Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adam Lambert Questions
Jkrutoo
post May 19th 2011, 12:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Didn't see a thread for this. If there is one, I must have missed it.

I thought it would be good to have a thread where less educated Glamberts can learn more about Adam.

My first question is:

What show was it that Adam was getting choked up during the song Soaked (I think) and what was the story (if any) behind it?

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post May 19th 2011, 12:20 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

frank1088
post May 19th 2011, 1:16 PM
Post #2

QUOTE(Jkrutoo @ May 19th 2011, 1:20 PM) *

I thought it would be good to have a thread where less educated Glamberts can learn more about Adam.

My first question is:

What show was it that Adam was getting choked up during the song Soaked (I think) and what was the story (if any) behind it?

I like this thread! We "experienced" Glamberts can show off our wealth of knowledge about AFL. It's kind of like a fun trivia game. However, I'm not sure of the answer to this first question. I think he got choked up during Soaked a few times. My opinion is that, A, the beauty of the song overwhelms him; B, it's a little bit of acting, C, he's just an emotional guy. What do the other aficionados think?

This post has been edited by frank1088: May 19th 2011, 1:16 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jkrutoo
post May 19th 2011, 1:42 PM
Post #3

Thanks for the reply. I thought I read somewhere that wherever he was when this one that I am thinking of happened, Cheeks was at the show. Was wondering if it was related in any way.....

--------------------
+Quote Post
frank1088
post May 19th 2011, 2:17 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Jkrutoo @ May 19th 2011, 2:42 PM) *

Thanks for the reply. I thought I read somewhere that wherever he was when this one that I am thinking of happened, Cheeks was at the show. Was wondering if it was related in any way.....

Hmm. I'll have to go back and rewatch.

--------------------
+Quote Post
frank1088
post May 19th 2011, 2:30 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(frank1088 @ May 19th 2011, 3:17 PM) *

Hmm. I'll have to go back and rewatch.

Cheeks attended the Dec. 15 Music Box show in LA. In case you didn't see this, he's dancing in the balcony with Adam's dad.

http://adamlamberttv.blogspot.com/2010/12/...lam-nation.html

Here's the Soaked from that night. He does appear to be crying. And he does look up in the balcony a lot. Maybe he is thinking about his past relationship with Cheeks. You newbies can teach us old dogs a trick or two!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vivZtj-sr3g

This post has been edited by frank1088: May 19th 2011, 2:36 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SilverThornLove
post May 19th 2011, 3:46 PM
Post #6

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. AI9: Siobhan Magnus

QUOTE(Jkrutoo @ May 19th 2011, 12:20 PM) *

My first question is:

I think people noticed that he was crying in Soaked during that show with the Westboro Baptist Church protesters, but others said it was either just sweat, or for reasons previously mentioned (a little acting, emotional song, etc). But there were several videos in which people noticed this; that's just the one I remember because everyone thought it was because of the protesters.

--------------------
~~~ #609 ~~~
IPB Image
Sig: Sarahx3 (<--- <3<3<3) ~ Icon: the lovely argylepiratewd
+Quote Post
Jkrutoo
post May 19th 2011, 4:06 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(frank1088 @ May 19th 2011, 3:30 PM) *

Cheeks attended the Dec. 15 Music Box show in LA. In case you didn't see this, he's dancing in the balcony with Adam's dad.

Here's the Soaked from that night. He does appear to be crying. And he does look up in the balcony a lot. Maybe he is thinking about his past relationship with Cheeks. You newbies can teach us old dogs a trick or two!

Thanks for posting both of those! Eber and Cheeks dancing is so adorable! I love that they still talk - thier banter on Twitter is hilarious.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jkrutoo
post May 24th 2011, 10:51 AM
Post #8

Another one from me!

On AI 8, who was it that Adam did not like? I heard him admit there was one other participant he did not get along with.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TennisLover813
post May 24th 2011, 10:57 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(frank1088 @ May 19th 2011, 1:16 PM) *

I like this thread! We "experienced" Glamberts can show off our wealth of knowledge about AFL. It's kind of like a fun trivia game. However, I'm not sure of the answer to this first question. I think he got choked up during Soaked a few times. My opinion is that, A, the beauty of the song overwhelms him; B, it's a little bit of acting, C, he's just an emotional guy. What do the other aficionados think?

He had tears in his eyes at the very first GNT performance Wilkebarre PA. It mayhave been soaked or Whataya Want from Me? I'm sure it was a very emotioal moment for him . I'll have to go back and look too

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post May 24th 2011, 11:24 AM
Post #10

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

Probably because it was first show.

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
vistadiva
post May 24th 2011, 1:05 PM
Post #11

Group: NX Subscribers

Fav. "It ain't that deep"

QUOTE(TennisLover813 @ May 24th 2011, 11:57 AM) *

He had tears in his eyes at the very first GNT performance Wilkebarre PA. It mayhave been soaked or Whataya Want from Me? I'm sure it was a very emotioal moment for him . I'll have to go back and look too

It was WWFM...when he sang "thanks for loving me" and the audience cheered loudly.

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post May 24th 2011, 1:07 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

QUOTE(vistadiva @ May 24th 2011, 2:05 PM) *

It was WWFM...when he sang "thanks for loving me" and the audience cheered loudly.

It was the first show and it wasn't planned, the crowd just erupted with cheers in a spontaneous fashion. It became the 'thing to do' throughout the tour, but this was so unrehearsed and unexpected, I think it really got him.

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
vistadiva
post May 24th 2011, 1:13 PM
Post #13

Group: NX Subscribers

Fav. "It ain't that deep"

QUOTE(frank1088 @ May 19th 2011, 3:30 PM) *

Madam and I were sitting directly behind Cheeks and Eber....Cheeks also danced in the aisle with Leila. Neil was a few seats to our right and Leila with the Cherrys and Allison with Immerman were 2 rows down and to our left.

I think this was a very emotional night for Adam. To return to one of the places that started it all on exactly the same date years later as a STAR ...singing the same song (Change is Gonna Come) was a full circle moment for him. That's why he told the story of being told "NO" and why he sang that song. So, tears were no surprise, but IMHO it had nothing to do with Cheeks...and everything to do with Adam's own battle to be successful at what he loves while being the person he really is. wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post May 24th 2011, 1:16 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

WWFM - Wilkes-Barre:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh5CFLfjzXc

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post May 24th 2011, 1:18 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(vistadiva @ May 24th 2011, 2:13 PM) *

Madam and I were sitting directly behind Cheeks and Eber....Cheeks also danced in the aisle with Leila. Neil was a few seats to our right and Leila with the Cherrys and Allison with Immerman were 2 rows down and to our left.

I think this was a very emotional night for Adam. To return to one of the places that started it all on exactly the same date years later as a STAR ...singing the same song (Change is Gonna Come) was a full circle moment for him. That's why he told the story of being told "NO" and why he sang that song. So, tears were no surprise, but IMHO it had nothing to do with Cheeks...and everything to do with Adam's own battle to be successful at what he loves while being the person he really is. wub.gif

Awwwww. I'm sure it had to do with the full circle moment, and all of his friends and family there to share it with him.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Jkrutoo
post May 25th 2011, 3:58 PM
Post #16

Thanks for all the responses. I actually read something on Cheeks's website about this, meant to bookmark it, forgot, and now can't find it. But someone posted something about how they saw Cheeks watching Adam becoming emotional and he left his seat/area to go down to the stage area to make (eye?) contact with Adam, or to meet him in the backstage area, or something like that to make sure he was ok.

Touched my heart. I wish I was close with *some* of my ex's like that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SilverThornLove
post May 25th 2011, 4:36 PM
Post #17

Fav. AI9: Siobhan Magnus

QUOTE(Jkrutoo @ May 24th 2011, 10:51 AM) *

Another one from me!
On AI 8, who was it that Adam did not like? I heard him admit there was one other participant he did not get along with.

Whenever people bring this up, they make it sound like it's so obvious who it is. I don't know, either. Danny? That's the only one I can think of. He got along great with Kris, Alli, Lil, etc.

--------------------
~~~ #609 ~~~
IPB Image
Sig: Sarahx3 (<--- <3<3<3) ~ Icon: the lovely argylepiratewd
+Quote Post
Jkrutoo
post May 25th 2011, 5:15 PM
Post #18

When I heard him mention it, it was during an interview back during AI and he said he would reveal it after the tour. I just assume at some point that he had and I wasn't aware of it!

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post May 25th 2011, 5:26 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE(Jkrutoo @ May 25th 2011, 6:15 PM) *

When I heard him mention it, it was during an interview back during AI and he said he would reveal it after the tour. I just assume at some point that he had and I wasn't aware of it!

He never did. I guess whatever 'friction' there was got worked out during the tour.

As far as Cheeks leaving to go stand by the stage, I sat right behind him and I don't remember that at all.

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post May 25th 2011, 6:18 PM
Post #20

I originally thought that it might be Michael, as it seemed like during the show, they didn't mesh that well together, and Michael said that Adam opened his eyes to a lot and admitted that before he met Adam, he was ignorant about homosexuality. They are good now though, and Michael always praises Adam whenever he can.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Dec 21st 2014, 10:09 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol