Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

950 Pages V « < 535 536 537 538 539 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ~~Official~~ General Discussion for Trespassing
madamimadam
post Feb 15th 2012, 9:33 PM
Post #10721

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

QUOTE(SueB @ Feb 15th 2012, 9:18 PM) *

Amazon hasn't changed the date, either. It still says it's coming out on March 20.

I think we may know a whole lot more after Adam meets with RCA dude tomorrow in NYC.

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 15th 2012, 9:33 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 15th 2012, 11:05 PM
Post #10722

Group: Members

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

QUOTE(Sage @ Feb 15th 2012, 3:05 PM) *

I was just watching some of the interviews Adam did backstage at the Grammys last week and there is one, it is over in the onlie media thread, with a Canadian radio station where Adam alludes to this. He talked about how Canada has been more accepting of him because they're more open minded, and not "hung up on hang-ups." So I'd say this is certainly still an issue.

You're right. It still exists here in Canada, as it does all around the world, but it's much more accepted than in the United States, that's for sure.

QUOTE(glamglamglam @ Feb 15th 2012, 7:29 PM) *

Okay so is the album delayed or not? wacko.gif Is "Mapril" just Adam's way of saying "late March"? I figured if it really was delayed the release dates would have change on all the music sites, or at the very least he would have changed his Twitter description, by now... ermm.gif

It's changed. He said it's not done.

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 15th 2012, 11:38 PM
Post #10723

QUOTE(SueB @ Feb 15th 2012, 9:18 PM) *

Amazon hasn't changed the date, either. It still says it's coming out on March 20.

I know. I wish it still were, but unfortunately, nobody seems to know anything.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
BHS9697
post Feb 16th 2012, 2:44 AM
Post #10724

QUOTE(sunrise123 @ Feb 15th 2012, 11:55 PM) *

Just my opinion ................................. WWFM was Adam's biggest success from the first album. BTIKM is in the same genre, a mid tempo ballad, even the videographer for WWFM was asked to give notes for the BTIKM mv. I suspect BTIKM was brought in as the soft, easy follow on - a safe bet - what the fans were looking for, .......... before releasing the Trespassing tracks which both the critics and Adam are saying are VERY different. I'm sure RCA and Adam are looking very carefully at international reaction to BTIKM and are tweaking the album as a result. Also - deep breath, I think we should be braced towards the fact that Adam definitely loves dance and pop and what's current and even dubstep !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....and that this album is going to be way more that way inclined than FYE and SOME OF US MIGHT NOT LIKE IT !!! (yes Sylvia, I'm thinking about you!!!). There is the crumb of Queen collaboration to hold onto. heart.gif

Also , without wishing to offend anyone, there is a December/Finnish incident that particularly US DJ's would have been more than ready to use as ammunition to not play Adam or use to his disadvantage in interviews. So the more time he has to win around DJ's across the US, to create positive headlines such as playing with Queen (well done that UK journalist !!!!), to allow time for plenty of views of his very pretty video across many formats , and generate lots of fabby pictures of him buying healthy foods whilst slurping vitamin juice with a happy boyfriend by his side , ................the better Trespassing is going to do.

I for one think we should NOT be hoping for a swift release of the album. Let BTIKM make a gentle impact , then something really, really huge smash as a single - Adam /NickiMinaj???? before Trespassing is launched.

(Sunrise - with no talent or experience whatsoever now disappears into the sunset - haha!!)

I really like your thorough analysis flowers.gif Of course none of us knows any details but what you wrote does make a lot of sense.

--------------------
IPB Image
- Signature created by ♥JM♥
+Quote Post
Sabine
post Feb 16th 2012, 4:36 AM
Post #10725

QUOTE(sunrise123 @ Feb 15th 2012, 10:55 PM) *

Also , without wishing to offend anyone, there is a December/Finnish incident that particularly US DJ's would have been more than ready to use as ammunition to not play Adam or use to his disadvantage in interviews. So the more time he has to win around DJ's across the US, to create positive headlines such as playing with Queen (well done that UK journalist !!!!), to allow time for plenty of views of his very pretty video across many formats , and generate lots of fabby pictures of him buying healthy foods whilst slurping vitamin juice with a happy boyfriend by his side , ................the better Trespassing is going to do.

Interesting analysis but I disagree that the Finland incident has any influence on playing or not playing BTIKM - most of the DJs do not even mention the incident and most of them obviously like him - no wonder, he is articulate, intelligent and humourus.

I think most of the DJs would like to play his music- but it is not their decision, the PDs decide on who's to play.
One of the girls who attended one of the NY M&G mentioned that they talked with the DJ about Chris Brown and he told her that they do not like him but have to play his music......

I hope that Adams visit to all the radio stations will have an influence on them willing to play his songs - if not for BTIKM now then for his next single.

Since the album is obviosuly delayed I am quiete sure we will get another single before the albums drops.

--------------------
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Feb 16th 2012, 7:55 AM
Post #10726

QUOTE(Sabine @ Feb 16th 2012, 4:36 AM) *

Interesting analysis but I disagree that the Finland incident has any influence on playing or not playing BTIKM - most of the DJs do not even mention the incident and most of them obviously like him - no wonder, he is articulate, intelligent and humourus.

I think most of the DJs would like to play his music- but it is not their decision, the PDs decide on who's to play.
One of the girls who attended one of the NY M&G mentioned that they talked with the DJ about Chris Brown and he told her that they do not like him but have to play his music......

I hope that Adams visit to all the radio stations will have an influence on them willing to play his songs - if not for BTIKM now then for his next single.

Since the album is obviosuly delayed I am quiete sure we will get another single before the albums drops.

I agree that the Finland incident has nothing to do with whether radio stations play the song. The incident wasn't as big a deal as the fans made it out to be. The fans spent more time discussing and analyzing than the media did. It was reported and they moved on. And if and when the dj's mention it, it becomes a funny moment that everyone shrugs off as a 'been there, done that'. No one cares.

I'm not necessarily sure, though, that program directors are the ones making the decisions about adding songs. From everything I've been told, the program directors don't really make those decisions either. It comes from corporate. Corporate tells the program directors what songs to add and when to add them. Program directors then program the show and the line-up of songs. I emailed the program director of our local HAC station back when IIHY was released and he told me that the decision came down from corporate on whether to add the song. I emailed him again for the new song and got basically the same response....'he hoped Corporate would give them the go ahead to add the song'.....hasn't happened yet.

I guess the best that can happen from the radio station visits is that the dj's and program directors let corporate know that they like the song and Adam and that fans have been requesting the song.

I don't pretend to understand how all this works and why some guy sitting in an office somewhere gets to make the decisions about what songs we hear on the radio...it makes no sense. Love the days when you could call a radio station, talk to the dj, ask for a song and it would get played. What a concept - play what people want to hear!?!?!

--------------------
+Quote Post
loveroftalent
post Feb 16th 2012, 8:07 AM
Post #10727

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

What a concept - play what people want to hear!?!?!

Yeah Really...It's so frustrating.....Someone at the top holding all the strings....

Does anyone remember the article about radio and DJs. Basically they have the control to make a song a hit or not....It's really telling what they try to do with Adam....

Hopefully Z100 gets onboard again soon with Adam....

--------------------
+Quote Post
glamglamglam
post Feb 16th 2012, 9:42 AM
Post #10728

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart

QUOTE(Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ Feb 15th 2012, 11:38 PM) *

I know. I wish it still were, but unfortunately, nobody seems to know anything.

Ugh. It's not the waiting that bothers me, it's all the cloak and dagger "maybe"s and inconsistencies...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Feb 16th 2012, 10:00 AM
Post #10729

Fav. Steven Tyler

QUOTE(sunrise123 @ Feb 15th 2012, 4:55 PM) *

Just my opinion ................................. WWFM was Adam's biggest success from the first album. BTIKM is in the same genre, a mid tempo ballad, even the videographer for WWFM was asked to give notes for the BTIKM mv. I suspect BTIKM was brought in as the soft, easy follow on - a safe bet - what the fans were looking for, .......... before releasing the Trespassing tracks which both the critics and Adam are saying are VERY different. I'm sure RCA and Adam are looking very carefully at international reaction to BTIKM and are tweaking the album as a result. Also - deep breath, I think we should be braced towards the fact that Adam definitely loves dance and pop and what's current and even dubstep !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....and that this album is going to be way more that way inclined than FYE and SOME OF US MIGHT NOT LIKE IT !!! (yes Sylvia, I'm thinking about you!!!). There is the crumb of Queen collaboration to hold onto. heart.gif

I for one think we should NOT be hoping for a swift release of the album. Let BTIKM make a gentle impact , then something really, really huge smash as a single - Adam /NickiMinaj???? before Trespassing is launched.

(Sunrise - with no talent or experience whatsoever now disappears into the sunset - haha!!)

Not going to judge or speculate about something I haven't heard. We'll get there when we do and see (or hear). thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
swflaboy
post Feb 16th 2012, 10:39 AM
Post #10730

Adam Lambert Confirms Bruno Mars Collaboration On New Album 'Trespassing'Plus, hear his thoughts on the late Whitney Houston...

Photo: wenn

Adam Lambert has confirmed that he has recorded a duet with Bruno Mars for his new album 'Trespassing'.

Asked whether the rumour about 'Grenade' star Mars guesting on the forthcoming album by ArjanWrites at the Grammys, Adam was happy to reveal the truth.

"That's a yes! He will be on the record," said the 'Better Than I Know Myself' star.

Meanwhile, Adam spoke emotionally about Whitney Houston, who had died just hours previous.

"The least we can do is to remember her and pay tribute to her artistry and celebrate her life. It's a hard thing to say. It's a bit soon to say much more at this time. It's still so fresh."

Adding: "I was just being like 'damn, she can sing!' And with vocals like that she inspired all singers. That was singing. A top-notch level of difficulty, taste and flavor. She had it all."

Adam recently denied reports linking him to becoming the new frontman of iconic rock band Queen.

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/6980...bum-Trespassing

This post has been edited by swflaboy: Feb 16th 2012, 10:44 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ohiogal
post Feb 16th 2012, 12:10 PM
Post #10731

I wonder if the Bruno Mars/Adam duet will be the next single? Maybe that's why there's a delay...

--------------------
+Quote Post
aquariusfin
post Feb 16th 2012, 12:31 PM
Post #10732

QUOTE(ohiogal @ Feb 16th 2012, 12:10 PM) *

I wonder if the Bruno Mars/Adam duet will be the next single? Maybe that's why there's a delay...

That would be my guess.

Maybe RCA & Co now have concluded, that BTIKM isn't being played because of who's singing it (which I believe to be the case).

And maybe they have by now figured out, that no amount of niceness, the best vocals in the world, or anything else is going to turn the radio bosses' minds. (thinking how impossible it would be to turn around the Rep presidential candidates and their voters fear.gif )

IF this is the case, then the Bruno collab would be the most brilliant scheme ever! If the radio won't play that song, either it would really proove the point, wouldn't it? devil.gif
And if they do play the song (hoping), and it becomes a huge hit, it could take away some of the prejudice and fear of backlash the radio might be fearing.

Rambling, so I'll shut up now. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 16th 2012, 12:41 PM
Post #10733

QUOTE(Sabine @ Feb 16th 2012, 4:36 AM) *

I'm in total agreement with this. I don't know exactly what's behind the PD's decisions not to play Adam's music, but it has NOTHING to do with the Finland incident.

QUOTE(glamglamglam @ Feb 16th 2012, 9:42 AM) *

Ugh. It's not the waiting that bothers me, it's all the cloak and dagger "maybe"s and inconsistencies...

I know, same here. I wish we'd get something definitive.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Feb 16th 2012, 12:39 PM
Post #10734

QUOTE(aquariusfin @ Feb 16th 2012, 12:31 PM) *

That would be my guess.

Maybe RCA & Co now have concluded, that BTIKM isn't being played because of who's singing it (which I believe to be the case).

And maybe they have by now figured out, that no amount of niceness, the best vocals in the world, or anything else is going to turn the radio bosses' minds. (thinking how impossible it would be to turn around the Rep presidential candidates and their voters fear.gif )

IF this is the case, then the Bruno collab would be the most brilliant scheme ever! If the radio won't play that song, either it would really proove the point, wouldn't it? devil.gif
And if they do play the song (hoping), and it becomes a huge hit, it could take away some of the prejudice and fear of backlash the radio might be fearing.

I don't think it has anything to do with it being Adam. If Adam was the problem, WWFM would have never been the big hit it was. It's still played daily on many stations. It's not Adam. It's obvious he's become really respected in the industry and that every person who meets and works with him admires and likes him. It's not Adam.

Although I enjoy Better Than I Know Myself, maybe those here who say it's not a good fit for radio are right. I honestly don't know. After all these years of listening to music I don't know that I would be able to say 'yes..that's a radio hit'. I just know what I like. I thought every song on FYE deserved to be on the radio haha.gif I just wanted everyone else to hear what we were hearing and loving.

I honestly don't know or care what makes a song radio friendly. It's all a game anyway. A game I really don't want to play. Just give me the music - anywhere, any time, on the radio, on an album, live in concert. I just want music!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Crazyadamfan09
post Feb 16th 2012, 12:47 PM
Post #10735

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. Artist: Rihanna

QUOTE(swflaboy @ Feb 16th 2012, 11:39 AM) *

Adam Lambert Confirms Bruno Mars Collaboration On New Album 'Trespassing'Plus, hear his thoughts on the late Whitney Houston...
Photo: wenn

Adam Lambert has confirmed that he has recorded a duet with Bruno Mars for his new album 'Trespassing'.

Asked whether the rumour about 'Grenade' star Mars guesting on the forthcoming album by ArjanWrites at the Grammys, Adam was happy to reveal the truth.

"That's a yes! He will be on the record," said the 'Better Than I Know Myself' star.

Meanwhile, Adam spoke emotionally about Whitney Houston, who had died just hours previous.

"The least we can do is to remember her and pay tribute to her artistry and celebrate her life. It's a hard thing to say. It's a bit soon to say much more at this time. It's still so fresh."

Adding: "I was just being like 'damn, she can sing!' And with vocals like that she inspired all singers. That was singing. A top-notch level of difficulty, taste and flavor. She had it all."

Adam recently denied reports linking him to becoming the new frontman of iconic rock band Queen.

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/6980...bum-Trespassing

So It;s a DUET!?? super excited!! I love Bruno's music and his voice.

This post has been edited by Crazyadamfan09: Feb 16th 2012, 12:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
barb4Adam
post Feb 16th 2012, 12:50 PM
Post #10736

QUOTE(Vivaldi @ Feb 15th 2012, 2:43 PM) *

Thanks for the videos, danilo85!

"Here's Adam Lambert, ladies and gentlemen, a superstar!"....I love it! grin.gif

QUOTE(adamsdorado @ Feb 16th 2012, 4:50 AM) *

I can't stop watching this,just perfect wub.gif really who can sing like that nowadays?

Adam Lambert - Better Than I Know Myself - Live in studio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZB3srUEFZ4

Adam Lambert - What Do you Want From Me - Live in studio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF7vSaaF6Uk

Adam Lambert BTINM 102.7 HD
Putting himself out there...'doing it perfectly'!! w00twave.gif
I truly believe he has never sounded and looked better, so perfectly relaxed even.....at ease with himself and the world around him!
yes.gif
Whatever he has in store for himself/us from now on, this man has arrived ladies and gentleman! 'The whole package' as someone tweeted in the midst of total unabashed flailing into the wee hours last night when I finally gave up trying to keep up with this energizer bunny.

Taking New York by storm...and that says a lot in a city that has seen and heard it all and is just not that easilly impressed...
the DJ on Serius...'the best they had ever heard'.....YES! thumbsup.gif

And for those concerned about album delays and such...I think he knows exactly what he is doing and is 'doing it perfectly'!! yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
glamberts
post Feb 16th 2012, 12:52 PM
Post #10737

QUOTE(Silvia @ Feb 16th 2012, 10:00 AM) *

Not going to judge or speculate about something I haven't heard. We'll get there when we do and see (or hear). thumbsup.gif

huggy.gif heart.gif

--------------------
Adam and Queen - AWESOME[/size][/b][b][i][font=Arial Black][size=7]
+Quote Post
aquariusfin
post Feb 16th 2012, 12:54 PM
Post #10738

QUOTE(bebeg @ Feb 16th 2012, 12:39 PM) *

I don't think it has anything to do with it being Adam. If Adam was the problem, WWFM would have never been the big hit it was. It's still played daily on many stations. It's not Adam. It's obvious he's become really respected in the industry and that every person who meets and works with him admires and likes him. It's not Adam.

Your're probably right. It's true that WWFM was eventually played quite bit, but there were some big stations that never played any of FYE music (looking at you Seacrest thumbdown.gif ), and most of the big stations, that did were quite slow to pick it up.

Maybe we are just being too unpatient, and should give it some more time.

And like Vivaldi keeps repeating huggy.gif , vote and request like mad yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
classexa
post Feb 16th 2012, 12:57 PM
Post #10739

Not a duet as the next single. I want Trespassing or Cookuu. But I guess I understand why blarg.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Feb 16th 2012, 1:03 PM
Post #10740

Fav. Steven Tyler

QUOTE(aquariusfin @ Feb 16th 2012, 12:31 PM) *

That would be my guess.

QUOTE(bebeg @ Feb 16th 2012, 12:39 PM) *

Although I enjoy Better Than I Know Myself, maybe those here who say it's not a good fit for radio are right. I honestly don't know. After all these years of listening to music I don't know that I would be able to say 'yes..that's a radio hit'. I just know what I like. I thought every song on FYE deserved to be on the radio haha.gif I just wanted everyone else to hear what we were hearing and loving.

I honestly don't know or care what makes a song radio friendly. It's all a game anyway. A game I really don't want to play. Just give me the music - anywhere, any time, on the radio, on an album, live in concert. I just want music!!

You both have valid arguments. Although I don't think BTIKM is a great song, there are certainly a lot worse songs that get plenty of play and there are downright shitty ones that do too.
OTOH, WWFM got plenty of play and still does.

If that awful BM gives him radio play so be it. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

950 Pages V « < 535 536 537 538 539 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 31st 2014, 6:38 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol