)
7. Tarralyn Ramsey
8. Nadia Turner (IdolDiva)

IPB Image

1. Dana Andrews
2. Diana DeGarmo (aifanatic100)
3. Aundrea Fimbres (1234567890)
4. Siobhan Magnus
5. Melissa McGhee
6. Katharine McPhee (topspinace09)
7. Carly Smithson
8. Pia Toscano (IdolDiva)

IPB Image

1. David Archuleta (TOCTenor2005)
2. EJay Day
3. RJ Helton
4. David Hernandez (topspinace09)
5. Adam Lambert (1234567890)
6. Danny Noriega (aifanatic100)
7. AJ Tabaldo
8. Mario Vazquez

IPB Image

1. Tiffanie Anderson
2. Simone Battle (TOCTenor2005)
3. Kimberly Caldwell (aifanatic100)
4. Kimberly Kelsey
5. Syesha Mercado (*Wallace)
6. Haley Reinhart (topspinace09)
7. Vonzell Solomon (1234567890)
8. Jordin Sparks (NYChica)

IPB Image

AUDITIONS: Revealing The Top 64
WEEK ONE: Anthony's Groups / Anwar's Groups / Eliminations
WEEK TWO: Tracie's Groups / Tamyra's Groups / Eliminations
WEEK THREE: Anthony's Groups / Anwar's Groups / Eliminations
WEEK FOUR: Tracie's Groups / Tamyra's Groups / Eliminations
WEEK FIVE: Anthony's and Anwar's Groups / Tracie's and Tamyra's Groups / Duet Night / Eliminations
WEEK SIX: Anthony's and Anwar's Groups / Tracie's and Tamyra's Groups / Duet Night / Eliminations
WEEK SEVEN: Performance Finale / Grand Finale

This post has been edited by raygun101093: Jan 27th 2012, 2:07 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Dec 29th 2011, 2:05 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

druth8x
post Dec 29th 2011, 2:33 PM
Post #2

I need to watch the musical...is the original the best one or which adaptation that is finable for free online should I look for?

Can I be Tracie Thoms?

This post has been edited by druth8x: Dec 29th 2011, 2:34 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
raygun101093
post Dec 29th 2011, 2:44 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(druth8x @ Dec 29th 2011, 2:33 PM) *

I need to watch the musical...is the original the best one or which adaptation that is finable for free online should I look for?

Can I be Tracie Thoms?

You can watch any production. I've seen the movie and the 2008 final performance film. I don't know which are free online, but you're free to look.

And yes, you may! grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Dec 29th 2011, 3:24 PM
Post #4

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI5: Kellie Pickler
Fav. Fav. AI7: Carly Smithson

spaz.gif I haven't even read the rules yet but I'm SO ALL OVER THIS!!!!! RENT is my all time favorite musical EVER and I'm super excited to have a redux for it! spaz.gif

I'm literally SO EXCITED right now. Thank you for making this! I'm gonna go read the rules now yes.gif haha.gif

QUOTE(druth8x @ Dec 29th 2011, 2:33 PM) *

To get the FULL story of the show, watch the Broadway performance. If you wanna see the original cast in action, then watch the movie. I'd say watch both if you have time, but for the purposes of this, watch the stage version yes.gif

Here's the link to the first part of the show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjfA7IpQN1Q
The channel that posted that has the entire thing divided into 18 parts grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Dec 29th 2011, 3:34 PM
Post #5

Oh and if I can play a judge, I'd love to play Anthony grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
NYChica
post Dec 29th 2011, 3:34 PM
Post #6

Sent my picks flowers.gif

--------------------
RIP OSCAR DE LA RENTA (July 22, 1932 - October 20, 2014)
+Quote Post
raygun101093
post Dec 29th 2011, 3:41 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(NYChica @ Dec 29th 2011, 3:34 PM) *

Sent my picks flowers.gif

I'm sorry, but I had to delete your response, as you did not vote for all the parts. sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
NYChica
post Dec 29th 2011, 3:53 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(raygun101093 @ Dec 29th 2011, 3:41 PM) *

I'm sorry, but I had to delete your response, as you did not vote for all the parts. sad.gif

Sorry about that...I didn't know we were supposed to vote for all the parts...I'll revote once I get a chance to listen to all the songs you linked to blushing.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
raygun101093
post Dec 29th 2011, 3:53 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(NYChica @ Dec 29th 2011, 3:53 PM) *

Sorry about that...I didn't know we were supposed to vote for all the parts...I'll revote once I get a chance to listen to all the songs you linked to blushing.gif

No problem. flowers.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Dec 29th 2011, 3:56 PM
Post #10

I sent in my lists! grin.gif They were kinda tough to do. Stuck to mostly Idol contestants but threw in a few extras. I love this concept so much and I love that it was so interactive like that! yes.gif I'm not even gonna lie, I kind of typecasted on the survey but it's hard not to when you're really familiar with the show blushing.gif I did throw in some that were kind of out of left field though that I think could work yes.gif I'm excited to see what other people think and who the final contestants end up being! Can't wait for this to start!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
IdolDiva
post Dec 29th 2011, 3:56 PM
Post #11

Fav. AI4: Vonzell Solomon
Fav. AI10: Pia Toscano
Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon

Im not really sure how we play but can I be Tamyra?

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Whitney Elizabeth Houston - August 9, 1963 - February 11, 2012
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Dec 29th 2011, 3:58 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(IdolDiva @ Dec 29th 2011, 3:56 PM) *

Basically, from the rules, it seems that as Tamyra you will have to send in comments as you would any other redux. Plus you'll be responsible for choosing the final 8 contestants plus making eliminations in the Mimi and Angel groups yes.gif

But correct me if I'm wrong Ray.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
raygun101093
post Dec 29th 2011, 3:59 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(IdolDiva @ Dec 29th 2011, 3:56 PM) *

It's a sign-up game. Since you're playing as a judge, you get to choose the eight people for your two groups using the suggestions given from the survey (Mimi and Angel), send in your comments for the live shows, and have the final say on eliminations within your group. Don't worry, it will make sense later on. haha.gif

This post has been edited by raygun101093: Dec 29th 2011, 4:00 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Dec 29th 2011, 4:29 PM
Post #14

Dion, thanks for the length.

I'm not too interested in watching things twice (I don't watch the same stuff again) though I have seen at least 3 different versions of Romeo and Juliet so if they are different takes not just "covers" then I'm all for it esp if I like the story.

As far as cast suggestions, I wouldn't know where to begin.

This post has been edited by druth8x: Dec 29th 2011, 4:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
raygun101093
post Dec 29th 2011, 4:43 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(druth8x @ Dec 29th 2011, 4:29 PM) *

I'm not too interested in watching things twice (I don't watch the same stuff again) though I have seen at least 3 different versions of Romeo and Juliet so if they are different takes not just "covers" then I'm all for it esp if I like the story.

The character descriptions and the picture I posted of who played the characters in the movie are good for physical descriptions. If you find contestants that look similar who you think could play the part, suggest them. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
*Wallace
post Dec 29th 2011, 6:54 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. SYTYCD2: Allison Holker
Fav. SYTYCD4: Courtney Galiano
Fav. Singer: Beyoncé

I only know a few songs from RENT, most of which I really like, but this looks super cool. omg.gif I'll def be following it and looking forward to how this will run! grin.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
dwts19: alfonso/witney. janel/val. bethany/derek. sadie/mark. lea/artem. jonathan/allison. | xfuk11: fleur. ben. paul. onlytheyoung. stereokicks. lauren. andrea. | scd12: pixie/trent. frankie/kevin. simon/kristina. caroline/pasha. mark/karen. jake/janette. sunetra/brendan. | surv29: natalie. jeremy. jaclyn. jon. missy. baylor. | tar25: adam/bethany. shelley/nici. brooke/robbie. kym/alli. | antm21: lenox. will. shei. keith. ben. raelia. matthew. kari. | tv7: chris. anita. luke. damian. reagan. | dwtsau14: ricki-lee/jarryd. | Av Credit
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Dec 29th 2011, 7:24 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(druth8x @ Dec 29th 2011, 4:29 PM) *

No problem! I'm a huge RENThead so I'll help anyone out who needs anything in this redux huggy.gif

Yeah I can understand not wanting to watch the same thing twice. The stage version is much longer than the movie because they left out some stuff in the movie. But that usually happens. The original Broadway cast is amazing and they are all in the movie version (except for Mimi and Joanne are played by Rosario and Tracie, who were not in the original cast).

QUOTE(raygun101093 @ Dec 29th 2011, 4:43 PM) *

The character descriptions and the picture I posted of who played the characters in the movie are good for physical descriptions. If you find contestants that look similar who you think could play the part, suggest them. thumbsup.gif

Yeah he helped y'all out a lot by putting the character pics and the descriptions up yes.gif Only other thing I could suggest is listening to the songs or watching the scenes with those songs in them (or the whole show if you have time) and see what the attitude of the character is. For the most part I based it on look and voice, but there were a few exceptions in my rankings where I based it solely on whether they looked the part or whether they could perform the part vocally and personality-wise.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
FunkyFrankie
post Dec 29th 2011, 8:30 PM
Post #18

How funky do you want it?
Group Icon

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller

I freaking love RENT. wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
you're always better off with a really good lie.
+Quote Post
NYChica
post Dec 29th 2011, 8:56 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(FunkyFrankie @ Dec 29th 2011, 8:30 PM) *

I freaking love RENT. wub.gif

Hey...did you see that the cast reveal for Bo's All Stars game has been posted?? So far, I didn't see any of us listed, but I do remember the girl who played Erinn...the two of us were allies in a Micronesia redo, and she was a pretty good player in that one too flowers.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
FunkyFrankie
post Dec 29th 2011, 9:41 PM
Post #20

How funky do you want it?
Group Icon

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller

QUOTE(NYChica @ Dec 29th 2011, 5:56 PM) *

Hey...did you see that the cast reveal for Bo's All Stars game has been posted?? So far, I didn't see any of us listed, but I do remember the girl who played Erinn...the two of us were allies in a Micronesia redo, and she was a pretty good player in that one too flowers.gif

haha yeah, I did. I probably won't make it. sad.gif And I don't know if you heard but the "girl" who plays Erinn is actually a guy. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
you're always better off with a really good lie.
+Quote Post

18 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Nov 28th 2014, 3:32 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol