Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I want to do American Idol/X-Factor, I'd love some feedback!
Idolfan695
post Jul 8th 2011, 8:01 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

your a good singer you do have a unique voice i agree with the other poster it seems kinda classical to me... with some more experience and the right song im sure you have a chance to make it past the audition on the voice/idol/x factor or at least get to the judges good luck to you thumbsup.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jul 8th 2011, 8:01 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

aifanatic100
post Jul 13th 2011, 1:31 PM
Post #22

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI5: Kellie Pickler
Fav. Fav. AI7: Carly Smithson

QUOTE(hayden98 @ Jul 8th 2011, 8:03 PM) *

I'd be interested in seeing what you could do with "Get Ready", so if you'd like to maybe you could sing that next original.gif

"Get Ready" as in the one they use a lot in Hollywood for Idol? The "Get Ready cause here I come" one? haha.gif I'll give it a shot yes.gif I've been looking for songs to cover for my channel cuz I haven't posted a new video in awhile, but I haven't decided on anything yet

QUOTE(Idolfan695 @ Jul 8th 2011, 9:01 PM) *

your a good singer you do have a unique voice i agree with the other poster it seems kinda classical to me... with some more experience and the right song im sure you have a chance to make it past the audition on the voice/idol/x factor or at least get to the judges good luck to you thumbsup.gif

Thanks original.gif
I'm going for The Voice in a month and trying to find the perfect song, actually EXACTLY a month from yesterday if I'm not mistaken shocked.gif It's tough trying to find that one song that you're really confident about for an audition.

Does anyone know how you do auditions for The Voice? I'd assume that for the first audition it would be acapella like Idol's for time's sake and then if you make it to the televised round of auditions then they add the music/audience like we saw this season, right?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Idolfan695
post Jul 13th 2011, 9:28 PM
Post #23

QUOTE(aifanatic100 @ Jul 13th 2011, 1:31 PM) *

Thanks original.gif
I'm going for The Voice in a month and trying to find the perfect song, actually EXACTLY a month from yesterday if I'm not mistaken shocked.gif It's tough trying to find that one song that you're really confident about for an audition.

Does anyone know how you do auditions for The Voice? I'd assume that for the first audition it would be acapella like Idol's for time's sake and then if you make it to the televised round of auditions then they add the music/audience like we saw this season, right?

i think so yeah...

--------------------
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Jul 14th 2011, 12:55 AM
Post #24

QUOTE(Idolfan695 @ Jul 13th 2011, 10:28 PM) *

i think so yeah...

Alright, I figured that would be the case, but I wasn't positive

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
hayden98
post Jul 19th 2011, 3:53 PM
Post #25

QUOTE(aifanatic100 @ Jul 13th 2011, 2:31 PM) *

"Get Ready" as in the one they use a lot in Hollywood for Idol? The "Get Ready cause here I come" one? haha.gif I'll give it a shot yes.gif I've been looking for songs to cover for my channel cuz I haven't posted a new video in awhile, but I haven't decided on anything yet
Thanks original.gif

yep that's the "Get Ready" yes.gif

--------------------
RIP Simone Battle

Hollywood Contestants Thread
Big Brother 16: Nicole, Victoria, Donny, Hayden, Jocasta, Amber, Brittany, Paola
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Jul 22nd 2011, 10:20 AM
Post #26

Just wanted to say, you have a good voice. Like KatherineKat suggested, I wholly agree with. You have gr8 potential voice wise. Just need a bit more work on mastering it.

I would add that well you seem personable on the 2 vids I watched, there are a lot of gr8 voices out there, do you become even more personable and outgoing in holding rooms and in front of the auditions?

--------------------
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Jul 23rd 2011, 1:07 AM
Post #27

QUOTE(druth8x @ Jul 22nd 2011, 11:20 AM) *

Just wanted to say, you have a good voice. Like KatherineKat suggested, I wholly agree with. You have gr8 potential voice wise. Just need a bit more work on mastering it.

I would add that well you seem personable on the 2 vids I watched, there are a lot of gr8 voices out there, do you become even more personable and outgoing in holding rooms and in front of the auditions?

Thanks for the feedback! grin.gif

Honestly, I've only been to one big audition (Idol) and I didn't get the opportunity to be personable in the audition because it is SO fast paced in the beginning round. But I definitely get what you're saying, you have to have personality, which is something that I have to work on putting out there more. yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
hayden98
post Jul 26th 2011, 7:05 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(aifanatic100 @ Jul 23rd 2011, 2:07 AM) *

Thanks for the feedback! grin.gif

Honestly, I've only been to one big audition (Idol) and I didn't get the opportunity to be personable in the audition because it is SO fast paced in the beginning round. But I definitely get what you're saying, you have to have personality, which is something that I have to work on putting out there more. yes.gif

someone who auditioned for Idol (don't know what season, but I think her name was Timika) was as bland as could be, but I totally understand what you are talking about

I think that I'll audition myself when I'm like 20, or so, originally I was planning on doing it right away, but I think nerves would get to me even though I practice singing a lot, and I imagine singing for the judges, and I don't have a problem then. I am certain that I'll crack under pressure if I only wait 3 years (my birthday is after auditions start so I have to wait 3), I know I want to audition at some point though.

another thing that makes me really nervous is confidence, I am honestly not sure if my voice is up to par for even hollywood depending on what song I sing.

--------------------
RIP Simone Battle

Big Brother 16: Nicole, Victoria, Donny, Hayden, Jocasta, Amber, Brittany, Paola
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Jul 27th 2011, 12:17 AM
Post #29

QUOTE(hayden98 @ Jul 26th 2011, 8:05 PM) *

someone who auditioned for Idol (don't know what season, but I think her name was Timika) was as bland as could be, but I totally understand what you are talking about
I think that I'll audition myself when I'm like 20, or so, originally I was planning on doing it right away, but I think nerves would get to me even though I practice singing a lot, and I imagine singing for the judges, and I don't have a problem then. I am certain that I'll crack under pressure if I only wait 3 years (my birthday is after auditions start so I have to wait 3), I know I want to audition at some point though.
another thing that makes me really nervous is confidence, I am honestly not sure if my voice is up to par for even hollywood depending on what song I sing.

Yeah! I think Tamika was season 1...but I thought she had quite the personality haha.gif

That's cool grin.gif It's definitely a great experience yes.gif But not NEARLY as glorified in the first round as you'd expect. The cattle call audition is a lot of waiting and it's fun, but it sucks when you wait SO LONG and then get cut haha.gif I was honestly surprised at some of the stuff from the auditions.

And yeah, I totally get the nerves thing. The good thing about Idol auditions is that you audition in front of a couple different people before you hit the celebrity judges, so you get plenty of preparation yes.gif

I really wish I knew how The Voice auditions worked unsure.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
hayden98
post Jul 29th 2011, 10:02 PM
Post #30

QUOTE(aifanatic100 @ Jul 27th 2011, 1:17 AM) *

Yeah! I think Tamika was season 1...but I thought she had quite the personality haha.gif

That's cool grin.gif It's definitely a great experience yes.gif But not NEARLY as glorified in the first round as you'd expect. The cattle call audition is a lot of waiting and it's fun, but it sucks when you wait SO LONG and then get cut haha.gif I was honestly surprised at some of the stuff from the auditions.

And yeah, I totally get the nerves thing. The good thing about Idol auditions is that you audition in front of a couple different people before you hit the celebrity judges, so you get plenty of preparation yes.gif

I really wish I knew how The Voice auditions worked unsure.gif

I remember looking at Tamika's group recaps, she should join the judges panel, that would be hilarious to see, I think the one I'm talking about's name is actually spelled Timika, I think there is a youtube video that shows her audition (I am certain it was somewhere between 4, and 6, but IDK for sure since I didn't see them live), she didn't show any personality at all until the end where after being rejected she flipped the camera off in anger at being cut, she didn't rage about it other than that though

This post has been edited by hayden98: Jul 29th 2011, 10:03 PM

--------------------
RIP Simone Battle

+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Sep 10th 2011, 9:46 PM
Post #31

Some newer covers that are on my channel:

"Say It Back" by Jackie Tohn:

"Break Up Song" by Jes Hudak:

"Zombie" by The Pretty Reckless:

"Someone Like You" by Adele:

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Jan 2nd 2012, 1:28 PM
Post #32

New Videos! grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
hayden98
post Jan 14th 2012, 3:59 PM
Post #33

Before I Cheat was really good. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
RIP Simone Battle

+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Jan 15th 2012, 12:15 AM
Post #34

QUOTE(hayden98 @ Jan 14th 2012, 3:59 PM) *

Before I Cheat was really good. thumbsup.gif

w00t.gif Thanks Hayden! grin.gif

Didn't expect to see a reply to this so your comment on that just made me really happy! haha.gif

BTW, I have been asking around in a few different places and trying to get some replies...I want to do a Broadway song on my YouTube channel sometime soon. I love musical theatre, but I can't decide on a song. Anyone have any requests/suggestions? grin.gif

Until then, here's my latest video. It's a cover of "Skin" by Alexz Johnson from Instant Star.

This post has been edited by aifanatic100: Jan 15th 2012, 2:40 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Jan 31st 2012, 6:11 PM
Post #35

BTW, two new videos! Both Kelly Clarkson covers!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
katharinekatkat
post Feb 6th 2012, 1:11 PM
Post #36

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AI 10: Haley Reinhart

Hey, I know I'm late on this, but I figured I would give some feedback. grin.gif huggy.gif

You've improved drastically from when I first saw you already. I'm sure the fact that the quality of the recordings have improved helps, but I can also definitely hear some important improvements/differences now.

Things You Do Well:

1. Support Your Tone - You're very good at this. You consistently have the same tone whether you go higher or lower etc.

2. Breath Control - I feel as though you are very good at this. Your notes are always very "sure of themselves". If you don't know what I mean by that, compare Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood. Taylor's notes aren't "sure" while Carrie's are. When Taylor hits a note, the listener isn't sure that she'll be able to hit it or not.....when Carrie hits a note there is never a doubt that she is hitting it because the breath support is there.

3. Pitch - For the most part, when you hit a note, your pitch is perfect. There are, however, little moments in between big notes that go off a little bit.

Things to improve on:

1. Tone - Although supporting your tone is one of your strengths, I feel as though a singer should be able to adapt different tones for different types of songs or even for different parts in a song, which is something you don't seem to do. This goes hand-in-hand with the different emotions that flow throughout a song. Some parts require more breathy/airy vocals while some parts require solid "full" notes. I don't know if you remember on American Idol last year when Jimmy Irvine was trying to explain this concept to Scotty. They wanted him to sing breathier for one of his performances but he kept "going all the way there" with his vocals (those were the terms they used). All in all, try being more artistic with your vocals and not always "sound the same" for every note...you have to follow the emotions in a song.

2. Vibrato - I feel as though your vibrato sometimes comes in at weird times. Usually, singers hold their notes flat until the last few bars of the notes where the vibrato kicks in. Others constantly have vibrato all the time on every note. You are kind've in-between. laughing.gif I think the style of singing that you do would be more suitable to the first option. Hold your notes flat and then add a little bit of vibrato at the end to show control in your vocals. Note: You do this well already sometimes...just try being more consistent with it. original.gif

3. Falsetto? - Haven't heard too much of it from you...have you challenged yourself to a song like Apologize or any The Script song? This is an EXTREMELY important tool in any male's vocals...it adds texture and it would help with issue #1 above. tongue.gif

4. Note endings: I don't know if you've noticed, but a lot of your note end with a little bit of a "dip". What I mean by that is that you hold a note and at the very end of it you sorta "drop". Try ending notes on the same note! bleh.gif Softy add vibrato to the end of the note and then end the note. It is very unpleasant for the listener to constantly hear singers drop their notes. (Sorry if you don't get what I mean, it's hard to explain. tongue.gif )

5. Stuffy - Your voice sometimes sounds stuffy...almost like Carrie Underwood where it almost seems like the voice is too "full". Add some air!! laughing.gif A good exercise for this is to lean forward....make a "ah" noise and shake your head from side to side. It loosens your jaw, your tongue and your throat muscles. The natural sound comes out...and the "stuffiness" goes away. original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Feb 7th 2012, 6:34 PM
Post #37

QUOTE(katharinekatkat @ Feb 6th 2012, 1:11 PM) *

Hey, I know I'm late on this, but I figured I would give some feedback. grin.gif huggy.gif

You've improved drastically from when I first saw you already. I'm sure the fact that the quality of the recordings have improved helps, but I can also definitely hear some important improvements/differences now.

Things You Do Well:

1. Support Your Tone - You're very good at this. You consistently have the same tone whether you go higher or lower etc.

2. Breath Control - I feel as though you are very good at this. Your notes are always very "sure of themselves". If you don't know what I mean by that, compare Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood. Taylor's notes aren't "sure" while Carrie's are. When Taylor hits a note, the listener isn't sure that she'll be able to hit it or not.....when Carrie hits a note there is never a doubt that she is hitting it because the breath support is there.

3. Pitch - For the most part, when you hit a note, your pitch is perfect. There are, however, little moments in between big notes that go off a little bit.
Things to improve on:

1. Tone - Although supporting your tone is one of your strengths, I feel as though a singer should be able to adapt different tones for different types of songs or even for different parts in a song, which is something you don't seem to do. This goes hand-in-hand with the different emotions that flow throughout a song. Some parts require more breathy/airy vocals while some parts require solid "full" notes. I don't know if you remember on American Idol last year when Jimmy Irvine was trying to explain this concept to Scotty. They wanted him to sing breathier for one of his performances but he kept "going all the way there" with his vocals (those were the terms they used). All in all, try being more artistic with your vocals and not always "sound the same" for every note...you have to follow the emotions in a song.

2. Vibrato - I feel as though your vibrato sometimes comes in at weird times. Usually, singers hold their notes flat until the last few bars of the notes where the vibrato kicks in. Others constantly have vibrato all the time on every note. You are kind've in-between. laughing.gif I think the style of singing that you do would be more suitable to the first option. Hold your notes flat and then add a little bit of vibrato at the end to show control in your vocals. Note: You do this well already sometimes...just try being more consistent with it. original.gif

3. Falsetto? - Haven't heard too much of it from you...have you challenged yourself to a song like Apologize or any The Script song? This is an EXTREMELY important tool in any male's vocals...it adds texture and it would help with issue #1 above. tongue.gif

4. Note endings: I don't know if you've noticed, but a lot of your note end with a little bit of a "dip". What I mean by that is that you hold a note and at the very end of it you sorta "drop". Try ending notes on the same note! bleh.gif Softy add vibrato to the end of the note and then end the note. It is very unpleasant for the listener to constantly hear singers drop their notes. (Sorry if you don't get what I mean, it's hard to explain. tongue.gif )

5. Stuffy - Your voice sometimes sounds stuffy...almost like Carrie Underwood where it almost seems like the voice is too "full". Add some air!! laughing.gif A good exercise for this is to lean forward....make a "ah" noise and shake your head from side to side. It loosens your jaw, your tongue and your throat muscles. The natural sound comes out...and the "stuffiness" goes away. original.gif

Thanks for the feedback! w00t.gif

Every single one of your points to work on were completely understandable to me yes.gif

Tone is something that I have to work on for sure and I think a part of that issue is that I haven't had any kind of training in any kind of contemporary music, I just sing what I know and it's often pretty note to note. Something I definitely need to improve on, I just haven't done it yet haha.gif

Thanks for the tips on vibrato! I haven't quite mastered the art of vibrato yet, it just kind of comes in and goes at random moments (like you mentioned).

Falsetto....I was kind of scared when I saw that on here because mine is AWFUL. lmao.gif It sucks, but it's true sad.gif It's very airy and not very strong. At times, depending on the note, I can make it sound semi-decent, but it's not usually very good. no.gif

The "drop" comments were 100% clear to me!!!! shocked.gif I completely know what you're referring to and I've been catching them while listening back to recordings yes.gif I am going to be working on trying to cut those out soon. An example of this is at the end of the background ("big") note after "In the end" on "Stronger" right? Did that make sense? If not then I can post a timecode or whatever for it. I think the end of that note dipped for a millisecond and it's something that I do quite often.

As for the stuffy tone, I've noticed that as well. I think it might have something to do with singing "in my throat" too. I noticed recently while listening to some Broadway recordings that Broadway performers have a very forward sounding tone and I tried to do that sort of a sound on a showtune and I thought the quality sounded better. I tend to let it sink back in my throat/mouth and that is also partly responsible I think for the stuffiness.

Thanks again for both the compliments and the critiques, and I'm glad to hear that I seem to have improved since the first time that you heard me! w00t.gif I'll get to work on those things that you mentioned! happy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
katharinekatkat
post Feb 8th 2012, 11:54 PM
Post #38

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AI 10: Haley Reinhart

QUOTE(aifanatic100 @ Feb 7th 2012, 6:34 PM) *

Thanks for the feedback! w00t.gif

Every single one of your points to work on were completely understandable to me yes.gif

Tone is something that I have to work on for sure and I think a part of that issue is that I haven't had any kind of training in any kind of contemporary music, I just sing what I know and it's often pretty note to note. Something I definitely need to improve on, I just haven't done it yet haha.gif

Thanks for the tips on vibrato! I haven't quite mastered the art of vibrato yet, it just kind of comes in and goes at random moments (like you mentioned).

Falsetto....I was kind of scared when I saw that on here because mine is AWFUL. lmao.gif It sucks, but it's true sad.gif It's very airy and not very strong. At times, depending on the note, I can make it sound semi-decent, but it's not usually very good. no.gif

The "drop" comments were 100% clear to me!!!! shocked.gif I completely know what you're referring to and I've been catching them while listening back to recordings yes.gif I am going to be working on trying to cut those out soon. An example of this is at the end of the background ("big") note after "In the end" on "Stronger" right? Did that make sense? If not then I can post a timecode or whatever for it. I think the end of that note dipped for a millisecond and it's something that I do quite often.

As for the stuffy tone, I've noticed that as well. I think it might have something to do with singing "in my throat" too. I noticed recently while listening to some Broadway recordings that Broadway performers have a very forward sounding tone and I tried to do that sort of a sound on a showtune and I thought the quality sounded better. I tend to let it sink back in my throat/mouth and that is also partly responsible I think for the stuffiness.

Thanks again for both the compliments and the critiques, and I'm glad to hear that I seem to have improved since the first time that you heard me! w00t.gif I'll get to work on those things that you mentioned! happy.gif

Cool! w00t.gif Great to see how receptive you are being. Give that "tension" exercise a try...it'll help you a lot...I know it helped me a great deal (and I still use it from time to time). happy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Feb 19th 2012, 10:32 PM
Post #39

People say that my voice is more suited for Classical style music, and here is my first video showing a side of myself more in that direction! It's a Broadway song, but it's major power ballad, so it's a bit more classical than anything else I've done on YouTube haha.gif Ignore the awkwardness in the musical breaks because this wasn't a theatre performance, just a last minute thing I prepared for a variety show thing yes.gif Let me know what you think of the vocal though! w00t.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Mar 21st 2012, 8:20 PM
Post #40

Bump! bounce.gif I noticed I was off the page so I wanted to be back so people could see it if they stop in yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 22nd 2014, 10:28 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol