Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

950 Pages V « < 543 544 545 546 547 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ~~Official~~ General Discussion for Trespassing
Crazyadamfan09
post Feb 20th 2012, 9:30 AM
Post #10881

Group: Members

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. Artist: Rihanna

QUOTE(glamberts @ Feb 20th 2012, 1:49 AM) *

Geez you're a ray of sunshine. I'm never disappointed when I need a gloom fix. Thanks. :

There's nothing gloomy about my post.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 20th 2012, 9:30 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 20th 2012, 12:42 PM
Post #10882

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

QUOTE(Vivaldi @ Feb 20th 2012, 5:14 AM) *

I don't know whether Adam's people have given up on BTIKM.

But, certainly, some people have already given up on BTIKM even at the very beginning. Have they requested the radio stations to play the song? Have they voted on the polls so that the song will get played? Have they helped in promoting the song in any other ways? Or are some of them too obsessed with Adam's beauty and/or his private life? IMHO, some Adam fans need to wake up and stop complaining about Adam, his music, (in their opinions) BTIKM not doing well, etc. If they want him to be successful, then try to do something practical to support him.

Sorry. Just my opinion.

You know what? I'm in TOTAL agreement with you on this. People need to stop bitching and DO SOMETHING to help the song succeed!

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
marlock276
post Feb 20th 2012, 2:06 PM
Post #10883

QUOTE(Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ Feb 20th 2012, 1:42 PM) *

You know what? I'm in TOTAL agreement with you on this. People need to stop bitching and DO SOMETHING to help the song succeed!

thumbsup.gif

--------------------
"Adam Lambert...the modern edgy artist with an old rock soul."~~Eddie Trunk, American music historian, radio personality, talk show host, and author
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 20th 2012, 2:38 PM
Post #10884

QUOTE(marlock276 @ Feb 20th 2012, 2:06 PM) *

thumbsup.gif

If people REALLY want to help the song take off, like they claim to want to, then stop bitching about it here, and get to helping with requests! Enough negativity! ph34rwave.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Feb 20th 2012, 9:53 PM
Post #10885

Nile Rodgers @nilerodgers
Me playing "Shady" with Adam Lambert fb.me/17ZdBUsvq

Adam Lambert @adamlambert
@nilerodgers can't wait for you to hear it mixed. Almost done! original.gif

I love how excited they both are about this song. And I just adore Nile.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 20th 2012, 10:02 PM
Post #10886

QUOTE(bebeg @ Feb 20th 2012, 9:53 PM) *

Nile Rodgers @nilerodgers
Me playing "Shady" with Adam Lambert fb.me/17ZdBUsvq

Adam Lambert @adamlambert
@nilerodgers can't wait for you to hear it mixed. Almost done! original.gif

I love how excited they both are about this song. And I just adore Nile.

Same here! I need this album!!!!!!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Adam_Fan_Forever
post Feb 20th 2012, 10:55 PM
Post #10887

QUOTE(Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ Feb 20th 2012, 10:02 PM) *

Same here! I need this album!!!!!!

Mayprilish... haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 20th 2012, 11:32 PM
Post #10888

QUOTE(Adam_Fan_Forever @ Feb 20th 2012, 10:55 PM) *

Mayprilish... haha.gif

I hate that month! angry.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Adam_Fan_Forever
post Feb 21st 2012, 12:05 AM
Post #10889

QUOTE(Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ Feb 20th 2012, 11:32 PM) *

I hate that month! angry.gif

Me too. I'm worried it will never come cause I can't find it on my calendar! ermm.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ssuussaann
post Feb 21st 2012, 12:06 AM
Post #10890

The delay upsets me. It makes me want to hear the album even if it has to be released independently before RCA has their say, though I understand this is against the rules. I'm sure the fuss is about provocative language in many of the songs, and he can't afford to go all-out because he isn't RiRi, he isn't established and he's gay.
That said, unfortunately I don't find too many of Adam's songs to be truly catchy. Trespassing is alright but still, he needs more in order to enamor the general public and not just us. I played my hubby that YouTube fan vid that was put together with the fast dancing (including Sasha) and didn't even mention the song to him, and awaited his reaction. He said 'yeah, good song'. We need GREAT song, hit it out of the park!! Something like Pink's famous one, the name escapes me now.
I think the watershed is still ahead for Adam. He still needs a huge hit that will put him on the map, and Trespassing is a bit too monotonous, square-dancy and foul-languagy if I recall. Maybe Shady will do it.
I have a memory stick in my car and the only songs I have on it are the ones I know I will truly enjoy while I'm travelling. The only Adam ones I have Feeling Good and the Queen medley from the EMAs. (Maybe more would be there if they were decent quality.)
I think I'm more a fan of the man than the music. No song from the new era has grabbed me yet...in fact I haven't preordered because I wonder if I'll really want to shell out $ for the album. I really hope I'm going to hear a snippet that will make me go to Amazon.

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 21st 2012, 12:07 AM
Post #10891

QUOTE(ssuussaann @ Feb 21st 2012, 12:06 AM) *

The delay upsets me. It makes me want to hear the album even if it has to be released independently before RCA has their say, though I understand this is against the rules. I'm sure the fuss is about provocative language in many of the songs, and he can't afford to go all-out because he isn't RiRi, he isn't established and he's gay.

It's not. He said himself last week, that the delay is because some good songs came in last minute that they're going to add to the album, and also because of logistics that had to do with the international release.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ssuussaann
post Feb 21st 2012, 12:21 AM
Post #10892

Okay, so take away the gay; the rest still holds. Even if the provocative songs stay, I'd bet the new ones are more neutral and try to be catchy.

--------------------
+Quote Post
sealuv
post Feb 21st 2012, 12:56 AM
Post #10893

QUOTE(ssuussaann @ Feb 20th 2012, 10:06 PM) *

That said, unfortunately I don't find too many of Adam's songs to be truly catchy. Trespassing is alright but still, he needs more in order to enamor the general public and not just us. I played my hubby that YouTube fan vid that was put together with the fast dancing (including Sasha) and didn't even mention the song to him, and awaited his reaction. He said 'yeah, good song'. We need GREAT song, hit it out of the park!! Something like Pink's famous one, the name escapes me now.
I think the watershed is still ahead for Adam. He still needs a huge hit that will put him on the map, and Trespassing is a bit too monotonous, square-dancy and foul-languagy if I recall. Maybe Shady will do it.
I have a memory stick in my car and the only songs I have on it are the ones I know I will truly enjoy while I'm travelling. The only Adam ones I have Feeling Good and the Queen medley from the EMAs. (Maybe more would be there if they were decent quality.)
I think I'm more a fan of the man than the music. No song from the new era has grabbed me yet...in fact I haven't preordered because I wonder if I'll really want to shell out $ for the album. I really hope I'm going to hear a snippet that will make me go to Amazon.

well each of us have an a different ear .....for me...the single"Trespassing" sounds funky and cool and definitely not "monotonous and square-dancey" and this is only the acoustic version .........as to foul language....are you talking about "ass" ? Hey....that is an everyday word.... grin.gif think you need to wait and see what comes out of this album...you just might be surprised... thumbsup.gif also Adam keeps saying that RCA has always given him a lot of freedom with his vision, so cannot believe RCA is upset with Shady, Cuckoo, Trespassing etc, even if "provocative"......especially after all the great reviews.

This post has been edited by sealuv: Feb 22nd 2012, 12:22 PM

--------------------
2015 IS GONNA BE ..... NUTS...MAC..'ADAM'..IA NUTS!
+Quote Post
glamglamglam
post Feb 21st 2012, 4:44 PM
Post #10894

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart

Why was this thread locked earlier? huh.gif Raising this question again that I posted in the BTIKM thread (more on-topic here):

Here's what I don't get re: the Trespassing delay... if the album was finished, or close enough to it that they could announce a release date, why did people wait until that late to bring him these super incredible new songs? wacko.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sage
post Feb 21st 2012, 5:03 PM
Post #10895

I seriously doubt Adam is going all out profane on the album. There's been nothing to indicate that. And if RCA is not concerned by Chris Brown saying he wants to f@%* Rihanna and how he's missed her body on the remix, I highly doubt they'll be worried about a$$ on Trespassing. As far as it sounding "square dancey", Adam said the acoustic version sounds nothing like the album version. Adam has a track record of taking his songs and performing them 20 different ways. Not to mention, I can't see Pharrell putting anything out that sounds "square dancey."

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Feb 21st 2012, 5:24 PM
Post #10896

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

I have no clue why the thread was locked, but I reopened it as soon as I saw.

grin.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Feb 21st 2012, 5:59 PM
Post #10897

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Adamholic - Physical CD (Japan)
http://adamholic.com/blog/2012/02/21/bette...ingle-cd-japan/

hooplamagnet Better Than I Know Myself is now available on iTunes Japan http://itun.es/iSk378

pollyness @RequestAdamINTL there's a new update now! original.gif BTIKM already at #1 on Magic 89.9 Top 5@5 countdown! original.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 21st 2012, 6:04 PM
Post #10898

QUOTE(Sage @ Feb 21st 2012, 5:03 PM) *

I seriously doubt Adam is going all out profane on the album. There's been nothing to indicate that. And if RCA is not concerned by Chris Brown saying he wants to f@%* Rihanna and how he's missed her body on the remix, I highly doubt they'll be worried about a$$ on Trespassing. As far as it sounding "square dancey", Adam said the acoustic version sounds nothing like the album version. Adam has a track record of taking his songs and performing them 20 different ways. Not to mention, I can't see Pharrell putting anything out that sounds "square dancey."

Agreed. original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Doriangrey
post Feb 22nd 2012, 9:07 PM
Post #10899

The rumor is that Bruno Mars submitted a song for Trespassing, I hope this is so. I bought his Doo-Wop and Hooligans cd and feel this is the kind of music that would showcase Adam's voice, most of the songs have a complete story and emotional message with a catchy hook and get radio play. Congrats to Bruno for winning the Brit International Male Solo Artist, this category was closed to Adele. lol

--------------------
The Floating World ukiyo referring to a conception of an evanescent world, impermanent, fleeting beauty and a realm of entertainments divorced from the responsibilities of the mundane, everyday world.
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 22nd 2012, 10:26 PM
Post #10900

QUOTE(Doriangrey @ Feb 22nd 2012, 9:07 PM) *

The rumor is that Bruno Mars submitted a song for Trespassing, I hope this is so. I bought his Doo-Wop and Hooligans cd and feel this is the kind of music that would showcase Adam's voice, most of the songs have a complete story and emotional message with a catchy hook and get radio play. Congrats to Bruno for winning the Brit International Male Solo Artist, this category was closed to Adele. lol

OMG, I heard that too!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

950 Pages V « < 543 544 545 546 547 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 21st 2014, 11:48 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol