Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V  1 2 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Allison with black hair, What do the Alliholics think?
My Name Is Jonas
post Jan 18th 2011, 8:19 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. AI8: Allison Iraheta

original.gif

This post has been edited by My Name Is Jonas: Jan 18th 2011, 8:20 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 18th 2011, 8:19 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

My Name Is Jonas
post Jan 18th 2011, 8:22 AM
Post #2

http://yfrog.com/gymuerkj

shifty.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
AllisonUK
post Jan 18th 2011, 8:51 AM
Post #3

As a rocker black hair with some purple is fine by me- more of a hard rock look I guess...

Interesting tweets though-- v. strong personality which may put some companies off. She's kinda doing the Pink thing before she's established herself.. risky ...

You cant really moan at someone just expressing themselves though.. although I do worry about where her head is at the minute.
\For instance I guess she could have done the image change in a controlled way around the launch of some new music- say a single. It would have helped with promo. Doing it in the back of a car, with a quick snap and a funny face ummmm it is Allison but not sure it helps her career much....

--------------------
The sky will never look the same again - till you show me how it could be.
+Quote Post
Photon
post Jan 18th 2011, 10:07 AM
Post #4

I don't think it means a hill of beans what color her hair is. People who know her will get used to it. She does look good in that photo. People who don't know her will like it because she looks good. People change hair color all the time. All she needs is a new photoshoot where she looks great in black hair and doubters will jump on board. It's really about the music. I'm looking forward to the all new push and new music when it comes. I think ultimately the Music trumps all. If people get a chance to hear it and like the music it will sell. Bring it on Allison.

I worry that not enough time has gone by to put together a new album so I'm not expecting new music any time soon. Looking forward to whatever she has to announce in Feb.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
AllisonUK
post Jan 18th 2011, 11:13 AM
Post #5

I hope Feb wasnt just about the hair change! obviously she is working on a few musical things, but there doesnt seem much- a day in a studio, a meet with a song writer, some stuff with Ori.
Not sure the hair change tweet shows much sign of her signing for someone soon i.e a planned/stable year- probably the reverse i.e. personal defiance, going alone.

I hope things work out soon.

--------------------
The sky will never look the same again - till you show me how it could be.
+Quote Post
Burritosbite
post Jan 18th 2011, 12:09 PM
Post #6

its not like she didn't warn us of a hair change..there was that interview with those two girls, where they asked her about how she'd like to change it and she said black on top and red underneath so thats whats she's done...I'm fine with it..it gives her a bit more personal freedom and yes makes her more mainstream from an image point of view ..do rock chicks do bright red?? No!....just you wait and see in a couple of years time Rhianna and all those people jumping on the rehead bandwagon now, will be doing it black and we'll be saying "Allison did it before you! bleh.gif " I do like the Allison, we have now..the "sexy, ferocious and talented" version..I hope she keeps it like that (for now) and dosn't go overboard with the sexy ( she can do that later maybe...) or the ferociousness/rebelling.. and I'm really looking forward to seeing what we get come Feb sorcerer.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
LookToTheStarz
post Jan 18th 2011, 12:35 PM
Post #7

Its gunna take a bit for the new hair to grow on me. But I have always wondered what Allison would look like with black hair, and if I had to choose a different colour for Allison it would have been black. Plus she did keep some colour in it which makes me happy

And I cant wait to see what else she has in store for us in February! grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
tkdsoulkat
post Jan 18th 2011, 3:17 PM
Post #8

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

I like it thumbsup.gif sure there red was great too, but change is good. Very excited for other things she has in store.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LulaSan
post Jan 18th 2011, 6:25 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Photon @ Jan 18th 2011, 10:07 AM) *

I don't think it means a hill of beans what color her hair is. People who know her will get used to it. She does look good in that photo. People who don't know her will like it because she looks good. People change hair color all the time. All she needs is a new photoshoot where she looks great in black hair and doubters will jump on board. It's really about the music. I'm looking forward to the all new push and new music when it comes. I think ultimately the Music trumps all. If people get a chance to hear it and like the music it will sell. Bring it on Allison.

I worry that not enough time has gone by to put together a new album so I'm not expecting new music any time soon. Looking forward to whatever she has to announce in Feb.

THIS 100%.

Obviously it's not just about the hair, she said it herself that the hair is just one of the many changes.

Don't expect a full album any time soon, but you can expect some news in terms of record labels, it's only January, she could have an album out by late summer and getting there is just part of the fun. Not to mention she could easily have a single a lot earlier than that.

As for her defiance, she was with a record label that forced her to be what they wanted, she was a good sport about it and played it their way and when their plan didn't work, they dropped her before the album was even 1 year old. It is completely reasonable that she will be defiant, and isn't that the rock n roll attitude we all love in our rockers anyway? For all we know, she already has a very clear plan, with a record label who is letting her do things her way, hence why she feels comfortable telling us all these things. She's obviously recording and working hard on new music and there is obviously something coming in February, other than the hair because she did the hair already, but there's a reason why it was originally scheduled for Feb, must have been coupled with something else, some sort of announcement.

As for the hair color, I like it. It's good to change, perhaps she's sick of people calling her 'the red haired girl from Idol'. I LOVE the red, but black with color is a great look for her too, more mature, edgier and more rock-oriented. Now lets just wait for some awesome photo shoot showcasing her new hair and we'll see then.

This post has been edited by LulaSan: Jan 18th 2011, 6:28 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
irinaidu
post Jan 18th 2011, 6:46 PM
Post #10

as to the color, i am with the " who cares " team. a person can have many hair styles in their life.

but i am worried about the defiant attitude. because it works for some people and it doesn't for others. i really hope allie knows what she's doing.

--------------------
I need a drink, a man, or a massage. Or a drunken massage by a man
+Quote Post
LulaSan
post Jan 18th 2011, 6:50 PM
Post #11

Oh, she's thanking everyone left and right for supporting her, she's only pissed at Jive tongue.gif I think she's always been a rebel, but she wasn't allowed to be herself before. Just think, as soon as she turned 18, she moved out, got a tattoo and her nose and belly button pierced, she was dying for some freedom.

If being defiant means she gets to do what she wants, even if it's with a smaller indie label, but she's happy about what she's doing, then more power to her. Through her time with Jive, she bit her tongue, played nice, wore the silly outfits they wanted her to wear, recorded the music they wanted her to record and sort of catered to the audience they forced her into but she wasn't happy.

This one is for Burrito, Red heads in rock:

IPB Image

tongue.gif

and of course...

IPB Image

This post has been edited by LulaSan: Jan 18th 2011, 7:05 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Jan 18th 2011, 7:04 PM
Post #12

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI5: Kellie Pickler
Fav. Fav. AI7: Carly Smithson

The black hair is good for her. I love the red more, but the black will grow on me once I see some HQ photoshoot shots of it yes.gif
Like a bunch of people have said, it is more rock than the red. I'm hoping that she announces a label deal next month! I'd love to hear that she signed with a credible, mainly rock, label. Like UMG or Fueled by Ramen or something like that. I want some straight rock music from her, the way she wants to do it grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Jan 18th 2011, 7:31 PM
Post #13

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(LulaSan @ Jan 18th 2011, 6:25 PM) *

THIS 100%.

Obviously it's not just about the hair, she said it herself that the hair is just one of the many changes.

Don't expect a full album any time soon, but you can expect some news in terms of record labels, it's only January, she could have an album out by late summer and getting there is just part of the fun. Not to mention she could easily have a single a lot earlier than that.

As for her defiance, she was with a record label that forced her to be what they wanted, she was a good sport about it and played it their way and when their plan didn't work, they dropped her before the album was even 1 year old. It is completely reasonable that she will be defiant, and isn't that the rock n roll attitude we all love in our rockers anyway? For all we know, she already has a very clear plan, with a record label who is letting her do things her way, hence why she feels comfortable telling us all these things. She's obviously recording and working hard on new music and there is obviously something coming in February, other than the hair because she did the hair already, but there's a reason why it was originally scheduled for Feb, must have been coupled with something else, some sort of announcement.

As for the hair color, I like it. It's good to change, perhaps she's sick of people calling her 'the red haired girl from Idol'. I LOVE the red, but black with color is a great look for her too, more mature, edgier and more rock-oriented. Now lets just wait for some awesome photo shoot showcasing her new hair and we'll see then.

Agreed thumbsup.gif Can't wait to see what else she has for us yes.gif wub.gif Loving the new color thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Burritosbite
post Jan 19th 2011, 12:04 AM
Post #14

QUOTE(LulaSan @ Jan 18th 2011, 11:50 PM) *

This one is for Burrito, Red heads in rock:

and of course...

IPB Image

who's that?...nice to see some redheads, but I was thinking Allisons red was a bit TOO red for rock..the black is def more rock friendly laughing.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Psych
post Jan 19th 2011, 5:56 AM
Post #15

QUOTE(Burritosbite @ Jan 19th 2011, 3:04 PM) *
who's that?

I SERIOUSLY HOPE THAT THIS IS A SARCASTIC QUESTION. noexpression.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
LulaSan
post Jan 19th 2011, 7:20 AM
Post #16

Probably not, we old geezers don't always know what you kids are listening to.

Burrito, that's Hayley Whatever her last name is from Paramore and she has been REALLY red too:

IPB Image

But now she's just another pop artist on Top40 radio.

I agree though that red heads are really hard to come by in heavy rock music, the black suits that genre better.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LemonDrop29
post Jan 19th 2011, 3:59 PM
Post #17

Doesn't Rihanna have red hair now too? I thought I saw a clip of her with red hair.

I'm not sure how I feel about the black just yet, it'll grow on me.

--------------------
if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Jan 19th 2011, 4:56 PM
Post #18

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI5: Kellie Pickler
Fav. Fav. AI7: Carly Smithson

QUOTE(LemonDrop29 @ Jan 19th 2011, 3:59 PM) *

Doesn't Rihanna have red hair now too? I thought I saw a clip of her with red hair.

I'm not sure how I feel about the black just yet, it'll grow on me.

Yup! Rihanna's got it now too.

As for Hayley Williams, she's an amazing singer and Paramore is a great rock band, and she's experimented with her hair color a lot. But like someone saiid, Paramore isn't that heavy. They are definitely top 40 type stuff yes.gif I like them a lot though original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LulaSan
post Jan 19th 2011, 9:23 PM
Post #19

Maybe Allison got tired of people copying her style stuart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Burritosbite
post Jan 20th 2011, 7:03 AM
Post #20

haha...now we have seen the look live...are we all ok with it for real? Me...totally yes, she's buzzing and looking fab wub.gif

This post has been edited by Burritosbite: Jan 20th 2011, 7:03 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Sep 30th 2014, 12:57 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol