Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

453 Pages V « < 451 452 453   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Obama supporters
Stormiya
post Feb 2nd 2013, 3:33 PM
Post #9041

Group: Members

Fav. AI1: Nikki McKibbin
Fav. CI1: Audrey de Montigny
Fav. Pop Idol: Will Young

QUOTE(Famousgrl @ Feb 1st 2013, 7:49 PM) *

I agree with your PM, Stormy. And btw, it was cute when Obama and Clinton did that interview together. Seemed like old chummy pals, rather than two people running the world, lol.

yes.gif It was really cute to see them interact together like that. I am glad to see that they're friends in a real sense...not a political one. happy.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 2nd 2013, 3:33 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

num1meekfan
post Mar 18th 2013, 6:36 PM
Post #9042

Fav. AI4: Mikalah Gordon
Fav. AI2: Kimberley Locke

I love my Obama!

--------------------
IPB Image
Mikalah Cavaricci Vintage Twitter: @Justinmjohnston
+Quote Post
STARofAI
post Mar 22nd 2013, 3:23 PM
Post #9043

QUOTE(num1meekfan @ Mar 18th 2013, 6:36 PM) *

I love my Obama!

Me too! wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
adamsmo
post Mar 23rd 2013, 8:07 AM
Post #9044

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen

Not really Obama news, but I was sort of impressed to read that Sen. Patty Murray's budget just passed the Senate (the first in years).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar/2...crat-opposition

Seriously, I've almost never heard of her outside of the last election... not even kidding, and I've been paying attention to years (although I realize there are 100 senators).

--------------------
http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/

is you very anti-abortions because you yourself was aborted?
+Quote Post
STARofAI
post Mar 23rd 2013, 8:08 AM
Post #9045

Obama 'first' sitting president to receive Medal of Distinction in Israel

Tribune Newspapers

9:03 p.m. CDT, March 21, 2013
The Washington Times reports: Israeli President Shimon Peres gave President Obama the Medal of Distinction, the first time a sitting president has received this award. Obama received the award on Thursday night during a ceremonial dinner at the Israeli president’s residence.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politic...,0,184497.story

This post has been edited by STARofAI: Mar 23rd 2013, 8:10 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Drew
post Mar 23rd 2013, 3:25 PM
Post #9046

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. XFUK: Ben Haenow

QUOTE(num1meekfan @ Mar 18th 2013, 7:36 PM) *

I love my Obama!

Why?

He's a politician, lol.

--------------------
IPB Image
set: istersay || xfuk: ben. jake. lauren. fleur. jay. only the young. paul. jack. stereo kicks. lola.
+Quote Post
leee
post Mar 24th 2013, 1:42 PM
Post #9047

Fav. SYTYCD5: Janette Manrara
Fav. SYTYCD4: Tarrington

QUOTE(Drew @ Mar 23rd 2013, 1:25 PM) *

Why?

He's a politician, lol.

Drew, I'm a little worried for you. You must be feeling really down to come in here and offer such weak trolling.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Drew
post Mar 24th 2013, 3:23 PM
Post #9048

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. XFUK: Ben Haenow

QUOTE(leee @ Mar 24th 2013, 2:42 PM) *

Drew, I'm a little worried for you. You must be feeling really down to come in here and offer such weak trolling.

It's no worse than people so enthusiastic about Obama, especially by this point. Even most of my friends on the left recognize, there isn't a whole lot to love. laughing.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
set: istersay || xfuk: ben. jake. lauren. fleur. jay. only the young. paul. jack. stereo kicks. lola.
+Quote Post
STARofAI
post Mar 25th 2013, 12:06 PM
Post #9049

QUOTE(Drew @ Mar 24th 2013, 3:23 PM) *

It's no worse than people so enthusiastic about Obama, especially by this point. Even most of my friends on the left recognize, there isn't a whole lot to love. laughing.gif

So, I guess we all should feel like you and your friends, then maybe you'll be happy? original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Mar 25th 2013, 5:21 PM
Post #9050

Fav. AI1: Tamyra Gray
Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. SYTYCD EVAH: Travis. AI7:Johns

Isn't it amazing how public opinion changed almost overnight, after Obama came out for gay marriage?

I've always said that if politicians just addressed things as no big deal, people would follow suit (although I did think that gay marriage was different, because of the religious issue).

If a major politician came out pushing for the legalization of marijuana, and gave real, well, though-out reasons why, I think that America would follow suit.

If a couple of major politicians came out for the legalization of all drugs, I think the same would happen, though it'd take more time. When you look back at the past decades, how many deaths and families destroyed and prison dollars could have been saved, if we didn't have that farcical "war" on drugs?

Then again those invested in it (the prison systems, and representatives of all those "employed" to fight drugs) will spread their money & influence to make sure there isn't a change.

--------------------
IPB Image
Set: Katie*iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiYes. we. can.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiObama IDF thread.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiKatie* is the bestest.
+Quote Post
RWG
post Mar 25th 2013, 7:14 PM
Post #9051

QUOTE(Famousgrl @ Mar 25th 2013, 3:21 PM) *

Isn't it amazing how public opinion changed almost overnight, after Obama came out for gay marriage?

I've always said that if politicians just addressed things as no big deal, people would follow suit (although I did think that gay marriage was different, because of the religious issue).

If a major politician came out pushing for the legalization of marijuana, and gave real, well, though-out reasons why, I think that America would follow suit.

If a couple of major politicians came out for the legalization of all drugs, I think the same would happen, though it'd take more time. When you look back at the past decades, how many deaths and families destroyed and prison dollars could have been saved, if we didn't have that farcical "war" on drugs?

Then again those invested in it (the prison systems, and representatives of all those "employed" to fight drugs) will spread their money & influence to make sure there isn't a change.

Yeah, ending the war on drugs is a tougher hill to climb because of the corporate interests involved in it. It's become unfashionable to openly support the war on drugs, but it's less like marriage, out of which there's not much money to be made by defining it a certain way, and more like gun control, which has become pretty popular but has so much money fighting it. America has to put up with the war on drugs because there's a whole industry built around keeping its prison population high (lawyers, guards, companies that sell exclusively to prisons, etc.) as well as Big Pharma and the liquor lobby, who want to keep competition illegal.

That said though, I do think it's just a matter of dragging it into the open. The war on drugs is such a secret issue because all the facts are on the same side of the debate. The war on drugs is expensive, bad for the economy, bad for the legal system, bad for the prison system, a waste of police time that could be used fighting crimes with actual victims, an assault on police-community relations, racist, and unethical, among other things. There's no rational argument for continuing it any more, since it's proven such a failure. I just heard about a beer company voicing its opposition to to legalizing marijuana because, it argues, it would allow their employees to drive the company vans high, which would make the roads dangerous. It just shows you how pathetic the excuses have gotten for opposing drug legalization. It would be a show of moral courage to see the president sound the alarm on these corporations and the politicians who do their work sometime in the second term, because you know he knows it's a huge problem.

--------------------
"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"
+Quote Post
leee
post Mar 25th 2013, 8:25 PM
Post #9052

Fav. SYTYCD5: Janette Manrara
Fav. SYTYCD4: Tarrington

Two things to Lisa. First, Obama was being the gay marriage curve, ie he only supported it once most of the public started to support it. Second, a Baltimore mayor floated the idea of decriminalization in I think the '90s and got eviscerated for it. Long story short, the persuasive powers of politicians is often over estimated.

Drew, I can't speak for your lefty friends, but my disillusionment in Obama's policies is because they are effectively moderate Republican policies (eg the Heritage- inspired ACA).

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Stormiya
post Apr 9th 2013, 7:36 PM
Post #9053

Fav. AI1: Nikki McKibbin
Fav. CI1: Audrey de Montigny
Fav. Pop Idol: Will Young

Obama' position on Gay Marriage came after the public support had stayed solidly above 50% for something like 7 months. I think the tide was just finally changing and I also think that is why we are seeing so many Senator come out in favour for it. Because they have longer terms and feel like the issue will be dead by the time of their next election. yes.gif On that note Glenn Beck just came out in favour of Gay Marriage noexpression.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
adamsmo
post Apr 10th 2013, 4:11 PM
Post #9054

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen

QUOTE(Stormiya @ Apr 9th 2013, 7:36 PM) *

Obama' position on Gay Marriage came after the public support had stayed solidly above 50% for something like 7 months. I think the tide was just finally changing and I also think that is why we are seeing so many Senator come out in favour for it. Because they have longer terms and feel like the issue will be dead by the time of their next election. yes.gif On that note Glenn Beck just came out in favour of Gay Marriage noexpression.gif

Apparently, it's the issue his approval is highest on.

--------------------
http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/

is you very anti-abortions because you yourself was aborted?
+Quote Post

453 Pages V « < 451 452 453
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 23rd 2014, 12:54 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol