Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

16 Pages V « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Closed TopicStart new topic
> Adam Lambert “Better Than I Know Myself, New Single – Demo ►Please Stay on Topic!
street
post Feb 21st 2012, 7:07 AM
Post #241

Group: Members

The song lost its bullet on HAC today and looks to be done. Next single please.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 21st 2012, 7:07 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

smilefountain
post Feb 21st 2012, 7:28 AM
Post #242

I predicted this in the beginning and I was right. It's not a good song. It's not a rejection of Adam, just the song. If he can come out with a killer song, it would be played and he could have a big hit. No one should take it personally against Adam, it didn't deserve to be a hit, so why should it be? People said Kelly could not have a big pop hit again, she was too old, too heavy- but she got the right song and it's now the #1 song in the entire world right now. Kelly has a talent for picking the right songs for her. Adam cannot wait around and hope someone hands him a good song, he is going to need to actively pursue it- he has not demonstrated any great talent for songwriting himself. People like him, he's one of the best singers ever, he just needs to go out and get some great songs to back that up.

--------------------
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Feb 21st 2012, 9:07 AM
Post #243

QUOTE(TiredOfSex @ Feb 20th 2012, 9:54 PM) *

All markets matter, but when people say someone is platinum or goes #1 in a different country, it can be very misleading. Platinum in a small country could mean 5000 copies sold. While platinum in the US is 1 million copies sold. That's a big difference. So obviously having 1 million fans is more impressive than 5000.

Isn't the % of the population about the same?

5000 fans in a country with 1,500,000 total population?

--------------------
+Quote Post
kamil24
post Feb 21st 2012, 9:51 AM
Post #244

Fav. CI5: Carly Rae Jepsen
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Emily Piriz

QUOTE(druth8x @ Feb 21st 2012, 9:07 AM) *

Yup. It's just as hard to go "Gold" or "Platinum" in other countries as it is in the US. You don't need to sell as much, but the population is way smaller.

But it's true, 1 million is more impressive than 5000, which is why the topping the US Billboard chart is so impressive in music today, and we follow how many weeks a song is at #1, and if they break any records etc.

--------------------
Emily Piriz, Malaya Watson, Jena Irene, Jessica MeuseIPB Image
+Quote Post
D.J.
post Feb 21st 2012, 12:05 PM
Post #245

I think it's just more of how fans tout the worlds gold or platinum to act like it's impressive. Like people go around and say "Well so and so is platinum _____ and ____ here" like they've sold a million over there.

--------------------
"Humanity is premiering you jags."
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Feb 21st 2012, 6:04 PM
Post #246

Thought so.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TiredOfSex
post Feb 21st 2012, 8:22 PM
Post #247

QUOTE(druth8x @ Feb 21st 2012, 9:07 AM) *

The % is about the same. That doesn't change the fact that having 1 million fans is more impressive than having 5000.

The US is a big country population wise. So going platinum here is the equivalent of going platinum in hundreds of smaller countries. If an artist did that, then yes, it would be just as impressive.

I mean, imagine if you could go platinum by state in the US. You think anyone would be impressed if someone said, "I'm platinum in Rhode Island?" That's pretty much what people are doing with these small countries.

--------------------
IPB Image
And you never knew why you felt so good. In the strangest of places.
Like in waiting rooms and long lines that made you late. Or mall parking lots on holidays.
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Feb 22nd 2012, 12:14 PM
Post #248

Ooh ok yeah Platinum by state. Good analysis.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Quicksilver
post Feb 22nd 2012, 1:52 PM
Post #249

QUOTE(sherrie @ Feb 19th 2012, 10:42 PM) *

Canada and Japan are both decent size markets and as of today BTIKM is #15 on Canadian radio. I'll bet there are a lot of artists that would like to be number one anywhere. The problem I have with US radio is there a couple of large corporations that own the lions share of radio stations in the big market areas and the shots are called from the corporate level. It's not always the PD's making the decisions. I don't know how it can be an all out war if some people have guns (corporate backing) and others don't even have a weapon....is that really a fair fight. I'm not necessarily talking about Adam here, I'm talking about many very talented artists that make great music and never get a chance, eventhough they have better songs than the twenty or thirty chosen songs that are shoved down our throats by every station owned by these large corporations.

Good thing you're not necessarily talking about Adam. I don't see how he would help the problem. He's as bad as many of the artists that are overplayed on radio. We don't need a male Gaga. We need good music on the radio.

--------------------
I wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself | Thanks to Jenn for the blend!
IPB Image
+Quote Post
smilefountain
post Feb 22nd 2012, 2:08 PM
Post #250

This song got one add this week- it's finished. Put a fork in it, it's done.

I really hope they are not thinking about the Bruno song ""Never Close Our Eyes" as the next single- it's not very good, either I don't see it doing any better than this one. This album is turning into a complete disaster. But every artist I like has an album that I didn't particularly like, it doesn't mean you stop being a fan. The next one could be fantastic.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 22nd 2012, 7:25 PM
Post #251

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

QUOTE(smilefountain @ Feb 22nd 2012, 2:08 PM) *

This song got one add this week- it's finished. Put a fork in it, it's done.

I really hope they are not thinking about the Bruno song ""Never Close Our Eyes" as the next single- it's not very good, either I don't see it doing any better than this one. This album is turning into a complete disaster. But every artist I like has an album that I didn't particularly like, it doesn't mean you stop being a fan. The next one could be fantastic.

Ummmm, you haven't even heard the album yet, and you're writing it off? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
Sarahx3
post Feb 22nd 2012, 9:36 PM
Post #252

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. XFactor: Alex & Sierra

QUOTE(Quicksilver @ Feb 22nd 2012, 1:52 PM) *

Good thing you're not necessarily talking about Adam. I don't see how he would help the problem. He's as bad as many of the artists that are overplayed on radio. We don't need a male Gaga. We need good music on the radio.

Yeah we need good music on the radio, as in people with actual singing talent like Adam, and even Gaga has a lot of singing talent, although I don't really like her, but she's talented. I don't know your standard for talent but it seems a bit screwed up.

--------------------
IPB Image
Cornell Big Red, NY נєтѕ, Rangers, Knicks, Mets <3
+Quote Post
sherrie
post Feb 23rd 2012, 12:14 AM
Post #253

QUOTE(Quicksilver @ Feb 22nd 2012, 1:52 PM) *

You might want to listen some of the acoustic versions of BTIKM that Adam did last week when he visited radio stations on the East coast....say what you want about Adam, but he can sing!! One of only a handful of singers around that sounds better live than recorded....no autotuning needed. I guess Brian May and Roger Taylor disagree with your assessment of Adam's voice....maybe you've heard of them, they are in a little band called Queen flowers.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
durnet
post Feb 23rd 2012, 10:20 AM
Post #254

QUOTE(Sarahx3 @ Feb 23rd 2012, 4:36 AM) *

Yeah we need good music on the radio, as in people with actual singing talent like Adam...

Only if the songs they sing are good too. We need more artists like Adele, i.e. artists who have good vocals AND good songs.

QUOTE(sherrie @ Feb 23rd 2012, 7:14 AM) *

You might want to listen some of the acoustic versions of BTIKM that Adam did last week when he visited radio stations on the East coast....say what you want about Adam, but he can sing!! One of only a handful of singers around that sounds better live than recorded....no autotuning needed. I guess Brian May and Roger Taylor disagree with your assessment of Adam's voice....maybe you've heard of them, they are in a little band called Queen flowers.gif

The issue isn't Adam's vocal capabilities, no one questions that, the issue is that the songs aren't good enough. Adam sings stuff that's beneath him IMO, even the material on FYE isn't good enough for him. Evidently Adam isn't as good at songwriting as he is at singing, that's OK but why isn't he getting better material?

This post has been edited by durnet: Feb 23rd 2012, 10:27 AM

--------------------
Fave Contestants: James Durbin (AI10), Juliet Simms (TV2), Dilana (Rock Star: Supernova) Fave Artists: 2Pac, Alanis Morissette, Amy Winehouse, Beck, Björk, Busta Rhymes, Dido, Ellie Goulding, Emeli Sandé, Enya, Frank Ocean, Jack White, Janelle Monáe, Jessie Ware, Jewel, Lenny Kravitz, Lana Del Rey, Lily Allen, M.I.A., Michael Jackson, The Notorious B.I.G., Rob Zombie, Sarah McLachlan, Shaggy, Shakira, Snoop Dogg, Tracy Chapman, The Weekend Fave Groups: Air, Basement Jaxx, Beastie Boys, The Chemical Brothers, Cypress Hill, Daft Punk, Enigma, Faithless, The Fugees, Gorillaz, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Massive Attack, OutKast, The Prodigy, Wu-Tang Clan Fave Bands: Alice in Chains, The Black Keys, Dream Theater, Florence + The Machine, Foo Fighters, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Halestorm, The Heavy, Incubus, Metallica, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Pantera, Pearl Jam, Portishead, Queensrÿche, R.E.M., Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, System of a Down, Tool, U2
+Quote Post
smilefountain
post Feb 23rd 2012, 12:34 PM
Post #255

I think I have things figured out, it's just conjecture, a guess and I'm not saying either side is right or wrong in what they do, we don't know that, and I could be wrong about some things.

But I think this is a lot like what happened with "My December"- if you remember, it was said Kelly's people thought there were around 5 hits, Clive said his research showed him there weren't ANY. So supposedly he asked Kelly to replace 5 songs on the album of 5 songs of his choosing. For whatever reason, that did not happen. (This sort of blasts the concept of the artist having no say because Kelly obviously did, I think the label has control of the singles, but the album itself is what the artist has to agree to)- Clive delayed "My December" several times to try to get Kelly to think it over and agree, but she never did. This is what I think has happened with Trespassing, I don't think the label liked it and there was probably a situation created along the same lines - if you remember, Adam's father in some tweet told him to stand his ground or something like that- so I think that is what happened, and I think Adam, like Kelly, said "no"- I think he did stand his ground, RCA was probably not happy but went along with it- but I think the failure of BTIKM scared Adam and I think he went back to the label and said, "You know... maybe you were right" and now he has caved in to putting some of the things they want on the album, that is the reason for the new delay. So that is what I think has happened, I'm not saying Kelly's label was right in what they did (I like "My December" but it has several clunkers and 5 replaced songs would not have affected it much) and I'm not saying Adam's executives were right (though the three songs I have heard, including the acoustic Trespassing, have been terrible to me)- but I do think this is what went down- it will probably make a better album, and I do think it can be saved (though I hope they don't put on that dreadful Bruno song, it's like 4th rate Erasure)

--------------------
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Feb 23rd 2012, 1:56 PM
Post #256

I think your ideas about the label and Adam comparison to Kelly and My December are accurate.

--------------------
+Quote Post
stellamat
post Feb 23rd 2012, 4:11 PM
Post #257

QUOTE(durnet @ Feb 23rd 2012, 9:20 AM) *

Only if the songs they sing are good too. We need more artists like Adele, i.e. artists who have good vocals AND good songs.
The issue isn't Adam's vocal capabilities, no one questions that, the issue is that the songs aren't good enough. Adam sings stuff that's beneath him IMO, even the material on FYE isn't good enough for him. Evidently Adam isn't as good at songwriting as he is at singing, that's OK but why isn't he getting better material?

Adele wrote her own songs. Doesn't Kelly write her own songs? Their songs are earworms. I don't know why Adam's aren't.

I do LOVE Adam's singing, especially the acoustic versions. I adored "Broken Open" and "Soaked" when Adam sang them live in concert. I wish his Adam Lambert Acoustic Live! EP CD had been more widely distributed. I loved that one!

I also loved "Outlaws of Love" as Adam performed it in Canada last summer. I hope it will be on the album. Adam co-wrote it, I think with Alisan Porter (?)

Maybe it is a matter of musical preferences, and that Adam enjoys songs that are not particularly appealing to others. I wish he would just do covers of great songs, like he did on Idol. That's how we fell in love with him.
Oh well, my judgment is reserved until I hear the entire Trespassing album.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TiredOfSex
post Feb 23rd 2012, 4:23 PM
Post #258

QUOTE(Sarahx3 @ Feb 22nd 2012, 9:36 PM) *

Yeah we need good music on the radio, as in people with actual singing talent like Adam, and even Gaga has a lot of singing talent, although I don't really like her, but she's talented. I don't know your standard for talent but it seems a bit screwed up.

QUOTE(sherrie @ Feb 23rd 2012, 12:14 AM) *

I think you guys missed the point of his post. Good music and singing talent are completely different things. That's why songwriters exist. Because many artists can't write good songs by themselves.

--------------------
IPB Image
And you never knew why you felt so good. In the strangest of places.
Like in waiting rooms and long lines that made you late. Or mall parking lots on holidays.
+Quote Post
durnet
post Feb 23rd 2012, 5:48 PM
Post #259

QUOTE(stellamat @ Feb 23rd 2012, 11:11 PM) *

Adele wrote her own songs. Doesn't Kelly write her own songs? Their songs are earworms. I don't know why Adam's aren't.

Adele's songs are masterpieces, a good song is a good song whether the artist singing it wrote it or not.

--------------------
Fave Contestants: James Durbin (AI10), Juliet Simms (TV2), Dilana (Rock Star: Supernova) Fave Artists: 2Pac, Alanis Morissette, Amy Winehouse, Beck, Björk, Busta Rhymes, Dido, Ellie Goulding, Emeli Sandé, Enya, Frank Ocean, Jack White, Janelle Monáe, Jessie Ware, Jewel, Lenny Kravitz, Lana Del Rey, Lily Allen, M.I.A., Michael Jackson, The Notorious B.I.G., Rob Zombie, Sarah McLachlan, Shaggy, Shakira, Snoop Dogg, Tracy Chapman, The Weekend Fave Groups: Air, Basement Jaxx, Beastie Boys, The Chemical Brothers, Cypress Hill, Daft Punk, Enigma, Faithless, The Fugees, Gorillaz, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Massive Attack, OutKast, The Prodigy, Wu-Tang Clan Fave Bands: Alice in Chains, The Black Keys, Dream Theater, Florence + The Machine, Foo Fighters, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Halestorm, The Heavy, Incubus, Metallica, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Pantera, Pearl Jam, Portishead, Queensrÿche, R.E.M., Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, System of a Down, Tool, U2
+Quote Post
nemoes
post Feb 23rd 2012, 7:54 PM
Post #260

Fav. CI2: Jacob Hoggard
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen
Fav. Gotye. Vampire Weekend.

I don't know why Adam fans are fussing over the first single "flop"?. He's got big shot producers and songwriters and collabs going on and it's obvious the label is behind his back. His videos are constatnly being talked about on Youtube (whether they like or not) and you haven't heard any other songs than one single.
Given the support and attention he's got, all he needs is a moderate to big hit single and I can't imagine the album is going to be full of crappy songs. (Even if it was, they are working on it right now, right?)
He's just a relatively new artist who's just releasing a sophomore album. What more do you expect? Sweeping the charts instantly like Gaga or Perry? wacko.gif

This post has been edited by nemoes: Feb 23rd 2012, 8:00 PM

--------------------
Kris Allen- Stand for the Vision of Love, Will you?
+Quote Post

16 Pages V « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Nov 28th 2014, 1:55 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol