Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

12 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> David singing with the Motab
sirianna
post Nov 2nd 2010, 12:46 AM
Post #21

Group: Members

Okay, I'm gonna give some info here that I hope helps. Two years ago my sister and I waited in the standby line for the Thursday show for almost three hours (starting around 5:15 even though the standby line officially starts at 6:00). The very few of us who got in (could not have been more than 50, if that) literally sat down as the show started. Nobody got in on standby on Friday and Saturday. Sunday there were spots available, which often happens if there is any type of poor weather because Music and the Spoken Word (with mini concert afterwards) is so early.

I actually got tickets last year. It was for the Thursday show too. However, we got stuck in a traffic accident and even though we got in to the Conference Center five minutes before the show started, there were no seats left. We walked across the street and watched in the Tabernacle. We later learned that nobody in the standby line got in on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday and had somebody tell us that they actually gave out more tickets than seats. I had a hard time believing that, but we had people verify that nobody got in on standby and there was a huge group of people with tickets and nowhere to sit. I just hope they didn't do that this year. Anyway, as you can see, it's very possible that nobody from standby will get in this year as well. Now, it is actually quite common for people to walk by the standby line and tell people they have an extra ticket to give out. But, in the years I have done standby I have never had anybody with more than 1 spare ticket. Now, having said that, back in 2006 we stood in line for maybe a half hour (again on a Thursday, which if you haven't figured out is the best day to get in on standby) and than had something very rare happen--a whole group of us actually received official tickets very near the stage and went right in more than an hour before the concert. Those tickets were returned by somebody who chose not to use them (we guessed a Church leader). So, yes there is hope, but honestly, the best chance to get in is really on Sunday, but then it's not the whole program. I'm not sure when standby lines start for Sunday. It's at least 7:00am, but could be earlier.

Hope this helps a bit.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Nov 2nd 2010, 12:46 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

southerngirl82
post Nov 2nd 2010, 7:24 AM
Post #22

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AI10: Paul McDonald
Fav. Teams: Reds, ReAL, Jazz

thanks for posting all that

what little bit of optimism I had left is now gone lol

do you have to attend the whole service thing on sunday or just show up before David does his thing? I'm not lds so I would feel awkward going to a sunday service laughing.gif I have a flight at 12:30 that day so I doubt I would be able to see David anyways

hmm.... maybe a big snowstorm will come through on those days devil.gif haha.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
Sing Out, Sing Out. Things can only get better. Sing Out, Sing Out. We’re bound to make a change.
#MLS4RSL
+Quote Post
blue123
post Nov 2nd 2010, 10:48 AM
Post #23

they gave out more tickets than seats? so ppl who have tickets have to be there much earlier.

--------------------
+Quote Post
sirianna
post Nov 2nd 2010, 11:26 AM
Post #24

Yes, apparently they did give out more tickets than seats lat year. However, we were told they had a new person in charge last year, so it may have been (hopefully) a one-time thing. The person at the ticket office who my sister talked to last week said he hadn't heard that that was happening this year (of course he was fairly new too).

I realize that I have given you very little hope of getting in through standby, but if you want to watch the concert, you can watch it on a big video screen at either the Tabernacle or Assembly Hall on Temple Square like I did last year. There are no individual seats, only wooden benches (the buildings were built in the 1800s). Around 5,000 people can watch that way. The Tabernacle is bigger and probably your best bet. This is where they send people with tickets who don't get in and also those in the standby line who don't get it. Not everybody stays and people come and go throughout as there are always visitors on Temple Square.

As far as Sunday goes, doors open at 8:00 for those with tickets. I don't think the standby line can form any earlier than 6:00 because the doors to Temple Square (where the standby line forms) do not open any earlier than 6:00, I believe. Yes, you would need to be there for the Music and the Spoken Word. Once they do final seating, they won't let anybody else in. But, keep in mind that the program airs from 9:30-10:00 and David will sing in that program (usually 2-3 numbers). The mini concert afterwards is usually only about a half hour (but could be longer depending on the artist) and focuses primarily on songs with the artist. However, the fun thing is that they do a final goodbye and thank you to the artist. President Monson (LDS Church President--who usually attends the Friday concert as well) will probably be there and say something, the Choir will sing "God Be With You 'Till We Meet Again"--a tradition that it does for all of its guest artists, and they will probably present a parting gift to David (usually a huge plaque with a picture from the performance or something like that). It's really cool, but if you have a plane to catch at 10:30 it ain't gonna work. However, that Sunday program will be broadcast nationally (as it is every week) and thus can be watched at home or taped. It airs on NBC here, but could be different elsewhere. It's actually bein inducted into the Radio Music Hall of Fame this week as the longest airing radio program.

The three concerts on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday will not be broadcast live this year. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir has an agreement with PBS and the local station (KUED at the University of Utah) to air each year's Christmas Concert the following year, so this year's concert will debut on PBS next December. It is usually carried by all the PBS stations because it is so popular, but you would have to check this in your area. The Choir has been releasing the concert on DVD for almost ten years now, but since the 2006 concert, they have also been releasing a corresponding CD as well. The DVD and CD have been arriving at Deseret Book in August of the following year, so they will be available before the holidays next year. The DVD is not necessarity from one set day of taping. I believe they tape every concert and use the best footage. Also, there is a closed taping session on Saturday which they will mostly likely use for the vocals on the DVD and CD. Whatever the case, it will be a high quality set to look forward to.

And now my reply is complete.

--------------------
+Quote Post
blue123
post Nov 2nd 2010, 11:33 AM
Post #25

oh the sunday thing sounds really cool. but the goodby thing is not aired so only the ppl who are there during the little after concert will get to see that right?

also, i sure hope they don't mess up the tickets this year. hopefully it was just because they had a new person last year and that this year it'll run smoothly.

This post has been edited by blue123: Nov 2nd 2010, 11:34 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
sirianna
post Nov 2nd 2010, 11:35 AM
Post #26

Yes, only those actually in the Conference Center will see that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
xxnatalalaliee
post Nov 2nd 2010, 1:23 PM
Post #27

Dang it, didn't win. sad.gif oh well. congrats to those that did!

--------------------

"David Archuleta is going to put a smile on your face, I don't care how upset you are." -Kris Allen
+Quote Post
Arch4me
post Nov 2nd 2010, 1:29 PM
Post #28

Fav. AI8: Kris Allen

Yeah, congrats to all who won and will get to see him...I'm sure it will be worth the journey and/or time leaving early to get there in time. flowers.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
blue123
post Nov 10th 2010, 11:31 AM
Post #29

now that most ppl have received their tickets in the mail, i thought i'd see them being scalped but i have not run across a single ticket for sale. i've seen a lot of ppl posting ads saying they need tickets or ppl who want to trade days or trade christmas devotional tickets for the concert tickets but not any for sale.

--------------------
+Quote Post
minione
post Nov 12th 2010, 7:59 PM
Post #30

So I registered twice. I forgot my first registration number and deleted the email on accident. Although I still had my second registration number. When it came time for confirmation, I wasn't granted tickets so I thought for sure my other number would have been declined as well. HAH I was wrong!!! because today I got motab tickets in the mail!!! Needless to say I was shocked haha. One question though , I have tickets for Saturday and I was wondering how early you should get in line. Is it possible to catch a plane super early in the morning (I live in CA) get in around 8 or 9am and get to the show by 12pm or is that too late?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Indigowaves2
post Nov 12th 2010, 10:06 PM
Post #31

QUOTE(minione @ Nov 12th 2010, 6:59 PM) *

So I registered twice. I forgot my first registration number and deleted the email on accident. Although I still had my second registration number. When it came time for confirmation, I wasn't granted tickets so I thought for sure my other number would have been declined as well. HAH I was wrong!!! because today I got motab tickets in the mail!!! Needless to say I was shocked haha. One question though , I have tickets for Saturday and I was wondering how early you should get in line. Is it possible to catch a plane super early in the morning (I live in CA) get in around 8 or 9am and get to the show by 12pm or is that too late?

Congratulations on getting tickets! I think 12pm isn't too late, actually I think it is too early. Either way you will be good yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
blue123
post Nov 12th 2010, 10:20 PM
Post #32

yeah, it's going to be the middle of winter. it'll be too cold to be out there from 12 till the show stars at...i cant remember what time the show starts. maybe you can hang around downtown for a few hours and then go stand in line.

--------------------
+Quote Post
minione
post Nov 14th 2010, 2:40 AM
Post #33

ok cool thanks guys original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
blue123
post Nov 14th 2010, 5:31 PM
Post #34

QUOTE(minione @ Nov 14th 2010, 1:40 AM) *

ok cool thanks guys original.gif

you should fly in fri night instead so you can go to the signing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
dolls17
post Nov 14th 2010, 5:36 PM
Post #35

I already asked someone this question, but I don't remember the answer. Is this gonna be televised?? Like, on PBS or anything?

--------------------
+Quote Post
blue123
post Nov 14th 2010, 11:14 PM
Post #36

QUOTE(dolls17 @ Nov 14th 2010, 4:36 PM) *

I already asked someone this question, but I don't remember the answer. Is this gonna be televised?? Like, on PBS or anything?

i think it will be aired next year on PBS but some of it will be part of music and the spoken word which in UT is televised. i think it's on the radio in most places.

and i saw this at snarkies

SPECIAL SIMULCAST in the Salt Lake Tabernacle (3800), Joseph Smith Memorial Building Legacy Theater (500), North Visitors' Center Theaters (not much).
Thursday, Friday, Saturday. A limited number of complimentary tickets will be available to watch live video of the concert in these locations (limit four tickets per order). Tickets available ONLY at lds.org/events beginning Tuesday, Nov. 16 at 10:00am. Request can be made only through the Internet. No phone option available.

NOTE: Tickets are for the SIMULCAST only.Patrons with these tickets will not be considerd as standbys for seating in the Conference Center. Tickets will be mailed to those receiving them.

There will still be standby line.

This year for the first time, tickets will be needed for the simulcast that occurs in venues surrounding The Conference Center. Tickets will be available for 3 of the performances only, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Registration starts this Tuesday morning. You can request up to 4 tickets per one household address, much like the initial registration. I don't have a link at the moment but hopefully we will have one sometime tomorrow. Registration starts at 10am MST. I do not know if it's random selection or first come, first served.

--------------------
+Quote Post
minione
post Nov 15th 2010, 2:16 AM
Post #37

QUOTE(blue123 @ Nov 14th 2010, 3:31 PM) *

you should fly in fri night instead so you can go to the signing.

I'm thinking about that I just have to see if I can get there on time after work and get overnight accommodations lol

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
UtahArchieAngel
post Nov 16th 2010, 10:24 PM
Post #38

Does anyone know if all of the e-mails have been sent out yet? Both of my parents registered for tickets (my dad used his work address, lol), and neither of them have gotten e-mails, nor received tickets in the mail. I would just have them look up their status, but neither of them wrote down their registration numbers. duh.gif haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
<333
+Quote Post
_mackenzy
post Nov 16th 2010, 10:49 PM
Post #39

congrats to all those who got tickets original.gif

-prays that some nice, generous person would offer me tickets.. ;D- anyone wanna help a mormon out heree? just kidding! original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
08.31.08 || 03.08.09 || 08.14.09 || 06.05.10 -- Set credit to John (:
+Quote Post
blue123
post Nov 16th 2010, 11:55 PM
Post #40

QUOTE(UtahArchieAngel @ Nov 16th 2010, 9:24 PM) *

Does anyone know if all of the e-mails have been sent out yet? Both of my parents registered for tickets (my dad used his work address, lol), and neither of them have gotten e-mails, nor received tickets in the mail. I would just have them look up their status, but neither of them wrote down their registration numbers. duh.gif haha.gif

i didn't get tickets through my name and i have not gotten an email yet. most ppl have already gotten their tickets but there are still some that have not.

--------------------
+Quote Post

12 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Jul 24th 2014, 5:39 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol