Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> More Sanjaya Bashing By Blake, Angry much?
loffles
post Mar 25th 2008, 11:05 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

QUOTE(Ilikemusicals @ Mar 25th 2008, 10:49 PM) *

First of all, I NEVER said anything about not being a fan of Blake's music anymore. I LIKE his music. I'm just not a fan of him. There's a clear difference. There's no rule that states that you have to be a fan of both an artist's personality and music.

Second of all, they aren't just a "few stupid comments" to me. The fact that Blake is going out of his way to trash talk someone who never did anything to him in the first place is just cruel and shows that he has no strength of mind. I have no tolerance for people like that, plain and simple.

There are a bunch of fans out there who actually cherish a sense of character in the musicians that they listen to as well as a good voice. Sorry if you don't agree with that, but it's true. That's why Carrie Underwood is big.

You don't know what went on behind the scenes with Sanji and Blake. They've both, obv, never liked each other. There has to be a reason behind it. To state that Sanjaya's never done anything to him is stupid. How would you know that for sure?

Also, I remember in one interview Sanji said that he'd never want to be on a desert island with Blake because he's like an immature kid. And Blakers didn't go making a big deal out of that.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Mar 25th 2008, 11:05 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Ilikemusicals
post Mar 25th 2008, 11:20 PM
Post #22

QUOTE(loffles @ Mar 26th 2008, 12:05 AM) *

You don't know what went on behind the scenes with Sanji and Blake. They've both, obv, never liked each other. There has to be a reason behind it. To state that Sanjaya's never done anything to him is stupid. How would you know that for sure?

Also, I remember in one interview Sanji said that he'd never want to be on a desert island with Blake because he's like an immature kid. And Blakers didn't go making a big deal out of that.

Sanjaya said that he wouldn't want to be trapped on a desert island with Blake because Blake can be loud and a little obnoxious, but he ALSO said in the same sentence that he does like Blake. That isn't nearly as insulting as someone saying that you are obnoxious, annoying, everyone hates you, you are ADD, you don't deserve any of your success, and you have no talent. As far as I know, Sanjaya has referred to Blake as a fun older brother and a unique, awesome performer who didn't need to win AI to go far. You're right - we don't know what went on behind the scenes. But if you ask me, it's fairly obvious who is at fault when you weigh the adjectives. Rather than being civil, Blake has chosen to hold a grudge against Sanjaya just because he outlasted his friends on American Idol a year ago. As if Sanjaya had any control over how many votes he received...

This post has been edited by Ilikemusicals: Mar 25th 2008, 11:26 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
loffles
post Mar 25th 2008, 11:52 PM
Post #23

QUOTE(Ilikemusicals @ Mar 25th 2008, 11:20 PM) *

Sanjaya said that he wouldn't want to be trapped on a desert island with Blake because Blake can be loud and a little obnoxious, but he ALSO said in the same sentence that he does like Blake. That isn't nearly as insulting as someone saying that you are obnoxious, annoying, everyone hates you, you are ADD, you don't deserve any of your success, and you have no talent. As far as I know, Sanjaya has referred to Blake as a fun older brother and a unique, awesome performer who didn't need to win AI to go far. You're right - we don't know what went on behind the scenes. But if you ask me, it's fairly obvious who is at fault when you weigh the adjectives. Rather than being civil, Blake has chosen to hold a grudge against Sanjaya just because he outlasted his friends on American Idol a year ago. As if Sanjaya had any control over how many votes he received...

That's not my point. My point is that us Blakers didn't go and make threads about it. Anyway, Blake has also said good things about Sanjaya. He said on Free Radio that he was like a little brother to him... But honestly, I think what is getting to Blake is that every time he does a radio appearance they ask him about Sanji, and I think it pisses him off because they never want to talk about him and his music. Which is the most important thing. And Blake was in a bad mood that day also... Not necessarily trying to make excuses, but you know... That could have been a factor.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ilikemusicals
post Mar 26th 2008, 12:23 AM
Post #24

QUOTE(loffles @ Mar 26th 2008, 12:52 AM) *

That's not my point. My point is that us Blakers didn't go and make threads about it. Anyway, Blake has also said good things about Sanjaya. He said on Free Radio that he was like a little brother to him... But honestly, I think what is getting to Blake is that every time he does a radio appearance they ask him about Sanji, and I think it pisses him off because they never want to talk about him and his music. Which is the most important thing. And Blake was in a bad mood that day also... Not necessarily trying to make excuses, but you know... That could have been a factor.

Yeah, but I'm sure that if any contestant were to bash Blake in a more extreme way (meaning insult after insult), there would be a thread about it in the Blake forum. Not saying that's a bad thing. It's human nature to get mad and defensive when your favorite contestant is verbally attacked. Every fan base does it.

I understand that Blake might be frustrated about interviewers asking him about Sanjaya a year later instead of inquiring about him and his music. After all, American Idol is over and he is trying to establish himself as an independent artist as well as promote his new album. But frustration over media hype and bad moods are not legitimate excuses for him to verbally bash Sanjaya or any other contestant for that matter.

--------------------
+Quote Post
loffles
post Mar 26th 2008, 12:50 AM
Post #25

QUOTE(Ilikemusicals @ Mar 26th 2008, 12:23 AM) *

Yeah, but I'm sure that if any contestant were to bash Blake in a more extreme way (meaning insult after insult), there would be a thread about it in the Blake forum. Not saying that's a bad thing. It's human nature to get mad and defensive when your favorite contestant is verbally attacked. Every fan base does it.

I understand that Blake might be frustrated about interviewers asking him about Sanjaya a year later instead of inquiring about him and his music. After all, American Idol is over and he is trying to establish himself as an independent artist as well as promote his new album. But frustration over media hype and bad moods are not legitimate excuses for him to verbally bash Sanjaya or any other contestant for that matter.

I agree with you that it was wrong for him to say it for the most part. But I just think it was just a kind of "in the moment" thing, you know? But whatever. The only thing that makes me angry is when people go and bash Blake for saying these things, it doesn't further your point. It just makes you look like a hypocrite. Two wrongs don't make a right, after all.

This post has been edited by loffles: Mar 26th 2008, 12:51 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
oxidol_2.0
post Mar 26th 2008, 3:01 AM
Post #26

Group: Blend Artists

Fav. Judge: Harry Connick Jr.
Fav. AI12: Candice Glover
Fav. AI11: Joshua Ledet

LOL Blake's so brave! haha.gif
Well most people agree that Sanjaya sucks whistling.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
©Jack
+Quote Post
London calling
post Mar 26th 2008, 4:53 AM
Post #27

Blake is an unprofessional, classless tosser. Total PR nightmare. From reading the various boards he's actually losing fans, fairweather and harder core, over this.

He needs to help himself to a pi$$-warm glass of STFU before he slags his entire career into the ground.

--------------------
Avatar stolen from a talented VFTWer
+Quote Post
BettyBoop02
post Mar 26th 2008, 7:04 AM
Post #28

QUOTE(oxidol_2.0 @ Mar 26th 2008, 3:01 AM) *

LOL Blake's so brave! haha.gif
Well most people agree that Sanjaya sucks whistling.gif

Not when your in SANJAYA'S forum. What the heck? haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
London calling
post Mar 26th 2008, 8:41 AM
Post #29

QUOTE(loffles @ Mar 26th 2008, 5:50 AM) *

The only thing that makes me angry is when people go and bash Blake for saying these things, it doesn't further your point. It just makes you look like a hypocrite. Two wrongs don't make a right, after all.

And speaking of hypocrisy:

Nope. The individual contestant forums are for FANS ONLY. *reports*

Post 11 by loffles in Blake's individual contestant forum. http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=546928&st=0

This post has been edited by London calling: Mar 26th 2008, 8:43 AM

--------------------
Avatar stolen from a talented VFTWer
+Quote Post
allie8nk
post Mar 26th 2008, 10:09 AM
Post #30

QUOTE(loffles @ Mar 25th 2008, 8:26 PM) *

I think he's just not yet adjusted to fame, tbh.

lol, fame? no one I know that doesn't watch american idol has ever even heard of him.

I'm one of those people who liked Blake on the show but have been since turned off by both his obnoxious and self-indulgent personality, and his IMO terrible album lol. (and since I'm not in the Blake forum I can say that haha.gif )

Honestly, i think he's just saying things to try to put his name out there. Sanjaya fans, don't be disheartened... you all get the last laugh because everyone knows who Sanjaya is, but Blake is quickly fading into obscurity LOL.

QUOTE(London calling @ Mar 26th 2008, 9:41 AM) *

Post 11 by loffles in Blake's individual contestant forum. http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=546928&st=0

thumbsup.gif quoted for truth!!! LOL

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ilikemusicals
post Mar 26th 2008, 11:22 AM
Post #31

QUOTE(loffles @ Mar 26th 2008, 1:50 AM) *

I agree with you that it was wrong for him to say it for the most part. But I just think it was just a kind of "in the moment" thing, you know? But whatever. The only thing that makes me angry is when people go and bash Blake for saying these things, it doesn't further your point. It just makes you look like a hypocrite. Two wrongs don't make a right, after all.

In an ideal world, people should be able to say whatever they want without being slammed for it. However, this isnít an ideal world. Peopleís feelings are at stake here, and I'm sure you know that as you agree that it was wrong for Blake to make those comments in the first place. Blake did something that a bunch of us personally feel is deserving of a negative response. You can't just bash someone and expect it to go over well with the entire population - especially when a certain percentage of that population consists of fans of the person who is being bashed.

QUOTE(London calling @ Mar 26th 2008, 9:41 AM) *

Good point.

--------------------
+Quote Post
CakeFan8963
post Mar 26th 2008, 1:21 PM
Post #32

Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Matt Giraud
Fav. Idol Ever: Blake Lewis

I am a fan of Sanjaya's, and I am also a HUGE fan of Blake's. But I do agree that was unnecessary for Blake to say that stuff. Blake is just an honest person and he tells it like it is. He says what he feels. Is it news to you all that Blake doesn't like Sanjaya? Bashing Blake doesn't make you all look better either. I know you're just trying to defend your favorite idol, I've been in that position before. I am in no way trying to start crap, I'm just stating my opinion. I'm a fan of both Blake and Sanjaya so I felt it was necessary.

--------------------
Blake Lewis. Matt Giraud. Jason Castro. David Archuleta. Adam Lambert. Phillip Phillips.
IPB Image
Allison Iraheta. Kris Allen. Danny Gokey. Lee DeWyze. JAMES DURBIN <3
Sig: Jack.
+Quote Post
loffles
post Mar 26th 2008, 1:38 PM
Post #33

I'm not even going to bother responding to those posts above. haha.gif

Anyway, Blake replied on Rickey clearing some things up -

http://www.rickey.org/?p=7474

I just felt I needed to post this because I'm sure ya'll wouldn't. You only post the negative.

This post has been edited by loffles: Mar 26th 2008, 1:39 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ilikemusicals
post Mar 26th 2008, 1:52 PM
Post #34

QUOTE(loffles @ Mar 26th 2008, 2:38 PM) *

I'm not even going to bother responding to those posts above. haha.gif

Anyway, Blake replied on Rickey clearing some things up -

http://www.rickey.org/?p=7474

I just felt I needed to post this because I'm sure ya'll wouldn't. You only post the negative.

I genuinely believe him when he says that he thinks David Archuleta is talented but needs to step out of the box. I also appreciate the fact that he admitted that David Cook actually did acknowledge Doxology (and that AI just didn't air that part).

However, I don't believe what he said in reference to Sanjaya. I'm sorry, but if he "loves" Sanjaya like he claims, then he wouldn't have said such bad things about him in his interviews. It's that simple. Would you say those things about a friend? I certainly wouldn't. Blake even admitted that he isn't a fan of him and that he thought he was annoying and pissed everyone off. Now, why does he all of a sudden expect us to believe that he has nothing against him? Because he realizes that his actions are carrying terrible consequences for him and his career - not because he actually likes Sanjaya.

This post has been edited by Ilikemusicals: Mar 26th 2008, 1:55 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
loffles
post Mar 26th 2008, 1:59 PM
Post #35

QUOTE(Ilikemusicals @ Mar 26th 2008, 1:52 PM) *

I genuinely believe him when he says that he thinks David Archuleta is talented but needs to step out of the box. I also appreciate the fact that he admitted that David Cook actually did acknowledge Doxology (and that AI just didn't air that part).

However, I don't believe what he said in reference to Sanjaya. I'm sorry, but if he "loves" Sanjaya like he claims, then he wouldn't have said such bad things about him in his interviews. It's that simple. Would you say those things about a friend? I certainly wouldn't. Blake even admitted that he isn't a fan of him and that he thought he was annoying and pissed everyone off. Now, why does he all of a sudden expect us to believe that he has nothing against him? Because he realizes that his actions are carrying terrible consequences for him and his career - not because he actually likes Sanjaya.

You may be right. But who really knows, Blake has said nice things in the past about Sanji before all of this.

Anyway, I'm out of here. We're all just beating a dead horse. Discussing and arguing isn't going to change what Blake said.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ilikemusicals
post Mar 26th 2008, 2:03 PM
Post #36

QUOTE(loffles @ Mar 26th 2008, 2:59 PM) *

Anyway, I'm out of here. We're all just beating a dead horse. Discussing and arguing isn't going to change what Blake said.

I agree. yes.gif Sorry if I offended you with anything I said about Blake. I really didn't mean any harm against his fans. I am just upset about the things he said, but you're right - there's nothing any of us can do to change the situation. What's done is done. Hopefully, we can just put this thread to rest.

--------------------
+Quote Post
loffles
post Mar 26th 2008, 2:16 PM
Post #37

QUOTE(Ilikemusicals @ Mar 26th 2008, 2:03 PM) *

I agree. yes.gif Sorry if I offended you with anything I said about Blake. I really didn't mean any harm against his fans. I am just upset about the things he said, but you're right - there's nothing any of us can do to change the situation. What's done is done. Hopefully, we can just put this thread to rest.

It's all good. And I agree. flowers.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
sprout
post Mar 26th 2008, 4:33 PM
Post #38

guy's official tour guide

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

mods, can ya come in and lock this? i was hoping this filth wouldn't reach over here. and i really don't have the patience to deal with the blakers today. thanks.

i'm not even gonna bother with the verbal diarrhea this time around. today i saw some MAJOR DAMAGE CONTROL posted at rickey's, and i just laughed.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Nicole71525
post Mar 26th 2008, 5:49 PM
Post #39

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI6: Blake Lewis
Fav. artist: Britney Spears <3

QUOTE(sprout @ Mar 26th 2008, 5:33 PM) *

mods, can ya come in and lock this? i was hoping this filth wouldn't reach over here. and i really don't have the patience to deal with the blakers today. thanks.

Oh BOO HOO!

you don't have to deal with us. Just came to let some of you guys know that you're being extremely hypocritical, k? Bye bye kiss.gif

--------------------
BB11: Jordan - Jeff - Laura - Casey

+Quote Post
spazgal420
post Mar 26th 2008, 11:25 PM
Post #40

Fav. AI8: Anoop Desai
Fav. Wifey: Danny Noriega

QUOTE(Ilikemusicals @ Mar 25th 2008, 11:22 PM) *
QUOTE(PhilStaceyPhan07 @ Mar 25th 2008, 11:23 PM) *

sure, here ya go! it's kind of dark and there's only a few short clips of them, but you get to see the rest of the "idols" when they're a little tipsy and it's so funny! laughing.gif

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xOGK5wxofXk&feature=related
Aww thanks guys! Haha I see now. Hmm... they do say that when people are tipsy, their true feelings come out. Blake probably lusts after Shyamali. haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 16th 2014, 8:31 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol