Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

1126 Pages V « < 1124 1125 1126   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Off Topic Thread
NanCEyeBuck
post Nov 26th 2014, 10:54 AM
Post #22501

Group: Members

QUOTE(DinaGator @ Nov 26th 2014, 11:48 AM) *

I meant Whitney is my favorite pro. I love her choreography. Not sure where Chelsea came from. unsure.gif

I like Witney also. She is so young. I remember when Derek started; I don't remember who his partner was but she indicated she was uncomfortable with someone so much younger than herself. Of course, now he's "the stud" they're all happy to be paired with. haha.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Nov 26th 2014, 10:54 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

stylin1188
post Nov 26th 2014, 11:36 AM
Post #22502

Alfonso had terrible posture and he was always stiff I also thought he got scored way higher then he should have on many dances his fast dances were great but his ballroom in hold dances were not great and awkward he won on likability he was not the best dancer and his whining about his injuries started to get on my nerves . If you are going on technique and best dancing then Val's partner was the best . I just think Sadie embodied what the show was all about she had no experience and improved every week . Mark and Derick are the most creative and are the best pro's on that show I don't care if they have attitude .I was for Sadie the whole way she was refreshing . I'm ok with Alfonso winning I liked him as well but when he started complaining every chance he got it just turned me off I cant stand whinny people to get the sympathetic vote .

--------------------
+Quote Post
Buckeyenana6
post Nov 26th 2014, 1:36 PM
Post #22503

Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery

QUOTE(stylin1188 @ Nov 26th 2014, 11:36 AM) *

Alfonso had terrible posture and he was always stiff I also thought he got scored way higher then he should have on many dances his fast dances were great but his ballroom in hold dances were not great and awkward he won on likability he was not the best dancer and his whining about his injuries started to get on my nerves . If you are going on technique and best dancing then Val's partner was the best . I just think Sadie embodied what the show was all about she had no experience and improved every week . Mark and Derick are the most creative and are the best pro's on that show I don't care if they have attitude .I was for Sadie the whole way she was refreshing . I'm ok with Alfonso winning I liked him as well but when he started complaining every chance he got it just turned me off I cant stand whinny people to get the sympathetic vote .

It was a thoroughly enjoyable season! While our Fam voted as many times as we could every week for Sadie and she was my #1 choice from the beginning I expected and was not surprised by Alfonso's win. Sadie was like a flower blooming this season - it was wonderful to see her blossom each week and reAlly show off her personality as well as her growing by leaps and bounds dance skills each week - yet remain true to who she is as a person - she got a lot of respect for that - and that is what people will remember - so glad she landed the "silver!" I was happy for Whitney to get her first win as a pro and Alfonso had so longed to be on the show I was happy for him as well.
Glad to see Val in top 3 - but he is probably wondering what he has to do to win - thought they were great as well - in another season he and his partner may have landed that Miraball!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ptebwwong
post Nov 26th 2014, 2:04 PM
Post #22504

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(NanCEyeBuck @ Nov 26th 2014, 10:54 AM) *

I like Witney also. She is so young. I remember when Derek started; I don't remember who his partner was but she indicated she was uncomfortable with someone so much younger than herself. Of course, now he's "the stud" they're all happy to be paired with. haha.gif

When Derek first started he was paired with Jennie Garth (well known as Kelly from 90210 tv show). She was older than Derek. I think more than 15+ years.

I'm not surprised by Alfonso's win. He was one of most known contestants coming into the season. Many people at least remember him due to the Fresh Prince of Bel Air or because of the Carlton dance which is still popular. I don't have a problem with him winning. I actually felt any of the Top 3 would have been deserving winners.

Personally, I don't care if someone has dance experience. In some way, I just have to be interested enough to keep watching or to vote. That's the same thing I feel about contestants on Idol or other singing shows. I don't care about the experience you've had previously as long as there's something to keep me entertained.

This post has been edited by ptebwwong: Nov 26th 2014, 2:09 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
stylin1188
post Nov 26th 2014, 2:25 PM
Post #22505

I've always been picky about what I like in music and dance first you have to have talent and then something special that sets you apart that's why I don't support to many other artist some have the it factor and some don't being mediocre just don't get me engaged in what they are putting out . That's why I love Scotty he just has IT I have never even followed anyone else like I have him .I've been known to be very critical of other artist but that's just my opinion . If an artist finally comes out with something that intrigues me ill buy it .

--------------------
+Quote Post
ptebwwong
post Nov 26th 2014, 2:31 PM
Post #22506

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(stylin1188 @ Nov 26th 2014, 2:25 PM) *

I've always been picky about what I like in music and dance first you have to have talent and then something special that sets you apart that's why I don't support to many other artist some have the it factor and some don't being mediocre just don't get me engaged in what they are putting out . That's why I love Scotty he just has IT I have never even followed anyone else like I have him .I've been known to be very critical of other artist but that's just my opinion . If an artist finally comes out with something that intrigues me ill buy it .

In dance, I think you can have the technical ability, but less personality/IT factor and vice versa. For example, think about Gene Kelly & Fred Astaire. Many people think one has better technical ability while the other has the IT factor. It's just a matter of preference. I preferred Gene over Fred, but they're both great dancers.

This post has been edited by ptebwwong: Nov 26th 2014, 2:31 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
NanCEyeBuck
post Nov 26th 2014, 3:35 PM
Post #22507

QUOTE(ptebwwong @ Nov 26th 2014, 3:31 PM) *

In dance, I think you can have the technical ability, but less personality/IT factor and vice versa. For example, think about Gene Kelly & Fred Astaire. Many people think one has better technical ability while the other has the IT factor. It's just a matter of preference. I preferred Gene over Fred, but they're both great dancers.

I love them both, but I've always preferred Gene Kelly; I think of him as more athletic and Fred as more smooth and debonair. But Gene didn't telegraph his athletic moves, which to me would diminish it.

With ice skating (men's), I much prefer someone like Brian Boitano who, though athletic, couldn't compare with all the jumping done today. But, there was something so mesmerizing about watching his seemingly effortless performance. It seems many today are either preparing for, or making the quads, and it just loses something for me. Of course, the music plays a big role. I remember watching Brian skate to Music of the Night and I don't think I breathed through the whole thing it was that mesmerizing.

Same thing with diving; there was just something so poetic watching Greg Louganis sail thru the air.

I think the sports that require athleticism and poetry in motion (including dance) are great. Of course, I love watching Bushwacker (bull who just retired) being the incredible athletic he is also - happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
NanCEyeBuck
post Nov 27th 2014, 8:09 AM
Post #22508

Lee Ann Womack will be singing the national anthem at the Cowboys/Eagles game. Paul Franklin will be joining her on steel guitar. This should be a beautiful rendition. Think I'll record the beginning of the game.

http://theboot.com/lee-ann-womack-national...-football-game/

--------------------
+Quote Post
Mamalety1949
post Nov 27th 2014, 9:07 AM
Post #22509

Fav. Scotty McCreery

QUOTE(NanCEyeBuck @ Nov 27th 2014, 9:09 AM) *

Lee Ann Womack will be singing the national anthem at the Cowboys/Eagles game. Paul Franklin will be joining her on steel guitar. This should be a beautiful rendition. Think I'll record the beginning of the game.

http://theboot.com/lee-ann-womack-national...-football-game/

thumbsup.gif wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
SCOTTY IS PURE COUNTRY BECAUSE COUNTRY IS DOWN TO EARTH FOR THE EARTH
+Quote Post
NanCEyeBuck
post Yesterday, 8:46 AM
Post #22510

Derek & Julianne Hough dance off to Fireball.

http://instagram.com/p/v7diWOtovP/

and then challenge Mark & Sadie:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=909912...e=2&theater

--------------------
+Quote Post
NanCEyeBuck
post Yesterday, 4:01 PM
Post #22511

Yearbook Pictures. Scotty is in there (same pics of him we've seen before - wish they would use a newer "now" picture) but some of these are really _______ (fill in the blank)

http://theboot.com/country-stars-yearbook-photos/

Toby looks so uncomfortable in the suit & tie; and Keith Urban, OMG! (took the sexy guy awhile to emerge.) haha.gif

And, I never would have guessed Blake. In fact when I first saw his picture, just a glance, I thought it was Vince Gill.

This post has been edited by NanCEyeBuck: Yesterday, 4:06 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Mamalety1949
post Yesterday, 5:42 PM
Post #22512

Fav. Scotty McCreery

QUOTE(NanCEyeBuck @ Nov 28th 2014, 5:01 PM) *

Yearbook Pictures. Scotty is in there (same pics of him we've seen before - wish they would use a newer "now" picture) but some of these are really _______ (fill in the blank)

http://theboot.com/country-stars-yearbook-photos/
Toby looks so uncomfortable in the suit & tie; and Keith Urban, OMG! (took the sexy guy awhile to emerge.) haha.gif

And, I never would have guessed Blake. In fact when I first saw his picture, just a glance, I thought it was Vince Gill.

Hmmm, I'd say most found themselves a really good dentist grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
SCOTTY IS PURE COUNTRY BECAUSE COUNTRY IS DOWN TO EARTH FOR THE EARTH
+Quote Post
NanCEyeBuck
post Yesterday, 5:55 PM
Post #22513

Picture and update on Randy Travis. Some good, some sad news.

http://theboot.com/randy-travis-joe-nichols-concert/

--------------------
+Quote Post

1126 Pages V « < 1124 1125 1126
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Ktdid

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Nov 29th 2014, 2:25 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol