Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V  1 2 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thia needs to get signed, How can we help her out as fans?
vanessa_valley
post Apr 9th 2011, 2:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. AI10: Karen, Pia, Casey, Thia

This news about Pia supposedly getting signed under Interscope after just a few days of getting eliminated has got me thinking about Thia's chances. I really think she's got huge potential especially how the way the music industry is doing today--teen singers (like Bieber, Selena, Demi, Miley), and singer-songwriters (Adele, Duffy, etc.) are both types of musicians that are doing very well. Thia is young and pretty, and she's got mad artistic chops, she can even play the piano and the guitar, she can also write songs. I know she's no country singer, but I can definitely see her getting the same following as Taylor Swift, who's young therefore marketable, has a nice recording voice, and is a fine songwriter. The big difference is, Thia sounds great live.

I know a recording contract might not come as fast as Pia's and I think that her performance skills will only get better after the tour (thank goodness she made the tour) but I definitely see it coming to her in a year at the latest. Now what can we do to help her out?

1. we need to show up and show her support during the tour

2. we can send out and sign petition saying that we want her to get a record deal and that we'll buy her album and send it to record labels. Fans of Daughtry and I believe Alex Lambert (who I think is coming out with an album soon) did this in the past.

3. We might need to start bugging her about her music. Twitter, fansites, snail mails, emails, we need to let her know that she can do it and that we're behind her. I personally think she should take advantage of this Idol buzz while she still has it. I know she's young but she should at least try sending out demos to important people while she's waiting for the tour.

Guys, what do you think? original.gif

This post has been edited by vanessa_valley: Apr 9th 2011, 2:47 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Keeper of Pia Toscano's eyeglasses!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Apr 9th 2011, 2:46 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

PurpleSoda
post Apr 9th 2011, 10:47 PM
Post #2

Fav. Show : South Park, Conan

Update regarding the rumor about Pia getting signed:

Toscano’s rep tells us that chatter about a done deal is “all rumor,” but E! News has learned that while a record contract hasn’t been signed just yet, Interscope does want to produce a single with Toscano and release it while American Idol is still on.

19 Management has yet to approve this, however.

Once 19 Management figures out their marketing plan for Toscano, though, Interscope Records exec Jimmy Iovine wants to get her in the studio to record a single asap, according to an Idol insider.

19 Management, based on tradition, only allow ousted Idols to release anything before the eventual winner, if they were signed to 19 management themselves.

I do agree that Thia needs to be encouraged, and the fans should show support by banging the doors of media, labels etc... But, the only reason Pia and Interscope are even talking with each other is because Interscope, thru Jimmy Lovine, was allowed this year to negotiate with ousted Idols even with the existence of their Idol contracts. Other labels do not have the same privilege.

What Thia needs to do is figure out what she wants. She basically needs to finish her commitments to AI before she can do anything major. Therefore, she has to do GREAT on tour, MAXIMIZE the use of networking sites like Twitter, Myspace and Facebook. GRANT every frickin interview. EDUCATE herself. Not just school, but she should learn about the industry (didn't know Chaplin? geez), learn about stage performance, personality, etc. WHen someone is well aware and well read, interviews will be interesting. Interesting people get noticed. And of course, Thia should surround herself with PROFESSIONALS to help her career. If the song choices she made during AI are any indication, the girl is not getting good advices. Just saying.

As for the fans. WRITE, WRITE, WRITE. Write THIA fan mails. AI is keeping tab. They will Thia has followers and potential to tap the vapid young market. A lot of fan mails means a lot of fans.

Also write media outlets. Request for interviews, appearances. TV shows, magazines, radio stations, etc.
Heck, write Disney. It needs a new star. And our little princess fits the bill to a T.

This post has been edited by PurpleSoda: Apr 11th 2011, 10:33 AM

--------------------
I ♥ Mi Dulce Hermanita MARISOL |Taylor, Chris, Jason, David * AI 5, 7 & 11 ♥♥♥
IPB Image
+Quote Post
lilylambert89
post Apr 10th 2011, 1:19 AM
Post #3

keep watching her videos, shows, interviews so we can raise the views
make plans to cheer her on tour or any event she's in (if you attend)

--------------------
+Quote Post
vanessa_valley
post Apr 10th 2011, 1:24 AM
Post #4

I agree, Disney is really perfect for her. Even Nickelodeon, just take that iCarly girl. original.gif I also think her friend Jasmine Villegas could be of great help for her. She doesn't necessarily have to be helping her out in terms of giving her projects but even just letting her come with her and meet the producers or managers or writers in the industry would benefit Thia immensely.

ITA with letting even just the show know that Thia has many fans by sending her fanmails and bombarding 19 with emails to let them know that a considerable size of Thia fans exist on the planet.

This post has been edited by vanessa_valley: Apr 10th 2011, 1:28 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
**nath2**
post Apr 10th 2011, 1:28 AM
Post #5

Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez
Fav. Fav Bank: Coldplay

she should sing some of her original song on tour... that would be a plus point...

--------------------
+Quote Post
lilylambert89
post Apr 10th 2011, 1:30 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(vanessa_valley @ Apr 10th 2011, 1:24 PM) *

bombarding 19 with emails to let them know that a considerable size of Thia fans exist on the planet

haha.gif love "bombarding" haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
**nath2**
post Apr 10th 2011, 1:32 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(vanessa_valley @ Apr 10th 2011, 1:24 AM) *

I agree, Disney is really perfect for her. Even Nickelodeon, just take that iCarly girl. original.gif I also think her friend Jasmine Villegas could be of great help for her. She doesn't necessarily have to be helping her out in terms of giving her projects but even just letting her come with her and meet the producers or managers or writers in the industry would benefit Thia immensely.

yup.. that would be a great help... and also CHARICE? i think its not a bad idea... they are friends actually.

--------------------
+Quote Post
vanessa_valley
post Apr 10th 2011, 1:39 AM
Post #8

QUOTE(**nath2** @ Apr 9th 2011, 11:28 PM) *

she should sing some of her original song on tour... that would be a plus point...

I agree.

Guys, I think this is the perfect time to bug her about her music on Twitter and Facebook. She's pretty much just taking a break in the next few weeks or until they start rehearsing for the finale. W'all should start doing our fantard magic.

What I'd like to know is if she has any contact person whom we can send our emails to, I know her AI mailing address is still open but I hope she has other access so we know she's receiving our mails. I remember during S5 Katharine McPhee's mother Peisha (who is now a voice coach in S10) was our direct contact to Katharine and she would directly send out Kat's messages back to the fans. It went on for a while but the show had to stop it because it supposedly was not fair to some of the Idols (I don't know how it was).. But anyway, y'all know what I'm talking about.

I also would also like to know if Thia has a big official/unofficial fansite, complete with forum? The blogspot site is nice but it only updates us with news on Thia; we don't have a way to interact with her other fans like the way do here. I don't know if she visits this site at all.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
vanessa_valley
post Apr 10th 2011, 2:40 AM
Post #9

Okay, so Thia just said to watch out for her album THIS YEAR! w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Arlie
post Apr 10th 2011, 2:54 AM
Post #10

yayyyyyyyyy! wub.gif

--------------------
The passion and the pain
Are gonna keep you alive someday
+Quote Post
**nath2**
post Apr 10th 2011, 3:03 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(vanessa_valley @ Apr 10th 2011, 2:40 AM) *

Okay, so Thia just said to watch out for her album THIS YEAR! w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif

wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
*Diana
post Apr 10th 2011, 3:04 AM
Post #12

original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
May 19, 2009 - March 20, 2015
+Quote Post
arynity
post Apr 10th 2011, 5:24 AM
Post #13

I agree, but album is still far. Even Pia Toscano didn't get album yet, only single first.

But she can get promising musical project such as maybe singing some disney OST (like Lea Salonga)

Now I really want American Idol is over (I don't care again about the winner) so I can get more update about her again

--------------------
+Quote Post
Carrie
post Apr 10th 2011, 3:40 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(vanessa_valley @ Apr 10th 2011, 3:40 AM) *

can you give me the link? is she signed?

--------------------
+Quote Post
vanessa_valley
post Apr 10th 2011, 9:04 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(Carrie @ Apr 10th 2011, 1:40 PM) *

can you give me the link? is she signed?

She just said it during the chat. original.gif She didn't say if she's been signed already but she said to watch out for her album by the end of the year. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
jazzfan08
post May 15th 2011, 1:40 AM
Post #16

I certainly hope she releases her own album in the near future. She has such an absolutely captivating beautiful voice, it'd be a shame to waste that kind of talent. I became a fan of hers even though I'm from Australia after watching her Chasing Pavements performance in Regis and Kelly. Her voice sounds so similar to Adele, it's scary lol. I also enjoyed some of her pre Idol songs, and a few of her AI performances (Daniel being my favourite performance of hers). I love her when she's singing all out and being natural and confident instead of how she sometimes seemed shy and nervous/quiet in AI.

--------------------
+Quote Post
#jeah
post May 30th 2011, 12:41 PM
Post #17

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Elise Testone

I hope she gets signed, I could see her putting out some really good music.

--------------------
formerly aag1010 | R.I.P. Michael Johns
+Quote Post
sglove
post Jun 1st 2011, 7:13 AM
Post #18

QUOTE(aag1010 @ May 30th 2011, 12:41 PM) *

I hope she gets signed, I could see her putting out some really good music.

i think thia is ok with upbeat song we saw her sing in the finale as well as she got the grove ...i hope she can have a break in the idol tour she need more of dancing and happy songs

--------------------
+Quote Post
Carrie
post Jun 2nd 2011, 10:51 AM
Post #19

I think thia can sing anything thrown at her! I could listen to her sing all day and not get tired. What can we all do to get her signed? I feel like if she don't release an album out by early next year she will be forgotten and I don't want that! sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ayen_quin
post Jul 5th 2011, 9:06 PM
Post #20

ph34rwave.gif Im pretty sure Thia will have a contract after the tour! She's still with american idol management thing.
I bet Thia and Stefano out of Idols will be famous #justsayin. I think recording offers were based on twitter followers.. haha .. thumbsup.gif

if I have a millions I would produce a single for Thia and Stefano and will be out on Nov this year!
Strategy! original.gif whistling.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Dec 22nd 2014, 4:12 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol