Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

999 Pages V « < 995 996 997 998 999 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Off Topic Thread
GrandmaDot
post Apr 19th 2014, 10:19 PM
Post #19921

Group: Members

A super idea!!! Sell it at the merch stand and in the FC Store - just goes with Feelin' It. Pic with Scotty in a muscle shirt would realllllyyyyyy sellllllll!!! Just sayin'

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Apr 19th 2014, 10:19 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Bleuwolf
post Apr 19th 2014, 10:23 PM
Post #19922

QUOTE(GrandmaDot @ Apr 19th 2014, 10:19 PM) *

A super idea!!! Sell it at the merch stand and in the FC Store - just goes with Feelin' It. Pic with Scotty in a muscle shirt would realllllyyyyyy sellllllll!!! Just sayin'

yes.gif yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ctryfan1980
post Apr 20th 2014, 5:47 PM
Post #19923

Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI13 Sam Woolf

Country Singer Kevin Sharp Has Passed Away at the Age of 43
www.billboard.com/articles/columns/the-615/6062700/country-singer-kevin-sharp-dies-at-43

Country musician Kevin Sharp, who defied the odds in a well-publicized battle with cancer in the 1990s prior to becoming a hit artist on the Billboard country charts, has died at the age of 43.

He passed away Saturday evening (April 19) due to ongoing complications from past stomach surgeries and digestive issues, according to the artist's website.

Sharp was born in in Redding, Calif., on Dec. 10, 1970. At age 7, he and his family moved to Idaho for before returning to California in the mid-1980s. During high school, Sharp began to flex his creative muscles with appearances in local musicals.

But in 1989, Sharp began to experience excessive dizziness and fatigue. After doctors performed several tests, it was determined that he had Ewing’s sarcoma, a form of blood cancer. He was given slim odds of recovery and went through two years of chemotherapy and radiation treatments, permanently losing his hair as a result.

It was during this time that (with the help of the Make-A-Wish Foundation) he met legendary producer David Foster, with whom he developed a strong friendship. In the mid '90s, Sharp began work on a demo tape, which he passed on to the producer, who in turn helped him secure a deal with Asylum Records in Nashville.

Sharp's debut album, "Measure Of A Man," was released in November 1996, and was certified Gold for sales in excess of 500,000 copies. Helping to make the album a success was the first single, “Nobody Knows,” a country version of the song made famous by the Tony Rich Project. The song spent four weeks atop the Billboard Hot Country Singles and Tracks chart.

Sharp charted two more top 10 hits in 1997 -- “She’s Sure Taking It Well” and “If You Love Somebody." He released one more album for Asylum, "Love Is" in 1998, before departing the label. The singer inked a deal with Nashville independent label Cupit in 2005, for which he released the album "Make A Wish."

His last single was 2011’s “Let Me Rock You To Sleep.”

Sharp gave back to the Make-A-WIsh Foundation, becoming one of its leading spokespersons, and also toured the United States as a motivational speaker, telling audiences of the struggles he overcame to succeed in the music business.

Funeral arrangements are pending.

I loved his song "Nobody Knows" when I was in high school. What a shame he is gone so young!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6sPUo09jWk

This post has been edited by ctryfan1980: Apr 20th 2014, 6:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lexien
post Apr 20th 2014, 6:40 PM
Post #19924

QUOTE(ctryfan1980 @ Apr 20th 2014, 6:47 PM) *

Country Singer Kevin Sharp Has Passed Away at the Age of 43
www.billboard.com/articles/columns/the-615/6062700/country-singer-kevin-sharp-dies-at-43

Country musician Kevin Sharp, who defied the odds in a well-publicized battle with cancer in the 1990s prior to becoming a hit artist on the Billboard country charts, has died at the age of 43.

He passed away Saturday evening (April 19) due to ongoing complications from past stomach surgeries and digestive issues, according to the artist's website.

Sharp was born in in Redding, Calif., on Dec. 10, 1970. At age 7, he and his family moved to Idaho for before returning to California in the mid-1980s. During high school, Sharp began to flex his creative muscles with appearances in local musicals.

But in 1989, Sharp began to experience excessive dizziness and fatigue. After doctors performed several tests, it was determined that he had Ewing’s sarcoma, a form of blood cancer. He was given slim odds of recovery and went through two years of chemotherapy and radiation treatments, permanently losing his hair as a result.

It was during this time that (with the help of the Make-A-Wish Foundation) he met legendary producer David Foster, with whom he developed a strong friendship. In the mid '90s, Sharp began work on a demo tape, which he passed on to the producer, who in turn helped him secure a deal with Asylum Records in Nashville.

Sharp's debut album, "Measure Of A Man," was released in November 1996, and was certified Gold for sales in excess of 500,000 copies. Helping to make the album a success was the first single, “Nobody Knows,” a country version of the song made famous by the Tony Rich Project. The song spent four weeks atop the Billboard Hot Country Singles and Tracks chart.

Sharp charted two more top 10 hits in 1997 -- “She’s Sure Taking It Well” and “If You Love Somebody." He released one more album for Asylum, "Love Is" in 1998, before departing the label. The singer inked a deal with Nashville independent label Cupit in 2005, for which he released the album "Make A Wish."

His last single was 2011’s “Let Me Rock You To Sleep.”

Sharp gave back to the Make-A-WIsh Foundation, becoming one of its leading spokespersons, and also toured the United States as a motivational speaker, telling audiences of the struggles he overcame to succeed in the music business.

Funeral arrangements are pending.
I loved his song "Nobody Knows" when I was in high school. What a shame he is gone so young!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6sPUo09jWk

Rest in peace, Mr. Sharp.

--------------------
+Quote Post
AussieSonya
post Apr 21st 2014, 2:28 AM
Post #19925

Fav. Team McCreery #158

QUOTE(TorySC @ Apr 19th 2014, 2:14 PM) *

I would love to buy a big Scotty Beach Towel for my nieces. I would need about 10 of them. Wouldn't it be great to see girls and kids at the beach and pools with a Scotty towel! The SYT cover would be great picture for it! I think it would be a big seller. Anybody else interested?

I think 'Feelin' It' would make a great slogan for a Coke A Cola advertising campaign - too late for the Northern summer but perfect for Down Under come November/December!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ptebwwong
post Apr 21st 2014, 4:07 PM
Post #19926

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

While checking the add board on All Access, I saw a few country songs added to the Christian genre. I haven't listened to the Christian genre in a few years. Has it changed? I ask this because the country songs that were added were new singles from FGL & Luke's, Thomas Rhett, Brantley, Dan + Shay, etc.

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Ottawa1946
post Apr 21st 2014, 4:15 PM
Post #19927

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

Fav. AI: Scotty McCreery

For those of you who think that you are technology challenged, think again. There are some who are totally oblivious to the new world. It's in German, but doesn't matter.

http://www.snotr.com/embed/8965

--------------------
+Quote Post
ctryfan1980
post Apr 21st 2014, 5:27 PM
Post #19928

Fav. AI13 Sam Woolf

Idol alum Bucky Covington has new single "Buzzin'" going for adds May 12.

What is it with Idol alums with this song title? Scotty, Kellie, and now Bucky all have a song "Buzzin." Guess that is a popular word to write about! Another connection, all 3 are from NC! It just better not be the same one Scotty recorded!

--------------------
+Quote Post
tweetypickler
post Apr 21st 2014, 5:37 PM
Post #19929

QUOTE(ctryfan1980 @ Apr 21st 2014, 6:27 PM) *

Idol alum Bucky Covington has new single "Buzzin'" going for adds May 12.

What is it with Idol alums with this song title? Scotty, Kellie, and now Bucky all have a song "Buzzin." Guess that is a popular word to write about! Another connection, all 3 are from NC! It just better not be the same one Scotty recorded!

kellies buzzin is nowhere near Scottys Heres kellies buzzin

Kellie Pickler - Buzzin' [Lyrics On Screen]: http://youtu.be/AhQhFBXzB6g via @YouTube

--------------------
+Quote Post
ctryfan1980
post Apr 21st 2014, 5:48 PM
Post #19930

Fav. AI13 Sam Woolf

QUOTE(tweetypickler @ Apr 21st 2014, 6:37 PM) *

kellies buzzin is nowhere near Scottys Heres kellies buzzin
Kellie Pickler - Buzzin' [Lyrics On Screen]: http://youtu.be/AhQhFBXzB6g via @YouTube

I know. I own Kellie's album. I am curious how Bucky's will be.

--------------------
+Quote Post
tweetypickler
post Apr 21st 2014, 5:54 PM
Post #19931

QUOTE(ctryfan1980 @ Apr 21st 2014, 6:48 PM) *

me too but i am sure it will be so different also

--------------------
+Quote Post
tweetypickler
post Apr 21st 2014, 6:01 PM
Post #19932

QUOTE(ctryfan1980 @ Apr 21st 2014, 6:48 PM) *

heres part of buckys song

Audio Track: Bucky Covington - Buzzin' | New Country Music, Songs. Listen 4 Free | http://Roughstock.com http://po.st/MggFmU via @po_st

clink on 2nd link & it will take you directly to Buckys song Buzzin

This post has been edited by tweetypickler: Apr 21st 2014, 6:03 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
jailbelle
post Apr 21st 2014, 8:08 PM
Post #19933

Fav. AI9: Casey James

Wow! I really like both Kellie's and Bucky's version (especially Kellie). Both different from Scotty's but both good.

Followed the link to listen to Jerrod's 'Donkey' (finally)! OMG!!! That is the worst song! I really liked some of Jerrod's earlier stuff like "Lover, Lover" and "What Do You Want". But I think he just followed the horrible country rap fad to his final demise with this song. Of course, I could well be wrong and this could be a huge radio hit among the younger country fans. shifty.gif (not)

--------------------
+Quote Post
ctryfan1980
post Apr 21st 2014, 8:21 PM
Post #19934

Fav. AI13 Sam Woolf

I like Bucky's "Buzzin'." How many more "Buzzin'" song will come out this year! haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
summerlake
post Apr 21st 2014, 8:40 PM
Post #19935

Fav. Judge: Jennifer Lopez

never mind.

This post has been edited by summerlake: Yesterday, 1:56 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

Season 13 Rocks!!
+Quote Post
jailbelle
post Apr 21st 2014, 9:22 PM
Post #19936

Fav. AI9: Casey James

Looks like Brantley Gilbert's Twitter account got hacked. This cracked me up:

Brantley Gilbert ‏@BrantleyGilbert 23m

This has changed my life! http://bit.ly/1h8GLxO

(For those who don't open links, this link is to Women's Health and an ad for losing 23 lbs of belly fat in one month.)

haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
tweetypickler
post Yesterday, 12:00 AM
Post #19937

Christ, America Dominate Box Office, Anti-God 'Noah' Sinks http://shar.es/TyvEh via @BreitbartNews This Is Great News

--------------------
+Quote Post
TorySC
post Yesterday, 7:11 AM
Post #19938

QUOTE(tweetypickler @ Apr 22nd 2014, 1:00 AM) *

Christ, America Dominate Box Office, Anti-God 'Noah' Sinks http://shar.es/TyvEh via @BreitbartNews This Is Great News

Great to see! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
buttons66
post Yesterday, 8:36 AM
Post #19939

http://www.cmaworld.com/events/country-mus...fame-induction/

live streaming of inductees into CMH of fame.10.00CT (11.00ET)

Country Music Assoc. ‏@CountryMusic · 11m

Who's it going to be?! We're announcing the Country Music Hall of Fame inductees LIVE! Watch it here: http://countrymu.sc/2014CMHOF

This post has been edited by buttons66: Yesterday, 8:45 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
buttons66
post Yesterday, 10:58 AM
Post #19940

QUOTE(buttons66 @ Apr 22nd 2014, 9:36 AM) *

http://www.cmaworld.com/events/country-mus...fame-induction/

live streaming of inductees into CMH of fame.10.00CT (11.00ET)
Country Music Assoc. ‏@CountryMusic · 11m

Who's it going to be?! We're announcing the Country Music Hall of Fame inductees LIVE! Watch it here: http://countrymu.sc/2014CMHOF

Grand Ole Opry ‏@opry · 5m
Congratulations to the newest @countrymusichof inductees, Hank Cochran, Mac Wiseman, and #OpryMember @ronniemilsap!

--------------------
+Quote Post

999 Pages V « < 995 996 997 998 999 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
11 User(s) are reading this topic (10 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Grandmaof7

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 23rd 2014, 5:14 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol