Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V  1 2 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Favorite Idol Recording?
Battle3
post Apr 16th 2011, 5:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

i know this question has probably been asked a bunch of times but whatever lol

Tracks Of My Tears for me because i just love his voice on the song, fits it so perfectly. i personally like his version better than adam's

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Apr 16th 2011, 5:52 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

NatesHeadbander
post Apr 16th 2011, 5:55 PM
Post #2

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. Band: DMB

Either I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues or Rocket Man. I love them all though!! heart.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
avi:[*]||sig:[*]
+Quote Post
Battle3
post Apr 16th 2011, 6:01 PM
Post #3

yeah i love them all i think he has had the best recordings of anyone on idol

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
carriefanforever
post Apr 16th 2011, 6:03 PM
Post #4

Fav. AI8: Megan Joy and Kris Allen

Tracks Of My Tears is my favorite. wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
D.J.
post Apr 16th 2011, 6:11 PM
Post #5

Folsom Prison Blues

--------------------
"Humanity is premiering you jags."
+Quote Post
jstxanothrxstory
post Apr 16th 2011, 6:13 PM
Post #6

Tracks of My Tears or Folsom Prison Blues.

--------------------
I Andrew. Last.fm. Twitter.
01: kelly. nikki. ryan. 02: kimberly. kimberley. 03: jon. fantasia. george.
jennifer. 04: bo. nadia. mikalah. 05: chris. katharine. 06: blake. chris. gina.
melinda. jordin. 07: david. carly. syesha. david. michael. brooke. 08: kris. michael.
allison. danny. 09: lee. crystal. aaron. tim. didi. 10: james. paul. 11: colton.
phillip. erika. elise. skylar. 12: angie. candice. kree. 13: jessica. jena. sam.
+Quote Post
OliveJane
post Apr 16th 2011, 6:44 PM
Post #7

Well gosh I love them all so much...
But probably "Tracks of My Tears" or "Folsom Prison Blues." Although I do also love "I Guess That's Why They Call it the Blues."
Agh they're all so good! smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
[size=2]My Awesome Blog
+Quote Post
Battle3
post Apr 16th 2011, 6:58 PM
Post #8

yeah i know its hard, but thats the point of the question haha to see what people liked the most of all the great recordings

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
NatesHeadbander
post Apr 16th 2011, 7:22 PM
Post #9

I'm gonna rank the recordings:
1. I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues
2. Rocket Man
3. Come Pick Me Up
4. Tracks Of My Tears
5. Old Timey( haha.gif ) Rock N' Roll
6. Folsom Prison Blues

But dang it I love them all so much wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Battle3
post Apr 16th 2011, 7:26 PM
Post #10

tracks of my tears 4th? hmmmmm

mine would be

1. the tracks of my tears
2. Rocket Man
3. Come Pick Me Up
4. I Guess That's Why They Call It The blues
5. Folsom Prison Blues
6. Old Time Rock And Roll

but love them all

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
NatesHeadbander
post Apr 16th 2011, 7:48 PM
Post #11

^^I Guess That's Why They Call It Blues 4th? haha.gif

It was really hard for me to rank them and 4th is just where TOMT happened to fall. I'll edit my list to make it more accurate:
1. I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues
1. Rocket Man
1. Come Pick Me Up
1. Tracks Of My Tears
1. Old Timey Rock N' Roll
1. Folsom Prison Blues

There we go!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Battle3
post Apr 16th 2011, 7:55 PM
Post #12

lol its hard! the tracks of my tears has to be number 1 cuz that was the performance that converted me from a durbinator to a mcpeep, at first i was like whos this guy wearing a suit with flowers all over it lol then when he wore it again on elton john week i was like woah! AWESOME! it takes a certain intelligence to understand paul and love his music

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
NatesHeadbander
post Apr 16th 2011, 8:00 PM
Post #13

When Paul sang Tracks of My Tears I still wasn't a fan at the time. I became a fan I think a few days before he sang Rocket Man after listening to The Grand Magnolias. I really hate it how people who aren't a fan of him say he's bad. I'm like "REALLY?". Now that I'm a fan I really can't see how everyone else doesn't see the amazingness I see in him. heart.gif He's just such an artist and his voice is so unique. I guess most people just don't get that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Battle3
post Apr 16th 2011, 8:19 PM
Post #14

i think its people won't give him a chance, he wasn't my favorite at first but then i gave him a chance and he became my favorite

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
NatesHeadbander
post Apr 16th 2011, 8:27 PM
Post #15

Me too. I hated him at first. People really don't give him a chance. For example: The night Paul sang Folsom Prison Blues my stepdad said he was gonna ruin the song before he even started singing. whut.gif My mom actually gave him a chance though. I let her listen to his Grand Magnolias stuff and she was like "Can you make me a CD of that? It's really good".

This post has been edited by NatesHeadbander: Apr 16th 2011, 8:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
OliveJane
post Apr 16th 2011, 8:41 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(NatesHeadbander @ Apr 16th 2011, 9:27 PM) *

Me too. I hated him at first. People really don't give him a chance. For example: The night Paul sang Folsom Prison Blues my stepdad said he was gonna ruin the song before he even started singing. whut.gif My mom actually gave him a chance though. I let her listen to his Grand Magnolias stuff and she was like "Can you make me a CD of that? It's really good".

Whoa, whoa. Jumping to conclusions about P McD is a HUGE Idol pet peeve of mine. Haha. But yay for your mom liking The Grand Magnolias! thumbsup.gif

For me, my mom and I were mostly fans since his audition. More me than her, though, because when I didn't see this allusive Paul McDonald during Hollywood week I looked him up and bought his album immediately. I've had for 2 months now.
I played some songs for my mom, before Paul sang American Dreams to make the Top 24, and she said that song could be a hit. She's a huge Paul and Grand Mags fan now. At first my dad was reluctant, but he said I could put two of The Grand Magnolias' songs on his iPod anyway. Later that day, he came up to me and said, "Wow, I was wrong, Paul and his band are amazing." grin.gif Now he's a huge fan too, and asked me yesterday when we get to see them in concert. Haha.
We're a Fan Family! w00t.gif (except my brother, but he listens to rappers that sing about hookers and money, so he doesn't count).

--------------------
IPB Image
[size=2]My Awesome Blog
+Quote Post
NatesHeadbander
post Apr 16th 2011, 8:55 PM
Post #17

^^Wow that's awesome! I wish my whole family were the same way. My brother said he looked like a flamer last Wednesday. When people say bad things about him I get so mad and I'm ready to argue with them. Especially if it's attacking him personally. It might be a bit different if it was about his voice but that was going too far thumbdown.gif pinch.gif

It's just so hard for me to understand how not everyone is a fan of him. I mean, I can't get enough of his music! I've listened to my whole Paul McDonald playlist(23 songs) at least 30 times today. I don't think I've ever listened to one person so much in my life!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Battle3
post Apr 16th 2011, 8:59 PM
Post #18

the past couple weeks me and my dad have been going back and forth about paul and the arguments never end well lol. he says "paul sucks" "he can't carry a tune" but i haven't heard any of this stuff since i played sing out for him

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
NatesHeadbander
post Apr 16th 2011, 9:08 PM
Post #19

I think everyone confuses not liking the tone of someone's voice with them not being able to carry a tune. Paul was pretty spot on vocally in all of his performances!

QUOTE(Battle3 @ Apr 16th 2011, 9:59 PM) *

the past couple weeks me and my dad have been going back and forth about paul and the arguments never end well lol. he says "paul sucks" "he can't carry a tune" but i haven't heard any of this stuff since i played sing out for him

His original music usually shuts people up when they hear it. They know that they're wrong and that he really is amazing and ten times more an artist than everyone else this season icecream.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
OliveJane
post Apr 16th 2011, 9:40 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(NatesHeadbander @ Apr 16th 2011, 9:55 PM) *

^^Wow that's awesome! I wish my whole family were the same way. My brother said he looked like a flamer last Wednesday. When people say bad things about him I get so mad and I'm ready to argue with them. Especially if it's attacking him personally. It might be a bit different if it was about his voice but that was going too far thumbdown.gif pinch.gif

It's just so hard for me to understand how not everyone is a fan of him. I mean, I can't get enough of his music! I've listened to my whole Paul McDonald playlist(23 songs) at least 30 times today. I don't think I've ever listened to one person so much in my life!

I really hate when people attack Paul. It makes me SO pissed off, especially because you just know they're so misinformed or just wrong. I also want to argue with people. Just...yarg! angry.gif

See, I'm completely with you here. Watching and listening Paul, I'm always super shocked that people couldn't like Paul (not necessarily to the degree I do, but hating him is unfathomable to me). Haha I'm just as addicted as you are! Although I only have 21 songs (we'll have to compare songs sometime) on my "PAUL!!" playlist. Haha. According to my iPod, which I think is kind of wrong, I've listened to "Four Fifteen" and "American Dreams" 2000 times (a little extreme, since I've had the songs for 2 months). Lordy... Haha.

QUOTE(NatesHeadbander @ Apr 16th 2011, 10:08 PM) *

His original music usually shuts people up when they hear it. They know that they're wrong and that he really is amazing and ten times more an artist than everyone else this season icecream.gif

Does that work for you? Because I've a few of my anti-Paul friends listen to his original things, and only ONE out of like six friends I've shown his music to like him. Sad sad.gif
Luckily, I introduced three of my friends who don't watch Idol to The Grand Magnolias and they love them w00t.gif
And just because I want to put this somewhere sorcerer.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
[size=2]My Awesome Blog
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Nov 26th 2014, 2:43 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol