Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

1255 Pages V « < 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Off Topic Thread
Lizziemat
post Feb 5th 2016, 2:43 PM
Post #24641

Group: Members

http://abc11.com/news/person-posing-as-sco...m-fans/1188505/

I saw this on Twitter that someone is posing as Scotty in an attempt to scam people....

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 5th 2016, 2:43 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

buttons66
post Feb 5th 2016, 2:59 PM
Post #24642

QUOTE(Lizziemat @ Feb 5th 2016, 2:43 PM) *

http://abc11.com/news/person-posing-as-sco...m-fans/1188505/

I saw this on Twitter that someone is posing as Scotty in an attempt to scam people....

....just beyond comprehension..hope they get the person involved!

--------------------
+Quote Post
sinycalone
post Feb 5th 2016, 4:13 PM
Post #24643

Group: NX Subscribers

I seem to recall reading that that the FCC requires radio stations to do a certain number of public-service/charity related events to keep their licenses each year?

Does anyone know if this is true...or my fantasy?

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

BEACON THEATER, NEW YORK
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
tfortexas
post Feb 8th 2016, 2:40 PM
Post #24644

QUOTE(sinycalone @ Feb 5th 2016, 3:13 PM) *

I seem to recall reading that that the FCC requires radio stations to do a certain number of public-service/charity related events to keep their licenses each year?

Does anyone know if this is true...or my fantasy?

I believe you are correct. Once a year the local station promos that and what they have done.

Is Scotty also rid of Interscope? Who is responsible for marketing Scotty to labels? Can't an artist put a single on itunes without a label?

This post has been edited by tfortexas: Feb 8th 2016, 2:44 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Craig Bennett
post Feb 8th 2016, 3:14 PM
Post #24645

I know it isn't in Mediabase Top 30 (and may never be) since they are not considered mainstream country anymore after being dropped by their label, but I love Whiskey On My Breath by Love and Theft. WCOS 103.7 out of Charlotte plays it often now. They released it in early 2015, so maybe it will still gain some traction across other stations soon. Anybody else hearing this nice song?

--------------------
+Quote Post
sinycalone
post Feb 8th 2016, 3:24 PM
Post #24646

I think Scotty is still under contract to Interscope.

The record companies have promotion/publicity departments that I would assume have sections dedicated to their artists. I'm assuming Mercury Nashville has 2 low-end interns for their artist promotion efforts.

I have not heard that song by Love and Theft on my local station (WXTU-Philly)...but then they seem to play the same 10-15 artists over and over.

--------------------

BEACON THEATER, NEW YORK
+Quote Post
flgrandma43
post Feb 8th 2016, 3:40 PM
Post #24647

QUOTE(Craig Bennett @ Feb 8th 2016, 2:14 PM) *

I know it isn't in Mediabase Top 30 (and may never be) since they are not considered mainstream country anymore after being dropped by their label, but I love Whiskey On My Breath by Love and Theft. WCOS 103.7 out of Charlotte plays it often now. They released it in early 2015, so maybe it will still gain some traction across other stations soon. Anybody else hearing this nice song?

I am not particularly a fan of Love & Theft, but I like this song a lot. I hear it ever so often on our local radio stations. I, also, would like to see it gain some traction and move up the charts.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ptebwwong
post Feb 8th 2016, 5:40 PM
Post #24648

Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery
Fav. AI15: Trent Harmon

QUOTE(tfortexas @ Feb 8th 2016, 2:40 PM) *

Is Scotty also rid of Interscope? Who is responsible for marketing Scotty to labels? Can't an artist put a single on itunes without a label?

The Billboard article that reported Scotty being dropped & has Scotty's quotes about it says he was dropped from Mercury/Interscope. Here's the link:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ido...t-american-idol

He's still on the following Interscope roster on their website, but it could be that they haven't updated it yet.

http://www.interscope.com/

As far as I know, I've heard artists get record deals different ways. Sometimes a label calls the artist or your people & basically comes to you. I don't know if it's considered the best case scenario, but it is usually a good way to figure out quickly if an artist has interest from labels. Also, it's usually the method if the artist has had success & a track record that labels want. Sometimes an artist will basically have to "start over again." That means have a demo single available to bring to labels, interested industry people, etc. Basically, you're selling yourself & the music to the labels. There are times also it's "who you know in the industry." Artists can be helped from having a good relationship with big-wigs at a label. Sometimes these big-wigs used to work for your previous label & moved to another label, but still likes the artist. Sometimes your management can help you. IMO the 1st option is usually what artists want to go through to get a new label.

A single/album can be released without a label on iTunes. For example, The Swon Brothers recently were dropped from Sony. They self-released their whole new EP. However, I've not really heard many artists release a single to radio without a label. I think that might be tough.

This post has been edited by ptebwwong: Feb 8th 2016, 6:03 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
tfortexas
post Feb 8th 2016, 6:14 PM
Post #24649

QUOTE(ptebwwong @ Feb 8th 2016, 4:40 PM) *

The Billboard article that reported Scotty being dropped & has Scotty's quotes about it says he was dropped from Mercury/Interscope. Here's the link:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ido...t-american-idol
He's still on the following Interscope roster on their website, but it could be that they haven't updated it yet.

http://www.interscope.com/
As far as I know, I've heard artists get record deals different ways. Sometimes a label calls the artist or your people & basically comes to you. I don't know if it's considered the best case scenario, but it is usually a good way to figure out quickly if an artist has interest from labels. Also, it's usually the method if the artist has had success & a track record that labels want. Sometimes an artist will basically have to "start over again." That means have a demo single available to bring to labels, interested industry people, etc. Basically, you're selling yourself & the music to the labels. There are times also it's "who you know in the industry." Artists can be helped from having a good relationship with big-wigs at a label. Sometimes these big-wigs used to work for your previous label & moved to another label, but still likes the artist. Sometimes your management can help you. IMO the 1st option is usually what artists want to go through to get a new label.

A single/album can be released without a label on iTunes. For example, The Swon Brothers recently were dropped from Sony. They self-released their whole new EP. However, I've not really heard many artists release a single to radio without a label. I think that might be tough.

Thanks. If Interscope is taking any money from Scotty, I hope they dropped him also, unless they are actually DOING something for him.

--------------------
+Quote Post
drdeb
post Feb 8th 2016, 6:57 PM
Post #24650

Scotty has parted ways with both UMGNashville and Interscope. He remains with 19E ... As Packman indicated, ALL of this works together for the good thumbsup.gif . . . And let's remember this key sentence and all that it implies: And yes there is a new single ready for the new label to come. whistling.gif

This post has been edited by drdeb: Feb 8th 2016, 7:03 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
tfortexas
post Feb 8th 2016, 8:00 PM
Post #24651

Wayyyyyy off topic. I just heard a commercial that stated a real truism and was so funny. They said "having grandchildren is having free tech support". In my family tech support is a responsibility of my grandchildren. haha.gif thumbsup.gif haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
sinycalone
post Feb 8th 2016, 9:00 PM
Post #24652

Just read on Twitter that the 2016 Farmborough Festival that was to be held in June on Randall's Island, NYC was cancelled. No real details. It was the 2nd annual festival...and had a huge lineup. Very strange.

--------------------

BEACON THEATER, NEW YORK
+Quote Post
GrandmaDot
post Feb 9th 2016, 10:03 PM
Post #24653

This was posted by QDR and has been retweeted by Ashley and Trent. Looks like really good news!

947 QDR ‏@947_QDR 3h3 hours ago
You fought. They listened! #FightForTheFarm @FightForTheFarm @TheFarmConcerts

IPB Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
TorySC
post Feb 9th 2016, 10:24 PM
Post #24654

QUOTE(GrandmaDot @ Feb 9th 2016, 10:03 PM) *

This was posted by QDR and has been retweeted by Ashley and Trent. Looks like really good news!

947 QDR ‏@947_QDR 3h3 hours ago
You fought. They listened! #FightForTheFarm @FightForTheFarm @TheFarmConcerts

IPB Image

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mary_beaton
post Feb 10th 2016, 12:53 PM
Post #24655

Trent posted this message on FB. It looks really promising for The Farm and all those affected by the CSX attempted land grab.

Trent Lassiter
4 hrs Selma, NC

Fight For The Farm Update, 2/10:

This thing isn't 100% over but I think we're as close as we're going to get to 100% anytime soon. We've spoken with SEVERAL officials from the top of the top all the way down and everyone is assuring us that it's not happening here anymore. With the letter that we posted last night to a landowner, along with the assurance from several people, we are feeling very confident that this fight is over. We can't say that 100% until we hear the official word from CSX but from what we've learned about them, that may never happen.

Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since CSX knocked on our door. The vast majority of our work was done in the first 2 weeks of this fight. We had lots of phone calls and face to face meetings during those 2 weeks. I just want to say thanks to everyone who took their time to meet with us and help get us to where we are now. Some of these people have spoken out and others haven't said a word on social media but they did quite a bit behind the scenes for our fight and we thank all of you.

To the over 9,100 people (wow) who have liked our Fight For The Farm Facebook page, ya'll are awesome! Public opinion was our only option to help turn this thing around and that would've never happened without the hundreds of shares and posts on social media. I've heard from people not only from around NC but from all over the United States! This just shows the power that social media has in the world we live in today.

Our community has grown closer now than we've ever been. When I say our community, I don't mean just the landowners that were being displaced but the 3-5 mile radius around us. We've all stuck together and it's pretty cool to see what a bunch of "country folks" can do when they work together.

You've heard the expression, you never know what you have until it's gone. Well I learned how true that is these last few weeks. On the morning of January 14th, I thought I was losing my whole life. The house where I grew up, my family farm, my business (The Farm), and potentially the other business I'm involved in (Springhill Outfitters).....all taken from us. I've always loved this area that I call home (that's why I started this fight) but the love and appreciation I have for this area now is more than ever!

To our friends, family, community, Facebook followers, politicians, and other supporters all around the country who have helped us fight.....THANK YOU! ‪#‎FightForTheFarm‬

--------------------
+Quote Post
flgrandma43
post Feb 10th 2016, 1:15 PM
Post #24656

So happy to read this message from Trent. It is so nice of him to post this....classy. Hopefully, everything has been taken care of and it is 100% over!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
WarEagleGram
post Feb 10th 2016, 1:30 PM
Post #24657

Fav. Scotty McCreery

QUOTE(flgrandma43 @ Feb 10th 2016, 12:15 PM) *

So happy to read this message from Trent. It is so nice of him to post this....classy. Hopefully, everything has been taken care of and it is 100% over!!

Ditto thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Idolizer24
post Feb 10th 2016, 3:43 PM
Post #24658

Fav. AI7: David Cook

QUOTE(flgrandma43 @ Feb 10th 2016, 1:15 PM) *

thumbup.gif I like the sound of that. grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
sinycalone
post Feb 10th 2016, 3:55 PM
Post #24659

I'm glad that it appears that the landowners won this battle..

I think it helped a lot that Trent is social-media savvy -- and that QDR pitched into to make the struggle public.

--------------------

BEACON THEATER, NEW YORK
+Quote Post
ARgran23
post Feb 10th 2016, 4:34 PM
Post #24660

QUOTE(sinycalone @ Feb 10th 2016, 2:55 PM) *

I'm glad that it appears that the landowners won this battle..

I think it helped a lot that Trent is social-media savvy -- and the QDR pitched into to make the struggle public.

Oh, I hope so! I know several of us shared a lot of the reports on our Facebook accounts. I have followed this from the beginning, and have felt so bad for all of those involved. And I won't even get into how I feel about Eminent Domain. devil.gif mad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

1255 Pages V « < 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: May 5th 2016, 4:57 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol