Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

950 Pages V « < 542 543 544 545 546 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ~~Official~~ General Discussion for Trespassing
Mateja
post Feb 19th 2012, 4:08 PM
Post #10861

Group: Members

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. XF UK: One Direction

I think it's all connected.

Adam is a great live performer, yes. BUT ...

In order for Adam to be able to tour, he needs decent album sales. To sustain album sales over a longer period of time, he needs multiple hit singles. And to have hit singles he needs catchy pop songs that radio PDs will be willing to add and play. Who writes those songs is irrelevant.

Sure, having writing credits on several hits is a great stream of revenue.

But for a song to become a hit, it usually has to be released as a single by a label. Label picks singles from all material that their artist delivers. They picks songs that the label people think have a chance at becoming hits.

If RCA doesn't release any songs co-written by Adam, he won't have a chance at scoring a hit (co-written by him). Sure, even writing credits on album tracks are profitable, but singles are singles.

To conclude, I don't care who writes Adam's singles ... as long as those singles turn into hits. He needs hits to be able to tour and continue working as a major label recording artist. He is still new in the music business and he as no huge back catalog of hits to fall back on like many legendary artists that can tour all the time with no hits in years. The reality is, he needs hits, he needs radio play ...

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 19th 2012, 4:08 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

ohiogal
post Feb 19th 2012, 4:09 PM
Post #10862

QUOTE(bebeg @ Feb 19th 2012, 2:08 PM) *

Do you really believe that Adam is in this or just the money.

Uh...no. I never said anything of the sort.

I'm talking about how singing artists make their money in general, and the benefit of an artist writing their own songs. It's a guaranteed source of cash flow. That's all I'm saying.

Obviously Adam is not in this just for the money. He wouldn't have made some of the decisions he has, if he was.

--------------------
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Feb 19th 2012, 4:34 PM
Post #10863

QUOTE(ohiogal @ Feb 19th 2012, 4:09 PM) *

Uh...no. I never said anything of the sort.

I'm talking about how singing artists make their money in general, and the benefit of an artist writing their own songs. It's a guaranteed source of cash flow. That's all I'm saying.

Obviously Adam is not in this just for the money. He wouldn't have made some of the decisions he has, if he was.

Sorry.... misunderstood what you were saying.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Vivaldi
post Feb 19th 2012, 5:55 PM
Post #10864

Fav. Judge: Paula Abdul

QUOTE(sunrise123 @ Feb 19th 2012, 12:10 PM) *

AND AdamOfficial ARE REPORTING THIS:
BTIKM Is #1 In South Africa And Belarus
Tweet from South African fan:
Josi @josirose
WOOOOOT!!! @adamlambert's BTIKM IS #1 on top40 SAfrican charts this week!!! YAY ADAM!!!! #Take40sa
http://www.take40sa.co.za/vote-now.asp
BTIKM entered the charts in Belarus 6 weeks ago and has been #1 on their Top 20 for the past 5 weeks.
Wait a minute for the Top 20 screen to load.
http://unistar.by/#participate/top20
http://tinyurl.com/7s5szw6

Go rest of the World!!!! yes.gif

PLUS:

Finland: NJR Top 10 currently has BTIKM at #1 (now for two months)!

Hungary: BTIKM rached #1 on Music Daily Chart Top 25 for the sixth time in seven weeks!

Plus many others...go to requestadamlambert.com if you want to know more.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ohiogal
post Feb 19th 2012, 6:52 PM
Post #10865

QUOTE(bebeg @ Feb 19th 2012, 4:34 PM) *

Sorry.... misunderstood what you were saying.

Oh, that's OK! I guess I didn't explain myself very well. My bad! flowers.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
AdamLfan
post Feb 19th 2012, 7:32 PM
Post #10866

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson

QUOTE(Love2Lurk @ Feb 19th 2012, 6:23 AM) *

Agreed !!! As we are seeing the record business is very very political ....as many are. Adam seems to be very well liked by many in the business. To receive ....the spins....the hits....the gigs.....that he deserves.......he needs to play this political game with them. This means including other favored artist/writers songs on his CD. Later....down the road......Adam's songs will be on other artists CD's. It is all a game. IMO.....Adam will play it very well....it just takes time !!!

Agreed! Not only does he have to please the record label, he has to please the fans and the general music audience that listens to the radio. The music industry is a tough tough business.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 19th 2012, 8:24 PM
Post #10867

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

QUOTE(AdamLfan @ Feb 19th 2012, 7:32 PM) *

Agreed! Not only does he have to please the record label, he has to please the fans and the general music audience that listens to the radio. The music industry is a tough tough business.

You got it. Plus, he needs to make sure he's pleased with the product that he puts out. We ALL know how hard he is on himself. sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
blancaflor
post Feb 19th 2012, 8:58 PM
Post #10868

QUOTE(Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ Feb 19th 2012, 8:24 PM) *

You got it. Plus, he needs to make sure he's pleased with the product that he puts out. We ALL know how hard he is on himself. sad.gif

This is probably one of the most true statements. I have never seen someone work as hard as Adam when it comes to his career. He is a perfectionist. And, Adam will not put out any product until he is satisfied with it 110%. That is who he is.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 19th 2012, 9:09 PM
Post #10869

QUOTE(blancaflor @ Feb 19th 2012, 8:58 PM) *

This is probably one of the most true statements. I have never seen someone work as hard as Adam when it comes to his career. He is a perfectionist. And, Adam will not put out any product until he is satisfied with it 110%. That is who he is.

Exactly. And rightly so - no artist should ever have to put out something that they don't believe in.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Crazyadamfan09
post Feb 19th 2012, 10:06 PM
Post #10870

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. Artist: Rihanna

I gotta wonder, have they given up on BTIKM??

I like the fact that they're seeing that the song isn't doing well and they're pushing the album back. It shows that they're paying attention and are determined to get Adam a hit before the album drops (he NEEDS it). If the label didn't care about him, they'd release the album in March with no new single, it'd tank, and they'd drop him in the next few months (they did this with many idols before, David Cook just last year). I think they're really trying to make sure this is a successful era for Adam.

--------------------
+Quote Post
glamberts
post Feb 20th 2012, 12:49 AM
Post #10871

QUOTE(Crazyadamfan09 @ Feb 19th 2012, 10:06 PM) *

I like the fact that they're seeing that the song isn't doing well and they're pushing the album back. It shows that they're paying attention and are determined to get Adam a hit before the album drops (he NEEDS it). If the label didn't care about him, they'd release the album in March with no new single, it'd tank, and they'd drop him in the next few months (they did this with many idols before, David Cook just last year). I think they're really trying to make sure this is a successful era for Adam.

Geez you're a ray of sunshine. I'm never disappointed when I need a gloom fix. Thanks. :

--------------------
Adam and Queen - AWESOME[/size][/b][b][i][font=Arial Black][size=7]
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 20th 2012, 12:57 AM
Post #10872

They didn't drop David Cook though, just saying. wink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Sage
post Feb 20th 2012, 1:29 AM
Post #10873

QUOTE(Crazyadamfan09 @ Feb 19th 2012, 9:06 PM) *

RCA hasn't dropped David Cook last time I checked. He's not cranking out hit singles but he does pretty well playing smaller venues.

I don't think anyone knows what the plan is for BTIKM in the US. Apparently, it's doing okay in some places overseas. Adds for the next two weeks will probably decide its fate. If stations that he visited don't add and start spinning, then I'd say yeah, it's pretty much done in the US.

And to reference Mateja's post, Adam didn't write these songs on his album alone. They were co-written by heavy hitters in the business. BTIKM was written by hitmakers. Adam had not part in writing that song. Since we haven't heard anything else from the album, and from everyone who has heard the songs, BTIKM is one of the songs that sounded nothing like the others. And the acoustic Trespassing apparently sounds nothing like the album version, according to Adam.

Even though I love BTIKM, I was worried when it was picked as the lead single. I understand why Adam did it, to set up the concept of the album. I had always hoped for a barnbuster uptempo that would have blown everyone away but it didn't happen. RCA has done everything they can to line up the best of the best for Adam to work with on this album. Most everything these people (Pharrell, Dr. Luke, Claude Kelly, etc) touch turn to gold for other artists. And despite the differing opinions on BTIKM, there's no reason why it shouldn't have been received better on HAC by now. There's more going on here with radio than meets the eye. And if the second single is not received better, I would hope that people like Pharrell, Dr. Luke, as well as fellow artists and industry people who respect Adam really start speaking up for Adam. Adam can't do it without others accusing him of being whiny but others who have put in a lot of hard work with Adam CAN confront what is obviously going on. I have every confidence this album will be great, not just because of Adam but because of those he has partnered with.

You know, Toby Knapp tweeted something this past week complaining about some tax that could be levied on radio (don't know the details) but he was upset cause it could cause radio to no longer be free. I tweeted him back that it was hard to feel sorry for radio when radio won't play what is requested so much of the time. I didn't bring up Adam so as not to just appear like a disgruntled Glambert, just that I was tired of requesting different songs/artists that radio just refuses to support. But seems as if giving them this kind of feedback never seems to make a difference.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sabine
post Feb 20th 2012, 4:12 AM
Post #10874

Some questions I would love to ask RCA:

Why was BTIKM released at dead time - some days before christmas without any awareness outside Adams fanbase?
Why was not any promo done for around 4 weeks after the release?
Why did they not do some deal with a group like CC?
Why was Adam not in the US for the adds date doing promo there and after that went to Europe?

I like BTIKM and it could have become a decent hit with the right rollout.

Lets hope RCA is awake now. The delay is a good sign for presenting another single - hopefully one that the UK folks were drooling over - and I hope they get their act together. It looks like they won't do what they did with David Cook- let a flopping single wither out and then release the album....

And I would bet good money that we won't hear BTIKM at the NextNowAwards show....

--------------------
+Quote Post
Vivaldi
post Feb 20th 2012, 5:14 AM
Post #10875

I don't know whether Adam's people have given up on BTIKM.

But, certainly, some people have already given up on BTIKM even at the very beginning. Have they requested the radio stations to play the song? Have they voted on the polls so that the song will get played? Have they helped in promoting the song in any other ways? Or are some of them too obsessed with Adam's beauty and/or his private life? IMHO, some Adam fans need to wake up and stop complaining about Adam, his music, (in their opinions) BTIKM not doing well, etc. If they want him to be successful, then try to do something practical to support him.

Sorry. Just my opinion.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Vivaldi
post Feb 20th 2012, 5:22 AM
Post #10876

QUOTE(Sabine @ Feb 20th 2012, 4:12 AM) *

Some questions I would love to ask RCA:

Why was BTIKM released at dead time - some days before christmas without any awareness outside Adams fanbase?
Why was not any promo done for around 4 weeks after the release?
Why did they not do some deal with a group like CC?
Why was Adam not in the US for the adds date doing promo there and after that went to Europe?
I like BTIKM and it could have become a decent hit with the right rollout.

Lets hope RCA is awake now. The delay is a good sign for presenting another single - hopefully one that the UK folks were drooling over - and I hope they get their act together. It looks like they won't do what they did with David Cook- let a flopping single wither out and then release the album....

And I would bet good money that we won't hear BTIKM at the NextNowAwards show....

I don't know people keep on mentioning David Cook here. I like David Cook; but Adam and him are very different, and the reviews of the six tracks on Adam's new album are much much better than the reviews of David's album. Some music peeps in the UK have already said that 'Trespassing' is gonna be the album of 2012.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Mateja
post Feb 20th 2012, 5:26 AM
Post #10877

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. XF UK: One Direction

RCA hasn't dropped David Cook last time I checked. He's not cranking out hit singles but he does pretty well playing smaller venues.

RCA hasn't dropped Cook. YET.

He is writing new material right now. Because both his singles didn't do anything significant, he was not able to tour much. He had a co-headlining tour with Gavin Degraw and did some solo shows, but his touring ended in November. He did a lot less concerts than during last era and the venues were smaller ... and only about half full.

I don't know if labels care that their artist can tour. Labels care about music sales, not touring (unless it's 360 deal). They might give some tour support, but that cash has to be returned.

We will see what happens with Cook. If RCA is keeping him, I presume they are going to push him to make more radio friendly music. That might be his last shot.

--------------------
+Quote Post
bridgette12
post Feb 20th 2012, 5:39 AM
Post #10878

QUOTE(Vivaldi @ Feb 20th 2012, 4:22 AM) *

I don't know people keep on mentioning David Cook here. I like David Cook; but Adam and him are very different, and the reviews of the six tracks on Adam's new album are much much better than the reviews of David's album. Some music peeps in the UK have already said that 'Trespassing' is gonna be the album of 2012.

David Cook's album failed because it was boring and his fanbase disappeared. He was limited to the US and his music wasn't something that people were intersted here or around the world. He's a good singer, just made a boring album.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sabine
post Feb 20th 2012, 6:12 AM
Post #10879

QUOTE(Vivaldi @ Feb 20th 2012, 11:14 AM) *

I don't know whether Adam's people have given up on BTIKM.

But, certainly, some people have already given up on BTIKM even at the very beginning. Have they requested the radio stations to play the song? Have they voted on the polls so that the song will get played? Have they helped in promoting the song in any other ways? Or are some of them too obsessed with Adam's beauty and/or his private life? IMHO, some Adam fans need to wake up and stop complaining about Adam, his music, (in their opinions) BTIKM not doing well, etc. If they want him to be successful, then try to do something practical to support him.

Sorry. Just my opinion.

I am visiting other Adam fansites too and everywhere is support for the single, people are reminded to request, to vote etc. There is an excellent site http://requestadamlambert.com/ with information, instructions for requesting and so on.

Adam fans are buying the single, ordering the album from different shops.

But working the song behind the scenes with radio and making sure that - for the important sophomore album- the release date of the first single is not f***ed up, is RCAs job.

I just brought up Cook because someone used him as an example. Adams album is already getting very good buzz but people have to be aware that it exists. And bringing awareness is usually the job of the single - not to us diehart fans, but to the casual listeners.

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Feb 20th 2012, 9:31 AM
Post #10880

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Maggy_97: 30 second snippet of the Alex Ghenea's remix of #BTIKM will be on Single CD in Germany, out March 16th http://amzn.to/xm0gBi

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post

950 Pages V « < 542 543 544 545 546 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 31st 2014, 11:43 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol