Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

793 Pages V « < 791 792 793   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> American Idol/The Voice/X Factor/RPDR Discussion, So we can talk amongst ourselves...
madamimadam
post Oct 24th 2014, 8:36 AM
Post #15841

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

We were talking about Adam's days on AI on twitter last night. Somebody tweeted out these two blogs. Ii had seen them before but it was fun to reread...

https://www.integrallife.com/member/rebecca...cs-adam-lambert

http://blogcritics.org/american-idols-adam-lambert-balls-of/

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Oct 24th 2014, 8:36 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

vampfever
post Oct 24th 2014, 10:11 AM
Post #15842

Group: Members

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Oct 24th 2014, 9:36 AM) *

We were talking about Adam's days on AI on twitter last night. Somebody tweeted out these two blogs. Ii had seen them before but it was fun to reread...

https://www.integrallife.com/member/rebecca...cs-adam-lambert

http://blogcritics.org/american-idols-adam-lambert-balls-of/

Thanks for posting those, they were a great read original.gif I've never seen them before.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Oct 28th 2014, 10:37 AM
Post #15843

Group Icon

AdamLambertRUAB 8h 8 hours ago
Adam Lambert & J Lo (new for us) https://scontent-a-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...amp;oe=54E3A79D

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Oct 28th 2014, 12:51 PM
Post #15844

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Oct 28th 2014, 11:37 AM) *

AdamLambertRUAB 8h 8 hours ago
Adam Lambert & J Lo (new for us) https://scontent-a-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...amp;oe=54E3A79D

OMG....love the caption on that pic haha.gif haha.gif

Adam talking with his hands.....JLo listening.....very cute wub.gif

I would love for them to record a song together thumbsup.gif wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Oct 28th 2014, 7:31 PM
Post #15845

Group Icon

So someone on The Voice sang Mad World and then ... BTW, these are just a FEW I've read!!!!

ETA: And these are NOT Adam fans!!! They're The Voice watchers!!!

ashleyaucoin28
Haven't heard anyone sing Mad World like #AdamLambert Loved his version! #TheVoice

spreckles
Lol that 3 names guy did Heartless and Mad World?

lyndseyparker
Taylor John Williams on #TheVoice did "Heartless," now "Mad World." Can I request "Falling Slowly" & "Ring of Fire" next?

La_Principessa
Taylor won that round but I didn't care for his version of Mad World. He definitely isn't Adam Lambert! #TheVoice #KnockoutsContinue

MetEvaine
Taylor Three Names' Mad World was excellent, but nowhere NEAR the excellence of Adam Lambert when he sang it on American Idol.

Lisa Zevola Bardo @SteelPENGUIN71
Watching #TheVoiceKnockouts heard Mad World. Didn't even compare to @adamlambert 's version

SPOOKadooodles @BOOKadooodles
Every time I hear Mad World, I'm reminded of the brilliant performance @adamlambert gave on American Idol #NBCTheVoice

just_marnie
You want hypnotic - listen to the fabulous #adamlambert sing #madworld

Linda Vastardis @AdamsArmyGirl
Taylor ... nice job on Mad World. Not Adam Lambert by any stretch, but who is? #KnockoutsContinue

246chick
Dude, Taylor singing mad world on the Voice, Adam Lambert's version is the best I've heard.

ChocolateandSunshine @DanasChocandSun
#theknockoutscontinue One of my all-time favorites when @adamlambert sang Mad World! Save them both, right, @gwenstefani?

N0ItsBecky
Also I still always think of Adam lambert when mad world is sang

awkwardhobos
Someone sung Mad Workd on The Voice and I had to go listen to @adamlambert version cause it is perfection

CARRIE XCX @_CaRRiEMaRiE
I love @adamlambert 's version tho.

Tinted_Snowflake @AutumnNAlston
never wanna hear anyone sing mad world after adam lambert did it on idol tbh #KnockoutsContinue . hes good tho

wtfjag
I effing love MAD WORLD & especially @adamlambert rendition on #idol when IDOL was still IDOL way back..Lawd - love this song #TheVoice

a girl named fred @mbfred
sorry dude - you can't beat adam lambert's version of this song... like ever...

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Oct 28th 2014, 7:49 PM
Post #15846

Fav. Adam Lambert

Once Adam sings a song....it should be like a retired jersey .... wub.gif

It should not be sung by another person !!!

Especially on a singing competition show rolleyes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sagitarius
post Oct 28th 2014, 8:19 PM
Post #15847

I've listened to Adam's Mad World a million times but just had to click on AL's YT again after listening to The Voice version... thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Oct 28th 2014, 8:47 PM
Post #15848

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Oct 28th 2014, 8:31 PM) *

So someone on The Voice sang Mad World and then ... BTW, these are just a FEW I've read!!!!

ETA: And these are NOT Adam fans!!! They're The Voice watchers!!!

lyndseyparker
Taylor John Williams on #TheVoice did "Heartless," now "Mad World." Can I request "Falling Slowly" & "Ring of Fire" next?

Love Lyndsey's tweet...

I recorded tonight's episode to watch later. Mad World is such a haunting song. Looking forward to hearing another version.

These early rounds of The Voice have been really good. They've got a lot of great talent. And Gwen and Pharrell have been great additions as coaches.

Pharrell is such a 'positive, calm, ray of light, see the good in all' kind of guy. I can only imagine how he and Adam related to each other. Would love to have heard their conversations about music and life.

He's brought a completely different vibe to the show. As the other coaches have coached yet also competed to be the winning team/coach, Pharrell never seems to be in the competitive mode but always in the coaching mode. I have no doubt he's also thinking of what he can gain by working with some of them beyond the show but while sitting in that chair he's been nothing but encouraging to all of them - always giving out great advice even to those not on his team. And he does it in such a way that it's not just advice for music but for life.

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Oct 28th 2014, 9:11 PM
Post #15849

Group Icon

mmadamimadamm 1m1 minute ago
LOVE THIS!!!! RT @timesmasher: @GlamPimpLinda @mmadamimadamm So basically, "He's no Adam Lambert". Love it!

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
3ku1
post Oct 28th 2014, 9:28 PM
Post #15850

Adam Lambert has made it, he is getting"he's no", legend terriotory that is haha. I remember at the QAL concert in Auckland, that I was at haha. People were around me were raving about him, how he is the best Idol Alum ever. I well go one step further, I beleive he is the best find from any singing show ever periord. I would say this even if I wasen't a fan. The dudes got the complete package. He has always had this larger then life persona, its hard to explain, its true when they say theirs only one Adam Lambert, its not just some special thing you put in a tweet haha, its a fact and so true. I feel sorry for Gary Jules though, then I again I don't, he well be getting royalties anyway. But exposure for his song is great, one of the writers put Adam along side Gary so its all good. Generally you cannot beat the original, unless your Adam Lambert.

--------------------
+Quote Post
sandyrk
post Oct 28th 2014, 10:26 PM
Post #15851

Group: NX Subscribers

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(Love2Lurk @ Oct 28th 2014, 5:49 PM) *

Once Adam sings a song....it should be like a retired jersey .... wub.gif

It should not be sung by another person !!!

Especially on a singing competition show rolleyes.gif

Just saw it on the Voice. I really like that kid; I wish he hadn't sung MW. No comparison. Now I like him less.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Oct 29th 2014, 6:46 AM
Post #15852

Fav. Adam Lambert

Here is LP's article about ...The Voice....and Taylor's vid of singing MW....

....... he (Taylor) has performed one of Adam Lambert's Idol signature songs, "Mad World."

https://music.yahoo.com/blogs/reality-rocks...diacontentstory

I don't watch the Voice.....however..... Taylor did a respectful job performing this song flowers.gif

This post has been edited by Love2Lurk: Oct 29th 2014, 6:48 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Oct 29th 2014, 7:56 AM
Post #15853

QUOTE(Love2Lurk @ Oct 29th 2014, 7:46 AM) *

Here is LP's article about ...The Voice....and Taylor's vid of singing MW....

....... he (Taylor) has performed one of Adam Lambert's Idol signature songs, "Mad World."

https://music.yahoo.com/blogs/reality-rocks...diacontentstory
I don't watch the Voice.....however..... Taylor did a respectful job performing this song flowers.gif

I agree. I liked his performance. He interpreted it differently. It wasn't as haunting as when Adam sings it but it was good. I try to remember as I watch these shows that every artist hears and feels a song differently so to compare really isn't fair (and to compare to Adam is really, really not fair). After all, we discovered Adam on one of these shows where he put his own spin on each and every song he performed.

Having said that, If I were Gwen I'm not sure if I would have chosen Taylor over Troy. Troy's performance was fun!

And another note about these last two days of The Voice. My feelings on Taylor Swift have changed over the years from being impressed with her songwriting to enjoying some of her songs to finding her annoying. But, I must say she has been a great mentor. She gives perfect advice to them on how to move on stage...how to make a connection with the audience....how to interpret the song. I'm impressed.

--------------------
+Quote Post

793 Pages V « < 791 792 793
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Nov 1st 2014, 5:24 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol