Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

458 Pages V « < 99 100 101 102 103 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Home of the "This and That" news/info/etc.
sealuv
post Feb 25th 2012, 12:21 PM
Post #2001

Group: Members

QUOTE(bebeg @ Feb 25th 2012, 6:25 AM) *

You're post won't be pulled...that's what this thread is for -- non Adam stuff.
I don't think they should remove the F-words. This was filmed in schools where kids hear and say the word. There's nothing shocking about it to those kids. The MPAA is ridiculous for giving it an R rating. The very people who are meant to see it now can't because of the rating. I hope Weinstein fights this as hard as he can.

Anderson Cooper did a special about this film and there is no doubt this needs to be seen by every kid and parent and school administrator.

my point was ....if bleeping the f-words (of which the kids already know exactly what is being bleeped...they are not stupid) can bring the film into the schools.....then mission has been accomplished......on the other hand, if Weinstein can change the ruling...more power to him. Main thing here, though, is the showing of the film in schools....if that means bleeping the words...so be it.

--------------------
2015 IS GONNA BE ..... NUTS...MAC..'ADAM'..IA NUTS!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 25th 2012, 12:21 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

SueB
post Feb 25th 2012, 2:19 PM
Post #2002

Could they screen it for kids who got signed permission slips from their parents to view it? R doesn't mean kids under 17 can't see it, it just means they have to be accompanied by a parent or guardian, which you might be able to get around by using a permission slip.

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
donnamb
post Feb 26th 2012, 12:56 PM
Post #2003

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

I hadn't realized Pharell Williams is one of the musical consultants for the Oscars tonight. Should be interesting.

--------------------
+Quote Post
barb4Adam
post Feb 27th 2012, 6:34 PM
Post #2004

Shots Fired: Seth Rogen Criticizes Chris Brown, the Grammys

This weekend, Seth Rogen joined the growing ranks of Chris Brown critics.
Hosting the Independent Spirit Awards on Saturday (Feb. 25), the comedian was certainly riskier than Billy Crystal at last night's Oscars, the award show Rogen compared to the Grammys telecast two weeks ago.

An Open Letter to Rihanna: It's Time to Talk That Talk
http://www.billboard.com/news/features/an-...006219752.story

"You say a few hateful things, they don't let you within a few hundred yards of the Oscars........., "You can literally beat the crap out of a nominee and they'll ask you to perform twice at the Grammys," he said, referring to -- but of course -- Chris Brown. Watch Rogen's opening speech below (with Brown disses coming 5:30 into the speech).

Rogen's joke doesn't reflect an uncommon reaction to what appeared to be the Grammys' open-armed celebration of Brown, just three years after he violently beat then-girlfriend Rihanna. Last week, however, Rihanna showed that she has forgiven her former abuser, collaborating with him on two remixes. Over the weekend, Rih took to Twitter to single out a fan who criticized her decision to collaborate with Brown again. Neither Chris Brown nor Rihanna have acknowledged Rogen's diss via their preferred communication channel, their respective Twitter accounts.

http://www.billboard.com/news/shots-fired-...006293152.story

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 27th 2012, 6:56 PM
Post #2005

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

QUOTE(barb4Adam @ Feb 27th 2012, 6:34 PM) *

Shots Fired: Seth Rogen Criticizes Chris Brown, the Grammys

This weekend, Seth Rogen joined the growing ranks of Chris Brown critics.
Hosting the Independent Spirit Awards on Saturday (Feb. 25), the comedian was certainly riskier than Billy Crystal at last night's Oscars, the award show Rogen compared to the Grammys telecast two weeks ago.

An Open Letter to Rihanna: It's Time to Talk That Talk
http://www.billboard.com/news/features/an-...006219752.story

"You say a few hateful things, they don't let you within a few hundred yards of the Oscars........., "You can literally beat the crap out of a nominee and they'll ask you to perform twice at the Grammys," he said, referring to -- but of course -- Chris Brown. Watch Rogen's opening speech below (with Brown disses coming 5:30 into the speech).

Rogen's joke doesn't reflect an uncommon reaction to what appeared to be the Grammys' open-armed celebration of Brown, just three years after he violently beat then-girlfriend Rihanna. Last week, however, Rihanna showed that she has forgiven her former abuser, collaborating with him on two remixes. Over the weekend, Rih took to Twitter to single out a fan who criticized her decision to collaborate with Brown again. Neither Chris Brown nor Rihanna have acknowledged Rogen's diss via their preferred communication channel, their respective Twitter accounts.

http://www.billboard.com/news/shots-fired-...006293152.story

Hmmmm, I knew that there was a reason that I liked Seth Rogen (other than being Canadian too, of course! haha.gif ).

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Feb 28th 2012, 5:49 PM
Post #2006

Fav. Steven Tyler

Is anyone watching The Voice????

Adam has a GREAT team by far. I think one of his singers will win again this year. Tons of talent there.

Blake has the second best group.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Feb 28th 2012, 6:16 PM
Post #2007

QUOTE(Silvia @ Feb 28th 2012, 5:49 PM) *

Is anyone watching The Voice????

Adam has a GREAT team by far. I think one of his singers will win again this year. Tons of talent there.

Blake has the second best group.

There is a lot of talent this season. I'm impressed with the variety on each team.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Feb 28th 2012, 7:03 PM
Post #2008

Fav. Steven Tyler

QUOTE(bebeg @ Feb 28th 2012, 6:16 PM) *

There is a lot of talent this season. I'm impressed with the variety on each team.

ITA. Christina and Ceelo also have a few strong contestants.

Lots of talents there and exciting ones too. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
inverse
post Feb 28th 2012, 10:16 PM
Post #2009

only one i'm rooting for on The Voice is the sandwich guy (think his name is Jaime). was actually impressed with his Johnny Cash cover.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Mar 3rd 2012, 4:18 PM
Post #2010

WOW....and I used to be a FAN of this guy? ermm.gif

http://www.justjared.com/2012/03/03/kirk-c...nd-destructive/

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Mar 3rd 2012, 4:23 PM
Post #2011

Fav. Steven Tyler

QUOTE(Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ Mar 3rd 2012, 4:18 PM) *

WOW....and I used to be a FAN of this guy? ermm.gif

http://www.justjared.com/2012/03/03/kirk-c...nd-destructive/

Another day, another assshole bigot. It's amazing that in this day and age, homosexuals are the one group that many ppl still feel they have a right to deride, oppress and basically deny its existence and human rights. bloated.gif

We really don't have any real dangers and worries in the world anymore. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Silvia: Mar 3rd 2012, 4:37 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Mar 3rd 2012, 4:35 PM
Post #2012

QUOTE(Silvia @ Mar 3rd 2012, 4:23 PM) *

Another day, another assshole bigot. It's amazing that in this day and age, homosexuals are the one group that many ppl still feel they have a right to deride, oppress and basically deny it's existence and human rights. bloated.gif

We really don't have any real dangers and worries in the world anymore. rolleyes.gif

I read that, and I was like, REALLY? We don't live in the 1980's any more, when homosexuality was frowned upon. Can't believe I used to be a fan of this guy.

GLAAD is slamming him for it, though. And rightfully so.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/03/glaad-kirk-cameron/

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Mar 3rd 2012, 5:12 PM
Post #2013

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Frasku Kirk Cameron is Completely Insane (and gets owned by intelligent girl) http://forsatan.com/kirk-cameron-completel...telligent-girl/

Scroll down! She is GREAT!!!!! Score one for the blondes!

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Mar 3rd 2012, 5:25 PM
Post #2014

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Mar 3rd 2012, 5:12 PM) *

Frasku Kirk Cameron is Completely Insane (and gets owned by intelligent girl) http://forsatan.com/kirk-cameron-completel...telligent-girl/

Scroll down! She is GREAT!!!!! Score one for the blondes!

YES!!! You tell him!

grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Mar 3rd 2012, 6:36 PM
Post #2015

Fav. Steven Tyler

KC like 99% of the most fanatic homophobes is most likely a repressed/closeted homosexual. Women who are fanatic homophobes are most likely married to one/had their hearts broken by one.

TAKE THAT TO THE BANK!!!! huh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Mar 3rd 2012, 6:54 PM
Post #2016

This stuff with Kirk Cameron doesn't surprise me. He's been living an extremely religious life since he was in his late teens. He's very hardcore with his beliefs.

--------------------
+Quote Post
fangurl1964
post Mar 3rd 2012, 7:05 PM
Post #2017

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(Doriangrey @ Feb 25th 2012, 1:12 AM) *
http://www.5min.com/Video/Bully----Trailer-No-1-517276439

Piers Morgan interviewed Harvey Weinstein, this movie cannot be shown in schools because it has an R rating the F-bomb is said 6 times. This post will probably be pulled because it has nothing to do with Adam, but until these actions are addressed cruel, taunting behavior will continue.

IPB Image

I hope this gets worked out so they can show it in schools. Bullying is a horrible thing and stays with a person for the rest of their lives - it is always a shadow in the background (and sometimes front and center). I was bullied for years, then as an adult, I was bullied by a supervisor too. It is everywhere, unfortunately.

--------------------
Lambskank #541

~ Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad. ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

+Quote Post
bebeg
post Mar 3rd 2012, 7:28 PM
Post #2018

Tonight AFER is doing a live stream of the play "8". It's a play about the Proposition 8 trials with a cast of big names - Clooney, Pitt, Sheen and many more. Here's a link to the youtube channel that will air it with a little video with Rob Reiner explaining it much better than I can.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AmericanEqualR...s?feature=watch

--------------------
+Quote Post
Doriangrey
post Mar 3rd 2012, 7:56 PM
Post #2019

QUOTE(bebeg @ Mar 3rd 2012, 4:28 PM) *

Tonight AFER is doing a live stream of the play "8". It's a play about the Proposition 8 trials with a cast of big names - Clooney, Pitt, Sheen and many more. Here's a link to the youtube channel that will air it with a little video with Rob Reiner explaining it much better than I can.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AmericanEqualR...s?feature=watch

Thanks bebeq, this play starts at 7:45 pst http://www.youtube.com/user/AmericanEqualR...d?v=qlUG8F9uVgM

--------------------
The Floating World ukiyo referring to a conception of an evanescent world, impermanent, fleeting beauty and a realm of entertainments divorced from the responsibilities of the mundane, everyday world.
+Quote Post
Doriangrey
post Mar 3rd 2012, 8:06 PM
Post #2020

IPB Image
Sorry it's only George and Brad, they be in the live cast of the play "8" soon on youtube.

--------------------
The Floating World ukiyo referring to a conception of an evanescent world, impermanent, fleeting beauty and a realm of entertainments divorced from the responsibilities of the mundane, everyday world.
+Quote Post

458 Pages V « < 99 100 101 102 103 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 25th 2014, 5:54 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol