Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

3 Pages V < 1 2 3   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ALI 70th from Las Vegas, Haley Reinhart / Slash / Myles Kennedy Wild Horses
Tusk
post Feb 27th 2012, 6:08 PM
Post #41

Group: Members

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson

QUOTE(D.J. @ Feb 27th 2012, 3:03 PM) *

It's way to early to say she earned any rock cred. You don't get any rock cred from one cover. It's something that needs to be built on or anyone who has ever played with Slash or done any cover with somebody who is respected in the rock community has some rock cred. And if you ask any rock fan if they think Rihanna has any rock cred I think we can all predict the answer to that one.

And that is what she is doing...building
I never said she "has" rock cred, as in 'Haley Reinhart, the Rocker'.....I said she gained "some"....as in people in the rock community reacted positively.....
am I repeating myself?

I
never
said
she
has
rock
cred

Why do you keep implying that I did? This is her biggest post Idol professional roll out.

She has no credibility outside of the AI bubble and Interscope. I never said she has rock credit. That's why I have to keep highlighting the word "some" to you, and you keep on replying she has to earn it.....why are you not getting the difference?

This post has been edited by Tusk: Feb 27th 2012, 6:12 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 27th 2012, 6:08 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

D.J.
post Feb 27th 2012, 6:16 PM
Post #42

QUOTE(Tusk @ Feb 27th 2012, 6:08 PM) *

And that is what she is doing...building
I never said she "has" rock cred, as in 'Haley Reinhart, the Rocker'.....I said she gained "some"....as in people in the rock community reacted positively.....
am I repeating myself?

I
never
said
she
has
rock
cred

Why do you keep implying that I did? This is her biggest post Idol professional roll out.

She has no credibility outside of the AI bubble and Interscope. I never said she has rock credit. That's why I have to keep highlighting the word "some" to you, and you keep on replying she has to earn it.....why are you not getting the difference?

Dude, you say that you never said she has rock credit but you keep saying she has "some" rock cred. Is it some or none? Which one is it? You're saying both. You're the one playing with semantics with using "some" in the context of "as in people in the rock community reacted positively".

Right now I think she has some of their attention and we shall wait and see what comes of it.

I think I'm hanging up this call now. haha.gif

This post has been edited by D.J.: Feb 29th 2012, 4:53 PM

--------------------
"Humanity is premiering you jags."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Feb 27th 2012, 6:25 PM
Post #43

QUOTE(D.J. @ Feb 27th 2012, 3:16 PM) *

Dude, you say that you never said she has rock credit but you keep saying she has some. It's some or none. One or the other. You're the one playing with semantics with using some in the context of "as in people in the rock community reacted positively".

Right now I think she has some of their attention and we shall wait and see what comes of it.

I think I'm hanging up this call now. haha.gif

How do you 'build credit', like you say she needs to do, if it's one or the other?
Ultimately that's the issue in this discussion.
You are "all or nothing' with your definition where as I cater to the 'starting from nothing and adding onto to finally achieve' type of credit. I too believe you need to earn it and that's what she is beginning to do with that performance. She knows she has to earn it.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
D.J.
post Feb 27th 2012, 6:27 PM
Post #44

QUOTE(Tusk @ Feb 27th 2012, 6:25 PM) *

How do you 'build credit', like you say she needs to do, if it's one or the other?
Ultimately that's the issue in this discussion.
You are "all or nothing' with your definition where as I cater to the 'starting from nothing and adding onto to finally achieve' type of credit. I too believe you need to earn it and that's what she is beginning to do with that performance. She knows she has to earn it.

I feel like you prove yourself with your own music first and foremost. That's just my take. Like I said. Everything remains to be seen but I think it is a positive start for her.

This post has been edited by D.J.: Feb 27th 2012, 6:28 PM

--------------------
"Humanity is premiering you jags."
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Feb 27th 2012, 6:44 PM
Post #45

QUOTE(D.J. @ Feb 27th 2012, 3:27 PM) *

I feel like you prove yourself with your own music first and foremost. That's just my take. Like I said. Everything remains to be seen but I think it is a positive start for her.

On that I'll agree haha.gif flowers.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
dipz0r
post Feb 29th 2012, 9:28 AM
Post #46

That was a roller coaster ride.
I couldn't get to the end of the discussion, who won? (here's hoping it doesn't start again).

--------------------
Jessica, Caleb.
Majesty, MK, Briana, Emily, Brandy.
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Feb 29th 2012, 4:19 PM
Post #47

QUOTE(dipz0r @ Feb 29th 2012, 8:28 AM) *

That was a roller coaster ride.
I couldn't get to the end of the discussion, who won? (here's hoping it doesn't start again).

Wow I was last here @ post 18 and it started out as 2 ppl that I knew won't back down and are firm on their beliefs. Should I even read it and is there anything posted besides that argument?

This post has been edited by druth8x: Feb 29th 2012, 4:19 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
stuart
post Feb 29th 2012, 7:33 PM
Post #48

I don't know if you can get 'cred' by performing with someone.

Mikalah Gordon sung with Babyface at the finale....it didn't help her one bit.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Mar 1st 2012, 8:16 AM
Post #49

QUOTE(druth8x @ Feb 29th 2012, 1:19 PM) *

Wow I was last here @ post 18 and it started out as 2 ppl that I knew won't back down and are firm on their beliefs. Should I even read it and is there anything posted besides that argument?

Not worth it, we had a different understanding of what I meant when I said she gained some 'rock cred'.

I meant it as meaning she is taking steps towards widening her market by showing she can perform well with those in the rock community. Myles and Slash fans, especially, were exposed to her. So I meant it as a step towards...a building of credibility. Gaining credit in the rock community. Maybe some Myles or Slash fans will be Haley fans.

He took the meaning of 'rock cred' in absolute terms. You have it. You don't have it.

Circular argument. wacko.gif

At least it ended non violently and no small animals were hurt haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
dipz0r
post Mar 1st 2012, 9:03 AM
Post #50

QUOTE(druth8x @ Feb 29th 2012, 9:19 PM) *

After that initial argument they started arguing semantics and I stopped reading there.

QUOTE(Tusk @ Mar 1st 2012, 1:16 PM) *

Not worth it, we had a different understanding of what I meant when I said she gained some 'rock cred'.

I meant it as meaning she is taking steps towards widening her market by showing she can perform well with those in the rock community. Myles and Slash fans, especially, were exposed to her. So I meant it as a step towards...a building of credibility. Gaining credit in the rock community. Maybe some Myles or Slash fans will be Haley fans.

He took the meaning of 'rock cred' in absolute terms. You have it. You don't have it.

Circular argument. wacko.gif

At least it ended non violently and no small animals were hurt haha.gif

Oh. didn't notice you already responded to Samantha.

--------------------
Jessica, Caleb.
Majesty, MK, Briana, Emily, Brandy.
+Quote Post
satchvai
post Mar 1st 2012, 12:16 PM
Post #51

Fav. King's X (Doug Pinnick)

QUOTE(stuart @ Feb 29th 2012, 7:33 PM) *

I don't know if you can get 'cred' by performing with someone.

Mikalah Gordon sung with Babyface at the finale....it didn't help her one bit.

Big difference between singing in the Idol Bubble with a celeb vs singing at the largest event in Vegas this year honoring Muhammad F'n Ali and being introduced as "Interscope recording Artist, Haley Reinhart" not "Top 3 finisher on American Idol, Haley Reinhart"

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
figure8
post Mar 2nd 2012, 9:03 PM
Post #52

Sweet

IPB Image

IPB Image

19 Entertainment @19News
Check out @HaleyReinhart's pictures with @Slash & @Myles Kennedy at the @AliDailyQuote in Vegas last week: http://on.fb.me/yNVc9s

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Sep 21st 2014, 11:06 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol