Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

3 Pages V < 1 2 3   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> This Big Press Conference Needs its own thread, BIG Bits Of info
lifesabeach
post Apr 16th 2011, 9:56 PM
Post #41

Group: Members

It would depend on what the 19 ppl tell him. He said at the Fox interview, "It depends on what happens with 19". So we'll see.... more will be revealed. shifty.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Adam-The boy who fell to Earth, according to Rolling Stone Magazine.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Apr 16th 2011, 9:56 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

scooter
post Apr 16th 2011, 9:59 PM
Post #42

Fav. AI11: Hollie Cavanagh
Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry
Fav. Danny Gokey

The band could audition and if chosen by the label be in his band. That is what happened for Cook. His keyboard player/backup singer Andy and his guitar player Neal were in his old band and got hired for his new band but they are not signed to the label. Cook is their employer. But they have been performing and touring without Cook with the other 2 guys in his band WITHOUT Cook. Even Jon Bon Jovi said that he is the only one signed to his label and the rest of the band (Bon Jovi) work for him. I think Daughtry has a couple of people from his old band in his band Daughtry. Daughtry's first album was complete before his band was formed. I just don't want Paul to give up any opportunity. Maybe all of his band members will be hired as his touring band. Maybe they are that good. flowers.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
NatesHeadbander
post Apr 16th 2011, 10:04 PM
Post #43

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. Band: DMB

I just hope JP makes it! I flove him wub.gif The rest of the band is awesome too but he's the one that I would be most upset about if he didn't keep making music with PAul

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
avi:[*]||sig:[*]
+Quote Post
OliveJane
post Apr 16th 2011, 10:44 PM
Post #44

QUOTE(NatesHeadbander @ Apr 16th 2011, 11:04 PM) *

I just hope JP makes it! I flove him wub.gif The rest of the band is awesome too but he's the one that I would be most upset about if he didn't keep making music with PAul

Yes, I agree completely. I would hate it, so much, if Paul couldn't sign with his band, but I'd be even more devastated if JP couldn't be with him.
They've been in the band together since the beginning, while other members have come and gone. Plus Paul and JP mesh so well. They need to stay together! wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
[size=2]My Awesome Blog
+Quote Post
lifesabeach
post Apr 16th 2011, 10:48 PM
Post #45

I wouldn't want him to pass up an opportunity, either. We'll see.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoveThoseBoys01
post Apr 16th 2011, 11:39 PM
Post #46

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. AI10: Paul McDonald

QUOTE(blackfield @ Apr 16th 2011, 10:11 AM) *

couple of weeks ago he tweeted about writing new songs and also recording a demo.. and there was no secret that jimmy iovine liked him, you could see it in all the behind the scenes videos. as for 19 standing in the way i think 19 died when they switched labels. they dont have much control as they did in previous years.

That's right he did say he recorded a demo! Totally forgot about that. EEEEEEP! w00t.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
b_fly26
post Apr 17th 2011, 12:38 AM
Post #47

Fav. AI4: Bo Bice
Fav. Stars: Marty,Jason,Blake,Sio

Re: the whole shebang about leaving the band.

I don't know... I saw the point about Bo Bice and David Cook's band but the difference here is that The Grand Magnolias are getting such a huge following now (see iTunes charts) mainly because of Paul but also, I think, because people appreciate their sound as a whole. I mean, J.P.'s guitar playing and musicality + Paul's vocals and artistry are practically inseparable when it comes to the sound of the Grand Magnolias. The whole time on Idol, people have been saying that Paul is wonderful as part of a band, or as a band's frontmen, so I don't see him going solo permanently any time soon. But I do believe that in one way or another he's going to get TGM involved in his career. And I pray that he does. They're all really amazing (although I miss Scott Rollins!! Why did he leave the original band? crying.gif)

--------------------
ai11: jessica, colton, philjun | graphics: ai10, ai11
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
SMILE, cuties : djokovic, berdych, fish, murray, nadal | tumblr | twitter
+Quote Post
LoveThoseBoys01
post Apr 17th 2011, 12:55 AM
Post #48

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(b_fly26 @ Apr 16th 2011, 10:38 PM) *

Re: the whole shebang about leaving the band.

I don't know... I saw the point about Bo Bice and David Cook's band but the difference here is that The Grand Magnolias are getting such a huge following now (see iTunes charts) mainly because of Paul but also, I think, because people appreciate their sound as a whole. I mean, J.P.'s guitar playing and musicality + Paul's vocals and artistry are practically inseparable when it comes to the sound of the Grand Magnolias. The whole time on Idol, people have been saying that Paul is wonderful as part of a band, or as a band's frontmen, so I don't see him going solo permanently any time soon. But I do believe that in one way or another he's going to get TGM involved in his career. And I pray that he does. They're all really amazing (although I miss Scott Rollins!! Why did he leave the original band? crying.gif)

I'm hoping for "Paul McDonald and the Grand Magnolias"

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
taylortriumphs
post Apr 17th 2011, 1:36 AM
Post #49

All previous Idol finalists including the great Daughtry were allowed to bring with them a maximum of 2 band members and they too had to audition like everyone else. Only Lee got a whole new band coz his old bandmates were really old and had already been after him to recruit younger talent! Depending on whether Paul is required to go solo or something, the same rule might apply to him, and JP will definitely be one of those allowed to join him, but as b_fly26 rightly said the difference here is that The Grand Magnolias are already very well established with a huge fan following and high iTunes sales and rankings so who knows! Either way, I'm sure this is a scenario that Paul and his band members had to have discussed when he decided to try out for this show and made the Top 24 ... or was this another aspect of American Idol that our dear boy was clueless about rolleyes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
lifesabeach
post Apr 17th 2011, 1:40 AM
Post #50

QUOTE(LoveThoseBoys01 @ Apr 16th 2011, 9:39 PM) *

That's right he did say he recorded a demo! Totally forgot about that. EEEEEEP! w00t.gif

Oh yes! True!! And I have to say that I love that Paul is so.... chatty. sorcerer.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
b_fly26
post Apr 17th 2011, 2:30 AM
Post #51

Fav. AI4: Bo Bice
Fav. Stars: Marty,Jason,Blake,Sio

If he has to choose two, pleaaaaaaase get Craigon and J.P.! crying.gif

--------------------
ai11: jessica, colton, philjun | graphics: ai10, ai11
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
SMILE, cuties : djokovic, berdych, fish, murray, nadal | tumblr | twitter
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 31st 2014, 3:27 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol