Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

205 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The official college student thread...
Alexandria
post Sep 5th 2008, 10:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI5: Taylor Hicks
Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. Melinda,Blake,Phil,Chris

Here is a place for college students to discuss roomate issues, their school's cafeteria, the dorms, clubs ect. Anything and everything college!

I guess I'll start...
I have transferred to a new school this semester. I am a commuter now and I'm on campus four days a week. I'm extremely shy and haven't really met anyone yet. I don't drive either at the moment (should be getting it on the 24th!) so I can't go and hang out on campus or anything like that. I'm pretty much the opposite of the majority of the students on campus because the campus is a big party school so even if I did hang out with them, I'd probably not have anything in common because I don't do that. So I don't know what to do about making friends. I feel so lonely walking around campus by myself. noexpression.gif

--------------------
Adam Lambert for AI8
IPB Image
Credit: Jwood379 (Jenn!)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Sep 5th 2008, 10:24 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

TotalTayFan
post Sep 5th 2008, 10:36 PM
Post #2

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI8: Matt Giraud

Yay college students!

I am currently bored out of my mind, along with the rest of the campus, because there is absolutely nothing to do here. At all. And it sucks. Unless I wanted to go to an off campus party (my school has a dry campus), but that's not my scene. I've made friends (I'm a freshman this year, btw), but my group of friends is forming factions, and it's awkward, cause one of my roommates is in one faction and the other roommate is in a different faction (I have two roommates), and yeah. It makes for a weird situation. Not really a fan. But I like college for the most part. SO much better than high school!

--------------------
IPB Image
AI8: MATT GIRAUD Thanks Raphy23 for the set! (Secrets Hurt Someone)
+Quote Post
bice_rawks
post Sep 5th 2008, 10:47 PM
Post #3

Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry
Fav. AI6: Blake Lewis
Fav. AI11: Phil, Colton & Joshua

I'm in college too! bye1.gif

I'm sort of a junior but I'm not really sure laughing.gif ...but yeah, I do like it much better than high school, even though I do miss HS every once in a while, but mainly the people.

I cried for the first 3 or 4 months after graduation. I got so attached to my classmates but now I don't really miss it. I do miss some of the folks I hung out with but other than that...not much really. I have gotten in touch with a few HS folks, which has been nice seeing as I haven't seen/talked to most of 'em since graduation 2 years ago.

--------------------
RIP Laura | Langone = Love
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
fellow BHB fangirl | LVES: Daughtry Ballas Hough Lysacek Bublé
+Quote Post
Splendid88
post Sep 6th 2008, 2:20 AM
Post #4

Fav. AJ: Tori Thompson
Fav. AI3: Diana DeGarmo
Fav. TV Show: Degrassi

I'm a Soph and an RA. stuart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Alyssa
post Sep 6th 2008, 8:18 AM
Post #5

I love school. I just changed my major (to Special Education) and I love my new classes. I'm on staff at school as an exec board member in RHA (Residence Hall Association), and I absolutely love it (this is my second year on staff). There is never a dull moment - I am constantly moving. My friend and I are the co co-chairs of a committee that is rewriting the dining contract for the entire school, and all these big wigs are asking for our opinions and using them... it's crazy. And I'm on also an exec board member on NRHH (National Residence Hall Honorary), so that's fun. Plus I got work study this year, and my hall from last year (best hall ever) hired me as a desk receptionist so I get to spend my time between the student center, classes, my own residence hall, and this residence hall. It's great.

I love school, have I mentioned that? haha.gif

This post has been edited by Alyssa: Sep 6th 2008, 8:19 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
~AngelBabi~
post Sep 6th 2008, 9:30 AM
Post #6

Fav. CI3: Melissa O'Neil
Fav. Show: One Tree Hill ♥

I'm a freshman and my frist weekend and week were horrible I basically syayed in my room the entire time except for classes because I was so upset about moving away from home. I haven't really made any friends which really sucks and there was an insident at the school on Tuesday which has now got me scared to walk around the school alone at night.

--------------------
IPB Image
05/12/08 RIP Courtney ♥ Thanks istersay for the set
+Quote Post
**JennyGearFan**
post Sep 6th 2008, 10:11 AM
Post #7

Group: Blend Artists

I don't like college so far. fear.gif I'm probably just not use to the whole 'college' thing yet. pinch.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Annie
post Sep 6th 2008, 10:23 AM
Post #8

Dwight you ignorant slut!

Fav. AI7: David Cook

I love college. I hate my roommates boyfriend who is currently in my room and in bed with my roommate and it's awkward as hell.

--------------------
+Quote Post
carkey188
post Sep 6th 2008, 10:50 AM
Post #9

Fav. SYTYCD 8: Marko Germar

I love college/university too! grin.gif

I'm living in a suite style residence with some friends from last year and its amazing. We all get a single room within that which I love, and my classes have been awesome. I'm so excited to finally be taking the classes that I want to take. heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Julesb2183
post Sep 6th 2008, 11:10 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(**JennyGearFan** @ Sep 6th 2008, 11:11 AM) *

I don't like college so far. fear.gif I'm probably just not use to the whole 'college' thing yet. pinch.gif

It's hard to get used to.

--------------------
+Quote Post
cLaYcRaZy919
post Sep 6th 2008, 11:44 AM
Post #11

I love college! I'm a freshman this year. grin.gif

I love the independence and meeting new people! I do not like the whole homework thing, though. haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Niki
post Sep 6th 2008, 12:32 PM
Post #12

Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Alex Preston

I just started classes on Wednesday. I'm technically a Junior cuz I went to Community College first but the school considers me a Freshmen cuz I'm new and I live with them and such. happy.gif I get along with my roommates for the most part but they have more in common so sometimes I feel like a third wheel but my best buddy Tom goes to school here too so thats helped a lOT. The food is good enough.. but the breakfast isn't too great. I do miss homecooked meals though. The first couple nights I couldn't sleep, the beds are hard and so high up but I'm kinda getting used to it.

I was doing great the first few days cuz they kept us busy with activities, but Thurs I cried a TON cuz it was my bf and my 5 months and he came over but my roommates wouldn't leave so we got no alone time to do anything. crying.gif And then it hit me that I missed my family so they came up to visit last night.

I like most my classes but my logics teacher is psycho and says you're dumb if you don't agree with him. pinch.gif

OMG the freshman orientation I went to was sooo interesting, lmao. I walked in and had all these kids screaming in my face. roll2.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
AI13: KING ALEX! SAM.Jess.Jena.Caleb.Emily.
TV6: Christina.Morgan.Megan.Clarissa.Madilyn.Bria.
BB: Nicole.Donny.Hayden.Zach.Brittany.Victoria.// MChef: Elizabeth.

+Quote Post
Alexandria
post Sep 6th 2008, 1:30 PM
Post #13

Fav. AI5: Taylor Hicks
Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. Melinda,Blake,Phil,Chris

QUOTE(Niki @ Sep 6th 2008, 1:32 PM) *

I just started classes on Wednesday. I'm technically a Junior cuz I went to Community College first but the school considers me a Freshmen cuz I'm new and I live with them and such. happy.gif I get along with my roommates for the most part but they have more in common so sometimes I feel like a third wheel but my best buddy Tom goes to school here too so thats helped a lOT. The food is good enough.. but the breakfast isn't too great. I do miss homecooked meals though. The first couple nights I couldn't sleep, the beds are hard and so high up but I'm kinda getting used to it.

I was doing great the first few days cuz they kept us busy with activities, but Thurs I cried a TON cuz it was my bf and my 5 months and he came over but my roommates wouldn't leave so we got no alone time to do anything. crying.gif And then it hit me that I missed my family so they came up to visit last night.

I like most my classes but my logics teacher is psycho and says you're dumb if you don't agree with him. pinch.gif

OMG the freshman orientation I went to was sooo interesting, lmao. I walked in and had all these kids screaming in my face. roll2.gif

I was one of the orientation leaders two years ago and we did that to the new freshman too. haha.gif That class was lucky though. My class had ours in the gym so it was way scarier and nosier than outside like they got it. lol! I miss my old school so much. I loved it there. I hate my new school so far. My classes aren't to bad but I hate the people. crying.gif

This post has been edited by Alexandria: Sep 6th 2008, 1:31 PM

--------------------
Adam Lambert for AI8
IPB Image
Credit: Jwood379 (Jenn!)
+Quote Post
noclue07
post Sep 6th 2008, 1:36 PM
Post #14

Fav. AI6: Gina Glocksen
Fav. AI5: Melissa McGhee
Fav. OzI4: Damien Leith

I am a sophomore, transferred to a new school this semester and its a lot closer to home so i know a lot of people from my school even have some friends who go here but i rather make my own friends. Hasn't been working out so far, it sucks being a transfer because other then classes there really isnt much of a way to meet people. I live in a upper class building and its like an apartment complex so people don't care to talk. ITs only been 2 weeks hopefully it gets better. It just sucks to think at my old school I had a lot of friends and now its completely different.

--------------------
Meeshy // Blend - Amanda // Avvie
IPB Image
Idol Faves: Carly, Brooke, David Cook Jason, Ramiele
+Quote Post
Musicbaby123
post Sep 6th 2008, 1:54 PM
Post #15

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI10: Lauren Alaina
Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez

bye1.gif i'm a sophomore. i'm transferring to a different college in the summer because mine sucks. kiss.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
DiAnAmItE4LiFe
post Sep 6th 2008, 3:05 PM
Post #16

Fav. AI7: Michael Johns
Fav. AI8: Matt Giraud
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart

QUOTE(bice_rawks @ Sep 5th 2008, 11:47 PM) *

I'm in college too! bye1.gif

I'm sort of a junior but I'm not really sure laughing.gif ...but yeah, I do like it much better than high school, even though I do miss HS every once in a while, but mainly the people.

I cried for the first 3 or 4 months after graduation. I got so attached to my classmates but now I don't really miss it. I do miss some of the folks I hung out with but other than that...not much really. I have gotten in touch with a few HS folks, which has been nice seeing as I haven't seen/talked to most of 'em since graduation 2 years ago.

ph34rwave.gif

QUOTE(Julesb2183 @ Sep 6th 2008, 12:10 PM) *

Yeah.

crying.gif

--------------------
Nothing's gonna change my world... || Rest In Peace, Michael Johns
+Quote Post
Starry_Night
post Sep 6th 2008, 3:24 PM
Post #17

Fav. CI5: Carly Rae Jepsen
Fav. Band: Coldplay

I'm in my 3rd year and already it's crazy.
They always change classrooms and it's annoying.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
*Laci
post Sep 6th 2008, 3:29 PM
Post #18

Fav. AI7: Michael Johns

This thread FTW college freshman here! w00twave.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
It's all wrong, but it's all right.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
let it be
post Sep 6th 2008, 3:52 PM
Post #19

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI3: Diana DeGarmo

I'm a sophomore. Classes are going alright although my accounting class is going to be pretty tough. I love living in a suite though with 5 other girls and we all hang out in the common room and watch TV and stuff, it's fun.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
**JennyGearFan**
post Sep 6th 2008, 8:14 PM
Post #20

Group: Blend Artists

QUOTE(Julesb2183 @ Sep 6th 2008, 11:10 AM) *

sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

205 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Sep 30th 2014, 11:03 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol