Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

457 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Home of the "This and That" news/info/etc.
Silvia
post Jul 25th 2011, 7:36 AM
Post #41

Group: Members

Fav. Steven Tyler

With Adam we were there. We were there from the first second when he was an unknown, struggling artist, a regular person like you and I and we experienced the "transformation" step by step with him. We were on his side but also on the side that created that fame. It really is an amazing experience I never experienced before and couldn't have happened in a different age without the net (unless you are an artist's friend/family).

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jul 25th 2011, 7:36 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Adam_Fan_Forever
post Jul 25th 2011, 8:04 AM
Post #42

QUOTE(Silvia @ Jul 25th 2011, 7:36 AM) *

With Adam we were there. We were there from the first second when he was an unknown, struggling artist, a regular person like you and I and we experienced the "transformation" step by step with him. We were on his side but also on the side that created that fame. It really is an amazing experience I never experienced before and couldn't have happened in a different age without the net (unless you are an artist's friend/family).

yes, I think that is why it's so easy to get all caught up with someone's life and fame. Before all you got were magazine interviews and an occaisional t.v. show. Now we hear things every week, sometimes daily - tweets, pap pics, etc.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Jul 25th 2011, 8:16 AM
Post #43

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(Silvia @ Jul 25th 2011, 8:36 AM) *

It is amazing .....We have all taken this jouney together wub.gif And, Adam has masterfully lead us in this journey , while none of us, including Adam has experienced this type of 'fandom' before heart.gif It is also so amazing, how well he has brought us all to this point of anxiously awaiting for his next CD.
This has truely been an extraordinary experience for us all wub.gif

This post has been edited by Love2Lurk: Jul 25th 2011, 8:17 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Jul 25th 2011, 8:25 AM
Post #44

Fav. Steven Tyler

QUOTE(Adam_Fan_Forever @ Jul 25th 2011, 8:04 AM) *

yes, I think that is why it's so easy to get all caught up with someone's life and fame. Before all you got were magazine interviews and an occaisional t.v. show. Now we hear things every week, sometimes daily - tweets, pap pics, etc.

It's not only that. It's the fact that with every other celeb (singer, actor, model, whatever) we always know the famous version of that person. We never know the real, nonfamous version because we're introduced to them after they become famous and because of that we even hear of them when they have a hit album/ single/ show/movie. With Adam, we were there a second before fame hit him, while he was still "us". We were there to make it happen for him original.gif That's why it also inspires such loyalty and and involvement.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Adam_Fan_Forever
post Jul 25th 2011, 8:43 AM
Post #45

QUOTE(Love2Lurk @ Jul 25th 2011, 8:16 AM) *

It is amazing .....We have all taken this jouney together wub.gif And, Adam has masterfully lead us in this journey , while none of us, including Adam has experienced this type of 'fandom' before heart.gif It is also so amazing, how well he has brought us all to this point of anxiously awaiting for his next CD.

QUOTE(Silvia @ Jul 25th 2011, 8:25 AM) *

It's not only that. It's the fact that with every other celeb (singer, actor, model, whatever) we always know the famous version of that person. We never know the real, nonfamous version because we're introduced to them after they become famous and because of that we even hear of them when they have a hit album/ single/ show/movie. With Adam, we were there a second before fame hit him, while he was still "us". We were there to make it happen for him original.gif That's why it also inspires such loyalty and and involvement.

Yep and why we are so excited he made $6 mil last year. He is finding success as he should and we were on the sidelines rooting for him because we know his talent is so phenomenal he needs to get exposure and become the HUGE star we all know he can be.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Jul 25th 2011, 10:47 AM
Post #46

Fav. Steven Tyler

Heartbreaking!!! Less than 10 yrs ago

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/video...-years-old.html

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
glamberts
post Jul 25th 2011, 11:00 AM
Post #47

QUOTE(Silvia @ Jul 25th 2011, 11:47 AM) *

What a difference! She was really pretty and excited.....turned into a mess from drugs.

--------------------
Adam and Queen - AWESOME[/size][/b][b][i][font=Arial Black][size=7]
+Quote Post
nocturnal
post Jul 25th 2011, 11:28 AM
Post #48

QUOTE(Silvia @ Jul 25th 2011, 10:47 AM) *

no.gif very, very sad

--------------------
I prepare, I create, I love ~Adam Lambert
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Jul 25th 2011, 2:50 PM
Post #49

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

QUOTE(Silvia @ Jul 25th 2011, 9:25 AM) *

THIS!

Oh wow. crying.gif crying.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
stardust1213
post Jul 25th 2011, 11:45 PM
Post #50

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(Love2Lurk @ Jul 25th 2011, 9:16 AM) *

Yup...We're all experiencing Adam's success together.... Win...win....

Wow... I didn't know of Amy Winehouse prior to her most publicized problems.... she seemed so normal and down to earth... She even looked happy and healthy.... D*mn you drugs and alcohol!!!! bloated.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
loveroftalent
post Jul 26th 2011, 7:13 AM
Post #51

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(Silvia @ Jul 25th 2011, 8:36 AM) *

Great Post Silvia.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Jul 26th 2011, 7:50 AM
Post #52

Fav. Steven Tyler

QUOTE(loveroftalent @ Jul 26th 2011, 7:13 AM) *

Great Post Silvia.

Tnx thumbsup.gif It's an incredible experience. w00t.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Jul 26th 2011, 11:20 AM
Post #53

QUOTE(Silvia @ Jul 26th 2011, 8:50 AM) *

Tnx thumbsup.gif It's an incredible experience. w00t.gif

It is.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ssuussaann
post Jul 26th 2011, 11:30 AM
Post #54

It definitely is, and I think we sometimes forget that former Idol years didn't have the advantage of such an active Net and Twitter. That said though, I don't think any of Adam's friends would have called him a normal person like you and I. There was a a post I read once, I don't think it was even an interview, where a friend's son of the poster had known Adam when he wasn't famous, and she asked for a description of him back then; so he said he was incredibly smart and crazy, not in those words, but more superlative than that. His theater friends knew there was something special about him, too. Also we have his addiction to dressing up as soon as he was able to, as a baby. It reminds me of Calvin Klein's mother saying he used to make clothes for dolls when he was little. Sometimes people have a clear desiny, where most of us are simply you and I.

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Doriangrey
post Jul 26th 2011, 4:59 PM
Post #55

Is it true that MAC chose Rickey Martin as one of the new faces for the next ad campaign? pinch.gif What are they thinking Adam should have been their man. I know Rickey was closeted and is very courageous to finally come out, kudos to him and every other gay person who has been able to make the change. But really!!!Adam is living his life out and proud shouldn't that be the message heart.gif . Because of Adam I purchased my first MAC black eyeliner, Adam has repeatedly said he uses MAC, he probably has used more eye make-up then most of us. MAC really missed the opportunity to launch unisex cosmetics with the most perfect role model for beauty. Haven't many of us been waiting for Adam to come out with a make-up line or be the spokesperson for MAC. Geez Louise, what type of eyeliner does Adam use? lets all say it together

MAC!MAC!MAC!MAC!MAC!MAC!MAC!MAC!

This post has been edited by Doriangrey: Jul 26th 2011, 5:03 PM

--------------------
The Floating World ukiyo referring to a conception of an evanescent world, impermanent, fleeting beauty and a realm of entertainments divorced from the responsibilities of the mundane, everyday world.
+Quote Post
sealuv
post Jul 26th 2011, 5:08 PM
Post #56

Silvia...madam needs you badly in the BTM thread!!!! haha.gif

--------------------
2015 IS GONNA BE ..... NUTS...MAC..'ADAM'..IA NUTS!
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Jul 26th 2011, 5:12 PM
Post #57

Fav. Steven Tyler

QUOTE(ssuussaann @ Jul 26th 2011, 11:30 AM) *

It definitely is, and I think we sometimes forget that former Idol years didn't have the advantage of such an active Net and Twitter. That said though, I don't think any of Adam's friends would have called him a normal person like you and I. There was a a post I read once, I don't think it was even an interview, where a friend's son of the poster had known Adam when he wasn't famous, and she asked for a description of him back then; so he said he was incredibly smart and crazy, not in those words, but more superlative than that. His theater friends knew there was something special about him, too. Also we have his addiction to dressing up as soon as he was able to, as a baby. It reminds me of Calvin Klein's mother saying he used to make clothes for dolls when he was little. Sometimes people have a clear desiny, where most of us are simply you and I.

I never said he wasn't special! I said he was you and I in the sense that he was unknown. He didn't become unique b/c he became famous. "Special" got him noticed and got him fame and success. BTW, I know many very special ppl, they are just not celebs or singers-performers original.gif

QUOTE(Doriangrey @ Jul 26th 2011, 4:59 PM) *

Is it true that MAC chose Rickey Martin as one of the new faces for the next ad campaign? pinch.gif What are they thinking Adam should have been their man. I know Rickey was closeted and is very courageous to finally come out, kudos to him and every other gay person who has been able to make the change. But really!!!Adam is living his life out and proud shouldn't that be the message heart.gif . Because of Adam I purchased my first MAC black eyeliner, Adam has repeatedly said he uses MAC, he probably has used more eye make-up then most of us. MAC really missed the opportunity to launch unisex cosmetics with the most perfect role model for beauty. Haven't many of us been waiting for Adam to come out with a make-up line or be the spokesperson for MAC. Geez Louise, what type of eyeliner does Adam use? lets all say it together

Yeah. WTF??? huh.gif

QUOTE(sealuv @ Jul 26th 2011, 5:08 PM) *

Silvia...madam needs you badly in the BTM thread!!!! haha.gif

What's the BTM thread?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Jul 26th 2011, 6:25 PM
Post #58

QUOTE(Doriangrey @ Jul 26th 2011, 5:59 PM) *

We have no idea what went on behind the scenes in their choice of Rickey. There were rumors swirling around for awhile about Adam and MAC - maybe he didn't want to do it or maybe they didn't ask.

Honestly, I would think that focusing on the music would be his biggest priority right now. He needs to really establish himself as a successful recording artist/touring artist before some people would take him seriously in other roles. That's not how I feel...but, I know that there's always a feeling of 'oh, the singer wants to be an actor/model or the actor/model wants to be a singer'.

Not gonna lie, though - it would be great to see his face all over the campaign on tv and in magazines. It'll will happen. We've just got to be patient. After all, we are only at the beginning of this journey - Adam's still the new guy on the scene. We've got years and years ahead of us of all kinds of great things.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Jul 26th 2011, 6:42 PM
Post #59

Wait, what? Ricky Martin got the MAC ad campaign?! Didn't Adam have dinner with a MAC exec back in February?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
jnmk
post Jul 26th 2011, 7:37 PM
Post #60

QUOTE(Doriangrey @ Jul 26th 2011, 5:59 PM) *

yah seriously. WTF noexpression.gif

brand-wise it makes no sense to me. ricky's not glam at all and makes no sense to be associated with a makeup brand. maybe he's connected to HIV/AIDS awareness IDK i don't follow him, but there are a lot of other HIV/AIDS causes out there... makes no sense for the MAC brand. ermm.gif

adam would have been perrrrrrrrfect last year and they missed their chance. now he's headed in a different direction, away from that look, so it's not really the right match anymore.

i'm hoping he'll get a high profile fashion campaign for sunglasses or clothing. yes.gif

--------------------

IPB Image
+Quote Post

457 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 19th 2014, 11:26 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol